Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:41 AM

Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin (25788 Views)

Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Paying January Salary To Pastors By Fr Kelvin Ugwu / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Pastor Kumuyi On Women Wearing Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Mayeldah(m): 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
dairykidd:
Nothing like trousers in the bible, both men and women wore free flowing clothes. Just the way it's abnormal to crossdress so it is with the bible laws about that. Today we have feminine trousers that are worn by only women. Now taking alcohol isn't a sin in itself but over indulgence in alcohol and alcoholism is bad for ur body and slows down ur spirituality. Paying of tithes is a command. This has nothing to do with making heaven or not.

Tithing is an old testament command given to the Jews and not the new testament christians. You are not bound by that law, trust me. Alot of persons says Jesus affirmed this in Matthew 23 vs 23 but that was not what Jesus meant. When Jesus made that statement, the time of grace and the new testament dispensation have not started. The people then were still observing the laws. He was trying to educate the pharisees that of all these laws they were observing, tithe law inclusive, the law of faith, mercy and Judgement is more acceptable to God than the rest. So even in the old testament laws, God himself don't regard tithing more than justice, Mercy and faith. Since when Jesus died and rose again, and the temple curtain torn to shreds, all these laws, tithing inclusive have been abolished.
Giving to God under the new testament is an obligation and God's advise on it is that a man gives as he purposed in his heart because he loves a cheerful giver. Under the new testament dispensation, any amount you give to God he accepts but he blesses according to what is given. If you decides to give God a 40% of your income monthly, do it with all joy and he will bless you for it but if what another can afford is a 5% of his income monthly, let him do that too with all joy and God will bless him accordingly. If in a month you couldn't give God any percentage, he won't curse you either.
Don't be deceived by these pentecostal God of men!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by IzzyAgu: 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
oluwaseunamos33:
If only we can take our time to check the history, we will see it that trousers is meant for women in the beginning. Nothing is wrong in women wearing it
Says who

Mr Man
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by MrGerald(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
[quote author=MrNuel111 post=105062401]

You are just deceiving yourself with this statement by saying "There is women trouser"

If you say there is women trouser Then why didn't they indicate the women trouser in the toilet sign � Common sense alone should tell you that even the Secular World knows that trousers are not meant for women...

This is a global sign that you will see everywhere in the whole wide world. If you like accept the truth and repent, or continue in your argument at the detriment of your soul.[/quote I stand by my argument, you don't know what you're talking about
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by aribisala0(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mayeldah:

Giving to God under the new testament is an obligation and God's advise on it is that a man gives as he purposed in his heart because he loves a cheerful giver. Under the new testament dispensation, any amount you give to God he accepts but he blesses according to what is given. If you decides to give God a 40% of your income monthly, do it with all joy and he will bless you for it but if what another can afford is a 5% of his income monthly, let him do that too with all joy and God will bless him accordingly. If in a month you couldn't give God any percentage, he won't curse you either.

Giving to God is an Obligation? Where do you get this from?
God blesses ACCORDING to what is given? Where do you get this from?
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by esiri4jesu(m): 3:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Bible says, a Man shall not put on a woman's Garment neither should a woman put on a man's garment. All that do such are Abomination to GOD.

You don't need an angel, Prophet or seer to tell you what is men clothing or women clothing except you wanna Deceive yourself.

No Matter what we argue and say this or say that. We can only Deceive Ourselves, we cannot Deceive GOD. The Foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of Men.
Everyone will stand before GOD.

Eternity is a very Serious Matter! It is a Personal Race so do not let anyone irrespective of title or Position make you miss your place in Eternity.

Nobody will answer or speak for you before GOD.

So Get the Word of GOD ( The Holy Bible) and stick to what it says not what Man thinks.

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
Don't play with your Eternity

I don't think it was God that said this is a man's garment and this a woman's garment. It was man that said this garment is for man and this is for woman based on their tradition. Scottish men wears skirt. Men from mine tribe(urhobo) ties wrapper. Fashion designers has distinguished male trouser from female trouser just by the side the flap is facing. My interpretation is that what a man as wore as a female you should not wear it. In other words, any garment l have used a female should not pick it up and wear it.

