Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer (37056 Views)

Make Your BUSINESS Stand Out! Get AFFORDABLE Websites Done Made With Utmost Care / I Need A Programmer For My Project. / I'm Leaving Nairaland But Not Without A Gift For ALL Programmers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
hahn:

Moral of the story: Jakpa
Hm
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
Guys,

I am in position to advise you well. There is really nothing in abroad when you are brilliant and intelligent. You all will see.

You will still carry that green passport for 5 to 10 years before you change it. See, the embarrassment will still be there until the day you get another passport. It is always a mixed feeling. If you dont care, it will get worse. Even many coming to Nigeria have forgotten about using that green passport despite they have it. I know many who collected Nigerian visa to come to Nigeria. grin

You should jakpa, but remember to lift more or make life better for the ones here. This is my point.
Some how true, people who travel outside the country always say that
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I am leaveling you in peace to have your party here. From experience, I know less than 20% of those desperate will move out. Higher percentage of those who aren't desperate move out more. And then, 15% out of those desperate and who loved out end up not doing good, and frustrated.

Maybe I can pull out data from two nations and show you all, but I think it doesnt worth the effort.

Some felt I was blasting for nothing some of you, well...I know that you are mostly kids. You didnt even experience IBB era. What a pity? You all here have the opportunity to do jobs remotely, and you should at least be grateful, and encourage yourselves. But here you are just saying rubbish. Yet, you arent out of Nigeria yet. Even some who dont have a laptop too will say the same rubbish. You should be thankful to God and OBJ for at least bringing in mobile and GSM. if its this Buhari....hahahaha.... yet, you all are short sighted. When those who knew Buhari of 1983 to 85 were telling you that the man has nothing to offer, the exact behavior of not listening to godly advice was waht you pushed out. And then, you all want to jakpa. Did you not mostly vote for this man called Buhari?

I am here trying to extract the info and put it in good format so you can get focused, yet many of you still come and quote the rubbish that "jakpa" is the only way out instead of you to focus on doing it....at least get the procedure down...all you are doing is just shouting you must.

Well, the generation of IBB destroyed Nigeria. Anyone from 60 and above is guilty. The worst are 70 above. And those in 80s esp are the real guilty ones. Those people bunch of .....dont know what to call them. Those of them abroad are wasting. How they sleep peacefully at night is beyond me. Selfish people. Cowards. They ran away and left it all in the hands of the likes of IBB, Abacha and Buhari. Some of them as great doctors engineers, scientists, govt advisers etc but they are dying inside with regrets.

So many of their kids are now in 20s to 40s parading Nairaland and just shouting they are Nigerians by blood. I always feel for them. I know the numbers I have encouraged to at least visit. Guess what? What you guys here even scare them more. But it is not as bad as you people portray it. Yes it is bad cos of the level Nigeria should be. Nigeria, Brasil and Malaysia were three nations rated high in the 70s, and the whole world was looking forward to seeing Nigeria to be one of the most powerful nation like the US. Once upon a time our naira is stronger than the dollars. But here we are. Brasil and Malaysia arent doing bad. But Nigeria who should take up the opportunity of becoming a leader of a whole continent is messing up to the extend SOUTH africa who got independence just a few years back is doing way better than us. I know the problems of Nigeria.

You will be miserable like those old f.o.ols now abroad who cannot even attempt to come home but says with their mouth only they are Nigerians. I dont understand how they even have the mouth to tell their kids they are Nigerians. Shame on them. They messed up and even betray their kids. Those kids I just pity them. Still the love of Nigeria is in their hearts. They want to help. They want to know how to assist Nigeria, but reading the craps and how you all put them here is nauseating.

Since you all want to jakpa without planning well or giving back to your society, good for you. You are mostly under 30 and shouting. Life is so ahead of you. OP only mentioned building a tech training center after I bombarded him. Mo matter what you think having a platform of a nation you belong to is something. Go amd research few people who are without any nationality and see their pains. There are people like that. They have o nation to call theirs. But you still have one. And the only thing you c lin say are ad words. Get emotional, but do not curse your nation. The joke is on you. Exactly how those old f.ools behave in those days you are all acting. History repeating itself again amd again.

