Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari (621 Views)

Tell Us Why You Don’t Want Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu To Be The Next President Of / Lady Crushed To Death In Front Of Her Shop As Trailer Suffers Brake Failure / Give Your Office A Corporate Look.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari by NewsGeh: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday, told the service chiefs that he is not ready to exit government as a failure.

The president also warned the service chiefs that he would not hesitate to rejig the security architecture if the desired results don’t come in quickly.

Speaking to state house correspondents after the meeting, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno stated that although the military has made some progress, the president is determined to achieve a turnaround in the fortunes of the country.

in his words, he said;

“It is evident that a lot of successes have been recorded. Large numbers of people are surrendering in the northeast as a consequence of the relentless efforts of the armed forces, intelligence, and security agencies.

“This is very, very evident. We’ve never had such large numbers of people defecting from the other side, back to the Nigerian side, mainly, as a result of many issues within the theatre, issues of infighting among the various factions of the terrorist groups.

“But the new drive of the armed forces, the police, the intelligence agencies, there’s been greatest cooperation, greater synergy intelligence sharing, as well as our partners in the regional intelligence fusion unit.

“So the president was briefed, the president is quite happy that there’s been a tremendous success, especially with the advent of the new service chiefs and inspector-general of police.

“And he’s also made it very, very clear that he’s not ready to exit government as a failure. He is not going to tolerate that he’s made changes and is ready to make further changes if he is not satisfied. He is completely determined to ensure that there’s a turnaround in the fortunes in the theatre of operations.”

The NSA added that the president has given clear directives to the service chiefs to address the killings and unrest in Plateau State.

When asked about what the President is planning to do with members of Boko Haram who have surrendering, he said: “I don’t want to immediately divulge what has been decided on those plans till the president takes a firm decision.”

Read more: https://newscentral.africa/2021/08/20/i-dont-want-to-exit-office-a-failure-buhari-tells-service-chiefs/

Re: I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari by Nuelito: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2021
Smh
Re: I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari by Naijanascam: 10:31am On Aug 20, 2021
Udonmeanit grin grin grin
Re: I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari by jaeyking(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2021
Our deepest prayers is that lets not see a reason to say your administration is better in in the year 2024 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Don’t Want To Exit Office A Failure - Buhari by BigRocky: 12:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
Of course sumting must be worst than failure grin
Don't settle for less Mr cowdent grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Know The Process To Meet Akwa Okuku Tiwara Aki Na Oba / Hi! I'm New Here / Nigeria Nd Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.