Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Your 'Euroclydon' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your 'Euroclydon' (251 Views)

EUROCLYDON: The Story Of A Voyage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your 'Euroclydon' by Btruth: 6:42am On Aug 19, 2021
Your ‘Euroclydon’

Thu, 19 Aug 2021

‘A tempestuous head wind arose, called Euroclydon.’ Acts 27:14

The ship Paul was sailing on to Rome was wrecked by a storm named Euroclydon, meaning typhoon, tempest or cyclone. Here are some valuable lessons we can learn from his experience.

(1) God can make a bad situation work for your good. Because of this shipwreck, Paul ended up on Malta, where the people heard the Gospel for the first time. Plus, when he and his followers ‘departed, they provided such things as were necessary.’ (Acts 28:10 NKJV) Sometimes your problem can provide a platform for God to work in ways that’ll amaze you. Your future isn’t, nor ever will be, in the hands of people. It’s in God’s hands, and what He owns He protects and provides for.

(2) To reach your God-ordained destination you’ll have to sail through storms. Paul said, ‘All hope that we would be saved was finally given up.’ (Acts 27:20 NKJV) There’ll be days when you wonder how you’re going to make it, but by God’s grace you will (see Psalm 37:34).

(3) Storms reveal how well you know the Lord. Paul said, ‘Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me and said, “Do not be afraid, Paul.”’ (Acts 27:23–24 NIV) In hard times you discover the strength of your connection to God.

(4) He can bring success from what looks like failure. Notice two particular things in this story: (a) You may have to throw some things overboard to reach your destination (see v. 18). (b) Despite your best efforts, occasionally you’ll run aground (see v. 26). That’s when you must remember what God promised you—and stand on it (see v. 25).
Re: Your 'Euroclydon' by Eviana(f): 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2021
B truth:
Your ‘Euroclydon’

Thu, 19 Aug 2021

‘A tempestuous head wind arose, called Euroclydon.’ Acts 27:14

The ship Paul was sailing on to Rome was wrecked by a storm named Euroclydon, meaning typhoon, tempest or cyclone. Here are some valuable lessons we can learn from his experience.

(1) God can make a bad situation work for your good. Because of this shipwreck, Paul ended up on Malta, where the people heard the Gospel for the first time. Plus, when he and his followers ‘departed, they provided such things as were necessary.’ (Acts 28:10 NKJV) Sometimes your problem can provide a platform for God to work in ways that’ll amaze you. Your future isn’t, nor ever will be, in the hands of people. It’s in God’s hands, and what He owns He protects and provides for.

(2) To reach your God-ordained destination you’ll have to sail through storms. Paul said, ‘All hope that we would be saved was finally given up.’ (Acts 27:20 NKJV) There’ll be days when you wonder how you’re going to make it, but by God’s grace you will (see Psalm 37:34).

(3) Storms reveal how well you know the Lord. Paul said, ‘Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me and said, “Do not be afraid, Paul.”’ (Acts 27:23–24 NIV) In hard times you discover the strength of your connection to God.

(4) He can bring success from what looks like failure. Notice two particular things in this story: (a) You may have to throw some things overboard to reach your destination (see v. 18). (b) Despite your best efforts, occasionally you’ll run aground (see v. 26). That’s when you must remember what God promised you—and stand on it (see v. 25).

(1) (Reply)

10 Things Jws Don't Know About Their Own Religion / Does John 15:13 Really Talks About The Greatest Love? (part 2) / My Herbs For Stroke Is Very Effective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.