Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1808) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503463 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 2:09am On Oct 29, 2020
Dope serie rate 9.5/10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 2:31am On Oct 29, 2020
DieRich5:
Dope serie rate 9.5/10
great Animation i watched everything at a stretch... just keep wanting more

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:00am On Oct 29, 2020
Friedyokes:
let's say Leonardo da'vinci painted the Mona Lisa half way and handed you the the brush..sure you might been able to continue some of the lines up to a point but you'll never be able to get the perfect painting... even if you had him whispering in you ear because; 1) you're not him 2) you don't know what he had in mind ...heck I'm sure even George doesn't know what he has in mind ...I'm not excusing them (as I'm sure there would be been a better way to resolve the story, probably through a few more seasons) I am instead understanding them...even that much creative freedom they would be stomped seeing as there were many arcs in the story..

.that said fvck them...

also,

what were the lit deviations
Yeah,Since have been doing quite alright from S1 - S6, landing a perfect ending wasn't supposed to be rocket science for them, well the deed it's done now, rewatching from S1 feels weird now knowing how it ends.

From the few i can remember to answer your question,
We got to see the beauty of one the best battles in the show, The battle of Hardhome. In the books, since the book it's pov styled, nobody technically witnessed the battle, it was just sparsely mentioned.

Mance Ryder is still very much alive in the books, though he suffered the same faith as in the series by been burnt at the stake and "mercy killed" by Jon snow for not bending the knee, this was a pivotal moment in the series ascertaining Jon Snow as a "leader" (Of course it led no where in the end) and the scene was lit.

Sansa is no where near Winterfell in Books as it was her friend that married Ramsay Bolton but her returning to Winterfell in S6 to to exact revenge on Ramsay, reuniting with her brothers and Becoming "Lady of Winterfell" was lit.

Robb's wife Talisa been stabbed in belly at the Red Wedding brought an heightened level of gore that shot up the ratings of the "red wedding" as one of the best episode in the series and it was of course lit, but in the books however, Robb's wife was no where near the red wedding, and so didn't die in the massacre and her infact family was even in alliance with the lannister.

These are the few i can remember vividly, others vaguely cuz of the sheer volumes of the books.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2020
Friedyokes:
let's say Leonardo da'vinci painted the Mona Lisa half way and handed you the the brush..sure you might been able to continue some of the lines up to a point but you'll never be able to get the perfect painting... even if you had him whispering in you ear because; 1) you're not him 2) you don't know what he had in mind ...heck I'm sure even George doesn't know what he has in mind ...I'm not excusing them (as I'm sure there would be been a better way to resolve the story, probably through a few more seasons) I am instead understanding them...even that much creative freedom they would be stomped seeing as there were many arcs in the story..

.that said fvck them...

also,

what were the lit deviations
Your analogy is apt and spot on, the showrunners had no source material to run on after season 5, but they still managed to get us a finale, GOT still has the length to run for 4 more season due to the story arcs and character development of most of them, but then it would have been useless, the Targaryen narrative was useless, the defeat of the NK too seems rushed, but its still a great finale compared to most.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tekii(m): 7:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Chibudollar:
Downloaded it but haven't started yet, because of too many shows I got going already.

I would like an update
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tekii(m): 7:59am On Oct 29, 2020
Zyzman:

Choi angry cool shocked shocked shocked

New games are available óò...

Marvel's avengers
Pes 2021
Detroit become human
Red dead redemption 2

Loading.... Death standing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2020
Hathor5:
Castle&Castle

And enjoying it. smiley

Where are you watching it from?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Brukx(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2020
oyaskii:
G.R.R Martin is a fraud at this point..Man is just too lazy to complete "Winds of Winter". He said definitely 2020, and we are almost in November...
Lazy? You say GRRM is lazy? Wtf guy? You think he should create such amazing works overnight?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MaziAlaye(m): 8:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Anyone watched Tehran series here?? Please how is it??
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 8:12am On Oct 29, 2020
ibnlawal:

It's better to get another Airtel sim oo. Sometimes, you will get carried away and one's calculations of the used night plan data is always wrong.