Goodluck to you all. I am out of here. Do whatever pleases you all.
Kids abroad trying to come back to Nigeria with Nigeria in their heart, I felt that o, but let me tell you sir, it's because they have never been to Nigeria that's why!!

4 Likes

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Fidelismaria: 1:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Since April is good na. My own state has been owning workers for 3 years and doctors for 18 months.

Bro, I feel you write up ooo

I go appreciate am if you fit mentor me for this programming stuff.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2021
seyz91:
You got the thread right except for the part you said "as a programmer"

You mean to other profession leaving naija shouldn't be priority?

undecided

As far as i'm concern! No matter what you do, leaving naija should be your utmost
Is because people with STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) have upper hand to japa, a person with a First class degree in law for example under the social sciences will not have the opportunity to travel abroad because they practice different law, what can they do with his law degree in a country with different law?? Except if he went back and Go to there law school and graduate he will have a chance. And even becoming an academician abroad in a country with different law is difficult, do you Get it?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
Angelawhite:

Keep your advice to yourself. I can see you are very much emotionally attached to your dear motherland. You want us to thank God for what we have. Yes we thank him for the remote jobs. But even the MD of NNPC is still aspiring for greater heights and so are Nigerian youths and programmers in general.

Same reason why doctors are leaving in droves is same reason why most people want to leave. It's a funny that you want us to "give back to the society". We don't owe any society a dime. I paid and worked for everything I have and I don't owe shi-shi to anyone.
grin grin sorry sir you owe at least your family members and they are Nigerians and to the Nigeria society in general including Buhari grin
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Flickzvill(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheOldGods:
coding with laptops is not even expensive.. I do coding in my animations, I use java, my desktop cost me 800k plus just to set up. I did medical laboratory in school, which was a wrong move for me. However,I've corrected it. The best thing is to find a remote contract work that can give a person upto 10million within 12 months, then expand and invest in your own company."like me now, I used some of my money to buy lands, and some I have resolved and made back upto 5million on the sale, I am looking to importing of cars, plus I also opened a studio in Enugu, which is an animation school, I want it to be the biggest motion graphics school in Nigeria". The guy shouting leave Nigeria, forgets that he spend the exact dollars over there and they pay huge tax coupled with very expensive house rent. For example, a burger there cost about 5$ which is 2500 or ,2000 here, but actually a burger here cost 700 naira. Imagine making that money and spending it here. Not everyone that is intelligent has wisdom.
hi I reside in Enugu currently can I meet you?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
PenuelFarms:
It's not necessary to leave Nigeria.
I know young graduate barely finishing NYSC that have got jobs from America and work from their living rooms.
I.T jobs?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by DankemzI(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Oh yes that's why I tell people all the time to learn coding. Infact I have told gerrard59 that when God blesses me the only thing I will do for my homeland is opening a very huge IT centre with a ton of computers for my kinsmen to learn programming. Before I became a programmer I was a mechanic o. I was a mechanic and an auto parts trader with my engineering degree. No job anywhere. I went to volunteer at a mechanic workshop and learnt to fix cars. Left there and went back to ladipo. I was struggling day in day out yet no single Kobo. To even see a 100k in a month was like a huge amount after all expenses were done. It was hell. Even with all the skills I had. I knew digital marketing, how to fix cars yet nothing o. it was a very top guy in the Nigerian tech industry that told me to quit everything I was doing and learn coding. It wasn't easy but everyday I thank God I took that man's advise.

Infact the greatest thing that can lift Nigeria out of poverty now is programming but the greatest hindrance is a laptop and laptops aren't getting cheaper. the laptop I used to learn coding I got it for 75k the same laptop is being sold for at least 140k just in the span of a year.
Hello sir, I'm an interior designer I studied architecture. I'm passionate about aesthetics in buildings, what career advice would you give.
Can I jappa as an interior designer or I switch to coding?
I have 2laptops for CGI & Forex/crypto trading I feel I'm underutilizing the systems please I'm Ernestly expecting your experience advise
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by colizee(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
Bor this message right here is deep, thanks for this.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by SirBunky85(m): 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2021
Karleb:
grin grin

I find the part you said you'd curse any of your generation that wants to come back to Nigeria stark naked and when they land, it will be instant death very funny.

Nigeria is really a lost cause.

I try not to think about this country too much because when I do, I tend to overthink and I no wan die of hypertension.

