Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1249162 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by izyblaze(f): 4:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
She should use the name on her international passport. Her marriage certificate is sufficient proof to apply for her husband
Newerakings:
A friend wants to apply for master degree admissions in the UK.

Her challenge is that her FIrst degree certificate bears her Father's name as surname and she now bears her husband's name as surname.

She is confused as to the proper name she can use for the application for admission and for her international passport. Should she use the name appearing on her degree certificate or her husbands name as surname ?

Take note: she intend to apply for a family visa with her husband.

Your honest opinion will appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jaylo79: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2021
seunds:

Did my own biometric on the 22nd Sept. (VI TLScontact), also priority and got the same email today. Asked a mate that got her visa recently and according to her, some pple get such email too and later got their VISA. It will end well.

If you can get intouch with your bank and ask if they got a mail from UKVI, and urge them to reply on time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
When the child bis born, get h/her passport I'm london. As for the dependency I don't think you will have to file since she is gonna be born in UK.
Fikayo22:
Hello house, Please I need clarity on something. I am currently pregnant and studying in the UK, I'm here with hubby who is a dependent. I'm due next year before my student visa expires. However, I intend to apply for the two years post-study. My question now is concerning my baby.
Do I have to apply for a Dependent Visa for him/her?
How do I go about his/her passport?

please, I need to know how it's done so that I can start saving towards it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Exchange rate is not that high. Please go for university with lesser tuition. There are many of them under 1400 pounds or even less.
Rollitout:
I just got admission to 2 universities in the UK and they call it conditioner offer, I am required to pay £2,000 as part payment, the entire tuition is about £20,840 for the whole 12months of study, the current conversion rate is £1 - - - - - ₦740
My question is, how are Nigerians studying abroad able to meet up with their tuition fee.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MsMo: 4:35pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please anyone who did their biometrics on 17th Sept (priority) VI lagos, any update please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 4:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
cedar3:

I'm sorry but that's not totally true. Presently, NEVER YOU TOUCH YOUR FUNDS TILL YOU'VE GOTTEN YOUR VISA, or YOU'RE SURE UKVI HAS VERIFIED YOUR ACCT, whichever one is earlier. That is if you love yourself and value all the time and money spent. It happened to me personally, I think it's just chance that made me see it. I got a NSFM 3days after my application, reason was that the bank statement I uploaded wasn't clear and I was asked to reupload another one which I did. Next day, I got the email attached below, obviously in error cos it was intended for the bank, not me. When I replied the email, they apologized and promptly sent it to the bank. Read my story below.

Truth be told they are not supposed to look beyond the 28 days. If they are doing that which is not in line with the rule i dont know.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Cuteteegee: 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Have you done your TB test, do it before Visa Application. If done already, print your PoF and proceed to Visa Application

Please can you run through the process of recieving CAS from Teesside University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Exchange rate is not that high. Please go for university with lesser tuition. There are many of them under 1400 pounds or even less.

There are many University doing from 14000 to 12000GBP and some will give some kind of scholarship about 3500 to 5000GBP.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 4:47pm On Sep 27, 2021
Royalsmaryam:
I got the same mail this morning. I did priority September 23rd. I am so confused. Please if you get any response, let me know. I’m in the same boat as you.

Maybe they are verifying one or two of ur documents, try and contact ur bank to see if they av requested for verification of ur pof, cos same thing happened to my wife..

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
I need insight on this,my initial tls appointment was book as assisted service but I changed to self service cos of a closer date.
Would this be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Fk1987: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
Patnuel2015:
When the child bis born, get h/her passport I'm london. As for the dependency I don't think you will have to file since she is gonna be born in UK.

Also after three months you will pay for child ihs fee and add the child as you dependent.

My opinion though
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Enraf(m): 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2021
fabulous2019:

Abeg I need advice o

E get implication o. Share apartment are not allowed for 10 days quarantine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by emirtea(m): 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please is it necessary to be vaccinated against covid 19 here in Nigeria before going to the UK for school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pacypatty:

Sorry to quote you
Good afternoon, how long does it take for teesside to reply one's application? Going in January. Thank you

It may take sometimes, keep checking , they’re busy on the new intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Atk112(f): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
MsMo:
Please anyone who did their biometrics on 17th Sept (priority) VI lagos, any update please?

[color=#550000]We are together o, hoping for good news this week by God's grace. Amen. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Oyesquare10: 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Enraf:

There are many University doing from 14000 to 12000GBP and some will give some kind of scholarship about 3500 to 5000GBP.

Can you share the names of the schools here please.
I will really appreciate it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Zenanted(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Just entered now
mohtunrahyor:

Please have you received collection mail?

