Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) (47028 Views)

Houthis Threaten To Cut Intercontinental Internet Cables Running Along Red Sea. / US Plans To Sell Drones That Can Be Armed With Hellfire Missiles To Ukraine / Russian Spy Ship Entering Panama Canal Blocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Holiness2100: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
DOWN TO THE WIRE: VLADIMIR Putin's spy ship armed with state-of-the-art stealth subs has been spotted lurking over UK internet cables, sparking fears they could be cut.

The Yantar was caught loitering above major undersea cables off the Irish coastline on Tuesday night in what is being viewed as Putin's latest push to scare the West.

The vessel was above at least one commercial sub-sea cable and was seen zig-zagging through seas north of Mayo and Donegal in an apparent search for more.

It then moved to the west of Killybegs fishing harbour before scuttling off into the Atlantic.

Ireland's Defence Force and NATO are on alert and monitoring the situation, according to The Times.

This comes as Putin's shadowy fleet of submarines continue a campaign of tampering with the West's vital undersea internet cables.

The vessels are operated by a shadowy branch of the Russian military that answers directly to Putin.

The subs are carried beneath an enormous "mothership" undersea vessel and are built to lurk at the bottom of the ocean - entering the Atlantic by sailing down from the Arctic.

They then use robotic arms to tamper with or even cut key cables that help keep the world's economy moving with potentially devastating consequences.

Even just severing cables has the capacity to bring Britain to a complete standstill, as a 2006 earthquake in the Luzon Strait between Taiwan and the Philippines showed.

There, six out of seven cables used to distribute internet and phone services from North America to Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and South Korea were severed.

That led a 100 per cent internet outage to Hong Kong and South East Asia, cutting off millions of citizens and businesses from internet and mobile phones.

It has been estimated that cutting three cables could lead to some countries losing 70 per cent of their data traffic.

'WE ARE EUROPE'S WEAKEST LINK'
The Yantar was operating outside Ireland's territorial waters but inside the exclusive economic zone.

The Irish Defence Forces said the ship was not breaking any UN convention on the law of the sea.

"Territorial waters are twelve nautical miles from the coast of Ireland and under UNCLOS, there is no restriction on ships operating on the high seas inside exclusive economic zones," a statement read.

With no sonar capability and no military radar to patrol its skies, Ireland is a prime target for deep-sea espionage.

One former intelligence officer said: "This type of activity has been going on wholesale for the last few years.

"It highlights the importance of having a properly resourced naval service and air corps to adequately monitor our areas of maritime responsibility.

"We are Europe’s weakest link in defence. We have no sonar capability. We have no military radar so we can’t even monitor our skies. No self-respecting nation would allow this to happen.

"Russia has discerned this weakness for themselves and are now taking full advantage."

'PRETTY SERIOUS DEVELOPMENT'
There are growing concerns that the Yantar may be preparing to cut off cables that carry internet between Ireland, Europe and North America.

Declan Power, a security analyst, said Yantar's presence was a "pretty serious development" for Ireland's national security.

Keir Giles, a senior Russia expert at Chatham House, said it was indicative of Russia's interest in Ireland.

"It’s plainly up to something. It’s a relatively new ship. They call it an oceanographic research vessel but the kind of research they undertake is generally not the kind we like."

In response, Britain has increased maritime surveillance ops and stepped up naval patrols.

RED OCTOBER
It comes as Putin has opened up a new front in the North Pole as he builds new military bases in the frozen wastes - giving him control of polar waters across 11 of the world’s time zones.

Tensions continue to simmer between the West and Russia who have both beefed up their presence in the polar region, which is believed to hold significant natural resources.

And cutting the undersea cables could be a key element in any conflict between the two sides.

Undersea cables crisscrossing the seafloor carry 97 per cent of internet traffic with $10 trillion worth of daily financial transactions dependent on them.

Cutting enough of the network in the Atlantic could cause chaos for Britain, with Air Marshall Sir Stuart Peach previously warning such a breach could be "catastrophic".

It could shut down the internet, cut Britain off from the rest of the world, paralyse financial transactions, and damage communications with the military overseas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcrfsTAs98k

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15919153/putins-spy-ship-lurks-above-uk-internet-cables/amp/

1 Share

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Holiness2100: 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2021

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2021
shocked

Make una no just spoil my blues with this una reggae. Mbok

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Kingpin1000: 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
I don see am say na Journalist go cause the next world war,that will take us to stone age... See the kind captivating headline them give this " maybe " false news.