Exactly what I do. It's just the best, because the consumption rate for that night data is just unpredictable.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by homesteady(m): 8:13am On Oct 29, 2020
I'm loving every bit of The Queens Gambit.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:19am On Oct 29, 2020
Brukx:
Lazy? You say GRRM is lazy? Wtf guy? You think he should create such amazing works overnight?
Nah! Dude's lazy as a sloth.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:22am On Oct 29, 2020
geezyk:
Your analogy is apt and spot on, the showrunners had no source material to run on after season 5, but they still managed to get us a finale, GOT still has the length to run for 4 more season due to the story arcs and character development of most of them, but then it would have been useless, the Targaryen narrative was useless, the defeat of the NK too seems rushed, but its still a great finale compared to most.
Useless? Fleshing out a story to bring it to a satisfying or logical conclusion is useless to you? A great finale? Wetin person no go see for King's Landing?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by toluxe0075: 8:49am On Oct 29, 2020
oyaskii:
So much. GOT had this slow build up of plot lines and character development right from S1 and that was part of it's charm. People were actually hoping these character development led somewhere good.

Well like i said so much but let me hilight two..The battle with the Night King happened too fast in S8 and felt too rushed. The Night King was been developed over the seasons as the "main threat" to the seven kingdom, and we finally saw a great glimpse of it's potential when he turned Viserion into a white walker, only for him to die somewhat cowardly in a rushed, poorly written battle which one could barely see anything beacuse it was all pitch black. The Battle of "Hardhome" and The Battle of the Bastards" aren't one of the best piece of tv ever for nothing, these battles had great build ups throughout S5 and S6 culminating a perfect climax at the end of both seasons.

Secondly, what was the point of Jon Snow dying, brought back to life and been a "Targaryen", it lead absolutely nowhere.

I have noticed shows recently have a problem of landing the perfect " season finale". Probably the writers get confused on so many ideas how to end.

It's really sad GOT went downhill. sad Sometimes I don't blame the writers. GOT series built a simple but made complex storyline based on the book, and it was becoming glaring they would run into trouble with the very many solid character buildup they had on ground at the end of season 5 through the book. It only got worse when there was no resources to follow.

For instance, Spartacus had a solid season finale because the writers had enough resources and preexisting conclusion. The various character build up in game of thrones and the high expectations of people with those characters, I feel, made the writing more confusing and tiring to the writers. If you watch Game of thrones writer's interview after each episode, you will get to hear their views on why they did what they did with some characters. In some cases, they had good reasons, but the writing and execution says otherwise.

Regardless of the route the writers choose to go, people will still not be satisfied with the ending.
Even GRR Martin is confused on the direction to go. If he's not, he should have completed the book unless there is a contract between him and HBO that states he should put the book on hold. With the fans uproar and the direction the series went, I'm sure he would find a creative way to end the story. For instance, he's already saying that Lord Baelish wouldn't betray Sansa in his book and other things.

I also feel the cast and crews were ready to move on with their lives, especially the actors. DB Weiss and David Benioff just wanted to conclude the whole thing and move on. I guess it resulted to poorly thought process which cumulated to poor writing and poor execution.

At least, some characters had a solid conclusion to their build-up. I'm talking of Sansa and Arya grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:49am On Oct 29, 2020
Brukx:
You should know i am exaggerating for effect but "A dance with dragons" was 2011, a whole 9 years has passed and still no "Winds of Winter" tho he has released 11 chapters so far as samples.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by toluxe0075: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Kaycee7:
Nah! Dude's lazy as a sloth.
Very lazy. Baba has been postponing since 2011. Let's hope he would not renege on his June 2021 deadline.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:08am On Oct 29, 2020
toluxe0075:

It's really sad GOT went downhill. sad Sometimes I don't blame the writers. GOT series built a simple but made complex storyline based on the book, and it was becoming glaring they would run into trouble with the very many solid character buildup they had on ground at the end of season 5 through the book. It only got worse when there was no resources to follow.

For instance, Spartacus had a solid season finale because the writers had enough resources and preexisting conclusion. The various character build up in game of thrones and the high expectations of people with those characters, I feel, made the writing more confusing and tiring to the writers. If you watch Game of thrones writer's interview after each episode, you will get to hear their views on why they did what they did with some characters. In some cases, they had good reasons, but the writing and execution says otherwise.

Regardless of the route the writers choose to go, people will still not be satisfied with the ending.
Even GRR Martin is confused on the direction to go. If he's not, he should have completed the book unless there is a contract between him and HBO that states he should put the book on hold. With the fans uproar and the direction the series went, I'm sure he would find a creative way to end the story. For instance, he's already saying that Lord Baelish wouldn't betray Sansa in his book and other things.

