Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1250342 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 12:01am On Sep 15, 2021
this is false information and misleading

they only charged 18 pounds for the 5,500pounds transaction

how is it disastrous and expensive?

ha ba

Kukujajaja:
Paying tuitions with fly wire is quite disastrous unless you got plenty monies or you're urgently on a red flag. I do encourage applicants, to apply early as possible in order to make use of banks form A systems.
If you are related to Dangote, I suggest you go ahead with fly wire, services are faster and reliable of course as it names implies "fly wire". Best of luck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Beeyems: 12:02am On Sep 15, 2021
Wait can you really get closer dates with premium lounge?

Ipajaprince:

Okay boss thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 12:04am On Sep 15, 2021
please He applied in July and traveled in August

he is in UK now
justwise:

Couple of questions...

1. When did your brother applied for his visa?

2. Has your brother travelled to the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 12:05am On Sep 15, 2021
his application was July and he left in August
fificole:
Was your brother's application recent?. If it was, that's tricky if the available funds will not cover both of you.

If you have not started counting, transfer funds to your account. Your mum will understand.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Beeyems: 12:06am On Sep 15, 2021
I'm not sure is the transaction charge that is the issue more so the exchange rate, it is really on the high side

Egocen:

ha ba

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by mohtunrahyor(f): 12:16am On Sep 15, 2021
ListerCompaq:

So for a family of 3, IHS will be USD 2,366.
Do you have an idea of how much dollar goes for in the black market now?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Egocen: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2021
no form A here according to the bank

Beeyems:
I'm not sure is the transaction charge that is the issue more so the exchange rate, it is really on the high side

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 12:43am On Sep 15, 2021
ijeshaprincess:

A lot of options comes up when you google "student accommodation paisely". Have you checked them out?

Thank you. I’m looking for a two bedroom flat as I’m going with my family.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Phenmeson(m): 12:53am On Sep 15, 2021
vivvica:
Please who can recommend Covid test kit for uk for me .

Thank you

https://dantelabs.co.uk/
Is less than £85 for Day 2&8 kits

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hardae(m): 12:55am On Sep 15, 2021
Zenanted:
The address you'll stay while in UK
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Safeob27: 1:09am On Sep 15, 2021
Good morning guys please I need your input. I’m planning to go for my masters in the UK next year, January or September intake and I’m caught between choosing a masters degree in social work or public health. Which has more prospects in the UK please?

For people who have studied or are studying any of these courses please can you tell me about your experience?

Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ugomaxx: 1:10am On Sep 15, 2021
VISA ALERT !!!!
I've always wanted to type that, now i get to, all thanks to my Redeemer Jehovah God.
I ported from the Canada express entry thread after i finally admitted to myself that that walka no go get head. This, after so much material & emotional investment. However, i do recall that the brain trust there made sure to advise all who cared to listen to convert their settlement (maintenance as it is called here) funds to a foreign currency, which i grudgingly did @ d tym. Infact, d week i finalised this "conversion" was d week d Naira was devaluated, prior to that it was around #360. I reference this because the exchange rate difference went a long way to helping cushion this very expensive Journey.
God has turned up for me every step of the way & i return all Glory to him. Sure, i still have my fears, new country, culture & all, but I know i/we will be all right las las.
Permit me to bore you some more with details of my application.
Unconditional Offer: 04/06/2021
TB Test & Certificate issuance: 14/07/2021
PRE-CAS Interview; 21/07/2021
Application date: 12/08/2021
biometric date: 16/08/2021
App moved & received @ DMC: 16/08/2021
App moved back to VAC: 13/09/2021
Collection mail: 13/09/2021
Collection proper: 14/092021
Standard Ikeja.
All I can say with regards to Standard application is to avoid it at all cost, especially during peak period, unless of course a part of you craves high blood pressure. The wait broke me as a man, hard guy hard guy, after 15 working days......
Anyways, i sent paid email on 01/09 & got the generic "processing, awaiting decision" response. At the time the tension done too hold me, sotey i post d letter here for interpretation, as if the letter was written in swahili. My school also called UKVI on my behalf, after initially not being inclined to do so, i think it May have helped. Perhaps folks here ought to try it.
Finally, thanks to the selfless people here who make out time to make life easier for faceless strangers. Perhaps, if Nigeria had more of you guys, we'd stay back in the only place we could really call home.
Hang in there Missowa & ieltsace. You're in my prayers, it will surely happen.
Bros J, your boy is always loyal.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ifeoluuwa: 2:33am On Sep 15, 2021
Nothing yet. Still hopeful. I intend to look for a temporary place to stay in Bristol and look accommodation myself after quarantine.

briliantsak:

Hi Ifeoluwa,

Any luck yet? I have been using spareroom for my search. I also want to stay close to UWE as I'm currently in Birmingham for quarantine which is about 2hrs to UWE.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Christybibi: 2:51am On Sep 15, 2021
Pls as an applicant, I chose self service and uploaded a marriage certificate before submitting. Should I take change of name affidavit to TLS centre for upload, is it necessary

Also I as the main applicant uploaded Bank statements, does my husband who is my dependent need to submit the same bank statements I already uploaded since we are traveling together.

