Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3500316 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (2813) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2019
kendrick93:
Only breaking bad fans continue to delude themselves with this narrative...
In reality GOT is on another level..
Cinematography, CGI,fun, acting, storyline is more broad than breaking bad..etc
For me there is no comparison

If we're going to venture into a debate as regards the greatest TV show of the 21st century, there's only one contender IMO - Breaking Bad.

For starters, it captured the TV zeitgeist like no other show. I have never been as overwhelmingly addicted to a show as BB. During its ridiculously riveting 4th and 5th seasons, I remember physically shaking with excitement before and after every episode. Like a serious meth addict, I was very anxious of when I'll get my next fix.

I leant a lot of things from that show; I learnt that a gigantic magnet hidden in a van packed adjacent to a precinct, could destroy a laptop in a police lockup. I leant the basics on how to set up a meth lab in a caravan, and how to rig a firearm in the trunk of my car, etc. In over five seasons and 62 episodes, there wasn't a single dud episode. There's only a handful of TV show that can boast of similar pristine level of consistency. Vince Giligan (the creator) was the ultimate perfectionist.

Conversely, GoT is overrated for the fact it has two off seasons. Season 1 to 3 were the strongest, season 4-6 were also good but not as good as 1-3, season 7 was poor compared to it's predecessors, and Season 8 was straight up a dumpster fire - as terrible as terrible gets. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic medieval fantasy, and was full of quality, but on closer and sober scrutiny, it's not all that it's cranked up to be. It's media machine is one of the best I've ever seen though. The way it jam it down the throat of everyone, you'd think GoT's the next thing since slice bread.

Bottom line, BB is better, my friend. What may seem like an overblown reputation to some people is nothing but justified.

16 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tropicalcentre: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hi guys, �️

Watch cock and bull edition of Sport Alert with Ekemini Nelson. My reactions to stories making around Nigerian Sports and off course Tennis. Got u17 world cup news too.

Don't forget to Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7-iasBE5Y
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

If we're going to venture into a debate as regards the greatest TV show of the 21st century, there's only one contender IMO - Breaking Bad.

For starters, it captured the TV zeitgeist like no other show. I have never been as overwhelmingly addicted to a show as BB. During its ridiculously riveting 4th and 5th seasons, I remember physically shaking with excitement before and after every episode. Like a serious meth addict, I was very anxious of when I'll get my next fix.

I leant a lot of things from that show; I learnt that a gigantic magnet hidden in a van packed adjacent to a precinct, could destroy a laptop in a police lockup. I leant how to set up a meth lab in a caravan, and how to rig a firearm in the trunk of my car, etc. In over five seasons and 62 episodes, there wasn't a single dud episode. There's only a handful of TV show that can boast of similar pristine level of consistency. Vince Giligan (the creator) was the ultimate perfectionist.

Conversely, GoT is overrated for the fact it has two off seasons. Season 1 to 3 were the strongest, season 4-6 were also good but not as good as 1-3, season 7 was poor compared to it's predecessors, and Season 8 was straight up a dumpster fire - as terrible as terrible gets. Don't get me wrong, it's a fantastic medieval fantasy, and was full of quality, but on closer and sober scrutiny, it's not all that it's cranked up to be. It's media machine is one of the best I've ever seen though. The way it jam it down the throat of everyone, you'd think GoT's the next thing since slice bread.

Bottom line, BB is better, my friend. What may seem like an overblown reputation to some people is nothing but justified.

Tell them chief.. Let them know.

I actually felt the same way when I finished breaking bad.. You know when you finish a series and you don't know what else to do with your life.. I went on YouTube and started watching every content of breaking bad I could find.. Watching breaking bad is like an adrenaline rush you get when you driving at a top speed.. You just don't wanna stop.. Or else the excitement is over...Nothing compares to it on TV.. Nothing.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:09pm On Oct 26, 2019
realestniggah:

The thing with CGI is it get outdated pretty fast.. Have you seen star wars and star trek of the early eighties and nineties? I'm sure you can't sit down through it today.

