Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin (25770 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Kumuyi On Women Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2021
let's ponder on the topic...are you trying to say the aforementioned isn't a sin?
Alohaa:

A priest marrying is not a sin
Its just s law guiding their life
Just like someone choosing to be celibate, you can’t call that a sin... yeah?
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Mrpojj(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
This Catholic priest must be a real niggar...

I love the fact he stated drinking enough beer is not a sin.....

Bar man give me more bottles this Sunday morning
As a real niggar I understand that the word of God warms the soul but only a good beer warms the belly....

This is why sometimes I will always say Catholicism over pentecostalism anyday anytime twice on Sunday morning

Alcohol is not sin
But it's shameful to fall inside gutter, and sleep on road side, or beat up ur Mama wen drunk
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by giles14(m): 11:38am On Aug 22, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Did God create dress codes for each gender? The Scots wear skirts called kilts is that also rebellion against God?
u dey mind blind people,I bet they don't know heels both low and high was created by the french for their noble men and it's military.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by jmoore(m): 11:38am On Aug 22, 2021
Psoul:

Dear brother, what are the men's or women's clothes during the period this commandment was made.
I still get troubled by this commandment. Can u clear me more on it pls.

You are asking the right question to the wrong person.

Use google for research on mode of dressing back in the days.

Check the pictures of Roman soldiers and Egyptian soldiers, they all wore skirts to fight. Which means men wore skirts back in the days.

Trouser was invented to ease flow of movement.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by NigeriaLimited: 11:41am On Aug 22, 2021
It's just a piece of coat
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Bible says, a Man shall not put on a woman's Garment neither should a woman put on a man's garment. All that do such are Abomination to GOD.
You don't need an angel, Prophet or seer to tell you what is men clothing or women clothing except you wanna Deceive yourself.

No Matter what we argue and say this or say that. We can only Deceive Ourselves, we cannot Deceive GOD. The Foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of Men.
Everyone will stand before GOD.

Eternity is a very Serious Matter! It is a Personal Race so do not let anyone irrespective of title or Position make you miss your place in Eternity.

Nobody will answer or speak for you before GOD.

So Get the Word of GOD ( The Holy Bible) and stick to what it says not what Man thinks.

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
Don't play with your Eternity
Does the Bible also differentiate men's wears from that of women?
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by symbianDON(m): 11:47am On Aug 22, 2021
misterjosh:

Do you know there are some cultures where men actually put on skirts?
I am sure he doesn't know that traditionally bini men and urhobo men wear wrappers!
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Evidenx(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2021
I see many people hailing this priest for the nonsense he wrote..
And i see more people going to hell fire because of this statement from the father.

This i have seen.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by eedimo(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Bible says, a Man shall not put on a woman's Garment neither should a woman put on a man's garment. All that do such are Abomination to GOD.
You don't need an angel, Prophet or seer to tell you what is men clothing or women clothing except you wanna Deceive yourself.
I thought you had small sense

2 Likes

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by tete7000(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

No Matter what we argue and say this or say that. We can only Deceive Ourselves, we cannot Deceive GOD. The Foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of Men.

Eternity is a very Serious Matter! It is a Personal Race so do not let anyone irrespective of title or Position make you miss your place in Eternity.

So Get the Word of GOD ( The Holy Bible) and stick to what it says not what Man thinks.

Heaven is Real
Hell is real

If you come from Scotland, will the cultural skirt worn by men a man's or woman's clothing. If you come from the middle east, will trouser for women be misnomer?

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Hapinex01: 11:51am On Aug 22, 2021
A pastor for that matter
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by tete7000(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2021
Jesus said "The son of man came eating and drinking, they called him drunkard and glutton, friend of sinners". Did Jesus drink or how could people have called him drunkard if they didn't see him sip alcoholic drink?
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by purples25(f): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real

But is it stated in the Bible that trousers are specifically a men's wear? There have been male and female trousers since the beginning of time. There are also those that wear skirts, e.g the Scottish men. Why would we now interpret, turn a blind eye to history, and say trousers are all for men? There have always been trousers for women. The trousers women wear are not actually made for men to wear.

2 Likes

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by belovedsonofGod: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

It's yourself you are doing not me.
!
grin cheesy
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by belovedsonofGod: 11:55am On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Since the Bible did not specifically mention trousers or skirts. Buy skirts for your sons or brothers to put on.

grin cheesy
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Dwizeone: 11:56am On Aug 22, 2021
Why I appreciate your consistent work of evangelism here I will want to make a certain clarification. The scripture you quoted is explicit. There are certain things we hold as dogma and put ourselves in a box. A woman’s clothing is a woman’s clothing. You cannot say woman clothing is a man’s clothing by your beliefs. Now the most important things, I will add that women should dress decently, whether it is trouser or skirt, that’s the message I will preach and not trouser wearing.

We try to put ourselves in a box that God isn’t interested in. Your life as a true disciple of God is what matters and not one mundane trouser wearing teaching which is not consistent with the scripture. Forget that you’re in African, so you mean Copeland, Joyce Meyer and the likes commit sin by wearing trousers ? No, they don’t my friend.
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Numerouno94(m): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2021
Lovenorth:
Pastors and ladies grin grin, they don't have shame, their religion permitted all atrocities

Like ur religion supports terrorism undecided
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Crunchyg2: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2021
Basicend:

Bro,

Bible also says that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.

God says I shall put my laws in their hearts and in their minds will I write them.

God now works and judges with men / women according to the knowledge of his words in their conscience. That is the new testament.

Wearing trousers is not a sin, but the motive is a sin most times. If you are wearing it to seduce and bring men down, it becomes a sin.

