Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (63482 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / Car Travelling From Rivers To Benin Involved In Accident. Conductor Dies(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Coldie(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
H
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by sleek214(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
Why Sunday Igboho no follow these proceedings
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by DoggoneDogg: 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
Maxwell08:
Buying sim in seme is a scam, 3000 cefa while in cotonou its 200-300cefa.
I had fun dou and stayed around jonquet for a week.
Pic:obama beach

You are holding a stingray. If that thing stings you, you'll be dead in 5 minutes & you will experience one of the most agonizing pain on earth before you die.

Why are black Africans so dumb bayi?!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Kaa4(m): 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2021
I visited when I wanted to buy a car over ten years ago (Naira was strong then). I swore never to buy car from that place again when I saw what they took my car through. Remember you are paying their Customs for every car are you purchase there.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by bigtt76(f): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Is that Naira or CFA? undecided

travelwaka:
If you are planning to visit the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this post is for you. It will cover everything you need to know about crossing one of the busiest borders in West Africa.

Requirements For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the following are the requirements:
Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic will have to present their International Passport at the border.

The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you have received a dose of the yellow fever vaccine.

Vaccines To Take Before Visiting Benin Republic
Ensure you take these two vaccines before you visit Benin republic. If you do not, you will have issues with the Port health at the border. When you go for the yellow fever vaccine, ensure you ask them for Meningitis too. They will probably fix another date for that. These are the two basic vaccines you need to take before visiting Benin Republic.

Vaccine Requirement
Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to protect you against yellow fever
Meningitis Vaccines:

The Language
French is the official language. The other languages include Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages.

The Currency
The official currency of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is also known as the West African CFA Franc.

How to Get To the Republic of Benin Through Seme Border
There are different ways to get into Benin from Nigeria
Idi Iroko Border
The Seme Border

The Different Options To get into Benin Republic
1. Flight - Getting a flight to Republic of Benin is often difficult, flights are only available on specific days
2. Boat - This is another option to cross into the country, however this is not well-structured
3. Road - This is the most popular option. more than 90 per cent of the people that travel to Benin use this option. This is why we will only focus on road transportation.

Different Options for Road Transportation
1. International Transportation companies : These are structured transportation companies that move from Lagos to Benin. They are well structured. The transportation cost from Lagos To Benin ranges from 20,000 to[b] 45,000[/b].
2. Charter a car: You can decide to charter a vehicle from Lagos to Benin. The cost ranges from between 70,000 to 150,000 per day. This depends on your location, the type of vehicle etc.
3. Drive all the way: You may decide to drive all the way. Ensure you have the necessary documents like international drivers license and permit.
4. Use public transportation system: this is one of the cheapest form of transportation. You can decide to take public transportation to Badagry, From Badagry to Seme , from Seme border to Cotonou etc.

Cost for Crossing Seme Border
To be sincere I do not know why they do this, but you will be made to pay before your passport is stamped. You pay about 1,000 for already passport passport and between 3,000 to 7,000 for virgin passports. Note: You wont get a receipt for these payment, this means it is definitely not going into the Govt pocket.

Tips when visiting Benin
1. Understand the exchange rate
2. Change Naira to cefa at the border
3. Get a translator app
4. Get a Benin SIM card at the border
5. Get a universal adapter
6. Learn basic vocabulary

Cost of Hotels in Benin
Getting a hotel in Benin is somehow not easy. There are very few hotels in Benin compared to Nigeria. An average 10,000 hotel in Nigeria will be going for between 20,000 to 30,000 in Benin. Hotels are generally expensive - Good hotels starts from between 10,000 to 75,000

Accommodation Options in Benin
1. Hotels
2. Air BnB
3. Short lets
4. Resorts
5. Rent a house (if you plan to stay more than a month.)

Things to Do in Benin
There are so many things to do at Benin Republic

1. Enjoy the diverse street foods
2. Visit the python temple
3. Visit the Benin slave route
4. Visit the Casa Del Papa Resort
5. Visit the National Park
6. Visit Genvie
7. Attend the Benin Republic cultural festival
8. Visit the beach
9. Do a city Tour
10. Visit the historical buildings in Benin

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/travel-to-benin-republic-from-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by collinsola: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice one
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by porthouse7(f): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
travelwaka:
If you are planning to visit the Republic of Benin from Nigeria, this post is for you. It will cover everything you need to know about crossing one of the busiest borders in West Africa.

