Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,189 members, 7,807,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 - Travel (966) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 (1249841 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) ... (1008) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AideeF: 12:55pm On Jan 18, 2022
1.) Please for Turkish airline do I need to do a precovid test to show in Istanbul when traveling to the Uk. I am fully vaccinated.

2.) My school hasn’t sent a receipt of my initial deposit and the airline is asking for school receipt and admission letter. Can I use my CAS letter because it also shows the amount I have paid and the remaining balance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Gentle21: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
Many thanks. Really appreciate your response.

LuchiBianca:
Your school will give you a letter . Hope you now have a permanent address? Go along with a proof, and have you picked up your BRP? You will need those. And go with your international passport as they will need a copy of your visa. These things are usually discussed in pre departure webinar and even welcome week.
Open a student account.. You can always switch after your PG studies. There are certain discounts and perks that comes with having a student bank account.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Akamanen: 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2022
The Expected Date of Delivery (due date) the hospital gives is usually the 40th week for a single baby.
At 36 weeks the baby would be a preterm baby.

Check with your Dr too

Mannymanny:

That’s like the due week... thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jhayson(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jhayson:

Mine just got to the my state… waiting for them to bring it.

Visa alert……

Got it today…

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by JesChill(m): 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
[You people should ba calming down , I did not get NSF, I did not attach any study or work prof , study gap of 11 years family of 4 visa granted . BIOMETRICS. 17 DEC, COLLECTED 14TH JAN. quote author=Mikool101 post=109467023]
Please what time did you send the paid mail yesterday?
Ese pupo.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Newbie123: 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
LuchiBianca:
This people play too much.i think they mean payslips.

Hi sis, please I DMed you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ColdNight(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
AideeF:
1.) Please for Turkish airline do I need to do a precovid test to show in Istanbul when traveling to the Uk. I am fully vaccinated.

2.) My school hasn’t sent a receipt of my initial deposit and the airline is asking for school receipt and admission letter. Can I use my CAS letter because it also shows the amount I have paid and the remaining balance.

I think your CAS Letter should suffice as a receipt/evidence of payment. I don't know about Turkish airline but Qatar airline doesn't require pre departure test
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by dupyshoo: 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
Is there any reason why she must resume in September?
It is not easy giving birth even where you have support network, how much more when you just relocated and you are required to be studying at the same time.

I am sure you have heard of how stressful it is to secure accommodation. What will you do if you can't secure accommodation and you have a newborn? Health visitors will be visiting almost everyday for the first 2 weeks after leaving the hospital. You will need a decent accommodation and all the things you require sorted out. Have you thought of how you plan to sort this out with tuition and maintenance fees?

She will likely not be able to study for the first 1-2 months due to post delivery pain/stress and taking care of newborn. Also, there won't be anyone to help with the baby here in the UK. You will be on your own. This can be very depressing and emotional. Won't advise you put your wife through this stress.

In addition, a lot of UNIs will require you to write exams of some modules in January. How will she cope?

I will advise you wait till January or 2023 September. Please try to find out from her what she thinks. If she is happy to go ahead with all the issues I have listed, then you can go ahead.

I hope you will make the best decision.
Mannymanny:
Please, if someone gives birth in the UK around when she’s supposed to resume in September, would they defer her admission to January or give her few weeks to recuperate from the birth process?

Also what’s the maximum number of months an airline would allow a pregnant woman fly?

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by SapphireFort(f): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mikool101:

How did you know they worked for 3 hours?
TLS is different from UKVI.
Well at the end of the day we are all praying for visa success.
Even TLS worked the whole day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by VBComm: 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
BolaT53:

Thank you I am on my way there and I have called UKVI it has been escalated already.

Hey, congratulations.

Please, have you received an email to submit your passport? How did your outing go? I also did keep my passport option and feel I'm at a disadvantage.

Today's meant to be the 15th working day. cry undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by AideeF: 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2022
ColdNight:

I think your CAS Letter should suffice as a receipt/evidence of payment. I don't know about Turkish airline but Qatar airline doesn't require pre departure test

Alright thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by MrsDanex: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
Congratulations!!
Jhayson:

Visa alert……

Got it today…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jhayson(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
MrsDanex:
Congratulations!!

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by deegov: 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
Good day friends,

Is it true that HULL uni has increased their tuition deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by kennykale: 2:09pm On Jan 18, 2022
*Copied from another platform!!!!*

My experience in P.O.E in Edinburgh yesterday is something else.I was running for heatrow but I encountered devil in Edinburgh but God proved him self.

Officer: why are you here

My wife: I’m here for my Masters

Officer: what course

My wife: international business and finance.

