Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,336 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo (22473 Views)

Shangisha/Magodo Estate Saga: Lagos Govt Returns To Supreme Court / Jos Killings: Don’t Defend Yourselves Against Herdsmen -military Warns Residents / Who Noticed That The Jos Killings Started After This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by unity004(m): 7:11am On Aug 21, 2021
The Plateau State government has returned an undisclosed number of the surviving victims of the Jos attack to Ondo State on Friday.

About 28 people were reportedly killed in the attack.

The Deputy Governor of Plateau State, Mr Sonni Tiyoden, disclosed this when he accompanied the survivors to the Ondo State government house in Akure.

He said that 25 suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident, while normalcy has been restored in the area as investigations are ongoing to bring the perpetrators to book.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the victims returned to Ondo are Fulanis, born and brought up in Ondo State, who were returning home after attending the annual Zikr (prayer session) in Bauchi to mark the commencement of the new Islamic Year.

The deputy governor condemned the attacks on innocent citizens and described it as a rude shock to the government of Plateau State because it was an unprovoked attack on the victims.

He sympathised with the families of those who lost their loved ones, and those injured as a result of the unfortunate incident.

“We pray for forgiveness on behalf of those who did it as arrests have been made, as of now, we have 25 people under arrest, I can assure you, the investigation will go on.

“And I can assure you that due process will be followed, the law will take its course and they will pay for what they have done,” he said.

Tiyoden assured that the Plateau State government is on top of the situation and admonished Nigerians to live in peace with one another as brothers and sisters, irrespective of their religious beliefs and ethnic differences.

Responding, the Ondo State Deputy Governor, Mr Lucky Aiyedatiwa, thanked the government of Plateau State for the response and help in saving the lives of the survivors.

Aiyedatiwa said the victims were not seen as Hausa/Fulani people but as citizens of the state because most of them were born and raised in the state.

The deputy governor commended the quick response of the Plateau State government in rescuing the people.

“The attack was that of mistaken identity, and I want to thank the governor of Plateau State for his quick response and that response actually brought about these survivals. As we mourn those who passed on during the attack, I also want to thank God for those of you that survived the attack,” he said.

He described it as an honour and a sign of friendliness that the deputy governor of Plateau came with the survivors.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/08/21/killings-plateau-govt-returns-survivors-to-ondo/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by OBALOLA55(m): 7:31am On Aug 21, 2021
ONDO STATE GOVERNMENT HAVE STARTED HARBORING TERRORISTS

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by JohnBELLA: 7:34am On Aug 21, 2021
Koni dafun Buhari

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by amc: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2021
So the victims are now the terrorists? Some people need serious mental health assessment.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:57am On Aug 21, 2021
Prolificgiant:
Something must be wrong with ondo state government, somebody brought terrorist to your state in a broad day light and received them with joy just because their own children lives outside the country
Seriously, you are lower than an animal.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by triple996(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2021
OBALOLA55:
Bitter soul!!
I know u are in pains right now.
Hardluck. wink

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by dangermouse(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2021
amc:
So the victims are now the terrorists? Some people need serieous mental health assessment.
The killings were a reprisal to Fulanis killings in Jos. Not holding brief for anybody but it's high time Fulanis desist from all these killings as I see a day when all other ethic tribes will rise simultaneously against them. That day is fast approaching if they continue with there wanton killing spree in Nigeria

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by triple996(m): 8:06am On Aug 21, 2021
Where are these claiming that jos natives didnot kill anyone. Come see something

3 Likes

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Pennywise(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Here is another act of Simon Lalong that lives of indigenes of Plateau state do not count except that of Fulanis. In the meantime let the killings by Fulanis continue....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Ceenachi: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Grace001:

They are welcomed in the state house like the son and daughter of the soil .

Indeed Yoruba and Fulani are one, I hope someday yorubas will allow them to be a governor of Ondo state.

Soon they will see the need for them to have a Sultan in Ondo state.

Yoruba ronu

Zombie

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2021
Ohhhhhh

Noted
Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by DuduParaPara: 9:56am On Aug 21, 2021
Story. Gov Lalong should keep deceiving himself.

Fulani people born and brought up in Ondo but can't speak yoruba?

It's a lie.

Those people killed were actually going there to cause more havoc.

It's their MO. They kill a few people and when they mourners gather for burial they go back and kill them in their numbers during the burial. That is what they have alway been doing in Plateau state.

This last scenerio is no different.

They killed people in Irigwe and as they were going for burial these guys came back again to kill more people but unfortunately the guys there were faster and apprehended them.

