Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah (6061 Views)

We’re All Prisoners In Poorly Governed Nigeria, Peter Obi Tells Inmates / Kianji Dam Is Fully Operational - Mainstream Energy / Boko Haram Attack On Zulum, Proof We’re All Vulnerable -Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2021
Commentor:

The same people you call wawa?

Or the same Umahi you lot have been abusing?

Na wa for una o.

Wawa is a dialect. Because the word wawa is an insult in hausa doesnt mean it u
is an insult in igbo

1 Like

Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by mbos: 8:35pm On Aug 22, 2021
Grace001:
There is a reason why Nigeria government gave igbo 5 states, and separated them from the Deltans and the likes. Unfortunately most deltans still find their root to igbo tribes.
creating so called states can easily done but creating language is impossible in a generation
Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by AlphaTaikun: 2:32pm On May 05, 2022
Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Amumaigwe: 4:09pm On May 05, 2022
jerseyboy:
There are no Igbos in Niger Delta.
The massacre in Asaba was because Ojukwu removed an Uhrobo mad David Ejoor and made an Asaba man Major Albert Okonkwo Head of State of the occupation of the Midwest. Asaba people became a target as a result of this association.

How old are you please? Rather than exposing your naivety, why not use Google?
Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 05, 2022
Amumaigwe:

I ASKED THE PEOPLE THEMSEVES, SOME MY FIRST COUSINS, NO NEED FOR GOOGLE. THEY SAY THEY ARE NOT IGBOS AND PUT A CURSE ON WHOEVER REFERS TO THEM AS SUCH.

1 Like

Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 05, 2022
Amumaigwe:

Asaba Man Responds On Facebook To Asaba Is Igbo Claims

Asaba Inlaw: "In This Whole World You Couldn’t Find Anyone To Marry But An Igbo"

Short story: One of my earliest and most persistent memories is this - near my village, 1 kilometer from Asaba, was a camp where people lived.
Who are they I asked - “Wa bu Ndigbo” I was told. Translation: “They are Igbos”.
I was confused. Aren’t we Igbos, but I said nothing.
Another occasion I heard some commotion in the direction of the camp. Oh don’t be worried I was told. They are Igbos. Again so thought but we are igbos!

Fast forward 3 decades.
A friend of mine from Aba who married from Asaba, over a beer told me “I can’t get over Asaba people. During my native law, my wife’s people kept abusing her in the same language I spoke. They kept saying ‘so in this whole world, you couldn’t find anyone to marry but an Igbo?’”
These are true accounts.
People from my area… even the indigenes of ONITSHA (I’ve been told) consider themselves Not Igbo.
I grew up seeing my people refer to others as “Those Igbo people”.
I have just learnt that the phrase “Igbo enwere Eze” was coined by core Igbos to separate themselves from the Onitsha indigenes…
Following that logic, Asaba nwere eze .... kedụ ka ọ ga-esi bụrụ igbo?
ka anyi biri n’udo nwanne m nwoke
m zuru ikpe m

It’s not an issue to be swept under the carpet. We need to consider it seriously.

Just because everyone in America speaks English doesn’t change their ancestry (some are of German, Italian, Russian, African, Chinese ancestry...).
Ancestry can only be determined scientifically by DNA analysis. My sister discovered she has ancestors from Mali, Senega... of course!! The river Niger flows through those nations before it passes the shores of my village which sits on the West Bank of the Niger net Asaba.

Bottom line, you cannot teach a man how to write with his left hand in old age.
The real issue is why so many Igbo speaking people reject the idea they’re Igbo. (Like some Egyptians in an interview I watched - who can’t understand why they’re considered Africans at all!).
Let’s have an academic discussion why!
We may learn valuable lessons.
��‍♂️�
Good morning.

1 Like

Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Idiko1: 7:12pm On May 05, 2022
gaetano:

The conversations around Nigeria’s southeastern region producing the President in 2023 will always be a recurring one.

However, there are some who are making a case for the marginalised Igbos in the south-south region.

Chike Ogeah, the Managing Director of Mac Folly Limited, operator of Lagos Marriot Hotel Ikeja, says the Oshimili-Aniocha people of Igbo extraction in oil rich Delta State do not lack the human capacity in producing the next president, but have always been marginalised and often described as not being mainstream Igbo.

Mr Ogeah, a former Commissioner of Information in Delta State told ARISE News on Friday that the Oshimili-Aniocha Igbos bore most of the brunt in the Nigerian civil war and cited the Asaba massacre that occurred on October 5, 1967, when federal troops entered the town and ransacked houses, killing civilians because “they were Biafran sympathisers.”

Watch the interview for more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0EtYC_rmc

https://www.arise.tv/theres-nothing-like-mainstream-igbo-were-all-igbos-chike-ogeah-on-politicking-ahead-of-nigerias-next-presidential-election/

My grandfather told me that anybody who uses two hands instead of one to contest what belongs to him/her always come out successfully. Please see to the abbreviated Igbo name you published. At your age, you could have written your Igbo name in full or indulge the name in brackets. No true Igbo person with the intellect of Igbo will describe any Igbo son or daughter as minor Igbo or mainstream. Igbo is Igbo either from southeast geopolitical zone, south-south or Kogi and Benue States. Asaba was not the only massacre perpetrated by the Nigerian vandals against seemingly Biafrans. Ogba in Egbema, Rivers State also saw the hatred other Nigerians reserved for Ndigbo and Biafrans.
Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Idiko1: 7:20pm On May 05, 2022
Aufbauh:
Hypocrisy is when you said all Igbos are one and still cry that there's no Igbo man in the top security hierarchy when you have Lieutenant General Lucky Irabor as the Chief of Defence staff!

We can conveniently say that Igbos are not marginalised in Buhari's govt as we have CBN Governor and Chief of defence staff as igbomen.

At least, try to get his rank correctly. With the above display, it appears you know nothing about this discussion.
Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Idiko1: 7:21pm On May 05, 2022
jerseyboy:
There are no Igbos in Niger Delta.
The massacre in Asaba was because Ojukwu removed an Uhrobo mad David Ejoor and made an Asaba man Major Albert Okonkwo Head of State of the occupation of the Midwest. Asaba people became a target as a result of this association.

Ignoramus!!! You are one of the reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools.
Re: There’s Nothing Like Mainstream Igbo, We’re All Igbos’: Chike Ogeah by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 05, 2022
Idiko1:

Ignoramus!!! You are one of the reasons Nigeria is called basket of fools.

Sorry for your pain. Truth is bitter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Makinde Presents ₦294Billion Budget To Oyo Assembly / Igbos At Sabon Gari Motor Park, Kano Trying To Leave The City This Morning / Buhari, PDP Northern Govs, Legislators In Secret Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.