Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3502522 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:35am On Apr 19, 2023
cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 10:43am On Apr 19, 2023
abduleez1:
Amazon's pricey Spy thriller is here executive produced by Joe and Anthony Russo. 😉
Interestingly it's the 2nd most expensive TV show of all time behind fellow Prime original LOTR: RoP.
With a $300mn budget it sits comfortably in second and has already been renewed for S2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4urrj-jT-k
That budget is too damn high! Wen no be fantasy series or movie. Did the bulk of budget go towards paying the Russo brothers?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2023
samistry:
That budget is too damn high! Wen no be fantasy series or movie. Did the bulk of budget go towards paying the Russo brothers?

Nope. Basically massive reshoots was done to the TV show. Creative differences with the Russo Brothers led to the showrunner and writers leaving as well as 5 episodes already shot by a different director needing reshoots. COVID shutdown also played a part in ballooning the production costs even further.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
Remember, simping kills. Stay focused, kings. cool

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Someone needs to arrest Isayama for the crime of too many parallels

Just saw this one on Twitter...crazy
Another S1 and S4 parallel

Eren Yeager is definitely one of the best written and most complex characters in fiction...

Love how he ended up doing everything he condemned

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2023
Kaycee7:
Remember, simping kills. Stay focused, kings. cool
the guy was a big môron

Just caused so many deaths cos him he woman wrapper...

See how them chop him throat comot
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:12pm On Apr 19, 2023

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cocao(f): 11:20pm On Apr 19, 2023
I need recommendations for episode-by-episode series where each episode is about a different story (although there can be general broad storyline). I don’t want to be addicted to any series. I just finished watching NCIS and that’s the kind of pace I like. Please drop your recommendations. Thank you!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 7:09am On Apr 20, 2023
Cocao:
I need recommendations for episode-by-episode series where each episode is about a different story (although there can be general broad storyline). I don’t want to be addicted to any series. I just finished watching NCIS and that’s the kind of pace I like. Please drop your recommendations. Thank you!
Delve into the NCIS franchise for starters, with NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, if you haven't seen those yet.
Then check out:
- Hawaii Five-0
- Magnum P.I (2018)
- Macgyver (2016)
- The Blacklist
- FBI

These are all crime, detective shows like NCIS. Lemme know if you want any other genres.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:51am On Apr 20, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol, Wheel of Time is in post production and they already wrapped filming since last year.
It's coming later this year.

You think they announce projects today and you'll see it released the next day? LMFAO... Bruh some projects takes at least two years upwards to get to finished product. That's the major reason networks these days quickly make a decision to renew a show they believe in for the next season and start production before the current season airs or finishes airing so as to quicken its follow up season early.

House of The Dragon that came out last year has already started filming for S2 last week. Do you think you'll smell season 2 this year? It's until 2024 you're getting a S2.
You're right, but sometimes these renewed for season 2 is just gimmick to draw in audience.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:52am On Apr 20, 2023
Kaycee7:
Delve into the NCIS franchise for starters, with NCIS: Los Angeles and NCIS: New Orleans, if you haven't seen those yet.
Then check out:
- Hawaii Five-0
- Magnum P.I (2018)
- Macgyver (2016)
- The Blacklist
- FBI

These are all crime, detective shows like NCIS. Lemme know if you want any other genres.
You forget criminal mind.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:54am On Apr 20, 2023
Cocao:
Something total different from agent and guns are.

- Love, Death and Robot.
- Cabinet of Curiosity.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
Kaycee7:
Then check out:
- Hawaii Five-0
- Magnum P.I (2018)
- Macgyver (2016)
- The Blacklist
- FBI

I need action and mystery genre
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2023
Classickj:

I need action and mystery genre
Which ones have you watched and liked?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cocao(f): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
Something total different from agent and guns are.

- Love, Death and Robot.
- Cabinet of Curiosity.

Will definitely check it out!! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cocao(f): 5:50pm On Apr 20, 2023
Kaycee7:
Then check out:
- Hawaii Five-0
- Magnum P.I (2018)
- Macgyver (2016)
- The Blacklist
- FBI

Will definitely check it out!! Thank you so much!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 20, 2023
Mandolorian seaaon 3 is very poor for me might not be seeing further season 3/10
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2023
Seems People just woke up and decided to disrespect Aang today 🤦🏽‍♂️

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 8:30pm On Apr 20, 2023
nani667:
Nah! More like somebody set my girl up for drags
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2023
nani667:
in strength or what?

Korra is mid af...she gets her àss handed to her constantly...
Although to be fair, she faced tougher opponents than Aang

Aang's final boss was an overhyped Firelord

But I still think Aang was definitely stronger

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2023
Baddestguyp:
in strength or what?

