Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1250180 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vvansalam: 4:01am On Sep 12, 2021
Have you received your visa now?
getbeta:
Good afternoon great minds! pls, I did my biometrics at Tls Abuja on the 19th of August 2021 and I got decision mail from ukvi on the 1st of sept, till this moment no collection mail from tls. Pls anyone with similar experience.

Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been issued.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier where this is relevant.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport, as the outcome of your visa application is not final until you receive your passport.

Please ensure you check the details on your visa when collecting your passport. If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vvansalam: 4:03am On Sep 12, 2021
Mine read cocluded. I’m so worried
Olaola01:
Pls how was ur decision mail write up look like... Was is ur UK application has been issued.. Pls am waiting ur response.. Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ListerCompaq: 4:09am On Sep 12, 2021
phadriz:
Good morning everyone,

I just stumbled on this, do we have anyone in Bradford university, I'm currently waiting for offer letter to progress my relocation to UK through student Visa.

I have an offer from them. Sept but deferred to January
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mikkieshow: 4:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Greetings My People,

Do you know what exchange rate calculator UKVI utilize for foreign currency exchange rates?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 4:33am On Sep 12, 2021
bemagnify:

Paid last week with UBA.. the rate was 580.8/GBP

Please I am yet to understand something, is it cheaper paying from Nigeria because the person who I want to help me pay my deposit in the UK is charging me the normal black market rate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by samint1: 5:17am On Sep 12, 2021
A big congratulations to you guys. Can you please shed more lights on how you obtained the transit visa? I believe you did since you traveled with klm.
Thanks
Ogheneakpors:
Visa Alert

Visa type - Standard for myself and spouse.

Spouse Biometrics - July 26

Main Applicants Biometrics - July 28

No non straight forward mail

Collection mail - Aug 15

Visa Pickup - Aug 16

Left Nigeria - 9th Sept via KLM

Had a lot of N200 notes and wet almost all grounds at the airport.......easy passage.

Questions asked at UK Border police (BP)

BP - What are you here for

Me - To study

BP - oh, what course

Me - Blanked for a few secs and then said my course.

BP - (Looks at spouse) and you

Spouse - I am just accompanying her.

BP - oh, you are not here to study

Spouse - No. Just her.

BP - Do you have something from the school to show this?

Me - Hand her my CAS

BP - No thats from us, I mean something from the school.

Me - Hand her my admission letter

BP - Scrutinizes it with an expressionless face. Takes our bio. Stamps something. Looks up and says....Welcome to England.

Me - Thank you.

God is ever faithful.

Big shout out to @amylew who helped with my visa application.

All the best to those coming in and still awaiting their visas.

10 day isolation countdown.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Venerable612(m): 5:20am On Sep 12, 2021
bemagnify:

Yes sir, but yours is still good. You will have more legal experience. I wanted to apply for the LPC but none was available for January intake, so I had to settle for LLM (general law).

Correct. But The LPC option applies only to those with a UK LLB or GDL Degree. But in any case, it’s phased out now - and replaced with the SQE 1 & 2.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oggg: 5:49am On Sep 12, 2021
Rabato:

Please I am yet to understand something, is it cheaper paying from Nigeria because the person who I want to help me pay my deposit in the UK is charging me the normal black market rate.
it is cheaper with form A for school fees. Go to your bank and ask for this. Black market rate is a whole lot

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 5:52am On Sep 12, 2021
Oggg:
it is cheaper with form A for school fees. Go to your bank and ask for this. Black market rate is a whole lot

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AbuZ0909: 6:28am On Sep 12, 2021
Good morning Nairaland Family.
Please, kindly help me with list of London schools (I mean within or around London) with January 2022 postgraduate studies in Education. And
2. Also list of schools that accept HND(accountancy) for postgraduate studies.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OrionDigits24: 6:35am On Sep 12, 2021
Happy Sunday to everyone,
Please do I need a transit Visa to fly Qatar Airways? as it will stop over at Doha, if yes, how do I go about it?
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oladi10: 7:11am On Sep 12, 2021
Oh alright, I'm still waiting for collection mail...hopefully I get it on Monday
Risazii:
My spouse got his visa today, though he did his biometrics at Abuja tls on the 20th of August. Still waiting for decision mail for one of our kids and collection for all three. How about you?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Richhard(m): 7:14am On Sep 12, 2021
bemagnify:

Paid last week with UBA.. the rate was 580.8/GBP

Thanks sire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fybe(f): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2021
Please has anyone heard of rejection because of paying visa and IHS Fee before POF matures?

I have not uploaded documents or submitted the application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BigDickhead1: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2021
Callmed:
Do have a student email address? If you do you can get the discount

Yes, I have a student email address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Callmed: 7:36am On Sep 12, 2021
BigDickhead1:

Yes, I have a student email address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Callmed: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2021
AbuZ0909:
Good morning Nairaland Family.
Please, kindly help me with list of London schools (I mean within or around London) with January 2022 postgraduate studies in Education. And
2. Also list of schools that accept HND(accountancy) for postgraduate studies.
Thanks and God bless.
Good morning and Happy Sunday sir.