Officer:can I see your documents

My wife: gave to her he looked at the papers both tuition fees and deposit.

Officer: what work do you do in Nigeria

My wife :I just finished serving my country last December.

Officer: you paid deposit of your fees what of the remaining did you come along with your leaving expenses and remaining tuition fees.

My wife: said yes that I have indemnity mail with my bank that ones I opened a Uk account they will send the equivalent to pounds

Officer: directed the questions to me” who are you man are you both married I answered yes I’m her husband he looked at me very well.

Officer : as her dependent?

Me: I said yes

Officer: are you sponsoring her or your families sponsoring you both
Me : I said I’m sponsoring my wife:

Officer: can I confirm that i have our leaving expenses and remaining fees together

Me : I said yes

Officer: how did I get money for this.

Me: I said I’m into business

Officer:what type of business do you do in Nigeria

Me: I said I sell textile materials

Officer: how much do you get from your business a month…”my wife was trying to say something to me officer said don’t try it while I’m still asking him questions…”from this point i started calling the Holy Ghost.

Me: I said 1 million Nigeria money.

Officer: checked with his phone ok, i can confirm that I have paid for accommodation in Aberdeen while my wife studies in Dundee.

Me: I said yes because I did not see accommodation in Dundee maybe by next month we can move to Dundee.

Officer: ok you both should go and sit over there I’m coming.

Me : started praying, my wife even about to cry he collected our both passports and went inside.

Officer:you both should come I can’t find your thumbprint in the system. Go and sit down again

Officer: you both should come again put your finger here

Me: we did

Officer: welcome to uk
He stamped our passports.

This was my experience yesterday in Edinburgh please be prayerful while coming is no matter where you follow I was running for heatrow airport now I jam devil for Edinburgh God that did this for me I will continue to serve him forever.
I’m now currently in Uk goodlucks to you guys about to arrive may God see you through Amen.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by aopecy: 2:15pm On Jan 18, 2022
Good day house
Please I need help regarding this, am trying to complete application on Salford university ,so I got to a place I was told to upload a certificate for English language qualifications. So what cert will I provide, am trying to complete an application for master degree
Please help
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2022
dupyshoo:
It is not easy giving birth even where you have support network, how much more when you just relocated and you are required to be studying at the same time.

I am sure you have heard of how stressful it is to secure accommodation. What will you do if you can't secure accommodation and you have a newborn? Health visitors will be visiting almost everyday for the first 2 weeks after leaving the hospital. You will need a decent accommodation and all the things you require sorted out. Have you thought of how you plan to sort this out with tuition and maintenance fees?

She will likely not be able to study for the first 1-2 months due to post delivery pain/stress and taking care of newborn. Also, there won't be anyone to help with the baby here in the UK. You will be on your own. This can be very depressing and emotional. Won't advise you put your wife through this stress.

In addition, a lot of UNIs will require you to write exams of some modules in January. How will she cope?

I will advise you wait till January or 2023 September. Please try to find out from her what she thinks. If she is happy to go ahead with all the issues I have listed, then you can go ahead.

Thanks for your response, Chief.
Her elder sister resides in England as well and will come over to assist and take care of her for a few weeks. Also, we plan securing and paying for accommodation before leaving here. And she’s actually bent on having her baby there lol. Im just curious to know if we can write to the sch to ask if she can be allowed to defer to January due to her condition.
Your further opinions are still welcome, boss.

Thanks again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by BolaT53: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
VBComm:

Hey, congratulations.

Please, have you received an email to submit your passport? How did your outing go? I also did keep my passport option and feel I'm at a disadvantage.

Today's meant to be the 15th working day. cry undecided

Yes I have oh. It is a long story. TLS does not have a say it’s UKVI and Omo the journey drop your email I’ll reach you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by VBComm: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
BolaT53:

Yes I have oh. It is a long story. TLS does not have a say it’s UKVI and Omo the journey drop your email I’ll reach you.

Na wa o. Please reach out on rescuejibiaproject@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Mannymanny: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2022
Akamanen:
The Expected Date of Delivery (due date) the hospital gives is usually the 40th week for a single baby.
At 36 weeks the baby would be a preterm baby.

Check with your Dr too

Thanks Chief.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Towotowo: 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2022
As i normally tell people, immigration is very easy. Immigration is about trust. You have to make sure you can prove everything you're saying is true.
I came in through Heathrow
IO: Your course is for 1 year right?
me: no its for 2 years
Then we had some chat then before my biometrics he said
IO: You said your course is for 1 year again
Me: I said no its for 2 years. Then we both smiled
He thought he can trick me. Just know everything about what you're going to do
Heathrow or anywhere, once you're confident, you're good to go.
Countries want to know if they can trust you living in their countries, they want to know if you can abide by their rules and regulation. Once they see a loop hole, they wont trust you. So, be truthful and do the right thing at any given time, not only at point of entry, in everything you do in the UK.

kennykale:
*Copied from another platform!!!!*

My experience in P.O.E in Edinburgh yesterday is something else.I was running for heatrow but I encountered devil in Edinburgh but God proved him self.