This is where temperance comes in which must be applied by the shepherd.

Please pray that holy spirit should beam light of his word to you as you read it always.

that righteousness2 is very stubborn and the problem is, he believes he is the only one that knows it all, so doesn't even correct or try to learn when you point out something to him. Which is really bad
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Numerouno94(m): 12:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
Christianity a.k.a Religion of the everlasting IDIOTS

Islam a.k.a religion of everlasting terrorism wink
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by sylve11: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sacredness:
[color=#000099]

Lol grin cool

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
A PAGAN PRIEST IN CHRISTIAN CLOTHING WILL ALWAYS BE ANTI BIBLE.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Numerouno94(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2021
Crunchyg2:
that righteousness2 is very stubborn and the problem is, he believes he is the only one that knows it all, so doesn't even correct or try to learn when you point out something to him. Which is really bad

That's how most deeperlife members behave, so not surprised.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Liposure: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
symbianDON:
I personally respect most of your views on nairaland but I must say I totally disagree with your view this time. The questions for you are simple:
1. In certain cultures (the Spanish for example) the traditional apparel for men is the skirt and a jacket; are those men all hell-bound who wear them?
2. Many females, these days, wear boxers (supposedly male apparel); are these category of women all hell-bound?
3. There are female trousers....specifically sewn for women; should they be categorized as male apparel? For example, can you put them on (I am guessing you are male)?
The context of the scripture cautioning against wearing apparel belonging to the opposite sex is based on cross-dressing where the wearer seeks to be potrayed as the opposite sex e.g. folks like Bobrisky. In essence, when a male wears trousers meant.for males, there's isn't any wrong done and when a female wears trousers meant for females, there isn't anything wrong either. However, moderation is key.
Besides, women are natural cross dressers
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by sharpwriter(m): 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2021
IronGalaxy:
even Vikings and a host of other cultures. Zulu men even wear earrings
Na Zulu men you only see? Zulu is still far.
The Bible made it clear that the ancient Israelites also used earrings.

Exodus 32:2, 3 shows that they had earrings with them and their wives, sons and daughters used them. It was these earrings that Aaron used to make golden calf for them.

Later, you would think they had stopped using it. But see Exodus 35:22. It shows that after the golden calf saga, they still had some gold and earrings with them and they offered it as Offerings of gold unto God.

Then see Numbers 31:50, they still had it and offered oblation / offerings to God.

So who's fooling who?

That's why I said Zulu too far. God's favorite Israel is the better case study to counter those foolish and ignorant preaching of terming gold and earrings as sin.

Many of these preachers are very ignorant. They don't even know all of the old testament not to talk of knowing how the 66 books came to be used in Christianity today, but you see them Lording and teaching nonsense over others.

If person no dey bold to read and adhere to what he reads, dem go just turn person to Mugu grin

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by sylve11: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
PUSSYHOE:
grin

When is comes to vagina men can bend the law, create new law, manipulate law because toto sweet and they don't want the supply to stop from women.

You said it all.

cool
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Love55freas(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
you're right sir
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by endy69: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sacredness:
the question is what Is now a SIN No biblical backup to his claims. Marrying as a priest shouldn't be a Sin instead undecidedabi na?
Hope this is not a sin, oga priests? Nonses
Among all he listed mention the one that's a sin and back it up biblically since he failed to do so.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by sylve11: 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
ODJ124:
sad

Seconded.... Trousers can actually save your from being raped easily... Esp in a situation where it's a struggle.. Or room to escape..

Thread seen..

Imagine where your mind go. Na wa o embarassed cool
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by olmoRoc: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
MrCover:
"Wearing trousers for ladies is not a sin. Paying tithe is not a ticket to heaven" - Nigerian Catholic priest advises people to emancipate themselves from falsehoods, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , The Malawi-based Nigerian Catholic priest, Fr. Kelvin Ugwu has advised people to emancipate themselves from superstitious beliefs and certain falsehoods including ones surrounding paying of tithes.

According to the priest, wearing of trousers by women is not a sin and neither is paying tithe a ticket to heaven.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=362966101953881&id=100047214812954

Those who can read should learn the truth. It takes a lot to learn the manner of misinterpretation of the Holy Scripture and brainwashing in Christiandom.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Ohraybs(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real

You have a point here my brother,but let us all look at it critically , were there trousers or boxers during Jesus era! Why giving ourselves headache,a lady can put on trouser and feel comfortable in it while it’s in appropriate for a man to wear skirts or blouse! Don’t quote bible that you yourself don’t understand! I come
In peace
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by IronGalaxy: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2021
sharpwriter:

Na Zulu men you only see? Zulu is still far.
The Bible made it clear that the ancient Israelites also used earrings.

Exodus 32:2, 3 shows that they had earrings with them and their wives, sons and daughters used them. It was these earrings that Aaron used to make golden calf for them.

Later, you would think they had stopped using it. But see Exodus 35:22. It shows that after the golden calf saga, they still had some gold and earrings with them and they offered it as Offerings of gold unto God.

Then see Numbers 31:50, they still had it and offered oblation / offerings to God.

So who's fooling who?

That's why I said Zulu too far. God's favorite Israel is the better case study to counter those foolish and ignorant preaching of terming gold and earrings as sin.

Many of these preachers are very ignorant. They don't even know all of the old testament not to talk of knowing how the 66 books came to be used in Christianity today, but you see them Lording and teaching nonsense over others.

If person no dey bold to read and adhere to what he reads, dem go just turn person to Mugu grin
What's this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Loveworld AffirmationTrain / Things You Need To Stop Doing To Yourself / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.