Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! (3431 Views)

Clean 7 seater Chrysler Voyager. Cute family car.now 800k / Get Exact Meaning Of That Warning Dashboard Light In Your Car Now / Guide To Buying A Nigerian Used Car. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.
1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.
2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff ).
3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).
4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.
5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.
6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration . Thank you
Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by Etfash(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2021
Valid.

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by Trustme2(m): 5:17am On Aug 22, 2021
Etfash:
Valid.
Good

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 6:50am On Aug 23, 2021
Yes
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase.
1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car.
2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase, look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff ).
3. Check the vehicle papers very well, ask for the custom papers, make sure all documents are intact. From the vehicle papers, check the VIN/Chassis Number written or inscribed on the windshield, engine hood and door sides if they correlate with the one on the documents, most people register vehicles with a lot discrepancies, if they don't correlate na wahala be that oo(though I can help you rectify that but e go cost you some money).
4. Try and negotiate the cost of processing your change of ownership and registration fees along when you're dealing and negotiating with the seller, the cost of changing ownership with due process is on the high side now as you know the FG has increased the price of number plates across the nation.
5. After making payment, make sure you both sign an agreement for and purchase receipt to legally show your transaction and the amount you bought it.
6. After doing the 5 above, you can now contact oga VD for your proper vehicle registration . Thank you
Check my signature for your vehicle documents needs, fast, reliable and hassle free. May your vehicle never be your coffin, may the Good God keep you safe as you cruise around with your ride from known and unknown danger.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by agboncol: 6:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
Correct sir
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 5:33pm On Aug 26, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by yak(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2021
Thanks man for this....
What are the documents one needs to collect from the seller?
Can you give an idea of the cost of registration for used Sedan?

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2021
yak:
Thanks man for this....
What are the documents one needs to collect from the seller?
Can you give an idea of the cost of registration for used Sedan?
Documents you need to collect from seller are: copies of proof of ownership certificate, allocation of number plate and vehicle license.
Cost of registration depends on type of vehicle and other factors like if the old owner is not owing any license due.... For more details you can chat me up on WhatsApp 08144476474

1 Like

Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 2:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 5:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 5:05am On Sep 01, 2021
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 3:32am On Sep 04, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by Affordabledeals: 3:48am On Sep 04, 2021
ospreywin:
So because I want to sell my car to you, I should also reduce the price because you want to do reregistration. This man sef funny oo. Ojebi ko ba ma se reregistration. Make him dey use my plate number na. Shebi na if him see my plate collect ni.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 4:41am On Sep 04, 2021
Affordabledeals:
So because I want to sell my car to you, I should also reduce the price because you want to do reregistration. This man sef funny oo. Ojebi ko ba ma se reregistration. Make him dey use my plate number na. Shebi na if him see my plate collect ni.
No, you don't understand.
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=ospreywin post=105133474][/quote]
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 10:59am On Sep 10, 2021
ospreywin:
2. When inspecting, take your "trusted" mechanic along, don't depend on your own little knowledge about cars to make a purchase,look under the vehicle for any rust make you no go buy "panda or" lowe" (that word is for the street for useless or fake stuff ).
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 6:28am On Sep 23, 2021
[quote author=ospreywin post=105673852][/quote]
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 2:36pm On Oct 10, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 4:42pm On Oct 19, 2021
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase..
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 9:03am On Oct 25, 2021
Contact me for your vehicle documents needs. Genuine and professional service
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 9:55am On Oct 28, 2021
Wanna register your Tokunbo or Nigerian used car? Kindly check my profile below for best offer today!
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 7:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2021
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 8:53am On Jan 14, 2022
ospreywin:
1. Make sure the seller you're buying from has an identity, you don't just buy from a random person with no link to anyone or anywhere so you won't be buying a stolen vehicle. Do your due diligence before buying a Nigerian used car..
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
ospreywin:
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by banidoc(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
Car/Autos Urgent Requests

Lexus RX 330 (2005)

Toyota Camry 2013

Toyota Corolla Sport 2013

Toyota Corolla 09/10

Preferably Silver or Brown.

Kindly DM or send a WhatsApp message on 08060985916

Odoi Raphinha Greenwood Barkley
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 10:35pm On Jul 26, 2022
ospreywin:
With the current rate of purchasing a Tokunbo vehicle and people opting for a Nigerian used vehicles, here are some important things to note before making that purchase
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by Memphitz357: 11:31pm On Jul 26, 2022
ospreywin:
Valid points made
Re: My Advise To Anyone Buying A Nigerian Used Car Now! by ospreywin(m): 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
Memphitz357:

Valid points made
Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Weekend deal!!Special Edition Toks Dodge Caravan 2007(7 sitters) @1.6Million / 2009 Toyota Corolla Sport Edition With Android Screen @5.1m Only / Bmw X5 @ Give Away (N1.8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.