One particular Ondo state governor has not paid April salary and people still shout that government job is the best.
Abia governor hasn't paid workers for over 20months
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Miyachi: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

We really need to discuss. Bro, relax.

I really feel sad when people like you try to rationalize what the government is doing.
The truth is whatever innovation, idea or business you have, it's only a matter of time before THEY stifle your dreams. Look at Gokada, Opay and a host of others.

I saw a quote somewhere about those who lust for power only depriving others of the very things they enjoy and it's true.
Will you tell me that the head of the CBN doesn't have investments outside Nigeria, but he cries wolf when the average Nigerian tries to buy into securities and investments abroad. It's just sad.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by seyz91(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
Yes i do thanks for that!
Hassanmaye:

Is because people with STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) have upper hand to japa, a person with a First class degree in law for example under the social sciences will not have the opportunity to travel abroad because they practice different law, what can they do with his law degree in a country with different law?? Except if he went back and Go to there law school and graduate he will have a chance. And even becoming an academician abroad in a country with different law is difficult, do you Get it?

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by IbileIfe: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Tech twitter has been on fire this past few days. First was the new startup law being passed that will see the government taking one percent of startup revenue especially fintechs and the second was the closure of accounts belonging to fintech companies like risevest, investbamboo, and trove. This is just 2 months after the crypto ban.

I predicted this will happen a few months back but some people as usual called me a pessimist. Now, this has happened. They came for gokada first citing stupid reasons yet okadas are still in Lagos driving anyhow. They blocked remittances and made it very difficult to receive money. If you work remotely in Nigeria for a foreign company, you can attest to how difficult it is to receive money. I know people who have lost their jobs just because the companies they work for could not figure out how they could pay them in Nigeria then add the epileptic electricity supply and the bad internet.

If you are a programmer, trust me you are amongst the elite. Walai every day I regret not discovering the tech industry earlier. There's a fucking huge demand for programmers outside the shores of Africa. Latin America, Europe, and Asia. A lot of people think japa and will be thinking USA and Canada. Getting a work visa to these countries as a Nigerian living in Nigeria is almost impossible. It has happened for some people but its not the norm and you should not place your hope on it. The USA has a cap on the amount of work visas that go out every year and those visas most times go to OPT candidates (people who have schooled in the US). Canada doesnt have a cap but they prefer permanent residents or citizens to processing a work visa from scratch for an outsider. Australia same thing.

There are other countries that exist that do not have a cap on work visas and are desperately looking for programmers. These countries can be used as a stepping stone to your final dream destination instead of wasting your life in Nigeria looking for a US or Canadian visa. Countries like portugal, spain, brazil, mexico, vietnam, japan, south korea. The list is endless. These are countries desperately looking for programmers and their work visas arent difficult to get. Their governments are even encouraging tech migration to prepare for the next industrial revolution. As a Nigerian you have a serious advantage getting there. You speak English. English is the unofficial defacto language of the IT industry. If you go on linkedin and search tech jobs in this countries, you would find out that one of the requirements for most of these jobs is professional english proficiency. Their citizens dont have it and a few who have it are headhunted to countries like the US and Canada leaving a huge gap for skilled third worlders like Nigerians to take advantage of. A japanese programmer who speaks english really well can get into the USA easily. Japan has a visa waiver program with the USA and is one of the few countries that shares a working holiday visa with the US. Brazil has one with germany. Uruguay has with sweden. These are countries you should target because their own people are leaving presenting a very huge gap. Once you can get into these countries, leaving to your dream destination isnt too difficult and even if you dont want to leave, these countries have a lot of opportunities for you to build your own tech business. Their governments are very progressive. Their people arent poor or getting poorer and are very open to using technology. Theres another way of getting to the US via L1 company transfer but how many american tech companies exist in Nigeria and whats the size of the engineering team? These countries have as much 2000 to 3000 size engineering teams. You can move there, switch jobs to an american company and request for an L1 company transfer. The possibilities are limitless.

I myself started testing this theory out and I have gotten ten interviews from companies in Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Vietnam, and Chile. I am in the mid way of 3 and I really hope one goes through as I want to leave the zoo fast.

