Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3493455 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (2808) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaziar: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
SBL28:
Hey guys, is peaky blinders any good. I've heard good things about it but the 1st episode didn't really leave me gasping for more.

I wasted my precious data downloading Bronx SIU (episodes 1-5) last week, the acting was subpar for me and I couldn't get past the female cop's whiny voice and bony face (I'm sorry). After watching 1, I deleted the remaining 4.

Peaky blinders is a really good show. Its a historical crime drama centred on a prominent crime family "the Shelby's". You've just got to be sure you're into the genre and if you are, it may not leave you 'gasping' now but it will.
Bronx siu is a mistake of a cop show and a mockery of good cop shows out there. The show has absolutely nothing working for it. Even the characters felt ill suited for their roles. Character development is pretty much non existent, and everything else just runs around in a sort of a convoluted circle.
My opinion though.
PS; The female cop you described is shanti Lowry and she's usually a pretty good actress. Well, I guess this show wasn't for her.
And, What's with almost every character on the show looking like a model?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
If you're not a dunderhead, no offense, you'd notice in my reply to him where I mentioned that it's his prediction anyway, his choice.
Oh! I did. Right after you called his prediction "bull".

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
xiexieee:
lethal weapon and sense8 including designated suvival
I was super mad sense8 was canceled, i guess the budget was too much for netflix
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Kaycee7:
Oh! I did. Right after you called his prediction "bull".
All right, I'm sorry for that. Let's forget about this.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
Feud is so good, Ryan Murphy did an amazing job so did Susan saradon and Jessica Lange, I knew of the rivalry of Bette and Joan but I had no idea it was that rough and the shade is super tasty, can't wait for season 2 about William and Diana, next is Pose then Jack Ryan
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sasquatch:
Feud is so good, Ryan Murphy did an amazing job so did Susan saradon and Jessica Lange, I knew of the rivalry of Bette and Joan but I had no idea it was that rough and the shade is super tasty, can't wait for season 2 about William and Diana, next is Pose then Jack Ryan

Glad to see someone else that likes this show. They rarely make them like this nowadays. Shows with similar feel are: People vs OJ Simpson, The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Trust, and The Crown.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
Sasquatch:

I was super mad sense8 was canceled, i guess the budget was too much for netflix

Netflix is very rich. Affording the show wouldn't have been a problem if Netflix had had an intent to pursue it. They recently splashed a lot of dough on another sci-fi, Altered Carbon, and have even renewed it for season 2. So, as you can see, cash is not the problem. The problem is source material. If you have already charted through your grains, and have found what you're looking for, obviously, it's pointless to continue.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
Queen of the south Episode 13..

How on earth does a drug militia take out trained military personnels,cortel and his army security undecided undecided

They goofed on that one big time.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2018
krattoss:

How on earth does a drug militia take out trained military personnels,cortel and his army security undecided undecided

An element of surprise is one hell of an advantage.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 9:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
Currently watching Sky's "A discovery of witches", I think its gonna be a great series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crownofwealth(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
krattoss:

what are you saying. ordinary Boko Haram dey overun your military here not to talk of fully armed drug militia.

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
Bruh, this guy is legit hilarious. For real, for real. grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MarijuanaLORD: 4:43am On Sep 21, 2018
Ogaga4Luv:

Nice smiley
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Coutinho14: 9:10am On Sep 21, 2018
Hueyreckless0007:
Bruh, this guy is legit hilarious. For real, for real. grin grin

that de Marcos dude is hilarious, he killed it when he talked about that Paul kid, like wtf?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2018
Coutinho14:
that de Marcos dude is hilarious, he killed it when he talked about that Paul kid, like wtf?

Seriously grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hueyreckless0007: 10:05am On Sep 21, 2018
Meanwhile, Maniac and The good cop drops today

Cc: Koice

This weekend is defo gonna be lit

Netflix are one fire. For real, for real cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Joered63: 11:28am On Sep 21, 2018
Coutinho14:

What series is that?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

Glad to see someone else that likes this show. They rarely make them like this nowadays. Shows with similar feel are: People vs OJ Simpson, The Assassination of Gianni Versace, Trust, and The Crown.
I haven't seen "The crown" yet but my mum will die for that show, it's funny because I introduced the show to her but I just tossed it aside, People vs OJ Simpson had everything right, I know it was only a re-enactment but it felt like watching the real deal, can't say much for "The assassination of Gianni Versace ", you could tell most of it was fiction even Versace's then real life boyfriend slammed the show but I would watch it just for Ryan Murphy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by aguiyi2: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

