Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! (63100 Views)

Many Christians Are Bearing The Names Of Murderers / “you Are Irresponsible If You Are Not Married At 35” — G.O / Bola Ajibola: 'After Fasting For 7 Days, All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by rowland545(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2021
WeNoGoDie:

This here should be your pride and you want to make it look like a thing for perverts to ridicule.
how does being single at 35 become a thing of pride?

Op come and see one of the committe members that r frustrating your life
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by CoolAmbience(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:
Brought up by Deeperlifer, graduated as a biochemist, with the indoctrination of the church, waiting for the marriage committee to sanction a relationship even when am yet to speak to the lady in question understandably because I dont wanna go against church rules... my fear is, its unheard of!! No relationship at 35 and isn't this ABNORMAL

I was born into a Deeper Life family decades ago.

My siblings and I didn't even wait to turn adults, before divorcing the Church and its strange doctrines, and started leading normal, sensible lives.

Then, you couldn't own or watch television, but could watch Kumuyi via 'satellite' during Easter and Christmas retreats. You no fit wear jeans...even if na canvass you wear, na plain trouser you must take nack am.

At 35, look at the nonsense (no vex abeg) you are talking? Do you still live with your parents? Dem take rope tie you for the Church?

At less than 20, and before even my first year at College, I don waka leave the Church. The wickedness of members of the Church sef dey second to none. Everything about them is strange.

At a time in Warri, women who attended the Church couldn't board okada. If you did and someone saw you, you'd be punished.

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by offset67(m): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:
Brought up by Deeperlifer, graduated as a biochemist, with the indoctrination of the church, waiting for the marriage committee to sanction a relationship even when am yet to speak to the lady in question understandably because I dont wanna go against church rules... my fear is, its unheard of!! No relationship at 35 and isn't this ABNORMAL
you be mumu aswearugad
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Get a life! He spoke his truth.... na the same church doctrines and traditions wey dey cause you wan throw am under Bus na him him dey talk about. undecided

I do have one actually and a happy contented one at that. He sounds like the one who really needs to get a life.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Bornboy4: 7:39am On Aug 20, 2021
Saved you from HIV/AIDS threat.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by wellmax(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. The church itself is built on the doctrines and traditions of your pastor. Your very lives are steeped in those doctrines and those of you who attend church are blind followers of your pastors doctrines which are not the New Covenant teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

2. The Op is no different from the rest of you who believe and follow every word breathed from the mouth of your pastors and his various mogs. undecided

So, before you preach at the Op, remove the huge log in your own eyes so you can clearly see that you both follow the same path, only he has run up against a wall on his way to the same destination and in the same direction which you are all headed together in. undecided

Fallacy. Hope had a problem outsourcing his life to a church. That is not what the church teaches. He has himself to blame.

The doctrines you spoke about, do you even know then at all. Aren't they biblical doctrines? Except you do not know what you speak of.

I believe all my pastor teaches as a man of God. His sermon notes are made available in the public sphere, every sentence backed up with the relevant bible verse. Every week he gives opportunity for members to ask questions. If any body gets it wrong, it is those who have never been there but stay outside and make conclusions and form an opinion on what they know little or nothing about.

Back to op, he's just a church goer, parent follower that does not understand God or the church he worships at. At 35 that's a very big shame on him.

That is if the story is true, because it's not uncommon for folks here to throw up names of popular pastor and politicians just to catch cruise.

I rest my case, you are free to believe whatever you want. The church of God is marching on, and the gates of hell cannot prevail.

With the multitude that throng the church and follow it's teaching worldwide, ops comment is just one of those who's parent have so failed in making them see for themselves why they attend a particular church. He has not discovered himself.