You might say stay in Nigeria and start a tech business. Well with what the government is doing to startups and the purchasing power of Nigerians reducing everyday, I dont know how that would be viable. NIgeria is so bad to the point that to eat food is a problem. Growing up, Nigeria was never at a level where food will be a problem. Festival periods and we would have food from all our neighbours even the poorest. Now thas not done and the worst is yet to come.

You can say stay in Nigeria and continue remote. Trust me remote work is sweet in your 20s but a sponsorship job is better as you would be provided insurance for, pension plans and all of that which remote work wont give you and remote jobs arent stable especially with small companies. You can lose them anytime and you need to start looking again. Its not bad in your 20s but will you be doing this at 40 and above. Will you be applying to remote jobs at 50 when your mates who migrated are CTOs for fortune 500 companies earning millions of dollars every year while you are looking for scraps in remote.

Make haste o.

THERE IS NO CRYPTO BAN in Nigeria.
You can be in Nigeria and network and work globally.
Fintech Industry is booming in Nigeria.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by drealcivilceno(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I am not saying boys and girls should not move out...infact, I am moving out too again also cos I have done my best too in the little ways God sent me. However, I do not appreciate the way OP is doing it.

He is going to be a secondary citizen where he is going. Well, who cares about that? But the issue is that he has relatives here. So? What about that?

Anyone who talks like OP has the tendency to just leave, forget about Nigeria, even abandon everything including his friends.

With that kind of style, they always return only when they want to contest for political positions. Though, they tell you they will not, but trust me ...they will.

And if care is not taking, there are jobs he will want or progress he desires that he needs to still look Niaja side. If Naija is destroyed, he wont have such. No matter what and whenever he fills any form, he will forever wrote Nigeria as his place of birth. The reference will be there for the rest of his life. That's it.

So, why cant we be positive in the midst of calamities? I dont pray Nigeria turns to Afghanistan.

So sir, take back your statement. Nigeria will never go beyond redemption. If you understand this negative statement, you will never utter it.

God bless you.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2021
PenuelFarms:
It's not necessary to leave Nigeria.
I know young graduate barely finishing NYSC that have got jobs from America and work from their living rooms.
Go and check there degrees, they did it in first class countries not Nigeria
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2021
RedEnergy:
My current girlfriend is a White American. We love each other so much. Our marriage is my permanent ticket out of this Hell called Nigeria. I can't wait. I definitely won't be in this country by 2023 grin
grin grin
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Litmus:
Just when Nigerians are becoming recognised worldwide as excellent programmers and a computing tech and fintech hub is beginning to take root and bloom in Nigeria, some want to sabotage all that. undecided
Stupid people they hate us to develop
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by tishbite41(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Tech twitter has been on fire this past few days. First was the new startup law being passed that will see the government taking one percent of startup revenue especially fintechs and the second was the closure of accounts belonging to fintech companies like risevest, investbamboo, and trove. This is just 2 months after the crypto ban.

I predicted this will happen a few months back but some people as usual called me a pessimist. Now, this has happened. They came for gokada first citing stupid reasons yet okadas are still in Lagos driving anyhow. They blocked remittances and made it very difficult to receive money. If you work remotely in Nigeria for a foreign company, you can attest to how difficult it is to receive money. I know people who have lost their jobs just because the companies they work for could not figure out how they could pay them in Nigeria then add the epileptic electricity supply and the bad internet.

If you are a programmer, trust me you are amongst the elite. Walai every day I regret not discovering the tech industry earlier. There's a fucking huge demand for programmers outside the shores of Africa. Latin America, Europe, and Asia. A lot of people think japa and will be thinking USA and Canada. Getting a work visa to these countries as a Nigerian living in Nigeria is almost impossible. It has happened for some people but its not the norm and you should not place your hope on it. The USA has a cap on the amount of work visas that go out every year and those visas most times go to OPT candidates (people who have schooled in the US). Canada doesnt have a cap but they prefer permanent residents or citizens to processing a work visa from scratch for an outsider. Australia same thing.