Requirements For visiting Benin Republic from Nigeria
For Nigerians planning on visiting Benin Republic, the following are the requirements:
Nigerian Passport: Nigerians visiting Benin Republic will have to present their International Passport at the border.

The Yellow Fever Card: The second requirement is the yellow Fever card. This yellow card is proof that you have received a dose of the yellow fever vaccine.

Vaccines To Take Before Visiting Benin Republic
Ensure you take these two vaccines before you visit Benin republic. If you do not, you will have issues with the Port health at the border. When you go for the yellow fever vaccine, ensure you ask them for Meningitis too. They will probably fix another date for that. These are the two basic vaccines you need to take before visiting Benin Republic.

Vaccine Requirement
Yellow fever vaccine: This vaccine is to protect you against yellow fever
Meningitis Vaccines:

The Language
French is the official language. The other languages include Yoruba, Fon and a Gbe languages.

The Currency
The official currency of the Republic of Benin is Cefa, it is also known as the West African CFA Franc.

How to Get To the Republic of Benin Through Seme Border
There are different ways to get into Benin from Nigeria
Idi Iroko Border
The Seme Border

The Different Options To get into Benin Republic
1. Flight - Getting a flight to Republic of Benin is often difficult, flights are only available on specific days
2. Boat - This is another option to cross into the country, however this is not well-structured
3. Road - This is the most popular option. more than 90 per cent of the people that travel to Benin use this option. This is why we will only focus on road transportation.

Different Options for Road Transportation
1. International Transportation companies : These are structured transportation companies that move from Lagos to Benin. They are well structured. The transportation cost from Lagos To Benin ranges from 20,000 to 45,000.
2. Charter a car: You can decide to charter a vehicle from Lagos to Benin. The cost ranges from between 70,000 to 150,000 per day. This depends on your location, the type of vehicle etc.
3. Drive all the way: You may decide to drive all the way. Ensure you have the necessary documents like international drivers license and permit.
4. Use public transportation system: this is one of the cheapest form of transportation. You can decide to take public transportation to Badagry, From Badagry to Seme , from Seme border to Cotonou etc.

Cost for Crossing Seme Border
To be sincere I do not know why they do this, but you will be made to pay before your passport is stamped. You pay about 1,000 for already passport passport and between 3,000 to 7,000 for virgin passports. Note: You wont get a receipt for these payment, this means it is definitely not going into the Govt pocket.

Tips when visiting Benin
1. Understand the exchange rate
2. Change Naira to cefa at the border
3. Get a translator app
4. Get a Benin SIM card at the border
5. Get a universal adapter
6. Learn basic vocabulary

Cost of Hotels in Benin
Getting a hotel in Benin is somehow not easy. There are very few hotels in Benin compared to Nigeria. An average 10,000 hotel in Nigeria will be going for between 20,000 to 30,000 in Benin. Hotels are generally expensive - Good hotels starts from between 10,000 to 75,000

Accommodation Options in Benin
1. Hotels
2. Air BnB
3. Short lets
4. Resorts
5. Rent a house (if you plan to stay more than a month.)

Things to Do in Benin
There are so many things to do at Benin Republic

1. Enjoy the diverse street foods
2. Visit the python temple
3. Visit the Benin slave route
4. Visit the Casa Del Papa Resort
5. Visit the National Park
6. Visit Genvie
7. Attend the Benin Republic cultural festival
8. Visit the beach
9. Do a city Tour
10. Visit the historical buildings in Benin

Source: https://www.travelwaka.com/travel-to-benin-republic-from-nigeria-all-you-need-to-know/
u are off track as per traveling by road, no luxurious bus travel dat route since pandemic, u are on do shot pick and drop from badagry to seme which is way cheaper, from iyana iba to badagry is 500 then seme is 300 or 400

12 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by alienvirus: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
femijay8271:
Nice one op

This Yellow fever vaccine and Meningitis Vaccine, pls where can I get and how much is it?

