Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1250365 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2021
keemo:
Please @justwise and other gurus in the,please what documents will I need for my wife to apply for her dependants visa after I have arrived in the UK....thanks �

Check first page of this thread, you have detailed explanation there
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kenny4smart(m): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2021
omojolar:
I booked Turkish airlines to Birmingham

When is your flight and for how much please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Schoolhike: 9:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Barad:
Good morning, please can someone kindly post what is needed to travel. What documents to take to the airport, how many copies,etc. I'm due to travel tomorrow. PS, try to get ur PTA from banks with a one way ticket as a student. I got mine.

Which back please??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Rabato: 9:57am On Sep 23, 2021
kofoworolad2:
Good day guys
Please is there another site for TB test appointment??
The one I have isn't working
Please it's urgent

You don’t need to book online just send them an email and let the subject of the the email be “ URGENT REQUEST FOR UK MEDICALS” you will get an automatic email at first and then later get an appointment date. That was how I did mine last week and I have my certificate now.

This is the email address to send your request to do this as soon as you can.
iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by naijatisumi: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2021
House please what can be an issue with this application. We received a mail from Abu Dhabi for the last kid on Sunday and they resent the mail again yesterday yet no collection mail and when we tried to track it still showing at DMC. It’s past 15 working days already.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2021
tosade1:

Good day guys,

Please if someone pays full tuition fee after gaining admission, how much would the person need as POF

Inside London...£12006,
Outside London...€9207

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2021
tosade1:

Good day guys,

Please if someone pays full tuition fee after gaining admission, how much would the person need as POF

Inside London...£12006,
Outside London...€9207

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Osaene: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2021
Please what does it mean that application was resolved and a date was stated?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Christybibi: 10:40am On Sep 23, 2021
Hello every one, has anyone who did biometrics on 15th of September gotten Visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Aphrikanna: 10:47am On Sep 23, 2021
Please guys, how much did you pay for priority and your health surcharge in naira o. E be like say agent wan run me street
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Christybibi: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2021
corpershun:

LMAO
Infact only God knows all things.

Sent an email to Pretoria, replied that my application was resolved yesterday and to wait for TLS. Yet tracker shows still at DMC
and TLS has refused to update.
Sept 14 biometric, priority

Pls Corpershun have you previously received an email from them or did you specifically emailed Pretoria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Alkidam(m): 10:57am On Sep 23, 2021
Please is there any Kingstone university student presently in u.k here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Goke7: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2021
Visa Alert

Application September 8 Priority
Biometrics Sept 14, TLS Ikeja
Sent to DMC Sept 14
Sent VAC September 22
Collection Mail September 22
Collected September 23

Thanks to everyone making this platform thick

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2021
justwise:

This is not true, if the house is advertised for 500 or 1000 that is exactly what you should pay, you don't offer to pay higher amount, you can offer to pay more than one mouth rent deposit in advance just to secure the place.

If you want to get a house quicker as a student look for houses a bit away from your school, 15-20mins distance, houses closer to universities are in hot demand now but by Feb up the demand drops.

Alternatively..rent school accommodation for only one semester then move out after that for a private accommodation which is cheaper.

If you are renting through an agent you will be asked to pay additional fees for their services, for paper work and even renewing that tenancy agreement.

I just gave hint on how to secure accomodation faster than the desired, i wasn't assuming or guessing. Most of what I have listed here is exactly how I got my accommodation for a family of 5 in Newcastle. I offered additional £70 to what was advertised and we got it almost immediately after two moths search,by the way we had been offering to pay 6moths upfront and could not get any.

So when you say this is not true, that is not accurate .

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kofoworolad2(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2021
Rabato:

You don’t need to book online just send them an email and let the subject of the the email be “ URGENT REQUEST FOR UK MEDICALS” you will get an automatic email at first and then later get an appointment date. That was how I did mine last week and I have my certificate now.

This is the email address to send your request to do this as soon as you can.
iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int

Thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Babababy(m): 11:24am On Sep 23, 2021
fificole:
Thank you. This should be referenced especially for those going with dependents.

For right-to-rent I had to provide my CAS since my school will only start releasing BRP cards next Monday. Some agents accept it.

