Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,916 members, 7,799,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution (7020 Views)

Abubakar Aliyu: Why We Can’t Generate 5,000MW Of Electricity / Babangida Aliyu: Why Some PDP Governors Worked Against Jonathan In 2015 / Lawal Yahaya-Gumau: We Will Amend Constitution To Allow Buhari Be Life President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by joyairemiya: 6:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Former Niger State Governor Babangida Aliyu has said Nigeria must amend its constitution to deal with political prostitution that is prevalent in the country.

Speaking in an interview with DAILY INDEPENDENT, Aliyu said the situation in the country whereby a politician elected on a platform of a political party but decamps to another after messing up the party that gave him the mandate should be discouraged.

He argued that any elected politician that wants to decamp from his political party to another must resign as he cannot take the mandate of one party and gave it to another.

Also speaking on the manner the PDP resolved its leadership crisis involving the national chairman, Uche Secondus, Aliyu said: “In a way the PDP, having been in government for 16 years, you can say that it has more solid ways of solving problems. But in terms of ideology, I don’t know because what we need in terms of difference is the ideological underpinning of the parties.

“So that wherever you find yourself whether in the APC or PDP, one can say I am a welfarist, liberal democrat or labour. People should be able to pin you down and say this is exactly what you are.

“This issue of somebody just decamping to APC tomorrow with the mandate of PDP or decamping to PDP with the mandate of APC, I think we must amend our constitution to say if you have been elected under a particular mandate, and you want to leave for another party, then you must resign your position.

“Otherwise, we will be creating political prostitutes in the nation. Today we have a situation where politicians mess up in one party and move to another. That is not right and should be discouraged.”

https://independent.ng/we-must-amend-our-constitution-to-deal-with-political-prostitutes-babangida-aliyu/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by KillMNKnow(f): 7:00am On Aug 21, 2021
Now you're talking sense because you're not in position to steal from Government accounts.

The only solution is when the poor raise up and purge y'all.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by socialmediaman: 7:02am On Aug 21, 2021
Nigerian leaders don’t obey the laws of the land. Our transparency level is zero. See how they quickly passed the controversial PIB bill when most Nigerians don’t even know what it means? Politicians should have spent time in their constituencies organizing town hall meetings to fully explain its content and take questions and feedback

6 Likes

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by wordcat(m): 7:10am On Aug 21, 2021
They always have good ideas when they are not in charge of our common wealth, put him in the position to do this thing he suggested and see how the story will change.

We wouldn't have known that steady power supply is a ROCKET SCIENCE if Babatunde Fashola was not given the opportunity to serve as the Minister of Power.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by hisgrace090: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2021
Not when forcing people to decamp to the rulling party or get hunted remains a lucrative tools in the hand of our self centered leaders.
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by nairavsdollars(f): 7:17am On Aug 21, 2021
Better don't let Wike beat you
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by nairavsdollars(f): 9:30am On Aug 21, 2021
Na so

wordcat:
They always have good ideas when they are not in charge of our common wealth, put him in the position to do this thing he suggested and see how the story will change.

We wouldn't have known that steady power supply is a ROCKET SCIENCE if Babatunde Fashola was not given the opportunity to serve as the Minister of Power.
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by falseprophet: 9:52am On Aug 21, 2021
What you call political prostitution is actually called freedom of association in our constitution, you can't claim to practice democracy and hate the freedom of association.

I see both PDP & APC getting set for the final batch of the transfer window before 2023 election politicking comes in full swing

This I have seen!

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by DenreleDave(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2021
H

1 Like

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by tstx(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2021
Story
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Racoon(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2021
Nope! Simply manipulate the constitution to disband the current bicameral NASS and create different regional government-go back to true federalism then leave the regions to take care of these shameless political prostitutes.
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by GIANTPLUSHUB: 9:54am On Aug 21, 2021
Mheen! Political Asheworism just too much for our leaders. Them no get taste, any party wey just look sweet, they done put prick enter am grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Ceenachi: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
When I see looters talking I begin to wonder if they have shame. You bastardized the economy by loots the taxpayer's money. And now you are suggesting rubbish, for who?

After impostor buhari regime you will see him suggesting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Sheriman(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
Their brains always return to default mode after leaving office. Why can't he talk about this when he was still in office? Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Gidada: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
Please mods don't delete this I beg you it's very essential I sale this today. Please I wanna sale my sofa. Just 4 months old used sofa still very neat. With 2 pillows made it for #45k I swear but would sale for #25 or #20k to keep something for my son and use the rest as transportation. Location is ifako ijaiye in Lagos and It's very important I sale it today or tomorrow as I have a job waiting for me in sagbama beyalsa and need to be there by Monday morning after being jobless for close to 6 months with a son to feed. I beg I need to sale this today ASAP. I already have it on jiji but I need to sale it. Painful I'm selling my property to use for transportation but I no fit beg and my pikin can't go hungry

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by samjamel: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Ikpeyi: 9:58am On Aug 21, 2021
Long over due....

Forget about the messenger....

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023....
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by tutudesz: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2021
undecided so out of everything affecting Nigeria presently na decamping dey important, why not amend the Constitution for state police, death sentence for Corruption, regional Government, etc

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by prowland(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2021
This man's face can win the war against the Taliban
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by seyz91(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2021
Confirm!

Purge is all we need
KillMNKnow:
Now you're talking sense because you're not in position to steal from Government accounts.

The only solution is when the poor raise up and purge y'all.
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Bluntemperor: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2021
wordcat:

Don't mind him,they just want relevance!
Are you aware that Atiku is the father of the day in the on-going- wedding of President Buhari's Son?
But here in the South,Wike can't see an eye to an eye with Rotimi Ameachi of the same State.
Same manner that the Eastern Politicians and their footsoldiers don't want to hear anything Tinubu,for no reason or maybe be they see him blocking their chances.
No wander the South will continue to crawl in politics of hatred,divide and rule.
Give politics to the North joor!
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by SmartPolician: 10:13am On Aug 21, 2021
Who has noticed that politicans become reasonable when they leave office? On the other hand, when they are in power, they are completely senseless and unapproachable.
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by seyz91(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2021
cheesy you no lie
wordcat:

Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2021
True sad APC today and PDP and you are saying we have different party , they are both the same sad
Re: Aliyu: Why Nigeria Must Amend Constitution To Deal With Political Prostitution by Judolisco(m): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2021
Politicians/political parties with no ideology or shame
Chief servant Opolo eye is very right dis time around

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Ojukwu Ran Away With His Mercedes And His 3 Tons Of Luggage. Damn. / Abia State Government Owing Pensioners 8months Salary. / See What EFCC Boss, Magu Did After Hearing Of DSS Boss Daura's Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.