Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3503677 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hitan(m): 11:17am On Jan 16, 2016
JACK BAUER-LESS '24: LEGACY' PILOT ORDERED BY FOX

FOX looks to keep the franchise alive and running with the order of a pilot for - a new real-time adventure featuring an all-new cast of characters. The news was announced by FOX today at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour.
As the potential start of a new revamped 24 series, 24: Legacy will revolve around a military hero’s return to the U.S. and the trouble that follows him back – compelling him to ask CTU for help in saving his life, and stopping what potentially could be one of the largest-scale terror attacks on American soil. Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24), Manny Coto (24) and Evan Katz (24) will serve as executive producers.
The pilot will also retain one hour/one episode format, along with split-screens and complex interweaving storytelling that 24 fans are accustomed to. And while this is FOX attempting spin off 24 with a new hero, that doesn't mean 's couldn't appear on the series somewhere, in some capacity.
There'd been talk that FOX wanted to try out a Sutherland-free 24 for a while now, and the fact that they are only ordering a pilot, and not going straight to series, seems to indicate they want to first make sure the concept will work first.
24: Legacy will film this winter, directed by Stephen Hopkins, who was heavily involved in 24 as an ongoing director. Asked if there could be any returning characters, FOX's Dana Walden said "never say never," but none were currently planned, though there are references to characters from the past in the pilot.

Prison Break Revival Is Officially a Go: Updates on Cast, International Setting

Five months after getting a pilot script order, Fox’s Prison Break revival has been officially ordered to series — and the cast is starting to be fleshed out.

Both Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have signed on to reprise their lead roles, as brothers Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows, while TVLine hears that talks thus far are underway with both Sarah Wayne Callies (now starring on USA Network’s Colony ) and Robert Knepper , to return as Sara and T-Bag.
Miller and Purcell currently co-star on The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow, which the actors said earlier this week will dictate their window of availability for the Prison Break revival, which is tentatively set to start filming this spring. Originally eyed as a 10-episode event series, Fox is now thinking closer to nine episodes, to begin filming as soon as late March.
“The story unravels on an international landscape — it’s not a domestic [plot],” Fox co-chariman/CEO Dana Walden said. “We open on a very international contemporary-feeling story.”
Walden said that Fox’s Prison Break continuation will take place during a period of time preceding “address” the events of the straight-to-DVD epilogue, The Final Break, in which a major character met his demise. Noting how many times the characters have broken out of prison, “It’s not a documentary!” she laughed
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2016
Series I honestly can't wait for their return:

-House Of Cards (Eager to see how Frank would fare without Claire by his side)
-Daredevil (Another super villain awaits the Blind martial art savvy vigilante in Hell's Kitchen)
-Bates Motel (Norman Bate transitioning into a fully-fledged psychopath)
-Game Of Thrones (Eager to know the fate of Jon Snow and the Starks in general - rumored to be a vengeance-themed season)
-Banshee (Season 3 ended in one helluva cliffhanger)
-Orange Is The New Black (Wentworth made it look ordinary and fake tho).
-Black Mirror (An horror-themed anthology series about the occult)
-Narcos (The drug war on Colombian drug cartels and their Sicarios (hitmen) continues)
-Wentworth (Eager to see how Bea tackles the dangerous new inmate, Proctor. Her top-dog status is bound to be pushed to the limit, can't wait)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hulkhiharitoz(m): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2016
koice:

I keep telling folks that 'Wentworth' is a solid drama, but some just don't get it.

Have you watched 'Bad Girls'? Also try to see
'Bedlam', 'Weeds', 'The L word' & 'Oz'.

I just finished Wentworth ...
God go bless you.

That drama sweet die.
I will recommend it for anyone .

Can't wait for season4

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KINGOFJAPAN: 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2016
Because of banshee I now see flat chested gals differently grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KINGOFJAPAN: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2016
koice:
Series I honestly can't wait for their return:

-House Of Cards (Eager to see how Frank would fare without Claire by his side)
-Daredevil (Another super villain awaits the Blind martial art savvy vigilante in Hell's Kitchen)
-Bates Motel (Norman Bate transitioning into a fully-fledged psychopath)
-Game Of Thrones (Eager to know the fate of Jon Snow and the Starks in general - rumored to be a vengeance-themed season)
-Banshee (Season 3 ended in one helluva cliffhanger)

-Orange Is The New Black (Wentworth made it look ordinary and fake tho).
-Black Mirror (An horror-themed anthology series about the occult)
-Narcos (The drug war on Colombian drug cartels and their Sicarios (hitmen) continues)
-Wentworth (Eager to see how Bea tackles the dangerous new inmate, Proctor. Her top-dog status is bound to be pushed to the limit, can't wait)
Any idea when season 4 is coming out?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 16, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:
Because of banshee I now see flat chested gals differently grin grin

You don't mean it . cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2016
darkenedrebel:

You don't mean it . cheesy
Yes ooo... Banshee s.exx scenes are on another level grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ultimatesammie(m): 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2016
still waiting for shannara chronicles.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:09am On Jan 17, 2016
2 Broke Girls.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 12:21am On Jan 17, 2016
Elementary.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ymodulus: 12:44am On Jan 17, 2016
Yes.