There are other countries that exist that do not have a cap on work visas and are desperately looking for programmers. These countries can be used as a stepping stone to your final dream destination instead of wasting your life in Nigeria looking for a US or Canadian visa. Countries like portugal, spain, brazil, mexico, vietnam, japan, south korea. The list is endless. These are countries desperately looking for programmers and their work visas arent difficult to get. Their governments are even encouraging tech migration to prepare for the next industrial revolution. As a Nigerian you have a serious advantage getting there. You speak English. English is the unofficial defacto language of the IT industry. If you go on linkedin and search tech jobs in this countries, you would find out that one of the requirements for most of these jobs is professional english proficiency. Their citizens dont have it and a few who have it are headhunted to countries like the US and Canada leaving a huge gap for skilled third worlders like Nigerians to take advantage of. A japanese programmer who speaks english really well can get into the USA easily. Japan has a visa waiver program with the USA and is one of the few countries that shares a working holiday visa with the US. Brazil has one with germany. Uruguay has with sweden. These are countries you should target because their own people are leaving presenting a very huge gap. Once you can get into these countries, leaving to your dream destination isnt too difficult and even if you dont want to leave, these countries have a lot of opportunities for you to build your own tech business. Their governments are very progressive. Their people arent poor or getting poorer and are very open to using technology. Theres another way of getting to the US via L1 company transfer but how many american tech companies exist in Nigeria and whats the size of the engineering team? These countries have as much 2000 to 3000 size engineering teams. You can move there, switch jobs to an american company and request for an L1 company transfer. The possibilities are limitless.

I myself started testing this theory out and I have gotten ten interviews from companies in Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Vietnam, and Chile. I am in the mid way of 3 and I really hope one goes through as I want to leave the zoo fast.

You might say stay in Nigeria and start a tech business. Well with what the government is doing to startups and the purchasing power of Nigerians reducing everyday, I dont know how that would be viable. NIgeria is so bad to the point that to eat food is a problem. Growing up, Nigeria was never at a level where food will be a problem. Festival periods and we would have food from all our neighbours even the poorest. Now thas not done and the worst is yet to come.

You can say stay in Nigeria and continue remote. Trust me remote work is sweet in your 20s but a sponsorship job is better as you would be provided insurance for, pension plans and all of that which remote work wont give you and remote jobs arent stable especially with small companies. You can lose them anytime and you need to start looking again. Its not bad in your 20s but will you be doing this at 40 and above. Will you be applying to remote jobs at 50 when your mates who migrated are CTOs for fortune 500 companies earning millions of dollars every year while you are looking for scraps in remote.

Make haste o.
Oga Boss, I greet o

What's the way forward?
I've got a laptop.
What apps should I get so that I can learn how to code.
Thanks.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2021
RedEnergy:
The earlier the youths wake up and realize Nigeria has no future, the better for all of us. The only people enjoying Nigeria are the govt thieves and their cronies that are looting this country's resources. No wahala. You can keep the resources but you can't have me too. The day i step out of this country to the USA or Europe on a legal permanent residency visa, i'm never coming back. C'est la vie Nigeria, the youth killer, the destiny ruiner, the poverty maker and bondage manufacturer. It was never nice knowing you.
Sorry on Nigeria behalf
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by KushLyon(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2021
femijay8271:

Nice one bro but pls where can I start from, I mean I want to learn this web development and I have no idea at all
start with html and css, then move to javascript after that

1 Like

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Forget the masters and learn coding on your own. I will never advise masters in a Nigerian university. It is a waste of time.
what of the Postgraduate Diploma Computer Science. You know I'm Microbiology from BSc. My initial plan was to obtain the Postgraduate Diploma so as to be able to Obtain Masters in Computer, want to use the opportunity while I still have my job to upgrade from Microbiology my worthless first degree so that in next 4 years I'll planning to Obtain PHD at a American University to japa while doing all this, I'll be learning programming, coding and everything I can lay my hands on. I finished with 2:2 BSc Microbiology so no hope of scholarship with Masters in Computer Science I'm thinking that prospect will change

Honestly I was thinking marriage before but this country is totally useless
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by djon78(m): 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:
I am leaveling you in peace to have your party here. From experience, I know less than 20% of those desperate will move out. Higher percentage of those who aren't desperate move out more. And then, 15% out of those desperate and who loved out end up not doing good, and frustrated.

Maybe I can pull out data from two nations and show you all, but I think it doesnt worth the effort.

