Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3500906 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) ... (2813) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
swiftz:

The one I saw on Netflix has 5 seasons and na animation
that's a kids cartoon
Not every Korean show is on Netflix

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Peak...just peak character

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ibunkun1(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2022
abduleez1:

Yeah, Aemond is really good.
Imo, he's more or less a younger Daemon.

HBO had excellently casted the actors for this season's characters. I hope they get Aemond well as well as Aegon II.

One place I'll also like to see is Jacaerys death.
The way Syrax treat him fvvk up go sweet to see. grin cheesy

grin grin pikin wey no dey calm down
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 8:50pm On Sep 24, 2022
abduleez1:

Bruh, you know God tier content!! cheesy
That scene I'm patiently waiting to get replicated.

I just dey watch pu7pl3 saying the dragons in this show are tame. If that scene between Vhagar and Caraxes is properly relieved, Omo na god tier carnage. Also the fight between both warriors.

I just dey wait how ppl go drop their Jaws. cheesy cheesy grin

Lol, they have not showed it yet boss grin
You're hyped up by your imaginations and source material knowledge.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
Avatar: The Last Airbender season 1 rewatch done....8/10

Great first season as expected...a good way to introduce us to the world, lore and it's history

Still a great show to watch both for kids and quite enjoyable for adults...

My personal issues were it's episodic nature...not surprising since it was airing on Nickelodeon in 2005...so it did get tiring for me at times

Also while it did touch on adult themes, it couldn't fully explore them because its primary audience were kids...
I really would have appreciated if these themes were not watered down but fully explored but it's understandable...going deep would make an entirely different show...

Time constraints also affected it, since the episodes were averaging 23-24mins...most of these episodes would have benefitted from stretching them over 3-4 episodes to give greater impact as some of the episodes had really rushed conclusions in my opinion...
But then again it's understandable as it was airing on Nickelodeon

I like the show's great mix of comedy and depth...
it's fun enough to keep the mood light-hearted and has depth to keep a mature audience invested in it

I can only imagine what it would be like if the show aired in this day and age where America doesn't treat animations as comedy or kids only stuff...it would probably have a different feel but then it would be free to properly express it's themes without constraints...

Anyway, I believe there is even more depth in the later seasons...

8/10 for Season 1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2022
Moving to binge some shows before I continue to Avatar S2-

Summertime Render
Classroom of the Elite S2
Overlord S4
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2022
Ibunkun1:

grin grin pikin wey no dey calm down

I dey tell you. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:43pm On Sep 24, 2022
pu7pl3:

Lol, they have not showed it yet boss grin
You're hyped up by your imaginations and source material knowledge.

Okay oo. I sha dey wait. Just know say I go shout your name all through when that scene is finally renditioned. grin grin

We'll probably wait till S3 or 4 before we see that battle.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
oyaskii:
Here we go....

I need to join this show soon. Need to see that vicious family.

This and Stranger Things has been some Netflix long running shows I've been putting off watching on my watchlist.
Too many things to catch up to. embarassed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 10:48pm On Sep 24, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Just started rewatch of AVATAR: THE LAST AIRBENDER

I originally watched since I was in secondary school...so it's been so long...
And I didn't even finish it then
Where can I download it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:58pm On Sep 24, 2022
Classickj:

Where can I download it
pahe dot in
Gotytv dot com
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DontBullshitMe: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2022
abduleez1:

Bruh, you know God tier content!! cheesy
That scene I'm patiently waiting to get replicated.

I just dey watch pu7pl3 saying the dragons in this show are tame. If that scene between Vhagar and Caraxes is properly relieved, Omo na god tier carnage. Also the fight between both warriors.

I just dey wait how ppl go drop their Jaws. cheesy cheesy grin
The only scene that is capable of driving me nuts if executed perfectly is that scene at dragon pit when the King's Landing mob invaded the dragon pit to kill dragons with knives, dagger, stones (whatever weapon they can find). The description of that scene is out of this world. The dragons were chained indeed but a dragon is a dragon. People were roasted without mercy. . . (Make I just shut up).