An element of surprise is one hell of an advantage.
Any other drug based show as good as Queen of the South?.I believe you will know.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by vampire2020: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
Just finished watching Jack Ryan,quite a good series I must confess though alittle bit slow,I just have a bad feeling the movie ain't gonna last.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by laydoh(m): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
Just started watching A discovery of witches and it looks promising. Am loving it. Koice,have you seen it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by tolulope2021(m): 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
@ koice , please where can I download, "jack ryan"?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
Sasquatch:

I haven't seen "The crown" yet but my mum will die for that show, it's funny because I introduced the show to her but I just tossed it aside, People vs OJ Simpson had everything right, I know it was only a re-enactment but it felt like watching the real deal, can't say much for "The assassination of Gianni Versace ", you could tell most of it was fiction even Versace's then real life boyfriend slammed the show but I would watch it just for Ryan Murphy

People vs OJ Simpson is not a re-enactment. It's a dramatization, rather. A drama in a more broad term as applicable to tv shows and movies is the amalgam of fiction and non-fiction. A 100% non-fiction re-enactment would have become a docu-series/documentary. The show may have read like a "real deal" to you, but like The Assassination of Gianni Versace, more than 50% of what you see oncreen were fictitious.
It's normal for people to diss movie and tv shows that are based on their past. For one, it's rarely complimentary. Secondly, it's never 100% accurate. For instance, son of Pablo Escobar wasn't happy with Neflix after Narcos's debut. He said many of what transpired in the show, including how his dad was portrayed, ain't factual.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace may not be as dynamic as it's predecessor, but it's an edge of the seat stuff. The story is very compelling, and flows very well. Hell, just yesterday, the damn show won multiple emmys!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hueyreckless0007:
Meanwhile, Maniac and The good cop drops today

Cc: Koice

This weekend is defo gonna be lit

Netflix are one fire. For real, for real cool

Netflix is blazing atm. They are making a statement.

It just occurred to me that Netflix doesn't have an original cop drama. The Good Cop will feel that void, I guess. Could compete with Bosch in the future.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SAMBHOSS(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
YoungBlackRico:
well I hope they release the whole episodes at once.

they would.... it's a binge release series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
aguiyi2:
Any other drug based show as good as Queen of the South?.I believe you will know.

- Snowfall is making waves right now.
- The Chi is not limited to drugs, but has lots of potential.
- Goliath season 2 is drug-themed.
- Narcos is dope.
- Better Call Saul has a bit of everything, and the drug part is one of it's better themes.
- The Wire and The Shield, if you wanna go down the classic route.
- Ozarks is pretty good.
- Breaking Bad is one the best drug-themed show ever made.
- Weeds... well it's self explanatory.
- Get Shorty, a dramedy, but on the dark side.
- The Deuce, not limited to drugs, but lots of potential in that one.
- El Chapo is Mexico's answer to Narcos
- Luke Cage has lots of drug running in it
- Graceland
- Gang Related
- The Night Of,
- Peaky Blinders
- The Sopranos, If you wanna go the classic route.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 21, 2018

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
The Sinner.
Season 2

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
SAMBHOSS:

they would.... it's a binge release series
All right, thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
laydoh:
Just started watching A discovery of witches and it looks promising. Am loving it. Koice,have you seen it?

It just started. I usually stay away from a show until whole season is completed.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
KoiceReloaded:

People vs OJ Simpson is not a re-enactment. It's a dramatization, rather. A drama in a more broad term as applicable to tv shows and movies is the amalgam of fiction and non-fiction. A 100% non-fiction re-enactment would have become a docu-series/documentary. The show may have read like a "real deal" to you, but like The Assassination of Gianni Versace, more than 50% of what you see oncreen were fictitious.
It's normal for people to diss movie and tv shows that are based on their past. For one, it's rarely complimentary. Secondly, it's never 100% accurate. For instance, son of Pablo Escobar wasn't happy with Neflix after Narcos's debut. He said many of what transpired in the show, including how his dad was portrayed, ain't factual.

The Assassination of Gianni Versace may not be as dynamic as it's predecessor, but it's an edge of the seat stuff. The story is very compelling, and flows very well. Hell, just yesterday, the damn show won multiple emmys!

Yes, i was so happy for darren criss, that guy can act anything, you should see him on Broadway, he's amazing and I was surprised by Ricky Martin's acting skills
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
Sasquatch:

Yes, i was so happy for darren criss, that guy can act anything, you should see him on Broadway, he's amazing and I was surprised by Ricky Martin's acting skills

Not gonna lie, never heard of Darren Criss pre- TAoGV. He seems like a very talented fella. I wish him more success in his future endeavors.

Ricky Martins aka Mr. La Vida Loca is no stranger to acting. He has theater experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (2808) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Wyzkyd(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.