Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission (14767 Views)

Bosun Tijani apologises to senators for calling them ‘morons’ in a 2021 tweet / Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission / Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by Flyingngel(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2021
odomanis post:

The political elites you refer to are not the choice of Igbos,they are picked by enemies and imposed on Igbos through the instrumentality of INEC and Judiciary. This is done without shame even when it is so glaring like in the case of current Imo state governor.

My brother, even in my state but the issue I am talking abt is holding them to ransom. If NK knows what he is doing , he shld have use his strong supporter base to galvanised for good leaders buy either holding them to their word during and after election or making sure that he has sentisize in his people abt those greedy politicians that may want to come and deceived the people.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by immortal2: 10:12am On Aug 19, 2021
tomiwakeem:
with this your mentality even if referendum is conducted and you loose you will claim Fulani and British government rigged it.
In Nigeria are different parties not winning elections? Including small parties?
It is called politics.
When pdp where winning presidential elections back to back Fulani were not existing ba? When they started relaxing and another party took over you start making noise about Fulani etc
Sit your ass up and strategize on winning and stop making lazy assertions .

If you have ever listen to Professor Banji Akintoye and the NINAS guys, you wont be this ignorant.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by RZArecta(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2021
Flyingngel:
[s]Two fools.in as much as I sympathize with Igbos over their political maltreatment; I think holding their political elites responsible shld have been the first step to making the South-east a destination of choice few years from now[/s].
stop contradicting yourself. This move right now is a part of holding their political elite responsible. What have your own people done ?
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by lonecatt(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2021
Maobichek:

Good morning, of a truth, I don't know if you actually wish Igbos well because Abaribe that has always stood by Abia and Igbo is still in your bad book now T A Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu went the other way and you are still unhappy.

Both TA Orji and Orji Uzor Kalu knows that in a free and fair election that Abians will not vote for them so they are doing the bidding of their masters irrespective of their party affiliation and being former governors.

Orji Uzor Kalu tried to impose his brother on Aba North/South House of Rep but Aba resisted him. In a free and election devoid of intimidation and harassment both Orjis will not win any election in Abia state, thank you.
bros I am full blown Igbo man, I am pissed off because my people do not partake in elections and that mindset will not change anytime soon.
We only know how to wail and complain but we are not willing to do the proper thing.

We will continue to have people like t.a orji and orji kalu representing us while we continue to blame Fulani.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by Flyingngel(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2021
RZArecta postl:

stop contradicting yourself. This move right now is a part of holding their political elite responsible. What have your own people done ?

How am in contradicting mysel? Was the post about my state representative?
Did they mention my Senators? Shld I have commented on my Senators instead of what the thread is saying?
Have you ever comment on thread of another State?
Why is it that anytime somebody comment abt any representative of any IGBO state, some of you will attack the person instead of the message?
Don't quote me again because I didn't insult anybody in that my comment.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by tomiwakeem: 11:22am On Aug 19, 2021
immortal2:

If you have ever listen to Professor Banji Akintoye and the NINAS guys, you wont be this ignorant.
So what is holding them? I guess the irresponsible senators like orji and t.a whom you allow to represent you.
Without responsible representatives in that chamber NINAS will not achieve their goal .
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by sukar886: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2021
Father and son
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by Maobichek: 11:55am On Aug 19, 2021
lonecatt:
bros I am full blown Igbo man, I am pissed off because my people do not partake in elections and that mindset will not change anytime soon.
We only know how to wail and complain but we are not willing to do the proper thing.

We will continue to have people like t.a orji and orji kalu representing us while we continue to blame Fulani.

I'm not in support of those who accuse Fulanis okay but if I may ask you: Do you know how Orji Uzor Kalu became a senator? Ohuabunwa did absolutely well but everything was overturned with violence and harassment. Orji Uzor Kalu has contested for this senate position on different occasions but lost. You can accuse Igbos of not participating in electoral processes but Orji Uzor Kalu deployed everything just to be there and he tried it again for his brother but failed woefully.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by dettolgel: 12:06pm On Aug 19, 2021
Flyingngel:
dettolgel post:

Can you point out where I attacked you in my post?

Secondly, I raised a silent point about the actions and inactions of FGN, state and local government and you didn't counter my point rather you chose to be petty.

Woo bros do you make I do me. If you have solid arguments put it down I am not the type that shy away from well thought out arguments.

I was not actually generalising like you said but rather saying that if Nandi Kanu and other were able to hold the Governor's, Senators, Reps, local Chairman, councillors and other political appointees to their responsibilities, believe me it is the North that would have been begging that an IGBO person shld become President but Ina situation where for example the ABIA state governor is not performing upto to expectations is something else and NK that shld have galvanised ABIANS to hold that man refuses to do that. It leaves much to be desire. Note it is the same thing I tell people in my state .