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by obisdupsy: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please any September 14th biometrics vi priority. Have you received collection mail. No message from UKVI nothing from tls till now, tomorrow will make it two weeks. Still at DMC. I am tired
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by em7even(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2021
Shared apartment or shared room?
Enraf:

E get implication o. Share apartment are not allowed for 10 days quarantine
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Kingin007: 5:25pm On Sep 27, 2021
Yaay congratulations in advance i guess they’ll attend to people from 19th this week aswell
Zenanted:
Just entered now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Esitelo: 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2021
Esitelo:
Good morning everyone,
Please this is urgent
Is there any bank giving PTA to students on a one way ticket?

So I asked this question earlier
My husband has been able to get PTA but in dollars with a one way ticket. He showed evidence that his school gave scholarship. So if your school gave a discount on the original tuition even if its 2000 pounds deduction, this serves as a scholarship.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gigli: 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
Ktei:
Hello! Good evening, I want to apply for an undergraduate course in England outside of London for January/February intake 2022. I have been reading this trend since morning, I still don’t understand fully, please I urgently need the list of school open for admission now, I have just waec and I will be needing all of your support. I want social science or business courses…

Please, I need help on this oh, Thanks all

You can apply to direct BSC with your Waec if you have up to 5As and Bs......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gunit87: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thanks I just did.

Appreciate.

obitryce:

Did you attach your wedding pictures to your application? If not get a few (traditional, court and church). Receipts of items/property bought in you and your husband's name. This I believe can serve as evidence
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 5:43pm On Sep 27, 2021
- Wife’s change of name
- HMO cards
- Congratulatory letter on your marriage from the office
- Tenancy agreement
- Flight ticket bought together -old/recent
- Wedding photos and holiday photos
- Weddings invitation
- Letter from your religious leader (Oga at the top)
- Previous applications
- Pension next of kin document
-Car documents
- Non incriminating emails/text/WhatsApp
- Relevant larger family WhatsApp group chat

Gunit87:
We have hospital letter but in our individual names but we have family pictures

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by fificole: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Nice one @ deduction as scholarship

Esitelo:

So I asked this question earlier
My husband has been able to get PTA but in dollars with a one way ticket. He showed evidence that his school gave scholarship. So if your school gave a discount on the original tuition even if its 2000 pounds deduction, this serves as a scholarship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please can anyone who used flutterwave to pay explain to me how it’s done? Can I pay in naira with it? What rate does it uses and what is the limit? Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by corpershun: 5:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
cedar3:
VISA ALERT! VISA ALERT!! VISA ALERT!!!

Finally, it's my turn to testify! My story with UKVI is finally loaded, done and dusted! I've been quite busy since last week to pen this down.
Priority Service, Walk in
Application: 02/09
Biometrics: 03/09
Transfered to DMC: 03/09
Received at DMC: 06/09
NSFM: 08/09
Transfered to VAC: 23/09
Received at VAC: 23/09
Collection mail: 23/09
Collected: 24/09
I went to TLS Ikeja on 02/09/21 to get a space for walkin the next day, even though I haven't even applied for Visa yet, I haven't even gotten my CAS by then! grin grin I requested for my bank statement and got same around 6pm, while at TLS. I forwarded same to my school and received my CAS around 8pm same night. There and then at TLS, I started the application, finished and paid all the fees, got 15/09 as my date but had planned walk in the next day 03/09. My school agent adviced that since I didn't perform any transaction on my day1, I shouldn't use that bank statement as some people were recently refused cos the ECO mistakenly used the dates of transaction instead of the dates stated as the acct summary dates, but I refused and went ahead to use same statement, running from 05/08 to 02/09. After the NSFM and wahala recounted earlier, the waiting was something else. 5working days turned to 15working days. Every day was excruciatingly painful and filled with anxiety, only those who have experienced it will understand. Thanks to @corpershaun, I sent a mail to Pretoria on 22/08 which resulted in getting my collection mail the next day. Truly, what God cannot do does not exist!

Thanks to all who I reached out to during that period.

For those still waiting, just hold your peace and be positive.

DON'T TOUCH YOUR FUNDS TILL YOUR VISA IS OUT OR YOUR ACCOUNT IS VERIFIED, WHICHEVER COMES EARLIER!

Congratulations
So happy for you.
Glad I could help.
Which university are you of to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by 1beat(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Coolcube:

I am a fresher to cyber security. I just want to learn from scratch and take some professional certifications.

What course did you study in your undergraduate program
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 5:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Abiseundun:
Congratulations to you
Could you please share the Pretoria email you used?
pta.visacorrespondence@fcdo.gov.uk
Send to this address
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by cedar3: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
corpershun:

Congratulations
So happy for you.
Glad I could help.
Which university are you of to?
University of Hertfordshire

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrKelvinAg: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Any September 22nd Applicant here Ikeja Tls...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Amazoner01: 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
cedar3:

University of Hertfordshire

Congrats...
My wife applied to this school for January intake, is pof a requirement for cas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.