Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks (21954 Views)

Captain Alphonsus Alexander Kalthy Bazza 'Commits Suicide' In Uyo, Family Kicks / 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Vabama: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
A 14-year-old girl, Favour Appiah, has drowned in the swimming pool of a popular hotel, Manuex Place Hotel, in Effurun, in the Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

Sources said the incident, which occurred on Sunday , threw guests and staff of the hotel into confusion.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the hotel, located on Jakpa Road, was often used by several oil companies.

A family member of the victim, who did not want to be identified, said the hotel management was negligent.

According to the distraught family member, the pool attendant was not around when the incident happened.

The deceased was reportedly declared missing on the hotel premises by her relatives before her lifeless body was discovered at the bottom of the pool.

“We searched everywhere when we could not find her. We thought she might have gone to change. We checked, but we didn’t see her until we drew the attention of the hotel to the incident.

“The pool attendant was not there when the incident happened. When the pool attendant came, he refused to enter the water. No one could see the bottom of the water.

It was one of the receptionists who just resumed who entered the pool to search if she was there. Lo and behold, she had drowned and was lying at the bottom of the pool,” the family member said.

Our correspondent gathered that the remains of the teenager were later deposited at the mortuary of the Central Hospital, Warri.

The Manager of Manuex Place Hotel, Benie O., confirmed the incident, but declined to give details.

The acting Police Public Relations Officer, Delta State, DSP Bright Edafe, also confirmed the incident.

Source: https://punchng.com/family-kicks-as-14-year-old-girl-drowns-in-delta-hotel/

1 Share

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Bola146(f): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2021
cry
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by BigRocky: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2021
Can u imagine.

Big hotel no life guard on duty..

This is a total negligence on the part of the hotel management.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by pode(m): 7:23am On Aug 18, 2021
Pictures or I don't believe, because this where I live

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by HornyTave: 7:47am On Aug 18, 2021
I'll be thw last person to marry a girl who isnt a Virgin

Omon, it is a things.

3 Likes

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
The pool attendant was not there when the incident happened. When the pool attendant came, he refused to enter the water. No one could see the bottom of the water.
Which kin yeye pool attendant be dat one

It was one of the receptionists who just resumed who entered the pool to search if she was there. Lo and behold, she had drowned and was lying at the bottom of the pool,” the family member said.
Some people may be wondering how do people sink when they drowned.
Or why do some people float and why do some sink?
The reason/difference is that,
People float when they have air in their lungs.
If we drown with lungs full of water then most of us become slightly denser than water.
A few days later the gases in the gut caused by bacterial decomposition will often bring the body to the surface again.
People with a lot of body fat may not sink because fat is lighter than water, while skinny people are more likely to sink because their bones, which are much denser than water, form a large percentage of their body weight.
There you have it.

May the soul of the young girl rest in peace.
What a sad incident. cry

loliapoopy2013:

Such a painful loss. Thank you for the insight. I have learnt something today on why some people sink and some float.
You are always welcome ma.
Nairaland.com is a forum where we are supposed to gain knowledge from each other, buy unfortunately, some set of nuisances want to turn this forum to an animal kingdom!
We learn here every time also.
Nice day ma!

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by thatsleepboy1: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Death is just flying around and taking innocent pple while the main person that should have been sacrificed for this nation is still alive which is really unfair from the angel of death.

God bless the dead.

5 Likes

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
HornyTave:

I'll be the last person to marry a girl who isnt a Virgin

Omon, it is a things o.
First of all, wetin carry virginity enter this news now?

Secondly,
99.9999% of men said the same thing at your age,
But now nko, we know as e dey go!

Don't worry, when you grow up a little more,
You will understand berrer .

RIP to the little girl.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Sad news
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by candidbabe(f): 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Another bad news
Dammmmn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by temitope27(m): 1:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
pode:
Pictures or I don't believe, because this where I live
maybe you are still sleeping by this time grin

3 Likes

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by umpire1st(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
are you sure you are normal?..smh people wey normal for nigeria no reach 10 walahi
HornyTave:
I'll be thw last person to marry a girl who isnt a Virgin

Omon, it is a things.

4 Likes

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2021
Okay
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by zolajpower: 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
BigRocky:
Can u imagine.

As big as 4 point by Sheraton is too no life guard oo.

5 Likes

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Coldie(m): 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
Make d pool attendant spend time for prison small, it's majority his fault
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by jeanexx7(m): 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2021
Why did they allow swimming on an untreated pool. If the Pool is treated, you will see bottom of the Pool.

12 Likes

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by dheaven: 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
Who will now face the charges, the hotel owner or the pool attendants?
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by blackboy(m): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
Either the pool was dirty or very deep for them not to notice the girl at the bottom od the water.
Pool attendant? They know their job? Incompetent and not ready to work workers must be discarded or else they will do more harm than good to the organization.
If he was at his duty post the girl might have lived.
Parents keep an eye on your children. Forget those saying it is none of your business what they do or they are entitled to freedom or privacy. Who e pain last?
God have mercy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by otokx(m): 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2021
The pool attendant refused to enter the water summarizes it all.

1 Like

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Bustincole(m): 1:32pm On Aug 18, 2021
God help us ooo
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Bmaster(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
RIP to the dead.

But on other hands,why is it that swimming is too common among teenage girls of today,wetin them see for swimming pool sef

1 Like

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by DrChukki: 1:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
It's a pity
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by chimezieeze98: 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pjymlac_Jc

Rip to the dead..... Close to 60 percent of the deaths in Nigeria is due to negligence, wickedness and nonchalant attitude of those put in place to help others and save lives.

I almost drowned in ikoyi club back then.
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Cosmatikka: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2021
I hate it wen people are made to pay for other people's stupidity.
Where were her parents wen a 14yr old over spoilt child that can't swim went to swim? They ll now want to emphasize she's a child, but allowed same child to go swim all by herself. undecided

An accident will occur on a Nigerian road, the person will bleed for 30mins. No emergency services, then they'll use byke or keke and scoop the poor man to the nearest local hospital. On the road dey could have added a cervical fracture which makes prognosis worse.
By the time d patient is almost dead and doctor asked for them to open a card, argument starts. If patient dies 2mins after arriving the hospital, doctor is blamed for not been a super hero

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by 900warriorz: 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2021
bgb
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Providence2020(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
I'm not normally inclined to go to water, I drink it but I'm a land animal and enough bad experiences have taught me lessons about large bodies of water.

Bmaster:
RIP to the dead.

But on other hands,why is it that swimming is too common among teenage girls of today,wetin them see for swimming pool sef

Because most of them are out courtesy of one BF like that. Any excuse to leave their boring lives and shake nyash in front of strangers. Most people who can't swim know they can't swim yet peer pressure will make them plunge into water like they're Aquaman. I always tell young people to watch out for people they call friends, how can a friend lead you to your death?

1 Like

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Thermodynamics(m): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ah, na my hood be this oh, like 3 minutes walk from my house.
Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by Owioba: 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2021
BigRocky:
Can u imagine.

broda nor be if dier market dey move. �

1 Like

Re: Favour Appiah: 14-year-old Girl Drowns In Manuex Place Hotel Delta. Family Kicks by NazareneMonk: 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2021
Who to blame?

Parents lately are too careless and they end up paying the ultimate price of pain an sorrow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Different Types Of Marijuana (weed) And Effects On Body / I Have Mouth Odour - Pls Help / 4 Family Members Die Of Food Poisoning In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.