Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 AM

Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) (57021 Views)

Nigerian Student Who Emerged As World Brightest Student, Bags Another Title / Nigerian Girl Becomes The Brightest Student In The World[updatehubsnaija] / Nigerian Girl Named Fareedah Oyolola Emerges As The World Brightest Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by KingOdart(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2021
The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth has honoured Fareedah Oyolola, a secondary school student at Greensprings School, Lagos, as one of the brightest students in the world.

This recognition is a result of her exceptional performance in the advanced School and College Ability Test (SCAT), which every student must undergo in order for the institution to determine their current academic abilities before admitting them into its talent search programme.

Sharing her experience about the test, Fareedah said: “The test was a multiple-choice aptitude test in verbal and quantitative reasoning, and I had to answer 100 questions within 44 minutes! At the end of the test, my score was in the 92nd percentile for verbal reasoning and 87th percentile for quantitative reasoning.

There’s no way I would have gotten these high scores with such a limited time window if not for the great work put in by my teachers, towards developing my comprehension abilities and mathematical reasoning skills. I am very grateful to them.”

In a statement issued by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, the Executive Director; Virginia Roach, congratulated Fareedah and other outstanding students across the world. She said, “We are thrilled to celebrate these students. In a year that was anything but ordinary, their love of learning shined through, and we are excited to help cultivate their growth as scholars and citizens throughout high school, college, and beyond.”

Mrs Magdalene Okrikri, the secondary school principal at Greensprings Anthony campus, also expressed her satisfaction with Fareedah’s honour. She said, “This honour brings great joy to my heart. Fareedah’s achievement is a testament that our Thinking School programme is rewarding to our students, helping them to develop mentally and strengthening their cognitive abilities.”

The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth is an initiative of Johns Hopkins University committed to nurturing extraordinary young minds. Its 2020 – 2021 programme draws nearly 19,000 students from 84 countries. Fareedah and other honourees from other countries are expected to attend a summer programme in the United States or Hong Kong

www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/nigerian-student-emerges-world-brightest-student

177 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by LordIsaac(m): 7:27am On Aug 21, 2021
Brain...! This is what her region is known for. The pacesetters... Kudos girl.

415 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by inforesource: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
Are you surprise? The only Tsunami we have here in Nigeria is bad brains and weak minds ruling us. We will overcome one day!!!!

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by sammysmiles(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
wink
All you ladies, beauty is not exclusive to you, but intelligence can be exclusive to you...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by donprinyo(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yoruba Amaka

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Ladyoflight: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
I'm proud of her.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by karnafiu03(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
My future sugar mummy tongue

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Hezzyluv: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Yoruba'z and book be like "fura da nono" grin

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by November24(f): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Well. I'm not Yoruba,but thry are good no doubt.
The top professors in UNIMAID are yourubas

224 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by temmarison(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
wink
Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Ancecoker(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
You are doing well daughter grin

Everybody wants to associate with winners

May God continue to improve your skills

I key into your success in Jesus name

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Jonathan39: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
One of!
Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by advanceDNA: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
All these Yoruba people seff....

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by JayTripz(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
Omo shocked

1 Like

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Weedhustler: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
This one no go even dey think of boy friend!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by pennywys(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
cheesy
Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by omoadeleye(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
LordIsaac:
Brain...! This is what her region is known for. The pacesetters... Kudos girl.

Oyo state is the pacesetter

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by President99: 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by bunnae(f): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
I been feel say na arsenal logo dey her tie. I wanted to scream how. Arsenal cannot pass in anything again.

Kudos girl. You have a bright future.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by blinking001(m): 6:06pm On Aug 21, 2021
A
Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by BabaIbo: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Congrats to her...

Wrong caption... there is no such thing as world brightest student because there is no competition for that.
What is the standard of measure?
She can only be "one of the" but not "the...", to show there are other bright ones.

PS: I'm just being realistic here.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by WibusJaga: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Congrats. You've done your tribe proud.

Let me still say it again; when it comes to intellectual achievements, give it to the Southerners.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by slawormiir: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Nice one

4 Likes

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Joebayo217: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Keep it up
Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by GreaterFuture(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bright, brighter, Brightest

6 Likes

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by pstnicodemus(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Oblongata:
Can she twerk? Does she have big boobs? Forget it she can't trend here in Nigeria.
Unfortunately, you're right.

25 Likes

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Someone should pls advice me, what I.T course can I do and master within 6 months?
A high paying international recognized I.T course pls.
Someone adviced I go for an I.T course.
And what state is the best state to learn?
Lagos or ibadan?

4 Likes

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by Spanner4(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2021
Beauty with brain

11 Likes

Re: Fareedah Oyolola Emerges World Brightest Student (Johns Hopkins Center) by karkel(m): 6:08pm On Aug 21, 2021
That's a new good

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Missing Unilag Girl Found (pics) / I Saw This In A JSS1 Maths Textbook..can You Help? / 25 Photographs That Can Scare You Out Of Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.