Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) (4442 Views)

Atrocities Perpetrated Against The Ibibio During The Biafran War / Rise Of Aro Confederacy- Aro - Ibibio Wars 1690 - Founding Of Arochukwu / Rise Of Aro Confederacy- Aro - Ibibio Wars 1690 - Founding Of Arochukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

WRONG

Some groups had kings and others didnt the Nri didn't have kings the Nsukka didn't have kings but the Aro did
So someone tending and serving as a link to Ibini Ukpabi is a king to you?
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

Leave them to be fooling themselves here.
We are peaceful people

Peaceful Ke?

So what was the Ekumeku War for if you were peaceful would you not have discussed colonialism? Nope you went into war and for the first few years you were winning until the British pushed back and started burning forests exposing your guerilla tactics in the end you lost in 1912 not even you infact it was the Aro Igbos and other southern igbo groups and some deltan people like the Aboh

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

These are not my brothers oh, i'm a niger delta boy grin
grin grin
Why u dey argue eboe history with them?
I pity u
U Neva get experience grin

Their history get as he be

Are you Ijaw?
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

So someone tending and serving as a link to Ibini Ukpabi is a king to you?

Then what is the Eze Aro??
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
aribisala0:
Arochukwu is ruled by Akpa kings to this day

Just like Fulani rule in Kano

They sold Eboes as slaves for centuries
and their dynasty is still in charge
First of all, there was never any king.
The first priest (Eze Aro) was the renowned Dibịa Oké Nnachi after agwụ rejected the first person

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Peaceful Ke?

So what was the Ekumeku War for if you were peaceful would you not have discussed colonialism? Nope you went into war and for the first few years you were winning until the British pushed back and started burning forests exposing your guerilla tactics in the end you lost in 1912 not even you infact it was the Aro Igbos and other southern igbo groups and some deltan people like the Aboh
you are aboh right? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
grin grin
Why u dey argue eboe history with them?
I pity u
U Neva get experience grin

Their history get as he be

Are you Ijaw?

I'm Ndokwa but my father's mother so my grandmother is igbo so I chose to learn about their history and culture too
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
you are aboh right? cheesy

Yess Oh
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

Fulani will not even convert them, they use them as laborers. They got lucky their fathers sabi hide for bush.
grin

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

First of all, there was never any king.
The first priest (Eze Aro) was the renowned Dibịa Oké Nnachi after agwụ rejected the first person

Eze Aro is not a priest it's a king and he passed down to his son so is that not a monarchy? I don't care what you want to call it if it's a monarchy then I will call them Kings

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Go and learn about the Ekumeku war the whole land of the yorubas by 1902 was conquered but the Igbos continued resisting till 1912 and this resistance was led by the Aro igbos and Alaigbo ( SE ) DOES NOT occupy ALL the land of the Igbo people, there are the Ukwuani people near my village of Aboh who count as igbos, there are other groups in the northern parts of most delta states

What you don't understand is while ur culture is primitive, not having a centralized system of government has its advantage, one of which it will be difficult to penetrate as oppose to Yoruba or Hausa when a king is defeated, his army will surrender. Now look you are not strong to resist British, but instead they were conquering clans one by one and this took time.

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Peaceful Ke?

What concerned Aboh with Ekumeku?
Ekumeku started after the fall of Arochukwu. With some Aro Guerrillas being the first.
Infact, incase you don't know many Northern Igboland was not conquered by Britain but were Ignored to submission.

3 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by theTranscriber: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Yess Oh
you practice ifa?
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

Eze Aro is not a priest it's a king and he passed down to his son so is that not a monarchy? I don't care what you want to call it if it's a monarchy then I will call them Kings
Agwụ in Igboland is passed from Father to son.
It is hereditary. A priest must have a son chosen by Agwụ

3 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BiafraInc: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
lol
Na God save una say Dan fodio got stopped by Ibadan
Una for dey speak fufulde grin and practice Islam grin
Danfodio conquered you the weak yorubas and took the whole of Kwara and install emir over you cowards. Your master danfodio would have been crushed to death had he tried that nonsense anywhere in Igboland. Gi and ask his current foot soldiers what they are seeing in the hands of ESN.

4 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

What you understand is while ur culture is primitive, not having a centralized system of government has its advantage, one of which it will be difficult to penetrate as oppose to Yoruba or Hausa when a king is defeated, his army will surrender. Now look you are not strong to resist British, but instead they were conquering clans one by one and this took time.

So when the Alaafin of the Oyo empire was defeated in battle and the fulani sacked Oyo Ile did the yoruba give up? or did they move on to fight back and win through the Ibadan war chiefs? there's a difference between defeat and power tussle which was what happened during yoruba civil war everyone wanted the power that the Alaafin had.

Anyways as I was saying no culture is primitive they each ahve their benefits and their negatives. A king can decide on what he wants and it happens albeit the Oyo Mesi or Ogboni disagree meanwhile in decentralized system there will always be arguments other the next action and such can destroy a nation in times of war which is why the Aro were able to conquer so many different groups because they had a king and they were quick and decisive
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BKayy: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

It was never monarchy and will never be. Any priest that steps out of line hears from the people.
He holds no court except when he mediates for the court.
Quick question, was there a Palace for him before the British came?

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

What concerned Aboh with Ekumeku?
Ekumeku started after the fall of Arochukwu. With some Aro Guerrillas being the first.
Infact, incase you don't know many Northern Igboland was not conquered by Britain but were Ignored to submission.