That scene was glorious. cheesy Reading it alone gave me chills. Imagine me seeing the full display.

There'd be alot of on air dragon duels so I don't really think the Ceraxes-Vhagar duel will be more special than the rest apart from the fact that the 2 dragons are battle experienced and tested. Infact the first death that marked the beginning of the dance of dragons happened through an on air dragon duel at Storm's End (I think).
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 12:00am On Sep 25, 2022
oyaskii:
Here we go....
cannot wait! Show will be weird now that we know the queen has passed away, i hope it continues after season 5!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 12:03am On Sep 25, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Avatar: The Last Airbender season 1 rewatch done....8/10

Great first season as expected...a good way to introduce us to the world, lore and it's history

Still a great show to watch both for kids and quite enjoyable for adults...

My personal issues were it's episodic nature...not surprising since it was airing on Nickelodeon in 2005...so it did get tiring for me at times

Also while it did touch on adult themes, it couldn't fully explore them because its primary audience were kids...
I really would have appreciated if these themes were not watered down but fully explored but it's understandable...going deep would make an entirely different show...

Time constraints also affected it, since the episodes were averaging 23-24mins...most of these episodes would have benefitted from stretching them over 3-4 episodes to give greater impact as some of the episodes had really rushed conclusions in my opinion...
But then again it's understandable as it was airing on Nickelodeon

I like the show's great mix of comedy and depth...
it's fun enough to keep the mood light-hearted and has depth to keep a mature audience invested in it

I can only imagine what it would be like if the show aired in this day and age where America doesn't treat animations as comedy or kids only stuff...it would probably have a different feel but then it would be free to properly express it's themes without constraints...

Anyway, I believe there is even more depth in the later seasons...

8/10 for Season 1
i need to re watch this again o! E don tey, atla got infinitely better the moment azula arrived, make the show so interesting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Oyalunamike: 1:09am On Sep 25, 2022
We have hot deals for you at jumia
Check it out at this blog: jumiahotgadgetdeals..com

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:18am On Sep 25, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

The only scene that is capable of driving me nuts if executed perfectly is that scene at dragon pit when the King's Landing mob invaded the dragon pit to kill dragons with knives, dagger, stones (whatever weapon they can find). The description of that scene is out of this world. The dragons were chained indeed but a dragon is a dragon. People were roasted without mercy. . . (Make I just shut up).

That scene was glorious. cheesy Reading it alone gave me chills. Imagine me seeing the full display.

There'd be alot of on air dragon duels so I don't really think the Ceraxes-Vhagar duel will be more special than the rest apart from the fact that the 2 dragons are battle experienced and tested. Infact the first death that marked the beginning of the dance of dragons happened through an on air dragon duel at Storm's End (I think).

Bruh, you know good content. cheesy
It's the second scene I'd love for them to portray but I'm not sure of its chances of being included that's why I didn't wanna dream much of it.

But that scene was heart breaking, the way Dreamfyre died was painful. I nearly cried reading how Dreamfyre died with all that rubble and blinded. You are forgetting it's only Dreamfyre that was able to break its chains. The other two dragons couldn't.

Yeah, I think the first death was between Aemond Targaryen and Lucerys Velaryon with their dragons Vhagar and Arrax.

Why I'm more anticipated for Vhagar vs Caraxes fight and Aemond vs Daemon air fight is because amongst almost all of the dragon battles I've read that fight was probably the most vicious and the most evenly matched fight between dragons.
The rest one dragon and Dragonrider had supremely better advantage over the other.
But Caraxes vs Vhagar is one with both dragons with numerous battle experience and among the biggest and oldest (with Vhagar being the biggest and oldest of all). Vhagar has the battle experience, age and size since it was the last surviving dragon from Aegon I Conquest campaign of Westeros. But Caraxes has the advantage of being faster and the most vicious fighting beast amongst all dragons.