Please navigate through the page, read from the first thread. The link to important information is on page 1.

Alternatively, use Google.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Callmed: 7:41am On Sep 12, 2021
OrionDigits24:
Happy Sunday to everyone,
Please do I need a transit Visa to fly Qatar Airways? as it will stop over at Doha, if yes, how do I go about it?
Thanks.
No, you don't

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MissOwaa: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2021
So sorry, what was the reason for refusal if I may ask. I remember you did interview. @justwise other gurus please help with answer to his question.

Teecol:
Hello Fam, Please when applying for administrative review, are you attaching your response or typing it into a box. And whats the character limit. pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cdieli(m): 7:44am On Sep 12, 2021
Please I need help or link from anyone in Scotland in securing an accommodation at Paisley, Scotland. I have been trying to get an accommodation, my travelling date is getting close. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 7:51am On Sep 12, 2021
Rabato:

Nigerian banks use the official CBN rate.. therefore it is cheaper than black market rate...

Black market rate for GBP is about 730 while Official bank rate is 580 to 590...

Choose wisely bro.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ambasado4lyf: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2021
Ayorindejenny:

Have you gotten accommodation, how did you get it?

No, I haven't. Getting one seems difficult. Would you wish to connect on whatsapp for enhanced communication?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zeke100(m): 8:13am On Sep 12, 2021
zeke100:
I'll testify in this part soon

Posted this with faith and I'm here to testify

Visa Alert!

Priority application ABUJA TLS
Submitted: 30/8/2021
Biometric: 31/08/2021
Collection mail: 06/09/2021
Delivered : 08/09/2021

To God be all the glory

28 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bemagnify: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2021
zeke100:

Posted this with faith and I'm here to testify

Visa Alert!

Priority application ABUJA TLS
Submitted: 30/8/2021
Biometric: 31/08/2021
Collection mail: 06/09/2021
Delivered : 08/09/2021

To God be all the glory
Congrats sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Anbandaras: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2021
Good Morning Gurus in the house ,I want to pay for IHS,i have a dependant,added her details during the application,I’m confused it’s showing I don’t have dependant, any input please

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogheneakpors: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2021
obisdupsy:
Please when you were filling for your spouse,was there any question like visa expiry date for the person you're joining?

Please it's urgent can you help with that question?

Yes. I used my course end date as seen on my CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogheneakpors: 8:56am On Sep 12, 2021
samint1:
A big congratulations to you guys. Can you please shed more lights on how you obtained the transit visa? I believe you did since you traveled with klm.
Thanks

The transit visa is for only 1stop in the schengen area. While the shortstay visa is for more than 1 stop. Please confirm that your flight is just one stop before you go ahead.

Applied on the France website. Made payment for appointment - about 20k per person

Went for biometrics and paid for the visa - about 40k per person

Visa / Passport was returned in 3 days.

Documents needed.
France Visa application.
VFS appointment confirmation.
Passport.
Passport photographs with white background
Bank statement for 1month.
Make copies before you go or inside the venue....those outside are pricey.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogheneakpors: 9:00am On Sep 12, 2021
ericpetters:

Did they ask for accommodation or where you will be isolating?

Yes. Forgot that bit.
I landed in an airport far from my school but close to where I will be isolating

So she asked why i came through there, I told her its the closest to place X where I would be isolating.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogheneakpors: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2021
Amarathripple0:

Congratulations! I’m guessing you got transit visas to fly with KLM?

Yes we did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2021
Please I want to pay for visa fee and Ihs fee, can I use my gtb us$ debit card
But the money is in dollars oh
Urgent please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Visa2022: 9:08am On Sep 12, 2021
Hello Folks,
Please I need all the advice I can get so I don't make a costly mistake.

I recently secured an admission in Teesside University, Middlesbrough, UK.(Data Science and Analytics)..

The tuition fee I'm to pay is approximately £15k ( over 4 or 5 instalments).

Now my question is:
What are the prospects of me being able to raise this sum of money from side jobs I'd take up, considering the limited work hours permit for student visas. (£15k looks like a lot of money and I'd overstretch myself to meet up with payment).

My bro has been advising me to ignore the admission and apply to US schools next year and see if I can secure admission on scholarship ( He's currently schooling on scholarship)...

He says trying to meet up with the £15k tuition payment would wear me out and drastically affect my performance at school, which makes no sense in the long run.

Please House, what do you think?? Are there chances of raising such funds within the 1year period

Please I need all the advise I can get.
Cc: justwise

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by francis00(m): 9:12am On Sep 12, 2021
Please what does non straightforward email means from UKVI

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.