Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,961 members, 7,806,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! (14984 Views)

No Bra Day (october 13) / How Often Do You Wash Your Towel? / Wash Before Wearing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by dripstoil: 7:53pm On May 19, 2011
See what lava did to a woman's breast because she failed to wash before wearing.

After reading it, Please make it a habit to wash your just purchased undergarments before wearing them.
This is sensitive. Our undergarments are made in different parts of the world, sit in boxes and go through
many hands and exchanges before we purchase them. Follow the link below to see things yourself.

http://www.palness.com/forum/discussions-1/was-before-you-wear/
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by MaiSuya(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2011
Damn! shocked shocked
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by chioma134: 11:53pm On May 19, 2011
Gross and blood- chilling!!!
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Manliness(m): 12:31am On May 20, 2011
Chai, who tell me make i open this picture oooooh!, Thats d most irritating thing i've ever seen in ma life!!! Ewwwwwww shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Nobody: 2:02am On May 20, 2011
^^lol@ your name!  grin

EWWWWW! I feel nausiated and like I am going to faint! ewww!  undecided undecided tongue
I feel hot chills now! of course I wash my undies that I wear but ewww!
I have a natural phobia against holes!, kai!!. . .how do I say this? I hate seeing small holes. Seriously.
I hate seeing a cluster of small holes on the surface of anything be it cheese, dried paint, etc.
BUT! can you IMAGINE having them on your br3asts? worst of all MAGGOTS in them? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Nobody: 7:02am On May 20, 2011
[size=18pt]you guys this is a hoax!!!![/size]

I LITERALLY ALMOST THREW UP BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD!!!

apparently its a photoshopped bosom that was fused with a lotus seedpods.

I AM DISAPPOINTED!!!   undecided undecided

SEE HERE:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/bre.ast-larvae.html 
(erase that >>>> . in between the 'bre.ast' and post in your URL bar, i really hate this censor crap!  tongue)

If no luck then read:

Although larvae infestation of the bosoms is possible (as discussed below), genuine images of such infestations bear no resemblance to the rash supposedly depicted in the message. In fact, I could find no genuine photograph of any sort of skin condition resembling the one included in this "warning" email. If true, such an unusual bosom rash would surely have been published in medical journals and websites along with more information about the condition.

Moreover, I could find no credible information that substantiates references in the message to an anthropologist named "Susan McKinley". It seems probable that the story of this hapless scientist's encounter with such nasty bosom beasties is a work of fiction concocted solely to go with the unusual picture. Snopes.com notes that the picture was published online in other contexts as far back as 2003 and was only later associated with apparent larvae infestation and "Susan McKinley".

Some versions of the warning include a photograph attributed to Michael Bohne that supposedly shows some of the larvae extracted from the infested bosom. However, an Internet search on the photographer's name reveals that the same photograph is displayed on the Forestry Images website and depicts the larvae of the Asian longhorned beetle. Thus, the picture has no connection with the bosom rash image or the illusive "Miss McKinley" and has apparently been added only to enhance the perceived shock value of the warning message.

Other versions of the message also include a graphic video that ostensibly depicts larvae being removed from "Miss McKinley's" bosom. Although the video is genuine, it has no relation whatsoever to the bosom rash image or the spurious claims made in the message. The video was originally published online as part of a 2004 BMC Surgery journal article, that describes a case of Furuncular myiasis of the bosom caused by the larvae of the Tumbu fly (Cordylobia anthropophaga). The patient in the video is in fact a 70-year-old women living in Nigerian who had fourteen larvae removed from her right bosom. The video footage shows no evidence of the lotus-seed like rash and it clearly does not depict the same woman featured in the hoax message picture. (The video is available for viewing via a link within the BMC Surgery article).

Cordylobia anthropophaga eggs can be deposited in soil or wet and dirty clothing that is hung out to dry, and the article advises that good personal hygiene and ironing clothes before wearing can be effective preventative measures against infestation. While eggs can be present in soiled clothing, their presence in brand new, store bought clothing seems fairly unlikely. The journal article notes:
C. anthropophaga is a large, robust brownish yellow fly found widely throughout tropical Africa. It deposits 100–300 eggs on soil polluted with animal excrement or on clothing saturated with perspiration and soiled diapers. After hatching, the larvae can stay alive for seven to twenty days, while attached to contaminated articles and clothing or the soil. On contact with the skin of man or other vertebrates they easily penetrate the skin

Given the mode of transmission described, older clothing that has been directly exposed to the fly and poorly laundered is probably a lot more likely to harbour the larvae than new and unworn store-bought underwear.

That said, the message's advice to wash new garments before wearing them is not without merit. New clothing often has a chemical finish designed to make the clothes look and smell better in the shop or prevent mildew or pest contamination during shipping. These chemicals may cause skin irritation in some people. Possible factory or storeroom contamination by insects or rodents and unhygienic handling by other shoppers are further reasons to wash new garments before wearing, especially with regard to babies or those with allergies or sensitive skin.

Overall, however, this "warning" message contains false and unsubstantiated information and forwarding it to others will serve no good purpose.

i still feel sick to my stomach!  embarassed
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Manliness(m): 10:45am On May 20, 2011
^^^ Anything wrong with my name? Just obeying the rules wink

After seeing this pic, no bobee sucking for me again, imagine u suck this thing for night, Ewwww *drops dead*

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by kevoh(m): 10:57am On May 20, 2011
I've formed the habit of reading a few comments before opening any link, I'm yet to click on this thread's link but after reading the comments I won't even dare,I feel enlightened though.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 20, 2011
Oh no!! God help us, Not only bra, wash any intimate wear before using it.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 20, 2011
^^they could have clicked the link themselves. ewww.  tongue

besides that picture is a fake.

Manliness:

^^^ Anything wrong with my name? Just obeying the rules  wink

After seeing this pic, no bobee sucking for me again, imagine u suck this thing for night, Ewwww *drops dead*

that picture is fake bro. i guess nobody read my "follow up" but that is a photoshopped picture of a woman's br3ast and lotus seed pods.

Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 20, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

^^they could have clicked the link themselves. ewww.  tongue

besides that picture is a fake.

Trying to be nice, making them click less  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by Nobody: 12:06am On May 21, 2011
suuure! LOL. grin grin

despite being fake its sooo gross.
i couldnt even eat my supper last night
and i still get the chills. my stomach turns each time
i see it! perhaps its because i have br3asts who knows, but ewww!
who ever photoshopped that, they are wicked.
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by gomeek(f): 3:27pm On May 21, 2011
I havent stopped havin goose bumps,since d day i saw dt pix.thinkin 'bout it alone witout seein it gives me bumps.its realy disgustin.
Re: Ladies, Do You Wash Your New Bra Before Wearing? Then See This! by gijaney: 5:03pm On May 21, 2011
though this is a very old wives tale that this happened, one that has been shown time and time again to be false, there are very real dangers to not washing any clothing item before it is washed.  the dyes and chemicals used in the manufacturing process of your clothing can be toxic to you or cause alergic reactions (some recations  may lead to anaphalaxic shock - death) the trucks/trains/[lanes used to transport these materials and finishe products are reused, there is a possiblity that the floor of the cargo trailer was covered in manure/urine.  skin diseases such as scabies can be passed to you if you wear a garment someone infected with such has tried on or handled.   this goes without saying that the same precausions you use of washing food store/dinnerware upon purchasing it should be extended to anything that comes incontact with your skin.

(1) (Reply)

The Deplorable State Of A General Hospital In Yobe State [photo] / Common Beard Myths Demystified / Itchy Nipples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.