Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3502779 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (2814) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by khattab008: 11:30am On Jul 15, 2016
Emmyk:

What's the topic of discussion?
What did he come and do in Nigeria.
Hope not dr u gs or insurgency? grin grin

It's not new that Nigeria is mentioned in Hollywood movies or series...

Please, what's the name of the series?

I love anything from Denzel.

That's not Denzel but Dennis Heysbert, he didn't come from Nigeria, the driver only said it to allow him pass a checkpoint without papers to meet a rebel Leader. He was sent by president(us o not naija) undercover.

The Unit is the name of the series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 11:38am On Jul 15, 2016
Kaycee7:
Did you just call Daredevil childish? Did you just compare it to Supergirl and Arrow? How dare you?

* Picks up phone and texts The Punisher *
lol.. what do you expect.
I get that by some extra normal circumstances a blind man can get extra sensitive and know what someone ate 2 days ago, become a walking lie detector, and walk without aid...but,
How can he know a nail is in front of his face, where a trash can is 10 storeys below or beat up a gang of trained guards with guns
Its a nice show but it became too unrealistic. I enjoyed it sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 15, 2016
Girl weh Marco Polo don tear. grin grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Am so glad some people are proud of their series... I believe a lot of people are even watching the ones I feel they scrap but my brother if its making u happy enjoy.. ..and also share to us why we should like it.. .

I have orphan black Season 1-3 but I never watched it coz I its hard for me..

I have game of thrones season 1-6 but managed to watch the episode one of season one

I have banshee I have watched only episode one of season one..

Pls some one should tell me y I should keep on people said the series make sense but am yet to find it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 12:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Evalily:
2 broke girls.....its the best comedy series ever.....laugh my heart out whenever am watching.

Who knows of any similar comedy series? would love to know

Not the best for me.. .

TRy

*HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

*THE BIG BANG THEORY (BEST WORLD WIDE)

*FRIENDS WITH BETTER LIFES

*YOUNG AND HUNGRY ( flash my number when u stop laughing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Evalily:
2 broke girls.....its the best comedy series ever.....laugh my heart out whenever am watching.

Not the best for me.. .

TRy

*HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

*THE BIG BANG THEORY (BEST COMEDY WORLD WIDE)

*YOUNG AND HUNGRY ( flash my number when u stop laughing )
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bratking:

my top 3 are..

1. breaking bad
2. the wire
3. sopranos

the rest of the top 10:

4. the shield
5. oz
6. 24
7. prison break
8. masters of horror
9. veep
10. Newsroom

top 20

11. ray donovan
12. alias
13. the unit
14. the leftovers
15. strike back
16. the walking dead
17. hannibal
18. the office(us)
19. the Americans
20. fargo

top 30

21. true detective(season 1)
22. narcos
23. the mentalist
24. fringe
25. american horror story
26. penny dreadful
27. true blood
28. desperate housewives
29. banshee(season 1-3)
30. wentworth

top 40

31. vikings
32. suits
33. better call saul
34. person of interests
35. house of cards(us) (season 1&2)
36. hustle
37. elementary
38. kingdom
39. masters of sex
40. sherlock

top 50

41. supernatural(season 1-8 )
42. the blacklist
43. halt and catch fire
44. covert affairs
45. the sanctuary
46. house of lies
47. daredevil
48. game of thrones
49. orange is the new black (season 1&2)
50. rescue me
In series your a boss oo.. i'm probably still in kindergarten lol. Top 50!!
I agree with 1-3. BB is king! sopranos and the wire are up there too tho I've never seen them.
Nos 31-35,42 and 48 raised my brows. Especially 35. HOC should be in top 10 or 20 at least. Plus I get GOT is overhyped but its still better than 48 nah..even daredevil tops it.
All in all I the list is okay. i'm going to check out the shield, the unit, masters of horror, fargo and the leftovers. I was already about to see veep and penny dreadful.

Who has any thought on this list?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Evalily(f): 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
FRIENDS WITH BETTER LIVES - not funny to me
Androidking:
Evalily:

Not the best for me.. .

TRy

*HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

*THE BIG BANG THEORY (BEST WORLD WIDE)

*YOUNG AND HUNGRY ( flash my number when u stop laughing
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2016
Androidking:

I want u to know u don't have to care about what any body in the thread say about d series u like or hate.. If u like a series u say Ur mind if u don't like u say Ur mind. Too. Every one of us can not like all films out der.. And I don't even know how most of us her check when talking about a good movie. ..my first and only important thing is the writers mind and the theme of the film.. Some films will have nice idea but no fund to make it epic.. Mr robot is somehow dull (for those who like shooting and military films)...but that doesn't mean its not superb...let me give u instance..

For person watching... STRIKE BACK..24...And other action films or shooting films will find it had to adjust watching Mr robot. .devious maids.. Desperate house wives... They are all nice films so for u to say a movie is not good or bad u must finish it.... Or already finish d season one.... ..