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Mayeldah(m): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2021
aribisala0:

Giving to God is an Obligation? Where do you get this from?
God blesses ACCORDING to what is given? Where do you get this from?

Study your Bible Oga.

Luke 6: 38
2 Corinthians 9:7
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Snazzynho(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Bible says, a Man shall not put on a woman's Garment neither should a woman put on a man's garment. All that do such are Abomination to GOD.

You don't need an angel, Prophet or seer to tell you what is men clothing or women clothing except you wanna Deceive yourself.

No Matter what we argue and say this or say that. We can only Deceive Ourselves, we cannot Deceive GOD. The Foolishness of GOD is wiser than the wisest of Men.

Eternity is a very Serious Matter! It is a Personal Race so do not let anyone irrespective of title or Position make you miss your place in Eternity.

So Get the Word of GOD ( The Holy Bible) and stick to what it says not what Man thinks.

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
Then why are christian women pilgrims wearing trousers in Jerusalem despite being a holy land?
please I need an explanations with biblical quotes
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by oluwaseunamos33(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
IzzyAgu:

Says who

Mr Man
u can Google it my bro.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by aribisala0(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mayeldah:

Study your Bible Oga.

Luke 6: 38
2 Corinthians 9:7
You have not said anything
Just lazily thrown out numbers
It has no meaning

There is no obligation to give anything

There is no where it says those who do not give are less blessed than those who do

You are just spinning your own interpretation which can be interpreted to mean that God will bless rich people more if they give more

There is nothing like that in the bible

"giving" is just an internal psychological bargaining mechanism.

There are specific things that Jesus identified as NECESSARY to LIVE and "giving" is not among them

YOU read your bible
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by gloriana(f): 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kondomatic:
The priest is right here.

It's difficult to understand certain scriptures without picturing the people being addressed. When the law that women should not wear men's cloth came to the Isrealites, they were not even wearing trousers at all. There was no trousers to begin with.
thank u o. Please, in d ancient times in d different Nigerian cultures, can we take a look at d how men n women dress? In d Igbo culture for example, it's wrappers all d way but d men tie theirs differently from d women, likewise other cultures. Some men even wear a different kind of skirt in some cultures n even some foreign countries. So please let's quit all these holier than God attitude
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mayeldah:

Tithing is an old testament command given to the Jews and not the new testament christians. You are not bound by that law, trust me. Alot of persons says Jesus affirmed this in Matthew 23 vs 23 but that was not what Jesus meant. When Jesus made that statement, the time of grace and the new testament dispensation have not started. The people then were still observing the laws. He was trying to educate the pharisees that of all these laws they were observing, tithe law inclusive, the law of faith, mercy and Judgement is more acceptable to God than the rest. So even in the old testament laws, God himself don't regard tithing more than justice, Mercy and faith. Since when Jesus died and rose again, and the temple curtain torn to shreds, all these laws, tithing inclusive have been abolished.
Your argument is valid and u got a lot of points honestly me myself have been trying to pinpoint where Jesus mentioned about tithing but it seems he never directly mentioned it. True we are under the dispensation of grace and not bound by the old laws. I am still searching for more knowledge on this tithing as regards to this dispensation btw. Lol I definitely don't believe God curses anyone for not paying 10%. I know that arrangement was even commanded as some sort of donation/ contributions to the temple so as to make provisions for the Levites who were living in the temple and these were a 10th of the agricultural products.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Sirmuel1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
jnrbayano:

Counter what he said point by point let's see

I have gone past the age of arguing or defending any scripture. Believe whatever you want to believe, when the time comes, the false doctrines you chose to believe will drag you to hell....and the goodnews is that, the Pastor will also be there with you cheesy
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Ginomel(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real

A woman in men's clothes but a blessing to those around her and a woman in female's clothes but very devilish.

Which of the two do you prefer?

Stop being over zealous Christian.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Gfskw: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by damocool(m): 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
aribisala0:

Were you there when the Bible was written?