Same with Merlin..Merlin was the shit back in the days.. But now I look at it and I realize how lame it is.. even Legend of the seeker.. 10 years from now Game of thrones will be in the same whatsapp group with Merlin.. It will be old..and people won't be able to watch it.. Wonder why series like prison break and breaking bad still get praises today it because the stroline is forever strong and won't ever get outdated because of what would be term bad CGI..
Actually, Merlin and Legend of the Seeker fall under sword & sorcery division of the fantasy genre. GOT isn't even really that much reliant on CGI. Apart from the dragons and direwolves, what other major CG images are there? GOT isn't about wizard battles and face-offs with fantastical beasts. It's about the lore, the world building, the dialogue, the twists, the character progression. Sure, the dragons may not look good in ten years but that isn't enough to stop anyone from enjoying what GOT really has to offer.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2019
realestniggah:

Tell them chief.. Let them know.

I actually felt the same way when I finished breaking bad.. You know when you finish a series and you don't know what else to do with your life.. I went on YouTube and started watching every content of breaking bad I could find.. Watching breaking bad is like an adrenaline rush you get when you driving at a top speed.. You just don't wanna stop.. Or else the excitement is over...Nothing compares to it on TV.. Nothing.

Nothing compares. Like I have watched it four good times, and it always excite on each occasion. The kings of kings himself, Stephen King, called it the best show of the past 15 years, and he's not wrong. I went into withdrawal after BB ended, true story. grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Nothing compares. Like I have watched it four good times, and it always excite on each occasion. The kings of kings himself, Stephen King, called it the best show of the past 15 years, and he's not wrong. I went into withdrawal after BB ended, true story. grin

Must be very interesting.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 26, 2019
urahara:

Must be very interesting.

Yes, it is, but it's a bit of an acquired taste. It grows on you.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hey Yo!

Mr White, I'm a Breaking Bad fan for life.

By the way, the movie El Chapino is out. smiley

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
calliope:
Grey's Anatomy S16 Ep6

I am beginning to hate the story line for Meredith, like what happened to the world class surgeon she is? And why is Shonda so hell bent in throwing her in jail. undecided like i don't get. This new story line for her is rubbish. Let's get back to her being an amazing surgeon and living happily ever after (Must bad things always happen to her??) And when will the transplant surgeon comes back into the picture and confesses his unending love? I am not feeling this season yet, honestly.

I'm still at season 3 cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Electronzeez(m): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2019
Koicereloaded push me to see "succession " . I have not seen so many new series since last year but succession is my all time best show right now .HBO is on another level when it comes to quality delivery .

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by eminencetoba: 8:29pm On Oct 26, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Capnd143(m): 9:49pm On Oct 26, 2019
hinohsend:

His meth became really popular because its really pure, Therefore Heisenberg kinda became a 'brand'. Walter planned to get a specific amount of money and then retire. But things got complicated, plus he slowly became obsessed/in love with the brand/making meth. The events in S1, from episode 1, kind of set of a butterfly effect chain of events. Everything kinda came together in S5, culminating at what is now known as the GOAT episode (S5E14) . You really should watch it.
okay thanks, really appreciate. I'll give it a go tonight
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Yhukay00: 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2019
vibewithme:
please is there anyone who watches any of these:

Grown-ish

Riverdale

Stranger Things

On My Block
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Especially Riverdale?
how old are you?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by philbubs(m): 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
R2bees:
UNBELIEVABLE, TOP OF THE LAKE, SHARP OBJECTS, THE ACT... If you have seen any of them please recommend more series with same vibe. I don't just understand my obsession with pure crime dramas with weird plot.