Well, enough spoiling for non book readers. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:58am On Sep 25, 2022
Fvvk!!! Which kind hotness be dis bayi!!
Ahn ahn.... See beauty. shocked

This lady wan Kee me with Desire. embarassed grin kiss
Who knew Silver Blonde hair on a black could be this sexy and appetizing. Chai... grin
If I no see brezz, I fit swear for HBO. cry grin

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:02am On Sep 25, 2022
This actresses gives me vibes of breath taking performances. I'm ready for em.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DontBullshitMe: 2:04am On Sep 25, 2022
abduleez1:

Bruh, you know good content. cheesy
It's the second scene I'd love for them to portray but I'm not sure of its chances of being included that's why I didn't wanna dream much of it.

But that scene was heart breaking, the way Dreamfyre died was painful. I nearly cried reading how Dreamfyre died with all that rubble and blinded. You are forgetting it's only Dreamfyre that was able to break its chains. The other two dragons couldn't.

Yeah, I think the first death was between Aemond Targaryen and Lucerys Velaryon with their dragons Vhagar and Arrax.

Why I'm more anticipated for Vhagar vs Caraxes fight and Aemond vs Daemon air fight is because amongst almost all of the dragon battles I've read that fight was probably the most vicious and the most evenly matched fight between dragons.
The rest one dragon and Dragonrider had supremely better advantage over the other.
But Caraxes vs Vhagar is one with both dragons with numerous battle experience and among the biggest and oldest (with Vhagar being the biggest and oldest of all). Vhagar has the battle experience, age and size since it was the last surviving dragon from Aegon I Conquest campaign of Westeros. But Caraxes has the advantage of being faster and the most vicious fighting beast amongst all dragons.

Well, enough spoiling for non book readers. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
That Aemond guy really caused havoc with Vhagar mehn. He lost one of his eyes in the process of claiming Vhagar so I can't really blame him. cheesy He even claimed it was a fair exchange.

At some point during the war, only Vhagar was defending King's Landing. Rhaneyra had about 3 dragons/Dragonriders on Dragonstone but still she couldn't take King's Landing. Fear of Vhagar lol.

Before she took Kings landing, they had to trick the Wehrey to fly Vhagar out.

Okay. Let's stop spoiling for non book readers. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by femotechno(m): 2:11am On Sep 25, 2022
Gangs of London. Season 2 premier Nov 17

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DontBullshitMe: 2:15am On Sep 25, 2022
abduleez1:
This actresses gives me vibes of breath taking performances. I'm ready for em.

Black or Green?

Choose a side

I'm #TeamGreen 100%. The Great Council 101 had set a precedent. No proclamation of a king should nullify it.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:17am On Sep 25, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

That Aemond guy really caused havoc with Vhagar mehn. He lost one of his eyes in the process of claiming Vhagar so I can't really blame him. cheesy He even claimed it was a fair exchange.

At some point during the war, only Vhagar was defending King's Landing. Rhaneyra had about 3 dragons/Dragonriders on Dragonstone but still she couldn't take King's Landing. Fear of Vhagar lol.

Before she took Kings landing, they had to trick the Wehrey to fly Vhagar out.

Okay. Let's stop spoiling for non book readers. grin grin

Lol, who go see Vhagar size him no go fear.
Person wey dem say dey approach Balerion size and her shadow alone dey cover the whole King's Landing. grin

Yeah, the weyrey Aemond 'One Eye' lost his eye while fighting his 3 cousins. Na Lucerys blind him eye with dagger while they were kids. That's why Aemond use revenge killed Lucerys Velaryon (Rhaenyra's son) years later. I think that death was what started the war proper.

No Lele make we rest. The show got more thrills to give fans.
Na just say this show won't be as long as GOT. Highest this one tops out at 4 seasons.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:23am On Sep 25, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Black or Green?

Choose a side

I'm #TeamGreen 100%. The Great Council 101 had set a precedent. No proclamation of a king should nullify it.

I'm not really fond of either side cos they both did despicable things to each other.

Even with Rhaenyra's selfishness and despotic tendencies.....Well, I'm team Black. Mainly cos of Daemon and Caraxes as well as the Velaryons.
And cos I love underdog stories.