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by NamelessOGBENI(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2021
ikenna44:
So many people are on this table... You won't believe it

Here am I but....
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by mechanics(m): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2021
Kandeed:

Well ion want it to seem as tho I'm talking against the Church but if at this age and time ur still following Deeper life's marriage committee doctrine then ur making a big mistake. as far as I'm concerned the committee has been giving lotta members problem and Pst Kumuyi said he'll scrap it if it continues to cause problem and division in the church but the truth is, their system can't change. well to me the marriage committee makes you understand ur wife after the marriage which normally you're supposed to know ur partner very well bfr the marriage which is why a deeper life 2months wedding will sometimes look like a 20years old marriage
hmmmmmm.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by mechanics(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2021
Nothing stops you from knowing your wife to be, if they ask you, tell them, I told them during mine, and the marriage still went on, just be wise.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Tickles001(m): 8:10am On Aug 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. I didn't say anything about romantic relationships either as that choice is left to individuals by God as well. The only guide given us by God is Jesus Christ, God's very own New Covenant Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

Every other doctrine that attempts to add to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ are lies that deceive people away from doing exactly as God commands of them , rendering their worship of God meaningless and God's power of no effect in their lives. These lies opens them up to be deceived as used by the enemy instead. . undecided

2. His faith has been in church doctrines and traditions and not in living in continual submission and obedience to the direct teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ and so it has been in vain - Jesus Christ decreed it so in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

3. Wrong, by inserting the ruling of men between God's Law and individuals, God's Word of violated and so sin is committed. It is against God for any man or committe of men to insert themselves between God and his own. undecided

1. Going by the context of what op said. One can deduce he's after a romantic that will ultimately turn relationship. That's not what God wants.
He can't say there is no female he talks with in his neighborhood, or female church members that call him brother and likes being around him. Of course, there is. And he might even be good friends with a few.

They didn't add or remove anything from the teachings of the bible. They never told him the rule is in the bible. It's just a guiding rule separate on its own, to help people follow the path of holiness. Which is what God wants us to do.
Okay, do you know it's possible that the op would have had an insanely high immorality score at his age if not for the rule.

2. No. His faith is not in doctrine and traditions, but in God. He wouldn't even be in the church in the first place, and won't observe those rules if not that he's trying to obey him maker.
It was his faith in Him that brought and kept him in church for 35yrs. If not he would have left long ago because the church won't do anything.

As for the verse you quoted. Christ was talking about traditions of men that has almost no bearing with God's will. It's not in the same category with the one the op talks of.

3. Again, they didn't insert anything to God's commandment. God said we shouldn't engage in unholy affair with the opposite sex, and their rule said the man should not get the chance of getting involved in such affair. For the fear that he might fall into sin.
How does this two rules conflict again?

It just seems like the op is not enjoying what he's got. Maybe the desire to feel among and join the crowd is slowly getting at him cry
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Euegene100001: 8:19am On Aug 20, 2021
Deeper life loves biochemistry they full my department that year and very funny set of people if u sit down with them for exam and u nr read sorry Na ur case f sure for u be that as dey always cover their work on a stead

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by mrsteel: 8:28am On Aug 20, 2021
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Rubbiish(m): 8:30am On Aug 20, 2021
frozen70:

Your religious background and upbringing was to model you as you grow and not to decide for you on how to live your life as a full grown man

What if you see a woman you loves deeply and she doesn't want to go to Deeper life church with you and ask you to choose another church both of you will be identified with

What will you do

Move on, you already have the fear of God in you

Change environment and mix up you will see the difference
So what does the bold means now? sad
How woman should now be making decisions for op?
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by ogbu80(m): 8:35am On Aug 20, 2021
Ishilove:
You want the church to sanction a relationship that is still in your imagination?

You are almost 40. Please let your foolishness end before you are 40 so it doesn't become permanent.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Alaganature09(m): 8:44am On Aug 20, 2021
A lot of things dey happen oooo at 35 you can't decide on your own ..this church rules as really dealt with a lot of people thank God say I be bad sharp guy.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Okorofirstlady: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2021
That's what happens when you allow religious cults that believe they have the monopoly of salvation to control your life.

Since I broke free from JWs indoctrination and married a non-jw and stopped letting them into my life...my life did a 360 turnaround.

