Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,660 members, 7,801,913 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1244957 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by feddy27: 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
obitryce:
Just landed Manchester (UK) by 7am

Family of five

Biometrics 15-16th .

congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Naturallyme: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
and your full vaccination is more than 14 days after the day of vaccination
Royalsmaryam:

Only if you are fully vaccinated ooo. Please guys don’t misunderstand this post!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by justwise(m): 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2021
Abolu22:
@justwise , please is it normal for me not to get any mail on my application, the only day I received a mail was the day they told me it has been transferred to dmc , but they didn’t send decision mail or it has been received by dmc, but when I tracked it on the app, it says it has been moved to VAc .

When did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2021
Please does Univeristy of Hertfordshire give discount of any kind towards tuition? I see lots of other schools giving 2k or 3k or even 1k fee reduction
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Uchefrancis16(m): 1:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
Enraf:

Open a wise account. And create an account in GBP
https://wise.com/invite/ua/adetokunboo31
Great

Thank you.

I think wise has two options. Which Is wire transfer or swift. Which do you think is best? Thank u

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Seyisuccess: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Ladylhee:

How did you mention it in your application for admission please? This is the email I got from Sunderland uni when I made enquiry about it.

Since you already hold a postgraduate degree and you would like to apply for a course at the same level, you would need to submit a personal statement to justify why you think this course will benefit you in the future in relation to your career goals and aspirations as the Home Office do not like this at all. They ideally want to see students progressing from undergrad, to postgrad, to doctorate level.

Which uni did you apply to please?

I got admitted to this same university of Sunderland, and I hold a prior MSc here in Nigeria. I submitted a personal statement alongside my application on why I'm opting for a new MSc degree. In my case, I'm switching from pure science(biology and Environmental sciences) to IT (Data Science).
Just draft out something and be creative in telling why you want to study the course you're applying to.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
Royalsmaryam:

What is your website tracker showing?
still at DMC

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Wibar: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
Wibar:
Hello, please I will like to know if this affect the address of my tb certificate is ulster city address but now I got an admission from Teeside university with a scholarship that works with my budget can I go still use this same certificate as I will be going to Teeside university and not ulster university
your opinion please
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iyanu14: 2:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
Has anyone received collection mail 29th of September Ikeja TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Royalsmaryam: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Dramadiddy:
still at DMC

We watch out next week again. You and I have the same situation… God help us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Autophys1: 2:27pm On Oct 08, 2021
Visa Alert!!!
Grateful to God for everything.
Thanks to everyone for the conversation here and the answer to queries.

Application submitted: September 5th

Biometrics: September 13th

Collection email: October 4th

Pick-up: October 7th

Application type: Standard

No non-straightforward email
No interview

School resumed 4th October, but I had the option to enroll and resume online and resume onsite at a later date.

It took 15 days .

21 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Pauloot(m): 2:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Waledarep:

You are expected to pay £3500 first as deposit and add up to it to make up 50% of your tuition fee before being allowed to enrol for your program .
If you have history of visa refusal from any country, don’t near this school. They refuse to further my application because I had US visa refusal in the past.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Dramadiddy(m): 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Royalsmaryam:

We watch out next week again. You and I have the same situation… God help us
well at least I don’t feel abnormal for worrying, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by hayzee545(m): 3:03pm On Oct 08, 2021
Emurate6315:
Can we link up? I am applying for the same 2 years Masters in Cyber Security
Sure, let us connect. I will send you a direct message.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by champsdre(m): 3:19pm On Oct 08, 2021
Good afternoon guys, pls i need yur take on this issue. A frend of mine is till yet to have his visa, status shows still at DMC, we applied together on the 17th of Sept. (Priority and WalkIn). We both got a Non Straightforward mail on the 21st of Sept. I got a mail to pick my passport on 4th October. Bt apart from the non straightforward mail we both got on the 21st, he got another one. He was called from Pretoria on the 30th of Sept. Till now no show, was at TLS and was told no decision made yet on his visa. Sent a paid mail on the 5th and havent gotten any response too. Pls what could have been delaying the decision. He has a refusal with Canada and it was stated in his application. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by zealog: 3:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Write a very convincing personal statement, stating why you need a career change. Your personal statement is the key thing the admission Officer will use for his decision.
Ladylhee:

How did you mention it in your application for admission please? This is the email I got from Sunderland uni when I made enquiry about it.

Since you already hold a postgraduate degree and you would like to apply for a course at the same level, you would need to submit a personal statement to justify why you think this course will benefit you in the future in relation to your career goals and aspirations as the Home Office do not like this at all. They ideally want to see students progressing from undergrad, to postgrad, to doctorate level.