The battle of the Greens and The Blacks starts proper soonest.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:30am On Sep 25, 2022
The Witcher prequel show starts in December 25, this Christmas. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DontBullshitMe: 2:41am On Sep 25, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, who go see Vhagar size him no go fear.
Person wey dem say dey approach Balerion size and her shadow alone dey cover the whole King's Landing. grin

Yeah, the weyrey Aemond 'One Eye' lost his eye while fighting his 3 cousins. Na Lucerys blind him eye with dagger while they were kids. That's why Aemond use revenge killed Lucerys Velaryon (Rhaenyra's son) years later. I think that death was what started the war proper.

No Lele make we rest. The show got more thrills to give fans.
Na just say this show won't be as long as GOT. Highest this one tops out at 4 seasons.
4 seasons? I doubt it. With all these quick plot development and time jumps. It can't be more than 3 seasons unless they begin to take things slowly after this first season.

Yeah. You are very correct. There are so many thrills and twists in the story. I hope the show runners don't ruin things too.

BTW, Do you think Fire and Blood part 2 will ever be released by RR Martin? I read somewhere he said Fire and Blood 2 will only be written when he's done with ASOIAF book 6 & 7. 2022 don almost end, we no even see anything. I will even manage ASOIAF book 6. embarassed embarassed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:45am On Sep 25, 2022
Vikings: Valhalla S2 first look....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXpBgSer24

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:47am On Sep 25, 2022
S2 Sneak Peak.

The way ppl kinda forget about this show ehn.. except prolly it's book readers. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvIJcE_Vofs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:54am On Sep 25, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

4 seasons? I doubt it. With all these quick plot development and time jumps. It can't be more than 3 seasons unless they begin to take things slowly after this first season.

Yeah. You are very correct. There are so many thrills and twists in the story. I hope the show runners don't ruin things too.

BTW, Do you think Fire and Blood part 2 will ever be released by RR Martin? I read somewhere he said Fire and Blood 2 will only be written when he's done with ASOIAF book 6 & 7. 2022 don almost end, we no even see anything. I will even manage ASOIAF book 6. embarassed embarassed

Yeah, that why in one of my earlier post I said 3 seasons, at most 4 seasons if they're willing to slow things down and drag it a bit.

Fire and Blood part 2?? I highly doubt that with George's slow pace in finishing up on Winds of Winter. When I learnt of his plans for F&B I just dey laff, cos I know say it's virtually impossible. That's if Baba never die before he gets the chance. grin

You also know he's heavily involved with other upcoming GOT spinoffs as well as HOTD spinoff The Seasnake which focuses on Corlys Velaryon. He's gonna be writing scripts for these projects too and gonna be heavily involved bwith the showrunners. With this level of activity I'm finding it difficult how Baba wan take deliver given his past poor delivery record.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2022
abduleez1:

I need to join this show soon. Need to see that vicious family.

This and Stranger Things has been some Netflix long running shows I've been putting off watching on my watchlist.
Too many things to catch up to. embarassed
lol Your list of shows and movies to see is getting very long grin

Get on the "The Crown" asap.. Magnificent adaptation of the Reign of Queen Elizabeth II.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:16am On Sep 25, 2022
nkiliuzo:
cannot wait! Show will be weird now that we know the queen has passed away, i hope it continues after season 5!
There's a season 6 in the works, but a little pause between this and it out of respect on the occasion of the Queen's death. The S5 covers the divorce of Prince ( or King now) Charles and Princess Diana which was the period between 1992 - 1996, so there's still much story to tell from 1996 till now and this might going on till S7 or S8 at least.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2022
blingxx:
DAHMER 7/10

I wonder why America love making movies and series about murderers and psychopaths undecided ,Netflix sef
It a real life story
The guy murder 16-17 people
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2022
Baddestguyp:
pahe dot in Gotytv dot com
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2419) (2420) (2421) (2422) (2423) (2424) (2425) ... (2813) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.