Some felt I was blasting for nothing some of you, well...I know that you are mostly kids. You didnt even experience IBB era. What a pity? You all here have the opportunity to do jobs remotely, and you should at least be grateful, and encourage yourselves. But here you are just saying rubbish. Yet, you arent out of Nigeria yet. Even some who dont have a laptop too will say the same rubbish. You should be thankful to God and OBJ for at least bringing in mobile and GSM. if its this Buhari....hahahaha.... yet, you all are short sighted. When those who knew Buhari of 1983 to 85 were telling you that the man has nothing to offer, the exact behavior of not listening to godly advice was waht you pushed out. And then, you all want to jakpa. Did you not mostly vote for this man called Buhari?

I am here trying to extract the info and put it in good format so you can get focused, yet many of you still come and quote the rubbish that "jakpa" is the only way out instead of you to focus on doing it....at least get the procedure down...all you are doing is just shouting you must.

Well, the generation of IBB destroyed Nigeria. Anyone from 60 and above is guilty. The worst are 70 above. And those in 80s esp are the real guilty ones. Those people bunch of .....dont know what to call them. Those of them abroad are wasting. How they sleep peacefully at night is beyond me. Selfish people. Cowards. They ran away and left it all in the hands of the likes of IBB, Abacha and Buhari. Some of them as great doctors engineers, scientists, govt advisers etc but they are dying inside with regrets.

So many of their kids are now in 20s to 40s parading Nairaland and just shouting they are Nigerians by blood. I always feel for them. I know the numbers I have encouraged to at least visit. Guess what? What you guys here even scare them more. But it is not as bad as you people portray it. Yes it is bad cos of the level Nigeria should be. Nigeria, Brasil and Malaysia were three nations rated high in the 70s, and the whole world was looking forward to seeing Nigeria to be one of the most powerful nation like the US. Once upon a time our naira is stronger than the dollars. But here we are. Brasil and Malaysia arent doing bad. But Nigeria who should take up the opportunity of becoming a leader of a whole continent is messing up to the extend SOUTH africa who got independence just a few years back is doing way better than us. I know the problems of Nigeria.

You will be miserable like those old f.o.ols now abroad who cannot even attempt to come home but says with their mouth only they are Nigerians. I dont understand how they even have the mouth to tell their kids they are Nigerians. Shame on them. They messed up and even betray their kids. Those kids I just pity them. Still the love of Nigeria is in their hearts. They want to help. They want to know how to assist Nigeria, but reading the craps and how you all put them here is nauseating.

Since you all want to jakpa without planning well or giving back to your society, good for you. You are mostly under 30 and shouting. Life is so ahead of you. OP only mentioned building a tech training center after I bombarded him. Mo matter what you think having a platform of a nation you belong to is something. Go amd research few people who are without any nationality and see their pains. There are people like that. They have o nation to call theirs. But you still have one. And the only thing you c lin say are ad words. Get emotional, but do not curse your nation. The joke is on you. Exactly how those old f.ools behave in those days you are all acting. History repeating itself again amd again.

Goodluck to you all. I am out of here. Do whatever pleases you all.

I don't actually see any regret someone that has American, Canadian, Australian, European passport will have.

They can travel around the world anyway they want.

Many Nigerians i Know with such passports even have properties and home in Ghana
They spend some part of the year in Ghana and the rest around the world

Many of them no send Nigeria again
They rearly come into the country
And this Buhari administration finished everything

The harm this administration did to Nigeria will take a century to turn around

Anybody that has opportunity should better leave
Especially those in there twenties

2 Likes

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Kaybee7000(m): 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros trust me once I leave this country I wilk never come back and I will lay a curse on my generations. Anyone who decides to come back to Africa will die immediately he lands in African country. I shall lay the curse naked. Walai and I also tell my children the same thing. Anyday they return to where I have struggled to escape from they will die.

There's really no job in Nigeria I can come for. Maybe before I became a programmer you can say so. But all the money I make from programming it's white men. Infact my present skillset and how good I am now was my boss that took me under his mentorship and taught me so much. He's a white man. I have brought In two young Nigerians both juniors into the same company and he's also all teaching us. The same people were rejected by companies in Nigeria but na oyinbo man still come give them chance. Through his mentorship I have gone to work on projects that are used by billion dollar companies. Billion with a b o. As for political position, you can forget it. I will never ever contest to Be a politician in the zoo. I never even did my nysc after graduation so that disqualifies me and I don't give a Bleep.

