Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha (7595 Views)

The Unrighteous Shall Not Inherit The Kingdom Of God - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Mryacks: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
unstoppable51:
Here is a Bible Study by Prince Gabriel Okocha (FeedMeJesus.com)

Can a saved person become unsaved? Is once saved always saved biblical?

What does the Bible say about Once Saved, Forever Saved? Let's find out!

Salvation in Christ is the very central goal of the Bible. It is the end-goal of Faith, Grace, Mercy and several other subjects of the scriptures.

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2Ti 3:15 KJV

"Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you." 1Pe 1:9-10 KJV

The believer is instructed to properly study and understand it, and be diligent in teaching it.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2Ti 2:15 KJV

A proper understanding of the concept of Salvation as taught in the scriptures, will open up a well of unceasing joy in you. Your feet will be firm, not tossed about by every wind of doctrine. And like a tree planted by the riverside, you will grow and flourish in your walk with the Lord Jesus, bearing good fruits for Him.

So let's go back to answering the question we have at hand.

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical?

The answer to this question largely depends on what you mean by "once saved, always saved"

This is because to some persons, the statement "once saved, always saved" is another way of saying "nothing you do as a Christian matters after salvation. The moment you are saved, you can go ahead and live as worldly as you want, you won't get punished for it. God doesn't and won't give a damn about that." This ideology is an error and certainly not what the "once saved, always saved" statement is all about.

In the real sense, "once saved, always saved" is a catchphrase that addresses the durability or eternal nature of the Salvation we received when we appropriated the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sin(s).

With this understanding of what the statement is truly about, let's then do justice to the question from the scriptures.

Is once saved, always saved really biblical?

In talking about the Salvation, Redemption or Eternal Life we have in Christ, the Bible repeatedly used the words "once", "everlasting", "forever", "eternal", "true" and "once and for all" to describe how it occurred and the longevity.

Pay close attention as you read through the Bible verses outlined below. Meditate on each of them briefly.

Joh 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 10:28-29 KJV 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Heb 5:9 KJV And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

Heb 9:12 KJV Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb 9:15 KJV And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb 10:10-14 KJV 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

But can't a believer lose his Salvation and go to hell (perish) if he's not careful after he has been saved? You may ask.

In answer to that question, take a look at these verses one more time and meditate on them.

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." John 10:28-29 KJV

The essence of Eternal Life is to keep the believer from perishing. Mind you, the believer is not the one keeping his Eternal Life from perishing. Eternal Life is actually what is keeping him from perishing. Whether he is careful how he lives his life on earth or not, that Eternal Life he has received continually keeps him from destruction.

However, a believer who foolishly lives in sin continually, will lose his rewards and will have nothing to show for his Salvation or Eternal Life in heaven.

Take note that I said he will lose his rewards in heaven, not his Salvation or Eternal Life. That is because the believer is committed with the responsibility of working for and keeping his heavenly rewards by living righteously on earth, not his Salvation or Eternal Life. That is God's part according to the scriptures.

Salvation (Eternal Life) is a gift he received on the basis of his Faith in the finished works of Christ, whereas heavenly rewards are dependent on his lifestyle while on earth here.

If he lives a godly lifestyle, a crown of glory awaits him in heaven. If he doesn't, he will not get anything reward from God in heaven though he is saved and shall spend eternity in heaven.

Eph 2:8-10 KJV 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1Co 3:13-15 KJV 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This is what the Bible teaches about Once Saved, Always Saved. It is purely biblical. Set aside any misconception you may have had about the catchphrase and see the eternal nature of Salvation as it has always been in the scriptures- open, simple and clear!

I hope this blesses you. Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2021/08/is-once-saved-always-saved-biblical.html

Well explained.... blessings!

1 Like

Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by biggy26: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
LaJoe2:

Its referring to both, how can we be dead to Adam's Sin (original sin which we've been delivered from), continue there in (continue to commit it by now disobeying the doctrines, rules, instructions of Christ in our day to day lives).
Read the submission again. This is were a lot of people get confused. It’s like saying how can you be saved or born again or dead to sin and still call yourself a sinner like many do. A born again man is not a sinner. That’s the context broken down in plain English.
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2021
olutj:

Yes you are absolutely correct!
Eternal Salvation from eternal death.
It is temporal as along as we are still here (on earth) awaiting the consummation (eternal life).

Picture it this way - A university student is yet to graduate but sometimes people start calling them by their professional name. But the name calling doesnt validate the completion yet, it is till they successfully complete the study.
Paul said I have finished my course. Therefore the prize itself is in the successful completion of the race here on earth.
The person who is truly or indeed saved is one whose salvation is still intact till the point of transition with Christ (rapture) or the day of physical death.
Who says Death is eternal? As described by whom? undecided

Man was never created an eternal being in the first place so why user the word "eternal" to quality a temporal beings demise? undecided

You miss my question. Man was created a temporal beings and the curse placed on man ends the moment man dies - If there were no more human beings left on this here planet, that curse ends. You suggest salvation from Death is eternal , so I ask you why you qualify Salvation with the word "Eternal"? undecided
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by olutj: 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Salvation, as described by Jesus Christ in John 3 vs 16 - 21, is from the condemnation of Sin- Genesis 3 vs 16 - 17 - aka Death, a curse. If that which we are saved from is itself temporal in nature, what is it that we require eternal salvation from? undecided

I studied this topic on Saturday, this discourse started on Sunday.
May God give us understanding, Amen.

Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by olutj: 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who says Death is eternal? As described by whom? undecided

Man was never created an eternal being in the first place so why user the word "eternal" to quality a temporal beings demise? undecided

You miss my question. Man was created a temporal beings and the curse placed on man ends the moment man dies - If there were no more human beings left on this here planet, that curse ends. You suggest salvation from Death is eternal , so I ask you why you qualify Salvation with the word "Eternal"? undecided

Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2021
olutj:

I studied this topic on Saturday, this discourse started on Sunday.
May God give us understanding, Amen.
I see! So your Sunday school thing there is where you get this "eternal" salvation thing from. You should probably cultivate an attitude of questioning everything that you are taught by men because where God's Truth is concerned, mistakes such as these are more than enough to throw one off the path towards God and only the road away from Him. undecided

* Jesus Christ did not promise us eternal salvation but instead redeemed us from Death and gave us eternal life instead.

* Man was not created ans eternal being, neither was he with a curse already upon him so salvation from the curse need not be eternal in nature

* the Judgement of Death , the curse, placed on man by God ceases when man dies .i.e. ceases to exist - is returned to dust mind, body and soul - so there is again, not an eternal solution needed but a temporal one

Now I do have questions about the reference to James 1 vs 22 - 25 where the claim of "eternal" salvation is concerned but....
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by nencounter10: 11:33pm On Aug 24, 2021
unstoppable51:
Here is a Bible Study by Prince Gabriel Okocha (FeedMeJesus.com)

Can a saved person become unsaved? Is once saved always saved biblical?

What does the Bible say about Once Saved, Forever Saved? Let's find out!

Salvation in Christ is the very central goal of the Bible. It is the end-goal of Faith, Grace, Mercy and several other subjects of the scriptures.

"And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." 2Ti 3:15 KJV

"Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you." 1Pe 1:9-10 KJV

The believer is instructed to properly study and understand it, and be diligent in teaching it.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2Ti 2:15 KJV

A proper understanding of the concept of Salvation as taught in the scriptures, will open up a well of unceasing joy in you. Your feet will be firm, not tossed about by every wind of doctrine. And like a tree planted by the riverside, you will grow and flourish in your walk with the Lord Jesus, bearing good fruits for Him.

So let's go back to answering the question we have at hand.

Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical?

The answer to this question largely depends on what you mean by "once saved, always saved"

This is because to some persons, the statement "once saved, always saved" is another way of saying "nothing you do as a Christian matters after salvation. The moment you are saved, you can go ahead and live as worldly as you want, you won't get punished for it. God doesn't and won't give a damn about that." This ideology is an error and certainly not what the "once saved, always saved" statement is all about.

In the real sense, "once saved, always saved" is a catchphrase that addresses the durability or eternal nature of the Salvation we received when we appropriated the sacrifice of Jesus Christ for our sin(s).

With this understanding of what the statement is truly about, let's then do justice to the question from the scriptures.

Is once saved, always saved really biblical?

In talking about the Salvation, Redemption or Eternal Life we have in Christ, the Bible repeatedly used the words "once", "everlasting", "forever", "eternal", "true" and "once and for all" to describe how it occurred and the longevity.

Pay close attention as you read through the Bible verses outlined below. Meditate on each of them briefly.

Joh 3:16 KJV For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 10:28-29 KJV 28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Heb 5:9 KJV And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.

Heb 9:12 KJV Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Heb 9:15 KJV And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Heb 10:10-14 KJV 10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

But can't a believer lose his Salvation and go to hell (perish) if he's not careful after he has been saved? You may ask.

In answer to that question, take a look at these verses one more time and meditate on them.

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." John 10:28-29 KJV

The essence of Eternal Life is to keep the believer from perishing. Mind you, the believer is not the one keeping his Eternal Life from perishing. Eternal Life is actually what is keeping him from perishing. Whether he is careful how he lives his life on earth or not, that Eternal Life he has received continually keeps him from destruction.

However, a believer who foolishly lives in sin continually, will lose his rewards and will have nothing to show for his Salvation or Eternal Life in heaven.

Take note that I said he will lose his rewards in heaven, not his Salvation or Eternal Life. That is because the believer is committed with the responsibility of working for and keeping his heavenly rewards by living righteously on earth, not his Salvation or Eternal Life. That is God's part according to the scriptures.

Salvation (Eternal Life) is a gift he received on the basis of his Faith in the finished works of Christ, whereas heavenly rewards are dependent on his lifestyle while on earth here.

If he lives a godly lifestyle, a crown of glory awaits him in heaven. If he doesn't, he will not get anything reward from God in heaven though he is saved and shall spend eternity in heaven.