The last man on earth was so boring in the beginning but as u move on u can't stop... .my advice when u see a new film and u like the trailer try to download about 6 episodes once.. .
Yeah man. I get what you mean but that statement was made on a lighter note. This is cyberspace nah..
I've not watched that show cos it doesn't appeal to me. I've heard the argument for and against and I've seen its not my type.
Whenever I get excess mb I'll see what the priyanka chopra ish is all about.
i'm more of action (not senseless shooting),twisted drama, a bit of comedy and something advanced n mature.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Emmyk(m): 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2016
khattab008:

That's not Denzel but Dennis Heysbert, he didn't come from Nigeria, the driver only said it to allow him pass a checkpoint without papers to meet a rebel Leader. He was sent by president(us o not naija) undercover.

The Unit is the name of the series.

Ahah! I thought that was Denzel! I had to Google that name before I believed you.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Androidking: 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bobbybube:

Yeah man. I get what you mean but that statement was made on a lighter note. This is cyberspace nah..
I've not watched that show cos it doesn't appeal to me. I've heard the argument for and against and I've seen its not my type.
Whenever I get excess mb I'll see what the priyanka chopra ish is all about.
i'm more of action (not senseless shooting),twisted drama, a bit of comedy and something advanced n mature.

I guess we all have a way of choosing films.. .. Quantico is still on top 20

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bobbybube:

I get that by some extra normal circumstances a blind man can get extra sensitive and know what someone ate 2 days ago, become a walking lie detector, and walk without aid...but,
How can he know a nail is in front of his face, where a trash can is 10 storeys below or beat up a gang of trained guards with guns
I was preparing to write an epistle, then I noticed the bolded. As for me, so far as it's on a screen, I don't expect reality. Just be artistic.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 4:48pm On Jul 15, 2016
Bobbybube:

In series your a boss oo.. i'm probably still in kindergarten lol. Top 50!!
hehehe.
I started watching series a long time o. I knew when supernatural, angel, dark angel, oz, oc, smallville, buffy the vampire slayer, x files and other classics started. I was there when most of them ran their course and few continued to the present day.

Bobbybube:

I agree with 1-3. BB is king! sopranos and the wire are up there too tho I've never seen them.
Nos 31-35,42 and 48 raised my brows. Especially 35. HOC should be in top 10 or 20 at least. Plus I get GOT is overhyped but its still better than 48 nah..even daredevil tops it.
when you've watched quite a few series like myself, pernicketiness becomes the norm. in other words I'm very picky.
hoc is a solid political drama but alas it's strongest points were also it's weakest. it's too political and have negligible humor. there's little to no comic relief and to top it all, the theme is too narrow. intrigue is also in short supply. looking at all this, there's no way in hell hoc would have broken into my top 20..maybe if hoc had aired in the era of one tree hill I would have had a better appreciative perspective as it would have offered a far less fickle look at human nature. in this present era however, with pure quality stuffs stuffs like hannibal, the leftover, veep, the americans e tal, I'm afraid hoc doesn't stand a chance.

got is criminally overhyped joor. I'm one for strong boring dialogue but got takes it too far. with them it becomes too tedious. almost a punishment to watch. don't even get me started on the poorly choreographed fight scenes..compared to spartacus's, got artistic teams are quite the underachievers. 48 is the perfect spot for it. either that or I swap it for black sails at 51. grin

Bobbybube:

All in all I the list is okay. i'm going to check out the shield, the unit, masters of horror, fargo and the leftovers. I was already about to see veep and penny dreadful.f it had aired 10 years ago

good list there mehn. make sure u check them all out. masters of horror will surely blow your mind cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 5:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
the comeback cheesy

starring lisa kudrow from friends & web therapy. crazy chick grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by khattab008: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2016
Emmyk:

Ahah! I am thought that was Denzel! I had to Google that name before I believed you.

Lol, apparently a lot of people thought so too.

They kinda look alike though.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2016
Just downloaded 2 Broke girls season 1 ep 1, lemme see if it lives up to the hype
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by therealrajgupta: 8:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
Gangs of Wasseypur
Game of Thrones
Arrow
&
The Man with Two First Names:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRZHeZ6WwAY
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by olatunji390(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2016
bykebyke:
Girl weh Marco Polo don tear. grin grin grin

Which series is this
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2016
olatunji390:

Which series is this
Marco Polo.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SIRcumalot: 12:31am On Jul 16, 2016
the poorly choreographed fight
scenes..
in GOT?
mehn we all like what we like but this is the first time someone is pointing out fighting choreography as a knock GOT.
and to compare it to Spartacus?
you must really enjoy the way the camera slows down and speeds up back when they fight.
@bratking
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bobbybube(m): 12:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Bratking:

hehehe.
I started watching series a long time o. I knew when supernatural, angel, dark angel, oz, oc, smallville, buffy the vampire slayer, x files and other classics started. I was there when most of them ran their course and few continued to the present day.