There's really nothing Nigeria has given me I can say yes thank God I am a Nigerian. My university education wasn't even in Nigeria. As for working in Nigeria. I have only worked with a Nigerian company for two months and that was it the rest of my work has been with companies based abroad.

Secondary Citizen lol maybe for other professions not for programmers O. You don't know what is going on now. The tech industry is basically an employee's market now. This other countries I am talking about. Their salaries might not be USA level but they are ten times higher than Nigeria. I won't pay rent. Food will be given to me. This was stated explicitly at the interviews I have done so basically my salary will just be a pocket money. You can feel the desperation in their eyes even during interviews.

As for my family I really wish them well. The only thing I will do is build a house in Ghana for my mom and dad to stay in and bring my sister over immediately she graduates but as for Nigeria once I am done that's it. Even if I come to Africa to visit I will go to another African country and then the person who wants to see me will come there.

How can we add on on social media abeg or how can I reach u?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
ShedrachU:
Firstly, you are stup!d for calling an innocent country a zoo. (When you know, humans even you is the problem the earth faceā€”our leaders and politicians are humans).

Secondly, you are a weakling if you can face and stand a business policy. 1% and you ignorantly, blatantly and in a bias sense wrote this epistle forgetting that you gonna pay tax in all those countries you mentioned. Do you know that most FinTech companies in Nigeria don't pay tax?

Thirdly, living is not a bed of rose, nor is Nigeria the worse place to do develop a FinTech company, if it is, Flutterwawe wouldn't have been where they are today.

Nigeria is a free place where you do what you want, yet una go complain say no law, now a law is passed, still una go still complain.

Humans cannot be pleased.
Even though what you say hit me but is the bitter truth. Nigeria is free country that you don't pay tax
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Misterdhee1(m): 2:10pm On Aug 19, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I am not saying boys and girls should not move out...infact, I am moving out too again also cos I have done my best too in the little ways God sent me. However, I do not appreciate the way OP is doing it.

He is going to be a secondary citizen where he is going. Well, who cares about that? But the issue is that he has relatives here. So? What about that?

Anyone who talks like OP has the tendency to just leave, forget about Nigeria, even abandon everything including his friends.

With that kind of style, they always return only when they want to contest for political positions. Though, they tell you they will not, but trust me ...they will.

And if care is not taking, there are jobs he will want or progress he desires that he needs to still look Niaja side. If Naija is destroyed, he wont have such. No matter what and whenever he fills any form, he will forever wrote Nigeria as his place of birth. The reference will be there for the rest of his life. That's it.

So, why cant we be positive in the midst of calamities? I dont pray Nigeria turns to Afghanistan.

So sir, take back your statement. Nigeria will never go beyond redemption. If you understand this negative statement, you will never utter it.

God bless you. Many of these guys are still living in their heads. When reality speaks, they will understand that whatever happens to Nigeria in one way or the other affects them irrespective of where they are.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Misterdhee1(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Bros trust me once I leave this country I wilk never come back and I will lay a curse on my generations. Anyone who decides to come back to Africa will die immediately he lands in African country. I shall lay the curse naked. Walai and I also tell my children the same thing. Anyday they return to where I have struggled to escape from they will die.

There's really no job in Nigeria I can come for. Maybe before I became a programmer you can say so. But all the money I make from programming it's white men. Infact my present skillset and how good I am now was my boss that took me under his mentorship and taught me so much. He's a white man. I have brought In two young Nigerians both juniors into the same company and he's also all teaching us. The same people were rejected by companies in Nigeria but na oyinbo man still come give them chance. Through his mentorship I have gone to work on projects that are used by billion dollar companies. Billion with a b o. As for political position, you can forget it. I will never ever contest to Be a politician in the zoo. I never even did my nysc after graduation so that disqualifies me and I don't give a Bleep.

There's really nothing Nigeria has given me I can say yes thank God I am a Nigerian. My university education wasn't even in Nigeria. As for working in Nigeria. I have only worked with a Nigerian company for two months and that was it the rest of my work has been with companies based abroad.

