Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,496 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:32 PM

Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. (1554 Views)

Naija Music Chart: Top 10 Hit Naija Songs January / Top Ten Naija Music 2018 By Mynaijadj / Free Naija Music Upload And Download Latest Nigerian Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2021
I was in Ghana for an event last weekend. For the first time, I felt happy to a Nigerian outside Nigeria.

All clubs and events I saw, it was Naija music banging...

Big ups to Wizkid, Burma Boy,.David and co..
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by Goldbw122(m): 7:50am On Aug 20, 2021
Same in Naija.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by Nukilia: 8:39am On Aug 20, 2021
ndidibabe:
I was in Ghana for an event last weekend. For the first time, I felt happy to a Nigerian outside Nigeria.

Ghanaians are obsessed with music from Nigeria. Nigerians also love GH music. The major problem is that some Ghanaians express their hatred for Nigerian music on local radio, they even propose that radio stations should only play Ghanaian songs. We all know that would be difficult for the young Ghanaians who appreciate the effort Nigerian artists put into songs

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2021
Nukilia:

Ghanaians are obsessed with music from Nigeria. Nigerians also love GH music. The major problem is that some Ghanaians express their hatred for Nigerian music on local radio, they even propose that radio stations should only play Ghanaian songs. We all know that would be difficult for the young Ghanaians who appreciate the effort Nigerian artists put into songs
Yes o. I mean everywhere I go, it was star boy. It was as if I dey Nija..

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2021
big fat lie! I am Ghanaian and live in Accra. Yes, they play some Nigerian music but Ghanaians tend to play their own music most of the time.

[s]
ndidibabe:

[/s]
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
big fat lie! I am Ghanaian and live in Accra. Yes, they play some Nigerian music but Ghanaians tend to play their own music most of the time.

[s][/s]
Which music? Who is telling the lie? I just told u what I experienced in most of the clubs I saw..
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
Nukilia:

Speak for yourself o!
Not all Nigerians love banku music

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 8:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
ndidibabe:
Which music? Who is telling the lie? I just told u what I experienced in most of the clubs I saw..

Was it a Nigeria event? I don't know about being obsessed with Nigeria music, yes we play Naija music, we equally play lots of our own music.

Infact Nigeria has a 70-30 policy where you're supposed to play 70 percent Nigeria content, 30 percent other content. Ghana doesn't have that, eventhough people are clamouring for it. Even in trade Nigeria has banned some 30 or so items from entering your market. In Ghana, it's a free-market economy. We play/watch everything here.

Nigerians do lot of english-language songs that have wide appeal. Liberians etc love your songs. Ghanaians are towing that line and infusing lots of english into our songs and we're also going places. Why are you surprised to see "popular" Nigeria content in a foreign country?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
Nukilia:

Are you Nigerian? How much Ghanaian music do you hear/see on your airwaves?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Goldbw122:
Same in Naija.

What's same in Naija?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2021
mdntiri:

Was it a Nigeria event? I don't know about being obsessed with Nigeria music, yes we play Naija music, we equally play lots of our own music.

Infact Nigeria has a 70-30 policy where you're supposed to play 70 percent Nigeria content, 30 percent other content. Ghana doesn't have that, eventhough people are clamouring for it. Even in trade Nigeria has banned some 30 or so items from entering your market. In Ghana, it's a free-market economy. We play/watch everything here.

Nigerians do lot of english-language songs that have wide appeal. Liberians etc love your songs. Ghanaians are towing that line and infusing lots of english into our songs and we're also going places. Why are you surprised to see "popular" Nigeria content in a foreign country?
The clubs bang Nigeria music majorly. That got me really surprised but relaxed. I felt I was in Lagos.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
ndidibabe:
The clubs bang Nigeria music majorly. That got me really surprised but relaxed. I felt I was in Lagos.

There're lots of Nigerians here. And you guys dish out good music, movies, comedy etc so you've wide appeal across Africa/the world.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
mdntiri:

There're lots of Nigerians here. And you guys dish out good music, movies, comedy etc so you've wide appeal across Africa/the world.
At least, no be only crime we dey famous for:-)
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
ndidibabe:
At least, no be only crime we dey famous for:-)

Lol. I have stories, but I won't go there. To be fair since last year or 2 years to now, the Nigeria-people crime stories have not been much or crazy like used to be.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2021
no be only music now. Didn't hear Nigerians speaking in Nigerian languages, bearing Nigerian names, eating Nigerian food, driving nigerian? You didn't see naira was the currency used in Ghana? Even the Ghanaian president is from Nigeria. You didn't mention all of that,huh?

ndidibabe:
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 5:09am On Aug 22, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
no be only music now. Didn't hear Nigerians speaking in Nigerian languages, bearing Nigerian names, eating Nigerian food, driving nigerian? You didn't see naira was the currency used in Ghana? Even the Ghanaian president is from Nigeria. You didn't mention all of that,huh?