24 and Prison break is coming back again. - Fox.

However no jack Bauer this time
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Humblebloke(m): 8:11am On Jan 17, 2016
The shannara chronicles
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 17, 2016
KINGOFJAPAN:

Any idea when season 4 is coming out?

A date hasn't been fix yet, but the trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7ko0O6SVM

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 17, 2016
cao:
Elementary.

I don't like John Lee Miller's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes at all, and how come Watson was made an Asian woman? Americans are a crazy bunch, ah swear!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 17, 2016
Ymodulus:
Yes.

24 would be welcomed, Prison Break not so much. Since Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield) came out as gay few years back, he lost quite a few fans in the process. Let's just say his star power is not what it used to be.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hilda90(f): 9:53am On Jan 17, 2016
koice:

24 would be welcomed, Prison Break not so much. Since Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield) came out as gay few years back, he lost quite a few fans in the process. Let's just say his star power is not what it used to be.
yeah,I agree with you.if you see the way I was crushing on that guy while watching prison break ehn.I was really disappointed when I found out he was gay.All the fine boys for America na gay.Even my favourite Westlife member Mark feehily.Nawa o.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Strawman: 10:03am On Jan 17, 2016
Fans of DC Comics should join me and watch CW's The Flash, Arrow, Gotham and Supergirl!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 17, 2016
koice:

for him to come out is not easy, this is where his fans should stand by him more and not judge him.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moris01(m): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=Ymodulus post=42049199]Yes.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by moris01(m): 10:45am On Jan 17, 2016
Ymodulus:
Yes.

boss Pls I need to speak with u, u can
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by khattab008: 11:29am On Jan 17, 2016
koice:

Misfits?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by uptimum123(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
koice:

A date hasn't been fix yet, but the trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK7ko0O6SVM

This one na trailer for ur eye
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
UjSizzle,

I saw the Rap game in the wee hours of the morning. It's a quasi-reality show... I'm so disappointed...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
Highly anticipating the presidential debate taking place in Charleston, South Carolina. ...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
uptimum123:

This one na trailer for ur eye

I must have posted the wrong link then. If you really want it, it's on YouTube.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
tollyB:
for him to come out is not easy, this is where his fans should stand by him more and not judge him.

It wasn't a smart move from him at all. It was a hasty decision, probably he was feeling depressed or something... what he failed to grasped then was the fact that Americans are inherently homophobic. Their media would portray otherwise but in actuality, it's all lies.

Now, every major movie and television executive are tactfully avoiding him, cuz right now, he's basically a risk factor.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
hilda90:

yeah,I agree with you.if you see the way I was crushing on that guy while watching prison break ehn.I was really disappointed when I found out he was gay.All the fine boys for America na gay.Even my favourite Westlife member Mark feehily.Nawa o.

He lost many female fans but more male fans. A lot didn't take the revelation well.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
koice:

I don't like John Lee Miller's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes at all, and how come Watson was made an Asian woman? Americans are a crazy bunch, ah swear!
Frankly, I'm okay with the changes. Yes, I wasn't the biggest fan of the pilot, but the show is good. I also like their version of Moriarty - nice twist, deviation & amalgamation.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 3:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
The Expanse.
This show with its twists and turns, everybody has an angle.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
I'll start seeing Shameless (US) when the episode exceeds more than 6 in number.

Still on Misfits. smiley Damn, but I'm a bit of slow watcher, aren't I? angry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by UjSizzle(f): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2016
darkenedrebel:
UjSizzle,

I saw the Rap game in the wee hours of the morning. It's a quasi-reality show... I'm so disappointed...

That's a disappointment. Bye bye Rap Game.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
cao:

Frankly, I'm okay with the changes. Yes, I wasn't the biggest fan of the pilot, but the show is good. I also like their version of Moriarty - nice twist, deviation & amalgamation.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle is probably rolling around in his grave at the gross bastardization of his literal conception by the arrogant Americans. CBS unique take on Sherlock Holmes may be fresh and interesting, but to someone that had read all the novels and a hardcore fan of the more original BBC series, this version of Sherlock commentary is an abject slap-in-the-face.

^^^ Watson a woman? Lmao.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Alienist and 3 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54