Secondary Citizen lol maybe for other professions not for programmers O. You don't know what is going on now. The tech industry is basically an employee's market now. This other countries I am talking about. Their salaries might not be USA level but they are ten times higher than Nigeria. I won't pay rent. Food will be given to me. This was stated explicitly at the interviews I have done so basically my salary will just be a pocket money. You can feel the desperation in their eyes even during interviews.

As for my family I really wish them well. The only thing I will do is build a house in Ghana for my mom and dad to stay in and bring my sister over immediately she graduates but as for Nigeria once I am done that's it. Even if I come to Africa to visit I will go to another African country and then the person who wants to see me will come there.
LOL, you're still in Nigeria. Don't worry, when you finally relocate, you'll understand how childish and ignorant this comment of yours was. For now, keep basking in illusion grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 2:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheOldGods:
coding with laptops is not even expensive.. I do coding in my animations, I use java, my desktop cost me 800k plus just to set up. I did medical laboratory in school, which was a wrong move for me. However,I've corrected it. The best thing is to find a remote contract work that can give a person upto 10million within 12 months, then expand and invest in your own company."like me now, I used some of my money to buy lands, and some I have resolved and made back upto 5million on the sale, I am looking to importing of cars, plus I also opened a studio in Enugu, which is an animation school, I want it to be the biggest motion graphics school in Nigeria". The guy shouting leave Nigeria, forgets that he spend the exact dollars over there and they pay huge tax coupled with very expensive house rent. For example, a burger there cost about 5$ which is 2500 or ,2000 here, but actually a burger here cost 700 naira. Imagine making that money and spending it here. Not everyone that is intelligent has wisdom.
Wow, when open your school consider opening weekend part time for some us that want t
Learn some I.T skills even though we are working some where.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Bossman(m): 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
Some valid points are made here regarding working remotely, for the same high salary, with relatively cheaper cost of living. However, we need to remember that constant power supply and uninterrupted (and very good) internet connection are the key to making that work. As a software guy myself, I have visited Nigeria and have tried to do a bit of remote work on some occasions. It's usually not a very pleasant experience, due to the not so reliable internet connection.

Cousin9999:
I was going to pick your comment apart, but you made a lot of valid points.

That said, generally speaking, you would have to be a fool to actually leave the shores of Africa as coder. Here's why:

- Coders can be based anywhere, and continental immigration has less bureaucracy. Why waste money and effort on the immigration process?

- The average COL for an African city is modest. Why turn down living among your own people in a good city while earning a western salary, or better yet, passively earning from a project you did years ago?

- There are plenty of African nations with little drama and good infrastructure. Why go to some Asian or eastern European toilet, when you have all the resources you need at home?

The only good reason to go abroad is for the specific experience and training that you get working in-house at a large multinational. But 2-4 years is plenty of time to do it. After that, you're just making them rich, getting crumbs, and living an undesirable lifestyle. Contracting as well as doing your own projects would be infinitely better. And the money you earn will have you living like royalty in Africa.

I'm just trying to imagine why someone would rather be in Poland or Vietnam working long hours and stressing about bills while dealing with racism instead of: working when they want to work, collecting passive income, living in a large luxury condo, taking care of family financially, spending most of their time with family or traveling, saving a lot of money, investing, and more. The only exception would be a C-suite job with a very high salary. Other than that, what makes it worth it?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Ayo081(m): 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2021
TJoshy:
I studied Microbiology in my BSc. I work at an FMCG company as a Quality Assurance. I'm planning now to do a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science and thereafter I'll do MSc Computer Science at Unilag during this time I'll be learning hard-core programming, I'm 30. I hope it's a good plan.

Just learn how to code. You don't need a degree.
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 2:29pm On Aug 19, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Forget the masters and learn coding on your own. I will never advise masters in a Nigerian university. It is a waste of time.
Haha even in professional courses?
Re: Why Leaving Nigeria Must Be Your Utmost Priority As A Programmer by Hassanmaye(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2021
TheOldGods:
you start with a 100k own. I started animation with a laptop that has 4gb ram old corei5 and 2gb Nvidia 820m which is nonsense. It takes me hours and hours to just preview 1 mins of animation, it made me run mad, but that same laptop made me my first 1million in 3 months. It's all about setting yourself
Is it with Animation you Get that kind of money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Project Topics Tips For Computer Science Undergraduates / How To Download Any Udemy Course For Free / Top Earners in the Nigerian Software Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.