Well, only my observation. I am not here for a country vs country tussle.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:

So what's your impressions about Ghana? We're all here to learn
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 11:55am On Aug 22, 2021
[s]
ndidibabe:
[/s]
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
[s][/s]
??
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
[s][/s]

Lol. Petro dollar please allow the lady. Let's be nice. So Ndidibabe what's your impression of Ghana?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 1:54pm On Aug 22, 2021
I don't really give a damn! Some of these nigerians are full of crap! I don' really give a fvck what a Nigerian thinks about Ghana or Ghanaians cool

mdntiri:

Lol. Petro dollar please allow the lady. Let's be nice. So Ndidibabe what's your impression of Ghana?
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
I don't really give a damn! Some of these nigerians are full of crap! I don' really give a fvck what a Nigerian thinks about Ghana or Ghanaians cool

I hear you. BUT there's a REALITY we must all face. Nigeria's 200 million people, they're close to us, we're the closest english-speaking country to Nigeria, they're prolific people, they're in our space, they're here, they're coming here in droves, whether we like it or not, we'd be dealing with them.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

Lol. This one is an uncultured racist.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
You don't know me so keep your stvpid rant to yourself cool

[s]
ndidibabe:
Lol. This one is an uncultured racist.
[/s]
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by PetroDolla2020: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2021
Yes, of course. We will deal with them as we have always done.

I know Nigerians very well. If I tell you my story, you won't believe it.

Most of them don't like Ghanaians. So why should I give a fvck about them? I wonder how Ghanaians living in Nigeria cope with them. They are something else.
mdntiri:

I hear you. BUT there's a REALITY we must all face. Nigeria's 200 million people, they're close to us, we're the closest english-speaking country to Nigeria, they're prolific people, they're in our space, they're here, they're coming here in droves, whether we like it or not, we'd be dealing with them.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2021
mdntiri:

So what's your impressions about Ghana? We're all here to learn
Accra is cool and neat. A good place to relax.Not like the Rock- Rock Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:
Accra is cool and neat. A good place to relax.Not like the Rock- Rock Lagos.

Nice one.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2021
mdntiri:

Nice one.
Yeah. Doesn't change the fact that Lagos is bigger than Ghana o grin.
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:
Yeah. Doesn't change the fact that Lagos is bigger than Ghana o grin.

NO! Not in terms of population or landmass. This's a common "lie" I see Nigerians throwing about. Same as the "common lie" that Nigeria used to supply electricity to Ghana. These "lies" are being debunked all over.

Lagos' population is about 15 million, Ghana's 30 million. Lagos state'd still be less than 30 million. In terms of landmass Lagos State is 3577km square, Ghana is 238, 533 km square

Infact there's an ongoing population influx here, and the Ghana/Accra authorities should seriously be planning our spaces before we become crowded like Lagos
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2021
mdntiri:

NO! Not in terms of population or landmass. This's a common "lie" I see Nigerians throwing about. Same as the "common lie" that Nigeria used to supply electricity to Ghana. These "lies" are being debunked all over.

Lagos' population is about 15 million, Ghana's 30 million. Lagos state'd still be less than 30 million. In terms of landmass Lagos State is 3577km square, Ghana is 238, 533 km square

Infact there's an ongoing population influx here, and the Ghana/Accra authorities should seriously be planning our spaces before we become crowded like Lagos
We can only be comparing Ghana to Lagos not Nigeria. Lagos is richer than the whole of Ghana..
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by mdntiri(m): 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
ndidibabe:
We can only be comparing Ghana to Lagos not Nigeria. Lagos is richer than the whole of Ghana..

I agree. I've seen stats putting Lagos'economy at 90 billion dollars and over, Ghana's as at now is less than 80 billion dollars. You guys are prolific, and I have lots of respect for you. Ghanaians are not that prolific. If we produced and consumed more of the things we use, things would improve. For our small population/land size, ABUNDANT mineral resources, peaceful people, great location, no wars etc etc we shouldn't be where we're now. But things are beginning to look good

So Lagos is bigger than Ghana(for now) in terms of GDP (economy), not population or land size
Re: Ghanaians Are Obsessed With Naija Music.. by ndidibabe(f): 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
mdntiri:

I agree. I've seen stats putting Lagos'economy at 90 billion dollars and over, Ghana's as at now is less than 80 billion dollars. You guys are prolific, and I have lots of respect for you. Ghanaians are not that prolific. If we produced and consumed more of the things we use, things would improve. For our small population/land size, ABUNDANT mineral resources, peaceful people, great location, no wars etc etc we shouldn't be where we're now. But things are beginning to look good

So Lagos is bigger than Ghana(for now) in terms of GDP (economy), not population or land size
Even with the big economy, Nigeria na jagajaga. If I am a billionaire and restricted to live in Nigeria or Ghana, I will choose Ghana.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Drake Ft. Tems – Fountains Mp3 / Fast Rising Nairaland Artist, Bungees, Sets To Shoot Tonight Video / Dj Kush – Taking It Back (REFIX EP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.