Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1809) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503322 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 6:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Chibudollar:
Game of thrones ending wasn't as bad as most people made it seem, I think it's because of the huge following it had thats what made it seem so. Besides I don't even think any ending would've satisfied the audience.

This is exactly it..

No ending could've prepared us to say the final goodbye to it ... it's as hard as that

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Hathor5(f): 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
homesteady:

Where are you watching it from?

Netflix

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Chibudollar:
Game of thrones ending wasn't as bad as most people made it seem, I think it's because of the huge following it had thats what made it seem so. Besides I don't even think any ending would've satisfied the audience.
FergieRaww:

This is exactly it..

No ending could've prepared us to say the final goodbye to it ... it's as hard as that
Y'all really need to stop with the "No ending would've satisfied the audience" angle. That finale was premium crap. From being rushed to story points and character development leading nowhere to illogical decisions.
GoT is not the first beloved show to end. You don't see people incessantly complaining about Breaking Bad's finale, do you?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hpymoment(f): 9:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kaycee7:

Y'all really need to stop with the "No ending would've satisfied the audience" angle. That finale was premium crap. From being rushed to story points and character development leading nowhere to illogical decisions.
GoT is not the first beloved show to end. You don't see people incessantly complaining about Breaking Bad's finale, do you?

I have not watched GOT s8 till date after i heard about the crap ending.

BB ended greatly, Homeland season final was sweet. People will know a season final that's good and the one that's crappy too. There are many beloved tv shows that ended well so don't mind them.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by maidaboi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
Stranger things 1 was good 2 was bad and 3 was just wow about to start 4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Harry4cas(m): 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
maidaboi:
Stranger things 1 was good 2 was bad and 3 was just wow about to start 4

Stranger Things season 4?� I thought the last one is season 3 or 2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 100naira(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2020
The boys season 1 and 2

F'cking diabolical

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Friedyokes: 9:55pm On Oct 29, 2020
oyaskii:
Yeah,Since have been doing quite alright from S1 - S6, landing a perfect ending wasn't supposed to be rocket science for them, well the deed it's done now, rewatching from S1 feels weird now knowing how it ends.

From the few i can remember to answer your question,
We got to see the beauty of one the best battles in the show, The battle of Hardhome. In the books, since the book it's pov styled, nobody technically witnessed the battle, it was just sparsely mentioned.

Mance Ryder is still very much alive in the books, though he suffered the same faith as in the series by been burnt at the stake and "mercy killed" by Jon snow for not bending the knee, this was a pivotal moment in the series ascertaining Jon Snow as a "leader" (Of course it led no where in the end) and the scene was lit.

Sansa is no where near Winterfell in Books as it was her friend that married Ramsay Bolton but her returning to Winterfell in S6 to to exact revenge on Ramsay, reuniting with her brothers and Becoming "Lady of Winterfell" was lit.

Robb's wife Talisa been stabbed in belly at the Red Wedding brought an heightened level of gore that shot up the ratings of the "red wedding" as one of the best episode in the series and it was of course lit, but in the books however, Robb's wife was no where near the red wedding, and so didn't die in the massacre and her infact family was even in alliance with the lannister.

These are the few i can remember vividly, others vaguely cuz of the sheer volumes of the books.
I keep holding out hope that George completes the books ..but I'll still accept that seasons 1 through 5 were fantastic...

yeah hardhome was some great tv
love the character given to the night king

but there were also some arcs in the books I want to see completed

lady Stark still being alive ...

aegon Targaryen still being alive and vying for the throne

and I expected that when winter came it will be with more or less permanent night

and those direwolves got completely ignored �

also not totally unrelated ..can we agree Ned Stark deserved to die
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Friedyokes: 10:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
geezyk:
Your analogy is apt and spot on, the showrunners had no source material to run on after season 5, but they still managed to get us a finale, GOT still has the length to run for 4 more season due to the story arcs and character development of most of them, but then it would have been useless, the Targaryen narrative was useless, the defeat of the NK too seems rushed, but its still a great finale compared to most.
yeah I wouldn't call it useless tho as I'm still very interested in seeing the payoff, if it does payoff...but I don't really get why they rushed production and the way they were making mistakes like the Starbucks cup or so and the bottled water that were visible ...and there also alot of fan servicing ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lh19(m): 7:39am On Oct 30, 2020
BLOOD OF ZEUS - 8/10
It wasn't better than Castlevania but it was still really good.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bamangar: 9:49am On Oct 30, 2020
Barberian is a great show, really enjoyed it.. Thank God I was born in this generation, there were mad slavery in the old times.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by bamangar: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2020
MaziAlaye:
Anyone watched Tehran series here?? Please how is it??
one word " Madohhhhhh".. Tehran is a great show. Love the build up..

