Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,825 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1244747 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by prettyamarh(f): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
kenniekel:
Hello everyone my name is Kenny, please I need an urgent reply, please is there any school in UK that those not require IELTS can u kindly list them, I want to study masters in Education and I want to start my application immediately. Thank you.

Teeside university

University of Hertfordshire

University of Sunderland

University of Bolton

Coventry University

And lots of others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2021
CAS is issued by UKVI. When you have admission from any school and have met with all the requirements for CAS, the school will send your details to UKVI who then give your CAS information to the school before the school finally gives it to you. So when you submit Visa application, the school get notified.
Abiseundun:
@justwise and everyone , does this mean CAS has been used?
Or how did they know I have applied please?

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by nineville(m): 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2021
harrrry:
My ATAS is taking forever. Any advice please?

High time you escalated it to your school, if you haven't.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by paddedbabe: 2:54pm On Sep 15, 2021
paddedbabe:
Can i go for walk in at tls Abuja tomorrow an what time is the best time to go
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by paddedbabe: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Does TLS Abuja still attend to walk in applicants and of yes,what time should I be there because I want to walk in tomorrow 16th September.
Kindly help me answer this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
They stopped walk in last Tuesday. don't know if they restarted, that's the only info I can give u
paddedbabe:
Does TLS Abuja still attend to walk in applicants and of yes,what time should I be there because I want to walk in tomorrow 16th September.
Kindly help me answer this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by nineville(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
engrofodile:
Please any update on Emirates airline?

Suspension extended till 19th of September. Though, that is not realistic as they kept on extending endlessly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fountain67: 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2021
Walk-in is very difficult now, unless if you're ready to stay from morning till night. Just go there as early as 6am to write your name down. Luck might shine on you.
paddedbabe:
Can i go for walk in at tls Abuja tomorrow an what time is the best time to go

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ipajaprince(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Jaylo79:

As soon as the next day? If I apply today will it be possible to get for tomorrow? Or I should just go for walk in

Yes I paid yesterday and did my biometrics today under one hour..walk in is hard o...the crowd plenty

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by rukkykelvin(m): 3:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello, my people; Today has been a sad � day in my house. My sis who applied for a student visa since the last week of July on got an email today to go pick up her passport at the TLS office Abuja after so many delays despite paying for priority service.

When she picked up her passport there was no visa stamp on it to make the matter even more confusing, there was no letter stating reasons for her refusal as well.

Please house we need advice on what further actions to take on this case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Sheryyyy:

I had savings in place, plus support from sponsor.
I'm talking about the initial deposit to be made here in Nigeria.
As I've come across lots of UK schools in the region of £1.5k - £3k...And I've got my financial plan/budget within that range...that's what I meant.

Bro sorry this still doesn’t add up, if you have savings and a sponsor then £4K deposit should be part of that.

If you are struggling to deposit 4K then how can you afford school fees, maintenance money, visa fees and flight ticket.?

To study in the UK you need about £20K or more depending on the school and location

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by midejide123: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ipajaprince:

Yes I paid yesterday and did my biometrics today under one hour..walk in is hard o...the crowd plenty

What visa type? I submitted a priority application ystd… what’s the best time to walk in? What docs will I need?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kaffy055: 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good day to you all here.pls as any one received CAS from Sheffield hallam university for January intake. And pls also want to know how good the place is , in terms of student job
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Maynne: 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2021
quote author=Abiseundun post=105836447] @justwise and everyone , does this mean CAS has been used?
Or how did they know I have applied please?[/quote]

I got a similar email from my school... yeah it means your cas has been used
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Timmypaul: 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2021
September 7 priority applicant TLS ikeja , have you guys gotten your collection mail. Is there anyone out there who haven’t gotten any update yet should please signify let know ourselves.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ipajaprince(m): 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2021
midejide123:

What visa type? I submitted a priority application ystd… what’s the best time to walk in? What docs will I need?

Student visa, just go with the print out of your appointment details and payment and you will be allowed in..If you chose self service upload all your documents online and go with your checklist,data page, passport itself, first page of your visa application

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
theonelad:
Hi everyone, @Kenny4smart @emmynent @nattty @DeehoneyHomes @Gtessy

My sister is off to Sheffield Hallam University this January. She has been issued an unconditional offer.

I would like to know how long it takes for the pre-CAS interview if she pays her deposit by Friday? Will she be required to submit her 28-days bank statement before she would be allowed to do the interview or before CAS is issued?

I have sent an email to the University about this but we haven't heard a response.

How is the pre-CAS interview like in terms of Duration? I reckon it will be via Skype?

Thank you in advance for your response

As soon as Sheffield Hallam confirms her tuition fee deposit, she will between 2 to 6 days be sent a link through mail for Pre-CAS booking appointment via Skype, in that link contains possible dates within which she can book the interview, now how soon the date she's selecting depends on how prepared she is for the interview because it can as well be failed. (Take note)

If she's successful with the Pre-CAS interview she will receive her CAS within 5 working days maximum.