FALSE AGAIN

Ekumeku was still ongoing when Arochukwu was sacked by the British and if you didn't know the Aboh were part of the people fighting in Ekumeku we were a trading point in the Niger and a massive naval power at the time within the niger delta we tried to fight off the british navy and blow up their ships before they landed but were only partially successful I know because my grandfather was an Ezomo ( Warrior King ) and his father told him the exploits of the Ekumeku War

4 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
theTranscriber:
you practice ifa?

I've left that matter alone now

I'm a passing Christian kind of atheist kind of Christian

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2021
BiafraInc:

Danfodio conquered you the weak yorubas and took the whole of Kwara and install emir over you cowards. Your master danfodio would have been crushed to death had he tried that nonsense anywhere in Igboland. Gi and ask his current foot soldiers what they are seeing in the hands of ESN.

I thought you were peaceful people? Kwara was an inside job not a matter of weakness btw

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Abohboy: 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2021
BKayy:

It was never monarchy and will never be. Any priest that steps out of line hears from the people.
He holds no court except when he mediates for the court.
Quick question, was there a Palace for him before the British came?

Of course there was it was burnt down by the British when they sacked Arochukwu

2 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BiafraInc: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

I'm Ndokwa but my father's mother so my grandmother is igbo so I chose to learn about their history and culture too
You are daft it beggars belief. So Ndokwa is not Igbo. Why are some of you so dumb? Is it as a result of delta river that some of you are drinking? We understand that there are some remnants of IleUbinu migrants living in Ndokwa land, and if you are a migrant from IleUbinu into Ndokwa, then admit it, instead of saying in disguise that Ndokwa people are not Igbos.
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2021
BiafraInc:

Loud mouth as usual during the time of fodio common itsekiri was raiding heart of igbo land for slaves.

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Ckonnet: 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

Fulani will not even convert them, they use them as laborers. They got lucky their fathers sabi hide for bush.

Na mouth una get u think say them no get brain.
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

So when the Alaafin of the Oyo empire was defeated in battle and the fulani sacked Oyo Ile did the yoruba give up? or did they move on to fight back and win through the Ibadan war chiefs? there's a difference between defeat and power tussle which was what happened during yoruba civil war everyone wanted the power that the Alaafin had.

Anyways as I was saying no culture is primitive they each ahve their benefits and their negatives. A king can decide on what he wants and it happens albeit the Oyo Mesi or Ogboni disagree meanwhile in decentralized system there will always be arguments other the next action and such can destroy a nation in times of war which is why the Aro were able to conquer so many different groups because they had a king and they were quick and decisive

Aro was slave raiding, they are slave raiders and traders

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BiafraInc: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
Abohboy:

I thought you were peaceful people? Kwara was an inside job not a matter of weakness btw
Twist it all you like, the Fulani defeated yoruba and took over kwara from the cowards. You are daft with your "peaceful" nonsense. So a people can not defend themselves anymore from aggressors? So if I fight off invaders, then I am not peaceful? Thunder fire you there with your definition and understanding of peaceful.

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Ckonnet: 10:01pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

All the igbos that have king are related to Bini! Fact! That's why culture of two igbo civilization is not surprising anymore. The closer to Bini and igala igbos were more advanced while others are just primitive and archaic.

Then you should read about Arochukwu and their journey, we dont have any particular similarity with the bini's.

3 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 20, 2021
Ckonnet:

Then you should read about Arochukwu and their journey, we dont have any particular similarity with the bini's.
.. Aro chukwu were just opportunist slave raiders
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BiafraInc: 10:06pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

Loud mouth as usual during the time of fodio common itsekiri was raiding heart of igbo land for slaves.
Yeah, because Remo omokri, an itshekiri loud mouth told you so, and it became part of your history without evidence. It may stock with you cowards, but not with we Igbos, because it didn't happen. We know the lagos ibadan express way gutter media and what they have been doing.
Muguh, fulani is occupying your land for over 200 years and we all are witness to it today. Go and take it back and stop talking gibberish about fighting back at Ibadan. Why stop at Ibadan? Go on and fight them off from kwara and take over Kwara from them if you are not cowards.

4 Likes

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Ikpeyi: 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
Historians...

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
BiafraInc:

Yeah, because Remo omokri, an itshekiri loud mouth told you so, and it became part of your history without evidence. It may stock with you cowards, but not with we Igbos, because it didn't happen. We know the lagos ibadan express way gutter media and what they have been doing.
Muguh, fulani is occupying your land for over 200 years and we all are witness to it today. Go and take it back and stop talking gibberish about fighting back at Ibadan. Why stop at Ibadan? Go on and fight them off from kwara and take over Kwara from them if you are not cowards.

300 spartan-like Itsekiri are raiding slaves in the heart of igbo land. No resistance.

In book of black Congo Jews, its recorded itsekiri enslaved black Jews for 3000 years. Those black lazy Jews must be cowards!

1 Like

Re: How Took Arochukwu from The ibibio - Aro-Ibibio Wars Explained (1650) by BiafraInc: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2021
SlyDev:

300 spartan-like Itsekiri are raiding slaves in the heart of igbo land. No resistance.

In book of black Congo Jews, its recorded itsekiri enslaved black Jews for 3000 years. Those black lazy Jews must be cowards!
Illiterate muguh. Itshekiris that has no land nor sea border with Igboland were riding slaves in Igboland? Did you see why we Igbos see you, idiots, as lesser beings with tiny brains? Think for yourself muguh.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Focus On Health, Education, Women Empowerment & Youth Interventions - Osinbajo / Close / Food Insecurity: 26.5 Million Nigerians To Face Hunger In 2024 – FAO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.