I understand your points but this is not Igbo or SE problem. You sounded as if it is only the Igbos that are not holding their politicians accountable. Given all the rot in the different zones how many politicians have the SW recalled or the North recalled despite the kidnappings and insecurity prevalent up there?

Why did you have to tie it to just Igbos?

In my opinion that was mischievous because some people will latch on it and before you know it the conversation will descent into name calling and bashing.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by dettolgel: 12:28pm On Aug 19, 2021
Kuginzi:

I am referring to you in particular, what do you think is the solution to the problem of the Southeast? Igbo president or Biafra Nation?

In my opinion neither will solve Nigeria problem.

The problem with Nigeria is cultural and grassroot.

One we need a total reorientation and reeducation of the masses. The masses need to understand that the problem is strictly between the haves and the have not.

That an average politicians do not have our interest at heart. That questioning and demanding for our rights is not an affront to our elders/politicians as our culture made it seem.

That disagreeing with our politicians does not mean we are betraying our own. That holding them even our own sons accountable is the only way to realize the country of our dreams in a multi cultural and multi ethnic entity like ours.

As soon as they understand that they can easily band together ask for change stand by it and get it done we all will be better for it. But as long as we chose clannish and ethnic politics, holding on to old traditions that relegate equality, fairness and justice we will never progress as a nation, neither within Nigeria nor within any fragmented sovereign nations borne out Nigeria.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by lonecatt(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
Maobichek:

I'm not in support of those who accuse Fulanis okay but if I may ask you: Do you know how Orji Uzor Kalu became a senator? Ohuabunwa did absolutely well but everything was overturned with violence and harassment. Orji Uzor Kalu has contested for this senate position on different occasions but lost. You can accuse Igbos of not participating in electoral processes but Orji Uzor Kalu deployed everything just to be there and he tried it again for his brother but failed woefully.

bros politicians like orji kalu are thriving because they understand the weakness of the people regards election,our people are too comfortable and will not waste their time going to que up to vote.
How many people even know about senate and house of rep elections?
They are only aware of governorship election which many don't even partake.

Many people don't even know the electoral process that produces a senator or house of rep and don't know when the votes take place. The politicians are aware of this ignorance on the part of the people then explore.

Orji kalu couldn't win aba north for his brother because for the first time the ngwa people have become more political conscious and decided that no non indigene without merit will be allowed to represent them, so they came out enmass to reject orji kalu's brother at the polls. This explains what I have been saying that the people have a major role to play in deciding who leads or represent them.

1 Like

Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by amliftedhigher: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by D1official: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2021
Flyingngel:
Two fools.in as much as I sympathize with Igbos over their political maltreatment; I think holding their political elites responsible shld have been the first step to making the South-east a destination of choice few years from now.

Is Osun state better than any south eastern states? And has your people held the looters responsible?...

If 50% of Nigerians are like igbos we wouldn't be here today
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by Kuginzi: 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2021
dettolgel:

In my opinion neither will solve Nigeria problem.

The problem with Nigeria is cultural and grassroot.

One we need a total reorientation and reeducation of the masses. The masses need to understand that the problem is strictly between the have and the have not.

That an average politicians do not have our interest at heart. That questioning and demanding for our rights is not an affront to our elders/politicians as our culture meant it seem.

That disagreeing with our politicians does not mean we are betraying our own. That holding them even our own sons accountable is the only way to realize the country of our dreams in a multi cultural and multi ethnic entity like ours.

As soon as they understand that they can easily band together ask for change stand by it and get it done we all be better for it. But as long as we chose clannish and ethnic politics, holding on to old traditions that relegate equality, fairness and justice will never progress as a nation, neither within Nigeria nor within any fragmented sovereign nations borne out Nigeria.

Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by tomiwakeem: 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2021
immortal2:

you are the ignorant one here.
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by kelly72: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2021
For those of you running your mouths here I ask, how did the senators from the Southwest vote on this matter? Is there no network in their villages like Kalu's village?
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by FriendsAndFans(m): 6:46pm On Aug 19, 2021
Electronic transmission of votes doesn't mean you will vote through phone
Re: Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission by FriendsAndFans(m): 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2021
D1official:

Is Osun state better than any south eastern states? And has your people held the looters responsible?...
If 50% of Nigerians are like igbos we wouldn't be here today

You are delusional

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP: Wike, Ayu In Cold War / Ebonyi Assembly Declares Seats Of Three PDP Members' Seats Vacant / Atiku Meets EU Ambassadors In Abuja (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.