Korra is mid af...she gets her àss handed to her constantly...
Although to be fair, she faced tougher opponents than Aang

Aang's final boss was an overhyped Firelord

But I still think Aang was definitely stronger
I don't like Korra in any way but I think she is stronger than Aang. Aang is wiser though
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:08pm On Apr 20, 2023
phr0nesis:

I don't like Korra in any way but I think she is stronger than Aang. Aang is wiser though
literally anybody is wiser than Korra...
You don't need to actually be wise the be smarter than she is
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Rareoil(m): 7:05am On Apr 21, 2023
abduleez1:

Nope. Basically massive reshoots was done to the TV show. Creative differences with the Russo Brothers led to the showrunner and writers leaving as well as 5 episodes already shot by a different director needing reshoots. COVID shutdown also played a part in ballooning the production costs even further.

Of all the streaming giants amazon is the richest last year they spent $7Bn on amazon video alone, yet none of there work was in top 10 shows of last year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 7:11am On Apr 21, 2023
Baddestguyp:
literally anybody is wiser than Korra...
You don't need to actually be wise the be smarter than she is
Funny but true
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:46am On Apr 21, 2023
phr0nesis:

Funny but true
Korra was the biggest cause of her problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by teeshet: 11:28am On Apr 21, 2023
Beyond the Veil S1E1

Not your regular foreign series you love to consume. This is coming from the shores of obodo nigeria. Set in the northern part of the country, it follows the journey of five strong women trying to have their way through boundaries of culture and tradition of the land they walk on. Grab your copy now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:36am On Apr 21, 2023
Rareoil:

Of all the streaming giants amazon is the richest last year they spent $7Bn on amazon video alone, yet none of there work was in top 10 shows of last year

Not really.... Apple TV+ is the richest in terms of the vast financial muscle of its parent company. Amazon is a close second tho.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 3:22pm On Apr 21, 2023
See guys!!! You know that i say it as it is and i don't sugarcoat things and reviews, so i am just going to say it here once and for all.

There is a new Korea series called "QueenMaker"
If you are not seeing this series then you don't know what you are missing.
Drop and leave every series you are watching right now and go and watch Queen maker.

I am still in episode 3 and the series I've blown me off my feet already with lots of adrenaline rush all over my body.

Omor!!!!! Make una go watch Queen maker and thank me later.

The best series so far in 2023
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by LordAdam16: 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2023
Rareoil:

AMZ are being try-hards.

Now that the golden goose (AWS) has plateaued and much hyped ventures like Whole Foods and their entry into the Pharma market have fallen flat; they're burning through their sizable cash reserves to push growth anywhere they can.

They need to take a chill pill and consolidate. $300M for one season is bonkers.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Holav(m): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2023
8 episode 2 small oooh and pesin go wait another 2 years again 4 season 3 HBO just dey do rubbish now😕

Wow series thread about to come alive again,
Series thread just bored now nothing to discuss no series to talk about e dey hard 4 dis thread to cross 2 page in a week.

When house of dragon was airing dis thread dey cross like 3 to 5 pages in a week , I usually enjoy Dis thread, talk about it and argue even house of dragon has it own thread 2 to talk about d series.

Dis make me realise dat No TV show is better or bigger than Game of throne, I can remember when GOT was airing all my twitter page was fill with it d way people talk about and argue make me love d series more cus after I finished watching episode I go run quickly go twitter make I go see argument,
No Tv show can boast of dis popularity

I discovered nairaland GOT thread chai as I see d thread I run go back rewatch GOT back mehn I can assure dat GOT thread here in nairaland will be one of D most view thread no other series thread here can compete.

Make person introduce a series make we dey talk about jare dis thread 2 dull 😑.
abduleez1:
cool cool
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2023
Holav:
8 episode 2 small oooh and pesin go wait another 2 years again 4 season 3 HBO just dey do rubbish now😕

Wow series thread about to come alive again,
Series thread just bored now nothing to discuss no series to talk about e dey hard 4 dis thread to cross 2 page in a week.

When house of dragon was airing dis thread dey cross like 3 to 5 pages in a week , I usually enjoy Dis thread, talk about it and argue even house of dragon has it own thread 2 to talk about d series.

Dis make me realise dat No TV show is better or bigger than Game of throne, I can remember when GOT was airing all my twitter page was fill with it d way people talk about and argue make me love d series more cus after I finished watching episode I go run quickly go twitter make I go see argument,
No Tv show can boast of dis popularity

I discovered nairaland GOT thread chai as I see d thread I run go back rewatch GOT back mehn I can assure dat GOT thread here in nairaland will be one of D most view thread no other series thread here can compete.

Make person introduce a series make we dey talk about jare dis thread 2 dull 😑.
its about popularity...
And depth...

There is always something to discuss on GOT...
Not like the average shows that lack depth

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 6:46pm On Apr 21, 2023
The Diplomat

So far - 8/10

(1) (2) (3) ... (2583) (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Crownofwealth(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.