Was it written in English for the word "BREECH" to appear in it?
What is the Etymology of the word "breech" How old is it ? How old is English language?
HOW OLD IS THE WORD "BREECH"
You people just talk like robots without engaging your brains

The bible you read is a TRANSLATION and that means it uses words in the destination language that are as close to the original as possible.
If such a thing does not exist then they use approximations.
There are Yoruba versions of the Bible, Igbo versions and so on . In the process of translation different things happen but the bottom line is in the Hebrew culture they dressed differently from how they dress in Siberia or Afghanistan based on weather tradition etc
What is a man's dress in one culture may look like a woman's in another.
Trousers were not part of Hebrew dress 3000 years ago
I ain't here to argue with you, or take to what I put there... So, you can continue or hold on to what you think is right..
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Kooldame: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2021
If a woman must wear trousers let her wear what will not make men lust after her.Put on decent trousers
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by aribisala0(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
damocool:

I ain't here to argue with you, or take to what I put there... So, you can continue or hold on to what you think is right..
Exactly the same applies to you
You have not said anything
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by aribisala0(m): 5:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
Kooldame:
If a woman must wear trousers let her wear what will not make men lust after her.Put on decent trousers
And skirts will not make a man lust after her?
And if men do not lust after women how will the species survive?
Men are DESIGNED to lust after women
Only hypocrites will say otherwise

Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a master hand. Your navel is a rounded bowl that never lacks mixed wine. Your belly is a heap of wheat, encircled with lilies. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle… How fair and pleasant you are, O loved one, delectable maiden! You are stately as a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its branches. Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the scent of your breath like apples, and your kisses like the best wine that goes down smoothly, gliding over lips and teeth.. Come my beloved, let us go forth into the fields… There I will give you my love “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown i
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by FarmTech(m): 5:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
I believe that trousers that is not tight isn't bad for ladies. It is more modest than skirts. What the bible mean from that passage u quote is the cross dressing we see today. A man shud not dress like a woman and vice versa.
By the way, how many women dress modestly this day? The priest made a big mistake by ignoring that. I wonder why pastors don't preach about modesty despite the fact that immodest attires full their churches.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Orch1981: 5:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sirmuel1:
The Bible has spoken, on the last days, strange People shall talk different rubbish, neglecting the truth and deceiving People.

I will only advise People to stick with what the Bible says and ignore false teachings (many of these false teachings are what many People like hearing).

That's all I have to say. Olorun a wa pelu wa ooo

Show us where Bible say women should not wear trousers and stop this your I too know

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by FarmTech(m): 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2021
aribisala0:
And skirts will not make a man lust after her?
And if men do not lust after women how will the species survive?
Men are DESIGNED to lust after women
Only hypocrites will say otherwise

Your rounded thighs are like jewels, the work of a master hand. Your navel is a rounded bowl that never lacks mixed wine. Your belly is a heap of wheat, encircled with lilies. Your two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle… How fair and pleasant you are, O loved one, delectable maiden! You are stately as a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I say I will climb the palm tree and lay hold of its branches. Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine, and the scent of your breath like apples, and your kisses like the best wine that goes down smoothly, gliding over lips and teeth.. Come my beloved, let us go forth into the fields… There I will give you my love “Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown i

Have u ever wondered why people who rejected the book of Maccabees, Baruch, bell and dragon etc, will accept Songs of Solomon? If the bible condemn lust in many places, do u thing Songs of Solomon alone will make God change His mind? Lust is a sin that will lead u to hell. Anyone who dresses seductively is hell bound.
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Orch1981: 5:30pm On Aug 22, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol.... Women wearing trousers is like a rebellion towards God, just as a man wearing pant, earrings or wig

Show us where it is written in the Bible and stop I too know

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by aribisala0(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
FarmTech:

Have u ever wondered why people who rejected the book of Maccabees, Baruch, bell and dragon etc, will accept Songs of Solomon? If the bible condemn lust in many places, do u thing Songs of Solomon alone will make God change His mind? Lust is a sin that will lead u to hell. Anyone who dresses seductively is hell bound.
Your opinion
It will make YOU hell bound
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by aribisala0(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
obonujoker:
Lol.... Women wearing trousers is like a rebellion towards God, just as a man wearing pant, earrings or wig
Hebrew men wore earrings
Can you supply a commandment from the bible against men wearing earrings that allows women to do so
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Lizabeth36(f): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2021
In those days, did Abraham or Moses put on trousers? Dat chapter in the bible also says man must use thatched roof, hope ur house roof is not made of zinc or slate? W
Probably Jesus wore trousers all thru his lifetime dat made u bliv trousers is meant for male
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by YUSUPH1986(m): 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
Sir, can you recommend one holy Bible pls
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by jnrbayano(m): 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
Sirmuel1:

I have gone past the age of arguing or defending any scripture. Believe whatever you want to believe, when the time comes, the false doctrines you chose to believe will drag you to hell....and the goodnews is that, the Pastor will also be there with you cheesy

Defeatism

1 Like

Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by LaJoe2: 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
Let us make this more explicit. . .