Officer: why are you here

My wife: I’m here for my Masters

Officer: what course

My wife: international business and finance.

Officer:can I see your documents

My wife: gave to her he looked at the papers both tuition fees and deposit.

Officer: what work do you do in Nigeria

My wife :I just finished serving my country last December.

Officer: you paid deposit of your fees what of the remaining did you come along with your leaving expenses and remaining tuition fees.

My wife: said yes that I have indemnity mail with my bank that ones I opened a Uk account they will send the equivalent to pounds

Officer: directed the questions to me” who are you man are you both married I answered yes I’m her husband he looked at me very well.

Officer : as her dependent?

Me: I said yes

Officer: are you sponsoring her or your families sponsoring you both
Me : I said I’m sponsoring my wife:

Officer: can I confirm that i have our leaving expenses and remaining fees together

Me : I said yes

Officer: how did I get money for this.

Me: I said I’m into business

Officer:what type of business do you do in Nigeria

Me: I said I sell textile materials

Officer: how much do you get from your business a month…”my wife was trying to say something to me officer said don’t try it while I’m still asking him questions…”from this point i started calling the Holy Ghost.

Me: I said 1 million Nigeria money.

Officer: checked with his phone ok, i can confirm that I have paid for accommodation in Aberdeen while my wife studies in Dundee.

Me: I said yes because I did not see accommodation in Dundee maybe by next month we can move to Dundee.

Officer: ok you both should go and sit over there I’m coming.

Me : started praying, my wife even about to cry he collected our both passports and went inside.

Officer:you both should come I can’t find your thumbprint in the system. Go and sit down again

Officer: you both should come again put your finger here

Me: we did

Officer: welcome to uk
He stamped our passports.

This was my experience yesterday in Edinburgh please be prayerful while coming is no matter where you follow I was running for heatrow airport now I jam devil for Edinburgh God that did this for me I will continue to serve him forever.
I’m now currently in Uk goodlucks to you guys about to arrive may God see you through Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by delxmaverick(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2022
Anyone going to University of Hull and Glasgow Caledonian ?

Hit me up… I never collect visa… I still dey application stage o…
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by efosakelly: 2:42pm On Jan 18, 2022
deegov:
Good day friends,

Is it true that HULL uni has increased their tuition deposit?

you should find this information on their website. GO!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by ridwanadedapo(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
Pls. Listen to this advice! This is the best anyone can tell you. I wish you all the best.

dupyshoo:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Akanmu2013: 2:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
delxmaverick:
Anyone going to University of Hull and Glasgow Caledonian ?

Hit me up… I never collect visa… I still dey application stage o…

University of Hull
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Walatadadon: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2022
Gentle21:
Hello my people,

I just landed in Edinburgh last week in Edinburgh. Please, what are the requirements for opening a normal bank account and a student account in Scotland ?

Can I open a normal account as a student ? How is normal account beneficial to student account ?

Please, help a brother. Thank you.

Dear brother,

I think you should try to link up with your “seniors” either students or your compatriots but most especially students electronically (since you may likely still be on quarantine) they are in the best position to advise from their past mistakes or experience in this case.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by bollarcash(m): 3:03pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jhayson:

Visa alert……

Got it today…

Congrats bro. Which state did dhl deliver to within such short time?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by Jhayson(m): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
bollarcash:

Congrats bro. Which state did dhl deliver to within such short time?

Kwara State
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 by LuchiBianca(f): 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Yes you can but Make sure she get there enroll, before she defers if not she will lose her sponsorship.
Edited : so this isn't really as straight forward as it may depend on her school to use their discretion to accept or refuse. It's a huge gamble to think they may accept for her to defer and still retain her visa sponsorship. I would suggest you write them and ask them directly so you know what arrangements you are making.

Mannymanny:

Thanks for your response, Chief.
Her elder sister resides in England as well and will come over to assist and take care of her for a few weeks. Also, we plan securing and paying for accommodation before leaving here. And she’s actually bent on having her baby there lol. Im just curious to know if we can write to the sch to ask if she can be allowed to defer to January due to her condition.
Your further opinions are still welcome, boss.

Thanks again

(1) (2) (3) ... (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) ... (1008)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.