I also feel the cast and crews were ready to move on with their lives, especially the actors. DB Weiss and David Benioff just wanted to conclude the whole thing and move on. I guess it resulted to poorly thought process which cumulated to poor writing and poor execution.

At least, some characters had a solid conclusion to their build-up. I'm talking of Sansa and Arya grin
I agree with your point of view. There was no way the Show runners weren't going to run into trouble at the tail end with an incomplete source material still feel they could have done better but they gave me one of the best tv serial experience for about 7 years, from 2011 to 2017 i was always looking forward to June-July and for that they have my respect.

Seriously how does these fantasy novelist like JR Tolkien and GR Martin keep sane and not run stark mad from writing fantasy books?. They literally have to create, races, cities, towns, religions, languages etc from the head and put them into books running over a thousand pages.

Lastly, still think Arya should have been the one to kill Cersie instead of some bricks, but we move..GOT was one of GOAT of Tv series.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:10am On Oct 29, 2020
toluxe0075:

Very lazy. Baba has been postponing since 2011. Let's hope he would not renege on his June 2021 deadline.
He said if he doesn't complete it this year, he should be arrested and year wan end, book we never see, if "Winds of Winter" is taking this long, how long will the concluding "A Dream of Spring" take?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 9:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Kaycee7:
Useless? Fleshing out a story to bring it to a satisfying or logical conclusion is useless to you? A great finale? Wetin person no go see for King's Landing?
Do you think they had the budget to continue running the show for more seasons? CGI alone is in the millions and also payment for the stars, do you know how much one star gets for an episode? Its only logical for them to end it and even the showurnners talked about the budget too.

Using a meme doesn't make your argument valid.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Brukx:
link?

Tfp dot is

Or

medeberiyaa dot com
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:41am On Oct 29, 2020
Nairalandgirl:

What series is this ps

The undoing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:42am On Oct 29, 2020
Igbosmoker:
what website to download?

Tfp dot is

Or

medeberiyaa dot com
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by introvertme: 9:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Achilles100:

I just saw the first episode, I will wait till its complete to download everything.

Its just six episodes.
Its a miniseries.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2020
geezyk:
Do you think they had the budget to continue running the show for more seasons? CGI alone is in the millions and also payment for the stars, do you know how much one star gets for an episode? Its only logical for them to end it and even the showurnners talked about the budget too.

Using a meme doesn't make your argument valid.
Alaye, you sound as if they were making the show for free. Not only was GoT profitable enough to fund its subsequent seasons, it also funded other projects for HBO.
They had no problems generating profit from the show and the ratings weren't anything to be scared of, even though the writing quality had dropped from season 6. Can't believe you're actually trying to argue based on the budget. Wetin person no go see for Iron Bank?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnsmith5: 10:34am On Oct 29, 2020
Just about to start season 3 of Halt and Catch Fire. Brilliant TV so far.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Zyzman: 11:41am On Oct 29, 2020
Tekii:

New games are available óò...

Marvel's avengers
Pes 2021
Detroit become human
Red dead redemption 2

Loading.... Death standing

I have a core i7 with 2gb dedicated graphics card and 8gv ram. I need games for pcs. I don't think the RDD2 you mentioned runs on pcs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Xerox01(m): 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
All these guys bringing up GOT just made me watch the last episode I purposely didn't want to see before.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meel: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2020
bamangar:
is kurulus osman a great show? If e make sense abeg talk so I go download.
where did you download this series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 4:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
Game of thrones ending wasn't as bad as most people made it seem, I think it's because of the huge following it had thats what made it seem so. Besides I don't even think any ending would've satisfied the audience.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2020
Currently on Bates Motel season1 episode 7 enjoying the series so far. Bobs Burgers season 8, Archer season 2. Waiting for Warriors to complete before starting. WE MOVE. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:06pm On Oct 29, 2020
The Sister.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Moneyboyz: 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
Zyzman:

I have a core i7 with 2gb dedicated graphics card and 8gv ram. I need games for pcs. I don't think the RDD2 you mentioned runs on pcs

Ocean of games

(1) (2) (3) ... (1805) (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: isaiah9(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60