Eating of pork is not a sin.
True
Wearing trousers for ladies is not a sin.
False - Yes, the Bible doesn't talk about trousers but gives precepts and principles. We are to wear whats modest and not make others stumble into sin. Trousers and tight fitted clothes make men lust. Its not Holy.
Drinking alcohol is not a sin.
False - Depends on how much and for what purpose. Christians are only permitted to take a little wine which contains alcohol for medicinal purposes and for commemoration of the LORD's Supper.
Not paying tithe will not take you to hell
True
Paying tithe is not a ticket to heaven.
True
Owl is not devilish.
True
Wall geckos and cats at your windows have nothing to do with your village people.
True - Not Relevant to Christians, however Satan turned into a body of water to hinder Abraham. You'll find that in the Book of Jasher
Speaking in tongues is not for everyone and you don't learn it and you don't forge it
False and True - False ~ its not for everyone. Its only a sign of True believers. Its not for Pagans. True ~ you can't learn or forge it. Its a divine gift
There is nothing like spiritual husband.
True
Wet dream or nocturnal emmission is normal. It is not a sin.
False - its not normal. Wet dreams could be as a result of the intensity and frequency of lustful thinking. The Bible says dreams could be as a result of the multitude of business of the mind. So when you think too much on sex, it could produce dreams of you having sex which could lead to ejaculation in bed.
Remedy: Mentally focus only on the Truth of GOD's Word and put away all sexual vices.

The earlier your emancipate yourself from these falsehoods, the better
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Righteousness2(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
YUSUPH1986:

Sir, can you recommend one holy Bible pls

Recommend a Holy Bible? I don't understand
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by rrhostomy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
This priest is obviously enlightened. Be blessed
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
OK so, great job you do on here. However, on this topic I feel the need to engage you and possibly show you logic as to why he is right on this women trouser thingy. First thing I would say/ask is, can you as a man wear your girlfriend's trouser, whether it is a jean or suit trousers without being noticed as clearly wearing female apparel? The truthful ans is clear for anyone to see. That tells you that there is a trouser for men and one for women. Simple as that! Also, the Irish and Scottish males wear skirts (kilts) as a cultural symbol of sorts. Would you now say all Irish and Scottish people sin by wearing kilts? I don't believe they are.
Alcohol is never recorded in the Bible as sin. Moderation of it is key, but that doesn't give any mortal man the right to proscribe it as sin. I don't even know how that falsehood took hold. I drink responsibly, once a month, in the comfort of my home. I have committed no sin, even tho I'm sure my pastor would think otherwise. The good thing is my pastor is just another man, and not my maker or the standard. Kumuyi once said TV's were devil's box, but suddenly that has changed. Now, why did he feel the need to propagate his own opinion as law, as they all still do now? That you feel some way about something doesn't make it the law or mind of God. Why are we all watching baba Kumiyi on same TV today. Good thing his advice didn't take hold for long. We need to be Kore logical about certain things. I'm sure even if most hard-core pastor on planet earth about this women-trouser matter sees a man wearing his girlfriend jean trouser he will identify/know instantly that this thing that this man is wearing though a trouser, is one meant for a woman. So it is weird for me to still see ppl carrying on with this in 2021
Re: Fr. Kelvin Ugwu: Wearing Trousers For Ladies Is Not A Sin by space9880: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2021
Righteousness2:

Heaven is Real
Hell is real
I'm sure you must have put on your sister's or mother's slippers hurriedly maybe to get something or a quick bath. Do you call it a sin too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle" / Bishop Oyedepo: "Self Defence Is Entrenched In The Constitution" / Kenyan Priest Murdered After He Told President Uhuru To Stop Killing People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.