International Airport

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by slimfit1(m): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2021
Until Chief Sunday is released I have no reason to go there.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Egypt209: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2021
Op forget about the big big nyansh black Chubby girls that's always prowling around waiting to open honey pot for Nigerians after paying few cefas�

3 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by abimic(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice one travelwaka, but are you the same with the travelwaka that got married this past weekend to my female friend?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by porthouse7(f): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2021
verybadmouth:
Benin Republic. Are you joking?
100% better than present day nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Shigo1390: 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2021
YungMillionaire:
Humble yourself. Remember just over 1% of Nigerians are members of Nairaland.
Deep �

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by femijay8271(m): 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
alienvirus:

International Airport

Ok will I get the results in the same day? Thanks.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Bluebolt: 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
Elidrisy20:
That statue with breast, means Bleep go plenty for there
And anywhere wey bleep plenty, Magun(...bolt)self de borku!

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Danjikanbauchi: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
saphiere:
Who is taking me there?
very serious if you want us to go.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by od501: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
You are wasting your time if you think you will fool us & break Igboho out. The criminal is well secured and tightly chained.

Dead on arrival.

Afonja tourorrist!!

Only if you know how stupid you sound saying all these things.

7 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by dododawa1: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
Forgodsgrace:
Just find your way to Badagry ,then take a cab to Seme.Once you get the seme,make sure you have at least 2k for settlement and crossing .You can as well go by Boat from Mile 2 to Port Norvo(3hrs 30m)
Nigerians metallity, always short cut to everything.
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by yesloaded: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2021
saphiere:
Who is taking me there?

Lemme take you there

All expenses on you

3 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by 77star: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
Forgodsgrace:
Just find your way to Badagry ,then take a cab to Seme.Once you get the seme,make sure you have at least 2k for settlement and crossing .You can as well go by Boat from Mile 2 to Port Norvo(3hrs 30m)
thanks
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by verybadmouth(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
porthouse7:
100% better than present day nigeria
How exactly?
Infrastructure, economy?
What exactly?

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Skipfr(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
I traveled from Mile 2 to Aflao in Ghana with 25k and you are telling me from Lagos to Benin is how much again?

14 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Indispensable85(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
Forgodsgrace:

Me tire to see dis long story for cotonou wey I dey breeze in and out steady. Lol...... I'm sure the OP neva go Benin republic before sef.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by another1: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
Nice
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by mercysamuelson(m): 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2021
This Yellow fever vaccine and Meningitis Vaccine, pls where can I get and how much is it?

Kindly go to Lagos Airport, tell the driver you're going to Port Health. They'll stop you before the gate and you'll be directed to the health building. So easy. Make sure you go with 5k for both card and vaccines. You'll also need 2 colored copy of your International passport data page and be sure to be there so early.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
PrincessBecks:
Nice
Abeg where did you buy your Portuguese nigerian from, i will like to buy one
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by uniquetechng: 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

You are holding a stingray. If that thing stings you, you'll be dead in 5 minutes & you will experience one of the most agonizing pain on earth before you die.

Why are black Africans so dumb bayi?!
Stingray attack on humans are rare, it can never sting in the position the guy is holding it as well.

4 Likes

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by duality(m): 5:29pm On Aug 18, 2021
Na to go buy ride for there. What else?
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by Realmarvel1989(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Gist me about benin girls
Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by mercysamuelson(m): 5:33pm On Aug 18, 2021
I traveled from Mile 2 to Aflao in Ghana with 25k and you are telling me from Lagos to Benin is how much again?

Return ticket if you're going on a Marco polo bus to Ghana is between 35k-40k. You can decide to stay there up to one month and get back on the same bus with your ticket but you will pay to get your passport stamped.

1 Like

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by palsenator(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Juliusmalema:
You don't mean it

Yorubas should be merged to Benin republic

They are same people

Yorubas are one of the major tribes in Benin Republic.... Lord Lugard nah bastard

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic by mercysamuelson(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ok will I get the results in the same day? Thanks.

Yes, same day under 2 hours... Just try to be there as early as possible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua And Andy Ruiz Jr Meet In Saudi Arabia (photos) / NNEWI - The Small Town Of The Super Rich By Forbes Magazine / The Ten Most Notorious Neighbourhoods In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.