How comes when they were caught the youths there saw arms with them?

Why follow that route that leads to a dead end when you claim you were going to Ondo from Bauchi?

Well for those who don't understand, let me give you the picture of what it loos like in Lagos.

It's like traveling from Ibadan to Ojota.

Instead of going through sagamu, Lagos Ibadan expressway to berger and then to Ojota.
They got to sagamu, went to ijebu ode then got to Ikorodu. At that point they could still link Ojota from Ikorodu. But no. They continued straight to Epe then went to Ajah. Got to Ajah bridge turned right and went to Badore.

Meanwhile some weeks ago they just committed mayhem at Badore. Then when Badore boys caught them, they couldn't explain where they were going to and the driver said he was going to Ojota from ibadan and found himself at Badore.

Same way, from Bauchi they could have followed the new road and burst out at mararaban jama even without entering town.

This will save them time and stress.

Ir if they must pass through town for sight seeing then from Bauchi ring road they will burst out at British America junction then head to mararaban jama then to forest.

Or from Bauchi road they pass through zaria road and burst out at polo round about, then to Plateau hospital then to secretariat junction then to mararaban jama.

Never a time did they need to reach rukuba road. Unless if they had a mission which is to kill or to see the level of destruction their people must have done.

This is not the first time fulanis will be killed in retaliation.

This one is making serious headline news because the people killed are most likely the heads of the terror squad.

President, governors, even the sultan are all talking about these guys killed.

There's a reason for that.

They're not just ordinary fulani, these ones are special to the people who have been sponsoring and aiding them.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Oracleforce: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
the Terrorist Fulani residence in Ondo state, so, they have to welcome them back to their place of abode like other Nigerians, but not without monitoring their movement because they might be working with ISWAP and Boko haram...

1 Like

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by samjamel: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by falseprophet: 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
OBALOLA55:

Prolificgiant:
Something must be wrong with ondo state government, somebody brought terrorist to your state in a broad day light and received them with joy just because their own children lives outside the country

Oracleforce:
the Terrorist Fulani residence in Ondo state, so, they have to welcome them back to their place of abode like other Nigerians, but not without monitoring their movement because they might be working with ISWAP and Boko haram...

See them exposing their ignorance, to them the victims are now terrorists grin

11 Likes

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Racoon(m): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2021
The killings and counter killings ongoing in Nigeria today is really frightening.However government partially in the Fulani atrocities left much to be desired.
Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by ObiOfOnistha: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2021
It is quite a disaster, the survivers are wounded snakes, they should be caged before they spread venom

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Ikpeyi: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2021
Na so...

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Grace001: 10:01am On Aug 21, 2021
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the victims returned to Ondo are Fulanis, born and brought up in Ondo State, who were returning home after attending the annual Zikr (prayer session) in Bauchi

They are welcomed in the state house like the son and daughter of the soil .

Indeed Yoruba and Fulani are one, I hope someday yorubas will allow them to be a governor of Ondo state.

Soon they will see the need for them to have a Sultan in Ondo state.

Yoruba ronu

6 Likes

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by jerry2cino(m): 10:02am On Aug 21, 2021
Why ondo state, eh una don't come oo. I no fit shout

1 Like

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Gidada: 10:03am On Aug 21, 2021
Dear nairalander I'm so sorry for spamming your site but you would understand the pain of a jobless young man with a son to feed and why this has to be sold today

Please I wanna sale my sofa. Just 4 months old used sofa still very neat. With 2 pillows made it for #45k I swear but would sale for #25 or #20k to keep something for my son and use the rest as transportation. Location is ifako ijaiye in Lagos and It's very important I sale it today or tomorrow as I have a job waiting for me in sagbama beyalsa and need to be there by Monday morning after being jobless for close to 6 months with a son to feed. I beg I need to sale this today ASAP. I already have it on jiji but I need to sale it. Painful I'm selling my property to use for transportation but I no fit beg and my pikin can't go hungry and I don tire for bakery work when I can do more

1 Like

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by JoeEeL(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2021
OBALOLA55:

Brother I'm seriously fed up.

What kind of stupid country with irreconciliable differences is this?

Wetin Fulani dey find for Ondo, my own very Ondo again?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by cebablos: 10:06am On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Jos Killings: Plateau Govt Returns Survivors To Ondo by Juell(m): 10:07am On Aug 21, 2021
sad see lies, people that were caught with weapons.... Plateau state doesn't have a governor

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday / APC Congratulates Buhari, Renames Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Mr. Railway / Lagos PDP Candidate Jimi Agbaje Picks Female Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.