Additionally, we offered 6 months rent as advised in another forum, but when the contact came, it stated 1 month/monthly payments. Guessing this is in line with your 3rd point.

Exactly, they seem to prefer a higher bid than bulk payment. In fact a particular agency put it up for bid on their website. You make an offer directly to the landlord through a bidding portal on their site.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by TundeChris: 11:27am On Sep 23, 2021
cortix:

I'm in the same shoe with you

Do you have any information on how to go about it? Some people are saying I should just go ahead, some are saying no. I spoke with an agent sometime last month and he said he has several people schooling in the UK right now that had this same issue that it is no problem.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by corpershun: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2021
Christybibi:

Pls Corpershun have you previously received an email from them or did you specifically emailed Pretoria

I emailed them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fabulous2019: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2021
fabulous2019:
Please house, for people that have travelled, I heard immigration ask for POF, but after giving Visa, the money will be converted in black market so, the POF will fall below the required POF , also after paying part of your tution, the money will drop, hope it will not be an issue if your POF is below the amount the embassy assessed , when entering UK

Please abeg someone advice me I want to use form A to pay 50% but my POF would drop please I need urgent help am about to go to bank to pay with form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tosade1: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks, please do you have idea if its the official rate or black market
Gigli:

Inside London...£12006,
Outside London...€9207
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by marvelife: 11:49am On Sep 23, 2021
naijatisumi:
House please what can be an issue with this application. We received a mail from Abu Dhabi for the last kid on Sunday and they resent the mail again yesterday yet no collection mail and when we tried to track it still showing at DMC. It’s past 15 working days already.
@ naijatisumi I'm also in Abu Dhabi I've been to vfs twice
Can I dm you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gentle21: 11:51am On Sep 23, 2021
Thanks for the clarification.

kofoworolad2:

I guess it's too early ..
My school said they process CAS 3months before your start date
So for January should be from next month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by theonelad(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2021
kaffy055:

We are in the same ship o,I even paid on the 3rd of September and up till now have not gotten any mail from them. But I called the finance office and they confirmed they have received the deposit. I was told they dont send confirmation when money is received. The Nigerian office told me they are still dealing with the September intakes and before they can attend to January it will be late September or October. Normally when they receive the payment 3 days later, they book you for pre cas interview and after that 5 days after pre cas if passed, cas will be sent over to you.

Thank you for your response.

Do you happen to have a number for the finance department?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by theonelad(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
jesusbae32:
Which bank did you use please?
My school is also Sheffield ( January intake)

I used a UK bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cortix(m): 12:28pm On Sep 23, 2021
TundeChris:

Do you have any information on how to go about it? Some people are saying I should just go ahead, some are saying no. I spoke with an agent sometime last month and he said he has several people schooling in the UK right now that had this same issue that it is no problem.

An agent told me to get a court affidavit
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by angelss813(f): 12:34pm On Sep 23, 2021
Visa Visa Visa!!!!!

I have promised to share my Testimony on this page.
Visa of my daughter came out Successful and getting ready to travel to Leeds Beckett University.
To God be all the Glory.
Thanks to all who has contributed in one way or the other, God bless you all

26 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kaffy055: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2021
theonelad:

Thank you for your response.

Do you happen to have a number for the finance department?

You can call the school directly thru this number +441142254957 and ask for the status of your application. They will tell you if the money as reflected on ur application. I was told they will start issuing CAS probably next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2021
Maintenance fee only.
tosade1:

Good day guys,

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by tajmal: 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2021
Which school is this, please?
kaffy055:

You can call the school directly thru this number +441142254957 and ask for the status of your application. They will tell you if the money as reflected on ur application. I was told they will start issuing CAS probably next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 12:57pm On Sep 23, 2021
Go ahead. They would know you have paid 50% and deduct it from the money you're required to have in your account.
fabulous2019:

Please abeg someone advice me I want to use form A to pay 50% but my POF would drop please I need urgent help am about to go to bank to pay with form A
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 12:58pm On Sep 23, 2021
My story with UKVI is still loading...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2021
OANDA rate.
tosade1:
Thanks, please do you have idea if its the official rate or black market

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.