Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? (20613 Views)

I want to buy phone if you know you sell UK used phone get in here / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by UncleKoboko: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2021
No
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2021
The screen will crack

And will start melting after 7 months
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by womenareapess: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:
My battle to leave social media (especially Facebook) has gotten to another level, so i think the only way i can win is to buy small phone and dump my android for atleast 6 months.

i have the opportunity to do it now that i traveled to visit my family members, so I want to drop the phone here and travel back to my base, with this, there won't be any temptation of switching it on to check anything online.

my question is, if I left the phone unused for 6 months,will anything happen to it? during the years of Walkman CD, i left mine and traveled to Lagos, spent only 2 months, on coming home, it's no longer working

is my phone safe for 6 months unused?
(tecno spark 3)
apply common sense to this simple situation. Sell the phone undecided

After 6 month I'm sure you would have gotten the money to buy another phone. Or is it that you are sharing close relationship with poverty? undecided

1 Like

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by DoingBetter: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2021
Why not just delete your Facebook account permanently? Once it’s done, you’d have to create a new account and add people again. It won’t be like the first one. Even if you do that, you’ll find it tiring to keep deleting and creating new account and you’d eventually give it up. That was worked for me. Once I lost my first account, it was no longer that interesting. But you’d have to be patient for the waiting period it takes to delete the account. That’s the tough part.

2 Likes

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by emdis: 11:24am On Aug 21, 2021
All you have to do is sell the phone. And put the money in a piggy vest or something... What will you do with spark3 after 6 month from now...
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Gate050: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:
My battle to leave social media (especially Facebook) has gotten to another level, so i think the only way i can win is to buy small phone and dump my android for atleast 6 months.

i have the opportunity to do it now that i traveled to visit my family members, so I want to drop the phone here and travel back to my base, with this, there won't be any temptation of switching it on to check anything online.

my question is, if I left the phone unused for 6 months,will anything happen to it? during the years of Walkman CD, i left mine and traveled to Lagos, spent only 2 months, on coming home, it's no longer working

(tecno spark 3)
You don't need to keep your phone away. First is, delete, your Facebook account and wipe your phone to factory settings. Then put in a sim card you don't have data on it. That's all. I was so addicted to social media till I deleted my Facebook account. Now I only use Gmail and with the new update on Gmail app, you can check your mails and always chat with anybody because I believe everyone have Gmail.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ProGSM(m): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:
i won't even have access to the phone to charge it once in a month.

i want to leave the phone here and travel back to where I base

Are you going to space?

1 Like

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by highoctane: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)
If it's an inbuilt battery charge it to 100% restart and switch it off, if it's detachable, charge and remove the battery, but wrap it up with cellophane. The battery will likely drop to 85%
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by yunqdady: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2021
Bodmum:
travel for 6 months +, you no get work ni?
Use ur brain before you type
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by linearity: 11:32am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

It will be okay, but it is advisable to remove the batteries and store it separately.

Alternatively, put a piece of paper or something in between the battery leds and phone contacts…but it most preferable to just take the battery out completely.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:34am On Aug 21, 2021
It'll spoil and rotten grin
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by MICHEALADEX(m): 11:36am On Aug 21, 2021
Nha desert you wan follow
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 21, 2021
yunqdady:

Use ur brain before you type
latest ode
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Kingsean(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

you need social media now more than ever before. You need to keep yourself up to date with what is happening around in this country
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by West2019(m): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2021
Don't sub
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Genesils(m): 12:02pm On Aug 21, 2021
Hi, is there any chance you could lend out the phone to someone?
Just for the person to use it for schooling activities and work.

Don't mind if you'd like to get paid monthly for the use and the person will sign an undertaking please.

It's just urgent and she has no other hope or option at the moment.
Thanks
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Cousin9999: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2021
It'll divorce you, get a bbl, get a luxurious wig, and become the slay queen it always wanted. Then you'll feel sorry for neglecting it when it's a rich influencer dating footballers and sipping champagne on a yacht off the coast of Spain.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by TruthUntold: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Gadafii:
Naso war go break out somewhere and you won't be aware cos you want to abstain from social Media, Nawa for you oo

I don't have answer for you question, maybe you should go the company you bought the phone from

war will break out huhuhahaheh, you funny die �
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by mechanics(m): 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
To leave the phone without charge will affect the battery, since it's inbuilt.
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by kessiah: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
you think that will solve the issue, when you return, it will be worst than before, ask masturbators
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by babyfaceafrica: 12:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Gate050:

You don't need to keep your phone away. First is, delete, your Facebook account and wipe your phone to factory settings. Then put in a sim card you don't have data on it. That's all. I was so addicted to social media till I deleted my Facebook account. Now I only use Gmail and with the new update on Gmail app, you can check your mails and always chat with anybody because I believe everyone have Gmail.
He is running from temptation
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by babyfaceafrica: 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
Kingsean:

you need social media now more than ever before. You need to keep yourself up to date with what is happening around in this country
This isn't entirely true, social media is distracting and addictive, sometimes one needs time alone without Internet.. Just touchlight phone for calls

1 Like

Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by dreamwords: 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
The battery will swell up
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 21, 2021
leave it for 1 month, it wil get stolen
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Kokaine(m): 12:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)
make sure the battery is fully charged, then switch it off. That's all.

Its an empty battery that spoils when unused for a while
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by LMS1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
clarkmos15:
Watch a video on YouTube on how to remove the battery
hi, the macbook in your signature, pls post the specs and pics here with location
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by clarkmos15(m): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2021
LMS1:
hi, the macbook in your signature, pls post the specs and pics here with location
Please DM on whatsapp
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Effulgent(m): 1:32pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

What's the essence of leaving something only to come back to it later.

when you come back to it, I bet, you will be more addicted .. better save yourself money and unnecessary stress.

one month, three months are good, at least for mental health or anything else but 6 months? Just enjoy life when you still have it. Though with caution
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ityP(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
officialfestus:
nothing will happen but you'll have to buy another battery after 6 months.

Why, if I may ask?
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by ityP(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2021
OGraffix:

Nothing will happen to the phone....but consider that when next u going to take back the phone, just prepare to change the battery...

Why, if I may ask?
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Lexusgs430: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
lastchild:

(tecno spark 3)

By the time you eventually return, FB would still be around........

Your best bet is delete FB, and be disciplined enough........

What cannot talk and breathe, should not be dictating/ruling your life.....

Discipline is KEY........ wink
Re: Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? by Akuruoulo(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
Snitch24:
Sell it now that it still has value
Buy another one when u r ready
Brains no go kill u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's The Magic Behind Sim Cards / Here Are All The Leaked 7.1 Os For Your Blackberry / GLO Glo Campus Booster: New Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.