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 10:08am On Oct 30, 2020
Kaycee7:

best ending I have ever seen from a series will be banshee....GoT started derailing when they move pass the novel, they went from not been predictable to predictable but they could have given us a penultimate ending that could have left us with guessing what could be or not
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2020
Friedyokes:
I keep holding out hope that George completes the books ..but I'll still accept that seasons 1 through 5 were fantastic...

yeah hardhome was some great tv
love the character given to the night king

but there were also some arcs in the books I want to see completed

lady Stark still being alive ...

aegon Targaryen still being alive and vying for the throne

and I expected that when winter came it will be with more or less permanent night

and those direwolves got completely ignored �

also not totally unrelated ..can we agree Ned Stark deserved to die

George will eventually complete the books, but it will be at it's own pace, which is frustratingly slow.

If they were to follow all the arcs, it will run into 20 seasons and become a writing headache for the show runners. They just choose the major arcs to follow.

Catelyn stark as a leader of an undead army seeking revenge? Sign me up..but would they have fitted the arc with so many plots running from S4-S6.

It was clear that from S1,the only Targaryen arc they were willing to follow was
Daenerys and i think it was ok and good tho the end was absymal. I actually think Emilia Clarke's casting was the best in the show.

The Direwolves were cut off due to the huge CGI cost in creating them. Then again, the show made so much money that even the merch sales from it could have easily funded it.

Lastly, Yup, going to Kings Landing, to talk crap about Robert Baratheon's Children having Blond hair instead of black why been surrounded by the Lannisters and their allys?. He deserved what he got.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Demmtek(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
The Mandalorian is back cool shocked

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Thuna(m): 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
JohnnyPalmer:

Where did you download it and the subtitles especially?

I once downloaded, couldn't find subtitles to download for some episodes

Fauda is not popular here, but it's a solid watch
check toxicwap bro... All episodes are fully subtitled...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Opemopem15: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2020
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LimeLyte: 9:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
What happened to power book 2, billions?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
LimeLyte:
Covid 19.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 30, 2020
Feasting good on the old classic

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Friedyokes: 12:40am On Oct 31, 2020
oyaskii:
George will eventually complete the books, but it will be at it's own pace, which is frustratingly slow.

If they were to follow all the arcs, it will run into 20 seasons and become a writing headache for the show runners. They just choose the major arcs to follow.

Catelyn stark as a leader of an undead army seeking revenge? Sign me up..but would they have fitted the arc with so many plots running from S4-S6.

It was clear that from S1,the only Targaryen arc they were willing to follow was
Daenerys and i think it was ok and good tho the end was absymal. I actually think Emilia Clarke's casting was the best in the show.

The Direwolves were cut off due to the huge CGI cost in creating them. Then again, the show made so much money that even the merch sales from it could have easily funded it.

Lastly, Yup, going to Kings Landing, to talk crap about Robert Baratheon's Children having Blond hair instead of black why been surrounded by the Lannisters and their allys?. He deserved what he got.
absolutely agree
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by rockhillz(m): 1:45am On Oct 31, 2020
LimeLyte:

Power book 2 returns December
Billions 2021

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:24am On Oct 31, 2020
The Owl House.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kenesh(f): 9:43am On Oct 31, 2020
Hello everyone. Please who would be so kind to give me Grey's Anatomy from season 1. Would so appreciate it. Thank you in anticipation

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tekii(m): 10:19am On Oct 31, 2020
Zyzman:

I have a core i7 with 2gb dedicated graphics card and 8gv ram. I need games for pcs. I don't think the RDD2 you mentioned runs on pcs

I posted a long list 9f games I have that your pc can play.. And the rdr2 was currently released for pc... I'm playing it rn.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ositadima1(m): 11:24am On Oct 31, 2020
The Mandalorian is back, yuppie! In d last season we got to see his face, men, was I disappointed. Lol, expected him to be more ... good looking. grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
ositadima1:
The Mandalorian is back, yuppie! In d last season we got to see his face, men, was I disappointed. Lol, expected him to be more ... good looking. grin grin grin
See this one. You think say Mandalorian na benefit boy? grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Zyzman: 3:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
Tekii:

I posted a long list 9f games I have that your pc can play.. And the rdr2 was currently released for pc... I'm playing it rn.

Okay thanks.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by armadeo(m): 3:25pm On Oct 31, 2020
ositadima1:

Once I finish succesion today. I will start this one.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2020
Shey you see that guy that rated Blood of Zeus 8/10. Na thunder go fire you

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2020
Nova15:
Shey you see that guy that rated Blood of Zeus 8/10. Na thunder go fire you
Why?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kaycee7:
Why?

Have you seen it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1806) (1807) (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: CBTxFactor, Kaycee7(m) and 3 guest(s)