when you've watched quite a few series like myself, pernicketiness becomes the norm. in other words I'm very picky.
hoc is a solid political drama but alas it's strongest points were also it's weakest. it's too political and have negligible humor. there's little to no comic relief and to top it all, the theme is too narrow. intrigue is also in short supply. looking at all this, there's no way in hell hoc would have broken into my top 20..maybe if hoc had aired in the era of one tree hill I would have had a better appreciative perspective as it would have offered a far less fickle look at human nature. in this present era however, with pure quality stuffs stuffs like hannibal, the leftover, veep, the americans e tal, I'm afraid hoc doesn't stand a chance.

got is criminally overhyped joor. I'm one for strong boring dialogue but got takes it too far. with them it becomes too tedious. almost a punishment to watch. don't even get me started on the poorly choreographed fight scenes..compared to spartacus's, got artistic teams are quite the underachievers. 48 is the perfect spot for it. either that or I swap it for black sails at 51. grin

good list there mehn. make sure u check them all out. masters of horror will surely blow your mind cheesy
i'm a "picker " too when it comes to series. Hoc is obviously too uptight but so is Hannibal to an extent. I guess its different strokes.
I even prefer black sails to Got. its very plain yet captivating. Nothing too elaborate.
I don't want to start talking about such dry fight scenes in Got. Nothing to keep you at the edge of your seat like spartarcus(as u said), 300 movie etc. upon all the money they spend!!
i'll see the shows... when I get time and do a review. I know of American horror story and one gothic show like that but I'd not really heard of masters of horror... i'm looking forward to it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 2:04am On Jul 16, 2016
Stranger Things.

I might have made a mistake...yup...there goes sleep.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 2:57am On Jul 16, 2016
cao:
Stranger Things.

I might have made a mistake...yup...there goes sleep.
Wow..A solid 9.3/10 on IMDb. shocked
Comes from Netflix too. shocked shocked
I deh your back. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:28am On Jul 16, 2016
Bobbybube:

You do know Daredevil is a comic book character, right? Talking about realistic. Next thing, you'll tell us that Luke Cage's impenetrable skin is not realistic and that mutants of the X-Men universe are also not realistic. Of course, they're not, Captain Obvious. That's why you're supposed to suspend your disbelief.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 4:33am On Jul 16, 2016
bykebyke:

Wow..A solid 9.3/10 on IMDb. shocked
Comes from Netflix too. shocked shocked
I deh your back. grin grin
On the third episode. I'm very intrigued, so sleep is now very delayed.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2016
SIRcumalot:

in GOT?
mehn we all like what we like but this is the first time someone is pointing out fighting choreography as a knock GOT.
and to compare it to Spartacus?
you must really enjoy the way the camera slows down and speeds up back when they fight.
@bratking

yeah that's cutting edge. highly innovative. the first time it was used was in the movie 300, then Spartacus borrowed the idea and implemented it successfully. got seemed drab by comparison to be honest.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 7:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Bobbybube:

i'm a "picker " too when it comes to series. Hoc is obviously too uptight but so is Hannibal to an extent. I guess its different strokes.
I even prefer black sails to Got. its very plain yet captivating. Nothing too elaborate.
I don't want to start talking about such dry fight scenes in Got. Nothing to keep you at the edge of your seat like spartarcus(as u said), 300 movie etc. upon all the money they spend!!
i'll see the shows... when I get time and do a review. I know of American horror story and one gothic show like that but I'd not really heard of masters of horror... i'm looking forward to it.

hannibal is anything but "uptight" to borrow your phrase. this is a show that has a lot of things going on..drama, mystery intrigue, suspense, and even a little romance thrown into the mix. it started a little slow but finally settled into a winning rhythm towards the ending of season 1.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 8:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Bratking:

yeah that's cutting edge. highly innovative. the first time it was used was in the movie 300, then Spartacus borrowed the idea and implemented it successfully. got seemed drab by comparison to be honest.
you should play RYSE SON OF ROME grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 9:01am On Jul 16, 2016
That was one intense 8 hour session. #StrangerThings
I'm just gonna have Fringe playing in the background, 'cause ST got me craving Walter Bishop's voice & antics, and of course the freakiness of Fringe. The melting/melted passengers of the pilot always get me everytime.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 10:55am On Jul 16, 2016
the ranch
will download stranger things tonight.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bratking(m): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Singapore1:
you should play RYSE SON OF ROME grin

unfortunately I'm not a gamer. but I might check out the youtube gameplay vids if only to get the general idea.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Singapore1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bratking:

unfortunately I'm not a gamer. but I might check out the youtube gameplay vids if only to get the general idea.
oh yeah !!! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (2814) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Musty112 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.