A CONFESSION
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by vibewithme(m): 12:11am On Oct 27, 2019
Yhukay00:
how old are you?

old enough

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by medolab90(m): 1:19am On Oct 27, 2019
Please can anyone help me with the Link if this movie locked up??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by urahara(m): 3:15am On Oct 27, 2019
CsRockefeller:

I'm still at season 3 cry

On a scale of 1 to ten , how interesting is it ?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Reality11: 4:12am On Oct 27, 2019
Please recommend some comedy series if you have. Series that can compete with these

Friends
Bing bang theory
Modern family...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 5:04am On Oct 27, 2019
Kaycee7:

Actually, Merlin and Legend of the Seeker fall under sword & sorcery division of the fantasy genre. GOT isn't even really that much reliant on CGI. Apart from the dragons and direwolves, what other major CG images are there? GOT isn't about wizard battles and face-offs with fantastical beasts. It's about the lore, the world building, the dialogue, the twists, the character progression. Sure, the dragons may not look good in ten years but that isn't enough to stop anyone from enjoying what GOT really has to offer.

A ton of the scene in game of throne are heavy CGI.. CGI wasn't just used for the dragons and dire wolf.. Most of the locations and set were CGI..some of these places have been tourist attractions.. But people end up being dissapointed because it not exactly what they are shown on TV

Here are some example
Visit https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/christopherhudspeth/game-of-thrones-visual-effects-with-without for more photos

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 5:09am On Oct 27, 2019
realestniggah:

The thing with CGI is it get outdated pretty fast.. Have you seen star wars and star trek of the early eighties and nineties? I'm sure you can't sit down through it today.

Same with Merlin..Merlin was the shit back in the days.. But now I look at it and I realize how lame it is.. even Legend of the seeker.. 10 years from now Game of thrones will be in the same whatsapp group with Merlin.. It will be old..and people won't be able to watch it.. Wonder why series like prison break and breaking bad still get praises today it because the stroline is forever strong and won't ever get outdated because of what would be term bad CGI..
Guy, game of thrones have been making waves even before the CGI. The novel (a song of ice and fire) was a hit

Keanu Reeves' breakthrough was in Matrix. Matrix was praised for its CGI and cinematography
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:12am On Oct 27, 2019
Reality11:
Please recommend some comedy series if you have. Series that can compete with these

Friends
Bing bang theory
Modern family...
Two and a Half Men.
Last Man Standing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:14am On Oct 27, 2019
realestniggah:

A ton of the scene in game of throne are heavy CGI.. CGI wasn't just used for the dragons and dire wolf.. Most of the locations and set were CGI..some of these places have been tourist attractions.. But people end up being dissapointed because it not exactly what they are shown on TV

Here are some example
Visit https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/christopherhudspeth/game-of-thrones-visual-effects-with-without for more photos
Hmmmmm! That's a lot more CGI than I saw in behind-the-scenes clips. Guess we'll see how it hold up in 10 years.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Reality11:

Friends
Bing bang theory
Modern family...

- The Office (USA)
- Parks and Rec
- Party Down
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Seinfeld
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 27, 2019
philbubs:

A CONFESSION
You sabi bro. Thanks so much

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 27, 2019
Yhukay00:
how old are you?
So anyone that likes teen series is obviously a teenager.. Una reasoning sometimes eeh
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 27, 2019
R2bees:
UNBELIEVABLE, TOP OF THE LAKE, SHARP OBJECTS, THE ACT... If you have seen any of them please recommend more series with same vibe. I don't just understand my obsession with pure crime dramas with weird plot.

- Broadchurch
- The Missing
- Seven Seconds
- The Sinner
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CsRockefeller(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2019
urahara:

On a scale of 1 to ten , how interesting is it ?

Very interesting.

It's an emotional show, filled with drama and life lessons. The songs also played at the beginning and at the end is bliss and lovely.

Great show. Will score it a 7.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

- Broadchurch
- The Missing
- Seven Seconds
- The Sinner
Koice to the rescue once again. I hv seen The Sinner. Will check out the rest. Thanks so much.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 27, 2019
please where can i download merlin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AdorableJosh(m): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Can't wait.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (2813) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Chibudollar and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53