Better take back your life now before it's too late. Depression and suicide is real o.

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by FemmyOlu77: 8:59am On Aug 20, 2021
Too bad. Why not consider changing church. It won't be cool with your deeperlifer parents, relocating will be advisable here as the first step to getting free from this bondage.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by BinamRex: 9:07am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:

A foolish 35-year-old. Why can't you leave the church?
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by citadels(f): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2021
Christ have redeemed you and I why allowing doctrine of men control you. My dear Jesus Christ is my standard for Christianity not religious denomination. I attend watchman but I'm not bound by their doctrine. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by zivility: 9:27am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:

Stop worshiping church! Stop worshiping religious book! Know that they r just trying to convey The Message of God to you. Find The Message.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by kingPhidel(m): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2021
...when some people are in 3 stable relationships some are yet to get even one with problem of urgent 2k. I’m going to Afghanistan kawai
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:
Abnormal by whose standard This one is still living, tryna please people
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by austynbch(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2021
festacman:
This is one big downside of being an obedient church boy. But the truth is that the Bible said "who findeth a wife" and NOT "who committee recommendeth a wife". So, you may need to go Talibanistic and take over your KABUL boldly and apologize to 'whom it may concern' later.

God bless you brother.
Burst my brain brother grin
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Darevofpeace(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:

Must you stay in the Church.......Deeper life as a church has a burden like denominational doctrines.
So many of their ladies marries so late or die single.
If you refused to marry from the Church as a sister,you must go for court Marriage.
How will my own Deeper life Church Pastor keeps praying for 3yrs for God to confirm the lady I personally brought to him?
Will he stay with us in the Marriage.
I have them as friends,so many are quitting the Church.
Jesus Christ died to save and redeem us from sin and follow his teachings in the Bible.
....is this message not simple enough?
Why are they watching Television now since the whole World left them behind?
You tag a T.V the devil's box.Una never ready.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Rhymeyjohn: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2021
Lovine:
Which marriage committee approved Kumuyi's marriage less than 6 months his wife died. He was in love with his Secretary in UK even before the death of his wife...smh
You are telling such blatant lie, just to proof which point?

Lieing against God's servant or any body is great evil
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by LofP(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2021
I will make this statement as short as possible. Deeperlife Bible Church is wrong. And you are wrong to follow them.

Did Jesus ever serve as a relationship counselor?

No.

The only thing mentioned in the Bible is "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers".
The Church's stance on marriage committees is wrong.

People are subject to churches because we are encouraged to be submissive to authority, but watch and see that the impact of the church isn't felt in the community and their actions are frustrating to say the least.

People who should make your life easier turn out to be the same people who will frustrate you. Little wonder, we have more churches but less holiness in the society.

The duty of the church is to join those willing to marry together if they choose, and not to adjudicate over relationships.

If they choose to sanction you for being independent, just know that God has delivered you from the bondage of charismatic witchcraft. In the sense that they seem to be doing what is right, but rather they have turned into Pharisees who place strange burdens of wickedness on people, while insisting that it is their doctrine.

Doctrine without growth and the direction of the spirit of God is akin to living by the levitical laws.

I counsel you to listen to a message on YouTube, by Professor Iyke Nathan Uzorma. It is titled "Consciousness in a state of becoming".

Pray and let God lead you. Marriage is between 2 adults and not 3 people.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by WeNoGoDie(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2021
rowland545:
how does being single at 35 become a thing of pride?

Op come and see one of the committe members that r frustrating your life

Not the being single part but the ability to maintain celibacy.
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by eteba(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2021
Did they tie ur leg inside that place ni?
Re: Help, At 35 No Bearing Yet!!! by Virusvetty: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2021
sijibomi33:
Pls op, let me understand something better, did you tell marriage committee about a sister and you are expecting ur pastor or committee to pray about it for u?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / The Dedication Of Glory Dome, Dunamis Headquarters In Pictures / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.