Pls today is my biometric appointment at TLS Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TheFuckQueen: 2:54am On Sep 15, 2021
Bourne007:
Only if you are applying together at the same time

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Christybibi: 3:04am On Sep 15, 2021
Good morning everyone

Pls I need your advice

Pls as an applicant, I chose self service and uploaded a marriage certificate before submitting. Should I take change of name affidavit to TLS centre for upload, is it necessary

Also I as the main applicant uploaded Bank statements, does my husband who is my dependent need to submit the same bank statements I already uploaded since we are traveling together.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ogbaba123: 3:14am On Sep 15, 2021
Please is any one going for walk-in at the Ikeja TLS or has anyone done walk-in recently At Ikeja. Kindly indicate please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Christybibi: 3:15am On Sep 15, 2021
TheFuckQueen:

Thanks

We are applying together but we have different appointments date, mine is today, his own is on 17th.

So to upload the change of name affidavit do I have to pay for assisted service of 11,700 naira and for my husband to upload the bank statements (even though I have uploaded it) does he need to pay 11,700naira also?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Beeyems: 3:18am On Sep 15, 2021
I'm on my way there now

Ogbaba123:
Please is any one going for walk-in at the Ikeja TLS or has anyone done walk-in recently At Ikeja. Kindly indicate please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by joideviv(m): 3:23am On Sep 15, 2021
pimpc007:
google maps

So you think say I no use goodle map before coming to see for help?
Thanks anyways but google map won't tell you where to pick a cab or even alight from a bus, would it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by joideviv(m): 3:24am On Sep 15, 2021
Igbamatigbi:

From Maraba, pick a cab to AYA, drop at AYA go under the bridge you will see keke riders ahead of you,tell them to take you to IOM it's 100 naira with keke from AYA to your destination.

Thanks a million, you have save me some pennies.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 4:51am On Sep 15, 2021
mohtunrahyor:

676.47 USD is £470
Dependant IHS fee for 1 year

Dependants now pay lower IHS fee
Pls do you av any idea whether two years program for dependents pay lesser too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 5:01am On Sep 15, 2021
Pls who recently paid for ihs fee for 18 months, for dependent, pls how much did you pay?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Tybello101: 5:22am On Sep 15, 2021
Pls Fam quick answers will be appreciated!
While Filling the passenger Locator Form, am I supposed to use the address of where I will temporarily quarantine at or the school accommodation address were I will be permanently staying?
Answers pls,
Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 5:33am On Sep 15, 2021
Where can you be located? It is the address that you are staying. They often come around to check o.
Tybello101:
While Filling the passenger Locator Form, am I supposed to use the address of where I will temporarily quarantine at or the school accommodation address were I will be permanently staying?
Answers pls,
Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fetomowo: 5:37am On Sep 15, 2021
Christy,

If you have indicated that you and your dependants are using the same finance evidence in your application, then your upload is sufficient.

As regards change of name affidavit, you don't need to upload that since you have uploaded your marriage certificate. However, if you feel more comfortable doing that, they can help you in TLS. I am assuming that, the change of name is due to marriage here.

Cheers

Christybibi:
Good morning everyone

Pls I need your advice

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1Hover1(m): 5:58am On Sep 15, 2021
He can't use this. It's not the child making the application. Straightforward is better, I am the parent of the child.... So they know the child's parent is the one doing the application. They don't expect an 8 y/o to fill an application form successfully by him/her self.

Enraf:

use I am the applicant aged under 18

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pattadon: 6:04am On Sep 15, 2021
Tybello101:
Answers pls,
Thanks.

where you will quarantine.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by prettyamarh(f): 6:33am On Sep 15, 2021
obtwice:
Hello everyone... pls who is going to teeside Uni.. for january... kindly reach out on Obieokoye@yahoo.com... lets relate.. thanks

Hi Obtwice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by marztar(m): 6:48am On Sep 15, 2021
Christybibi:
Good morning everyone

Pls I need your advice

I would upload the marriage certificate and statement if I were you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by paddedbabe: 7:11am On Sep 15, 2021
Please is this information correct?
mohtunrahyor:

676.47 USD is £470
Dependant IHS fee for 1 year

Dependants now pay lower IHS fee
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by OSCARTM: 7:13am On Sep 15, 2021
Egocen:

ha ba

They don't usually scroll down the page to see transfer option grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.