Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,982 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. (1670 Views)

People' Prime Apt. Test Result Is Out / Invitation For People Prime Interview Discussion / People Prime {urgent} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by shostar: 2:16pm On Jul 19, 2007
Pls help!Fellow nairalanders,If you are already employed. Where do you tell your Boss you are going during the people prime interview. I'm currently a contract staff with Zenith Pensions Custodian Ltd.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by lanres1(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2007
I want to believe that your boss doesn't know that peopleprime is organizing a fair. If I were you, I would pretend to be sick even before going to the fair. I just hope that there won't be a sudden twist if you get to meet him there, lol
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by afam1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2007
even if his boss catch am ,same niii
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by Exhaust(m): 4:10pm On Jul 19, 2007
Why dont u just seek for permission.I have a brother working with Zenith banks and he goes fo tests an interview often.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by damkollins(m): 5:14pm On Jul 19, 2007
Exhaust:

Why don't u just seek for permission.I have a brother working with Zenith banks and he goes fo tests an interview often.

better
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by madeonline(m): 5:45pm On Jul 19, 2007
"See you at the fair , no matter the obstacles!"
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by damkollins(m): 5:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
madeonline:

Don't let your boss know you are going anywhere , play a little bit of truancy. No employer wants to loose a good staff , so you have got to take laws into your hands to get fresh offers and career move.

Do some acting on Thursday , just keep unusually mute and slow paced at work (symptoms of malaria). On Friday get to be at the venue and call your HR that you are ill. I do hope you have a doctor friend that could issue you a back dated doctor's report. Just vist him (the doctor) on Sunday for a random check up! If the HR grumbles on Monday present that doctor's report. He/She must be human and say how is your health and the likes, I guess.

After telling HR you are ill please do remember to switch off your set, or cut off the phone before he/she insists that you report to work first (bad network , afterall , GSM vendor are still defending themmselves in Abuja) . Switch off till after the programme on Sat or till sunday morning. Tell them power outage and battery low (PHCN is ever holding power, the MD knows better since he spends so much on diesel weekly, more than he would ever dream to pay his DMD per month!).

Can someone count the number of lies I have intermixed now , I actually lost count. Please pardon me, "corporate lies" perfected my skills. Daily I pray for forgiveness and I look forward to work in a firm that upholds the ideal and excludes "corporate lies" from their Operational guidelines or superior - subornitae memos and instructions (particularly oral ones).

Anyway don't tell any one of these lies if you have not been forced to tell some "corporate lies" during your course of stewardship at Zenith , and I mean it.

If you have, please tell a few more to get yourself some options of getting a better placement and perhaps better pay and conditions of service.

Cheers ,

Corporate lies indeed.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by shostar: 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2007
@madeonline, U're great.I really feel you, thanks a lot.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by shostar: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2007
Fellow nairalanders,hope to see you at the fair.I'm in lagos centre.My phone nos are 08034922862 and 08055049456.I go yearn una later how things go.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by tionne(f): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2007
damkollins i can see u dont approve of madeonline's corporate lies,
wat do you propose one do facing that kind of situation.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by damkollins(m): 11:22am On Jul 20, 2007
tionne:

damkollins i can see u don't approve of madeonline's corporate lies,
what do you propose one do facing that kind of situation.
Tpe,I'm lost of ideas here.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by obanikoro2(m): 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2007
@madeonline
hmm! Talking from experience I guess.  grin

@shostar

can u imagine?

@damkollins

speaking my mind

@tionne

ask for leave. That was what I did.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by Ben24: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2007
I pray your boss don,t vist nairaland, or are so sure that your boss is not coming. Just joking. Pray for fovour and apply wisdom for a bird in hand, Stay cool hope to see u there
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by lightofjoy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 22, 2007
I dont think taking permisiion should be a problem cos nobody normally should be contented with where he or she is, So its the normal practice of everybody. So get a genuie excuse. It is well.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by kjblow: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2007
Fellow nairalanders! abeg make una borrow brain too because me too they for state of confusion now self. i just got this job 01-july-07 and last week i saw the invitation of peopleprime. i wrote the test in lagos then but am now in Abuja working. You know what, i want to go for this fair because i want be employed in a place where i will be payed big money than what am been payed now. Can you people advice me on what to tell my boss knowing fully that am very ok health wise because i dey work now self today wey be monday and i wish i to go Lagos for the fair on Wednesday. I can't afford to miss Chevron, OANDO, mtn etc for a 50k job. Abeg make una yearn oh. e ya mi ni brain oh!!! undecided
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by damkollins(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2007
kj blow:

Fellow Nairaland users! abeg make una borrow brain too because me too they for state of confusion now self. i just got this job 01-july-07 and last week i saw the invitation of peopleprime. i wrote the test in lagos then but am now in Abuja working. You know what, i want to go for this fair because i want be employed in a place where i will be payed big money than what am been payed now. Can you people advice me on what to tell my boss knowing fully that am very ok health wise because i dey work now self today wey be monday and i wish i to go Lagos for the fair on Wednesday. I can't afford to miss Chevron, OANDO, mtn etc for a 50k job. Abeg make una yearn oh. e ya mi ni brain oh!!! undecided
Use ur brain.
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by dracklee: 5:02pm On Jul 23, 2007
yea, use your brain times two
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by odada(m): 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2007
Was in the same predicament myself until when i asked my boss just this morning for a day off!yes a day off but y'all know i will be away for 2 days!so am going to call in on thursday evening and blab about something like having malaria-only for me to show up on monday morning looking bright as ever cheesy!for me really, the problem is not just for this week!what happens when the employers we meet at the fair begin to invite us for other one-on-one sessions during working hours
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by olafemi(m): 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2007
The email was sent early enough for you to arrange your self better,though i work too but i have already applied for off duty from 25-28, since i stay i PH, you can say you are attending a seminal but not in Lagos otherwise he will just understand you are heading for Gfair. Good luck
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by madeonline(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2007
Olafemi what would you do if your boss is not magnaanimous enough to approve your leave or off? Kindly advice and instead he goes ahead to fix "Saturday and Sunday" extra work to coincide with the fair!
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by tionne(f): 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2007
yeah and what if ur boss knows about the fair and tell you to take the upper week instead what will u do then?

anyway as for me ve been tranfered to ibandan n was told to resume work next monday so i dont ve a station to report to now, is it not wonderful,

pray for God' s intervention that was what i did
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by iyken(m): 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2007
Wait a minute house, so what if my boss knows,so what if am AWOL for 1-2 days. Query?,suspension,sack?

Its risky to take risk and riskier not to take at all.

Risk with care.

Readers emptor. grin
Re: People Prime And Employer's Gimmick. by Lagoseko(m): 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2007
Am  now,working shld I include that am working on my CV because the fair is only for unemployed graduaters?Please help .

(1) (Reply)

Antal International Vacancies / Careers@etisalat.com.ng (why Mail Failure Notice Always) / Ndic Second Stage Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.