No, Sheffield Hallam does not require POF nor TB Test cert before CAS is issued. The only prerequisite is the Pre-CAS Interview as I have explained.

The interview is 15 mins maximum all things being equal. It is done through Skype and in that booking link, they will explain to her what she needs to do for a hitch free Interview. The key is just to prepare well.

I hope this answers your questions.

Goodluck to her!!

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
leggyb:
Booking PCR tests with testingforall.org has been ok with me so far.

I landed UK on the 12th, got to my apartment by midnight. On the 13th, by 12, i received my day 2 and day 8 kits. I followed the instructions and took the self swab. I returned it immediately by dropping it in a royal mail box around me (it's free, just drop it in and go).

On the 14th, the next day, i received my day 2 result via email.

Update on private accomodation payment via Form A.

I am thankful my landlord accepted that i quarantine in my accommodation without deposit and without payment yet. I only assured him that international transfers through the bank takes time. He agreed with me on that. Meanwhile i escalated my application for private accomodation with Gtbank on the 9th of September before travelling.

Fresh documents were requested from headquarters lagos, i submitted at area 11 Abuja (someone helped me fill the form actually).

To quickly conclude, i have been sent my telex. 44weeks contract of 2672GBP paid via form A for 1.5m approx.

I was rejected application for private accomodation by numerous banks. It came through finally. If you wish to follow this path, you must get all documents ready. Had to forward my signed contracts on request.

Distance to your school? Is the rent all bills inclusive?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Vecharry(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2021
asamwababy:
Hello house

A relative came across question on have you worked for government public and non military compulsory national service.

Should the answer be Yes and include NYSC details.

Please advice

Nysc is not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wealthinwealth1: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2021
Good evening house, dependant restriction, sportsman stuff was written on my visa page, pls wat does it mean? Does it mean as a dependant I cant work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
rukkykelvin:
Hello, my people; Today has been a sad � day in my house. My sis who applied for a student visa since the last week of July on got an email today to go pick up her passport at the TLS office Abuja after so many delays despite paying for priority service.

When she picked up her passport there was no visa stamp on it to make the matter even more confusing, there was no letter stating reasons for her refusal as well.

Please house we need advice on what further actions to take on this case.

This is so sad!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by pimpc007(m): 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
September 9th Abuja TLS. I don open tracker taya today, still @ DMC. Ok is like the new style is everything will land at once on the 5th day, by God's grace (he no go shame us). Tomorrow for us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tsowems(m): 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hello people, how are you doing?. If you applied for standard I’ll advice you call your university, they can look into the delay for you most especially if your course is starting under 7 days.
Also I did biometric on 11th aug. Got 3 decision has been made email on aug30, sept 2nd and sept 13th.

Checking my student portal now I can see my visa number expiration date and issuance date which was September 7 since Aug 11 that we’ve done biometric
Wishing everyone all the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damseltiwa: 5:04pm On Sep 15, 2021
Congratulations to her sir. Please let her send me a message on damselteewa@gmail.com[quote author=Teetom90 post=105810024][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by damseltiwa: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Yes please. damselteewa@gmail.com
Hello please can we connect. I got admission from UH
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by vivvica(f): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
tsowems:
Hello people, how are you doing?. If you applied for standard I’ll advice you call your university, they can look into the delay for you most especially if your course is starting under 7 days.
Also I did biometric on 11th aug. God 3 decision has been made email on aug30, sept 2nd and sept 13th.

Checking my student portal now I can see my visa number expiration date and issuance date which was September 7 since Aug 11 that we’ve done biometric
Wishing everyone all the best

I guess schools know when a student has been issued visa . Just buy your ticket down for pending the time you get your passport back so you will be ready .

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by midejide123: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ipajaprince:

Student visa, just go with the print out of your appointment details and payment and you will be allowed in..If you chose self service upload all your documents online and go with your checklist,data page, passport itself, first page of your visa application

Thanks for the info I appreciate… I heard they write names overnight… I’m planning to go there at night… so you advice that? I really need to get it done ASAP.. my resumption is on 20th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Koolwilly(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2021
Please who has used Barter card to pay for Priority Appointment on TLS?
I am getting payment unsuccesful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Ebunsimi: 5:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Harleamah:
nothing yet o
the wait is unnerving

I received decision mails for my dependents this afternoon. What about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abiseundun: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
Thank you for your reply
Patnuel2015:
CAS is issued by UKVI. When you have admission from any school and have met with all the requirements for CAS, the school will send your details to UKVI who then give your CAS information to the school before the school finally gives it to you. So when you submit Visa application, the school get notified.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Bluetherapy: 5:33pm On Sep 15, 2021
aragbaboy:

Which airline is RAM?
Royal Air Maroc

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.