Which uni did you apply to please?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Naturallyme: 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
What did they tell him on 30th that he was called from pretoria
champsdre:
Good afternoon guys, pls i need yur take on this issue. A frend of mine is till yet to have his visa, status shows still at DMC, we applied together on the 17th of Sept. (Priority and WalkIn). We both got a Non Straightforward mail on the 21st of Sept. I got a mail to pick my passport on 4th October. Bt apart from the non straightforward mail we both got on the 21st, he got another one. He was called from Pretoria on the 30th of Sept. Till now no show, was at TLS and was told no decision made yet on his visa. Sent a paid mail on the 5th and havent gotten any response too. Pls what could have been delaying the decision. He has a refusal with Canada and it was stated in his application. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by solalal36(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2021
lovable85:

That statement means your “you must have been vaccinated and your vaccination must have elapsed 14 days, it is the same thing here in Germany, your vaccination is only valid after 14 days, it doesn’t mean only those vaccinated 14 days before departure
We are saying the same thing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by anudavies: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hello People, I am making enquiries for some who has ND and has 7 years education gap and wants to go for undergraduate studies in the uk, can anyone please recommend schools he can apply to?. Computer Science to be precise

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abolu22: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
@justwise , I did my biometrics September 30th, but I just got a collection email . I didn’t receive any mail whatsoever prior , no email to let me know if a decision has been made .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
Just 500 pounds if you pay all your tuition on or before 31st of January 2020. They don't give any other discount or scholarship

Newbie123:
Please does Univeristy of Hertfordshire give discount of any kind towards tuition? I see lots of other schools giving 2k or 3k or even 1k fee reduction

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
Are you sure about this information? Do you have any reference to back it up?

Seyisuccess:

No, you pay 50% on enrolment, and the 3500 initial deposit is inclusive of the 50%.
I got admitted for MSc Data Science also, with a 1k off tuition. This brings the remaining tuition to 13,500.
50% of 13,500 is 6,750
You have to pay initial deposit of 3500
Which means you have to pay 3250 on enrolment to meet up with 50% tuition on enrolment.
And the other 50% balance to be paid by May 27th.

I hope you understand my point small.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by babajeje123(m): 4:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Please is there any platform one can use to pay for IHS and visa fee just like Paga?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 4:51pm On Oct 08, 2021
Lol. But why. Not fair at all
Pauloot:

If you have history of visa refusal from any country, don’t near this school. They refuse to further my application because I had US visa refusal in the past.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
Patnuel2015:
Just 500 pounds if you pay all your tuition on or before 31st of January 2020. They don't give any other discount or scholarship

Nawa ooo.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Iyanu14: 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
Which TLS did u use

Abolu22:
@justwise , I did my biometrics September 30th, but I just got a collection email . I didn’t receive any mail whatsoever prior , no email to let me know if a decision has been made .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2021
Go and vaccinate yourself it's free. Take first dose now and take second dose in a month interval.
Royalsmaryam:

That is if you’re fully vaccinated now.. if you’re not fully vaccinated red or no red, you must take pre departure test.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Abolu22: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Iyanu14:

Which TLS did u use

Victoria island
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by jtech17: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Please Gurus in the house what if someone has gotten a visa refusal for a country like turkey will it affect application for visa in the UK?..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by centuryman(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
I feel for you brother. May it turn out positive. I wish you well.

Keenly waiting for the good news with you.

Jyde81:
Good morning people, I need someone to to help a brother before serious depression set in.

I and my wife did priority visa and biometrics since the 22nd of September. I got two NSF mails firstly on Monday 27th September and the second one on the 4th of October. On the 4th of October I also got a mail from the UKVI that a video call would have to be done with me on Tuesday 5th October by 9:30 am.
My admission agent says they are requesting for the interview because of the three previous visa refusals I had in the past two in 2003 and one in 2016.

The video interview was conducted on Tuesday by an Indian woman from New Delhi and it lasted 47 minutes where I explained to them the reasons for the refusals The questions were basic and not different from what was filled online. After the interview she said they would get back to me by close of business that same Tuesday. But up till now I have not heard anything.

Meanwhile my school had commenced lectures since the 13th of September. I am fed up and don’t know what to do. I have sold everything at home in anticipation of the visa and now everything is on a gridlock.

Has anyone experienced this kind of thing before and if yes what was the outcome?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Naturallyme: 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
6th week after Biometrics and still counting ( Friday 27th of August). Whatever process UKVI is using to issue Visa needs to be studied in the University.

The prayer is that, may we not be unfortunate. This life no balance

Last last we go dey alright and life will continue.

This will only make the story interesting .

Fingers crossed.. but e don dey pain me. grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Patnuel2015(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
Going to Scotland, even when fully vaccinated, you must take a COVID-19 PCR test within 2 days of arriving in Scotland – you can use the ctm booking portal https://quarantinehotelbookings.ctmportal.co.uk/
to book and pay £68 for an NHS COVID-19 PCR test, or you can
https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/green
at the moment, you should only buy ‘self-swab at home’ tests.
You will also need to fill their passenger locator form.
I hope this helps

Jaylo79:

Please what does Scotland say?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.