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by insidelife22(m): 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
they should wait till I die before they start another war. it is not that far as I plan to die in the next one thousand years.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Righteousness2(m): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
Except we wanna Deceive or lie to ourselves, It is so evident and clear to all and sundry that the world is in Extraordinary Biblical and Apocalyptic times and Seasons.

When I see how events are happening right all over the World, seeing everything JESUS said will Happen in these Endtimes times Playing out EXACTLY How HE said it will be , I begin to Fear GOD Afresh. It is really Fearful.

Wars and rumors of wars, Earthquakes in Diverse Places, Pestilences, Famines, Fearful sights, Persecutions and Deaths for standing for JESUS etc.

Folks, The RAPTURE is upon us! The Coming of JESUS is Here! I Repeat, The Coming of JESUS Christ is so Close.
Ignore the Scoffers and Mockers. They are Fulfilling their own part of the Signs of the times.
Flee Sin and come into a Genuie relationship with JESUS.
Time is So Short.

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Flyingngel(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
I have nothing to say. I am wondering how Nigerian youth will not take destiny in their hand like the did in Endears.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by TarOrfeeek: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2021
British people and their false sense of importance

That's why they were questioning USA withdraw

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by obonujoker(m): 3:18am On Aug 21, 2021
As usual
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by purplekayc(m): 7:57am On Aug 21, 2021
A d were here complaining about electricity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Teewhy2: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
too many world power.

1 Like

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by punisha: 1:37pm On Aug 21, 2021
sad
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by YellowbaMoslem: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
Russia should be calming down.

Forget all this their gra gra, technological advancement in military hardwares and showcasing of military might.

If they engage The United States in a War of Survival, Russia Will never be the same again till the end of time.

Even if The U.S posseses a metaphysical weapon that can divide the Earth into four pieces, they wouldn't even show it until the
D-Day.

No be by showing warheads oh, Russia Should be calming down.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by EdiskyHarry: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nawa o
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by espn(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ok
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by FactBoyz: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
angry
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by pacespot(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
World War 3
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Brunosamel(m): 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
Putin is what we call totalitarian Tyrant, he's capable of anything he's a former KGB spy and he's brutal....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Thalamus: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2021
Righteousness2:
Except we wanna Deceive or lie to ourselves, It is so evident and clear to all and sundry that the world is not in Extraordinary Biblical and Apocalyptic times and Seasons.

When I see how events are happening right all over the World, seeing everything JESUS said will Happen in these Endtimes times Playing out EXACTLY How HE said it will be , I begin to Fear GOD Afresh. It is really Fearful.

Wars and rumors of wars, Earthquakes in Diverse Places, Pestilences, Famines, Fearful sights, Persecutions and Deaths for standing for JESUS etc.

Folks, The RAPTURE is upon us! The Coming of JESUS is Here! I Repeat, The Coming of JESUS Christ is so Close.
Ignore the Scoffers and Mockers. They are Fulfilling their own part of the Signs of the times.
Time is So Short.

Prophet of doom. God loves us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by ipobarethieves: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
sad angry Putin is a mad man.

Somebody should hold Rev Righteousness2 sad sad.Before he mistakenly enter market with his latest confusionist

4 Likes

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by ipobarethieves: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
angry sad Putin is looking for TROUBLE sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by YorubaKinging: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
You're right

But your urgency is a lil bit late

You are also being decieved by these articles you always rush to post using another moniker

Jesus won't come back until the very last day

When he's going to fight the king of the north

And I don't see that happening until sometimes after 2030

Between now and then, America will fall

No rapture will occur

Stop believing these fake news

Any news from the UK, express, telegraph, etc are just messing with your brains

Righteousness2:
Except we wanna Deceive or lie to ourselves, It is so evident and clear to all and sundry that the world is not in Extraordinary Biblical and Apocalyptic times and Seasons.

Time is So Short.

4 Likes

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by DEEBOZZ(m): 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
I got nothing to say.
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by posty56: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
righteousness with en alternate moniker
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by superCleanworks(m): 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
all this war games.
abeg make una small small oh.

see me see Nigeria
Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Pweetiedude(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
All these world powers flexing muscle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by Mayng01(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
What is becoming of Putin as well? Is he becoming a tyrant or a dictator. He should not let too much confidence kill him, Adolf hitler did more than his, where is he now?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin’s Spy Ship Armed With Stealth Subs Lurking Above UK Internet Cables(Pix) by DEEBOZZ(m): 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yinosconcept:
Mehn

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature
Most u waste our hard earned data with this your plenty pictures advert in every post?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe’s Body Arrives Zimbabwe From Singapore (photos) / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) / 10 Unexpected Facts About North Korea That We Had No Idea About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.