Eph 2:8-10 KJV 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

1Co 3:13-15 KJV 13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This is what the Bible teaches about Once Saved, Always Saved. It is purely biblical. Set aside any misconception you may have had about the catchphrase and see the eternal nature of Salvation as it has always been in the scriptures- open, simple and clear!

I hope this blesses you. Glory to God!

Source: https://www.feedmejesus.com/2021/08/is-once-saved-always-saved-biblical.html

Once saved forever saved is scriptural.

Jesus Christ is the Author of ETERNAL salvation.
Hebrews 5:9.

There three types of salvation mentioned in scripture.

1. The salvation of our spirit Romans10:9-10.
This occurs when you give your life to Christ and become born again. It involves the recreation of the human spirit.

2. Salvation of your soul
1 Peter1:9
This involves the renewal of our mind. It is a life long process.

3. Salvation of your body
Romans 8:23
This occurs at rapture.

When a person becomes born-again he becomes born of God. God fathered him. John 1:12.
No child of God can go to hell.

Once a person becomes born again, his spirit is recreated.
If anyman be in Christ he is a new creation(2 corinthians 5:17)

The word translated 'new' three is the Greek word kaino which means a new specie that never existed before and as such has no past.

A born again child of God is a new specie of human who has the life and nature of God.
Hell is meant for the old creation i.e. the old specie of man

Jesus said when the holy spirit comes to live in us, he will live in us forever.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

No body who has the holy spirit will end up in hell.

Bible say we are saved by grace without any recourse to works. Why then do people expect us to work-out our salvation

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

The Bible says we should work out or salvation, but quickly add that"It is God who works in us BOTH TO DO AND TO WILL HIS OWN GOOD PLEASURE.

1 Like

Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by unstoppable51(m): 11:09am On Aug 25, 2021
nencounter10:

Once saved forever saved is scriptural.

Jesus Christ is the Author of ETERNAL salvtion.

There three types of salvation mentioned in scripture.

1. The salvation of our spirit Romans10:9-10.
This occurs when you give your life to Christ . It involves the recreation of the human spirit.

2. Salvation of your soul
1 Peter1:9
This involves the renewal of our mind. It is a life long process.

3. Salvation of your body
Romans 8:23
This occurs at rapture.

When a person becomes born-again he becomes born of God. God fathered him. John 1:12.
No child of God can go to hell.

Once a person becomes born again, his spirit is recreated.
If anyman be in Christ he is a new creation(2 corinthians 5:17)

The word translated there is the Greek word kaino which means a new specie that never existed before and as such has no past.

A born again child of God is a new specie of human who has theife and nature of God.

Jesus said when the holy spirit comes to live in us, he will live in us forever.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

No body who has the holy spirit will end up in hell.

Bible say we are saved by grace without any recourse to works. Why the do people expect God to work-out our salbation

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

The Bible says we should work out or salvation, but quickly add that"It is God who works in us BOTH TO DO AND TO WILL HIS OWN GOOD PLEASURE.
Beautiful.
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by capnies: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
MyExpression:
See eh, some pastors don't want to preach this so that the congregations won't abuse salvation...but that was the same reason Paul asked, "should we continue in sin because Grace abounds?"

See eh, Grace abounds, so much so that all you need for salvation has been paid in the blood of Jesus. And it cannot be paid twice.
But rather than use that Grace to continue in sin, use the grace to live above sin and do great deeds for Christ.

PASTOR ADIGBOROJA
WHAT DOES BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM MEAN
WHAT DOES EVIL COMMUNICATION CORRUPTS GOOD MANNERS MEAN
WHAT DOES HE THAT IS BORN OF GOD CANNOT COMMIT SIN MEAN
AND MANY MORE
22 CENTURY PREACHER
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by nencounter10: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
The thread below is revant. It explains what righteousness is. It shows that new testament righteousness is not based on works.

https://www.nairaland.com/5894534/righteousness-explained
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Toluwarnih(m): 11:21pm On Sep 06, 2021
I'm scared with the way people misunderstand and misquote the scriptures these days.
Most times if they had just read the next verse, they'd have not been confused.
Hmm, countering each of your points will simply result in a needless debate.
But as for people who can be misled, all these quoting of scripture to indulge in sin and immoralities are deadly devices of the devil.
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

We all know that as born again Christians, our duty is to pray for grace everyday to keep our garment stainless until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. What then is the need for twisting of the scriptures to suite our imperfections, when God has called us unto perfection in St. Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. And we have the grace to keep us moving in holiness when we ask.

I wish I could drop links of striking messages that will send people thirsting for holiness!!
Hmm, it is well! Satan is a liar
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Toluwarnih(m): 1:04am On Sep 07, 2021
Toluwarnih:

I'm scared with the way people misunderstand and misquote the scriptures these days.
Most times if they had just read the next verse, they'd have not been confused.
Hmm, countering each of your points will simply result in a needless debate.
But as for people who can be misled, all these quoting of scripture to indulge in sin and immoralities are deadly devices of the devil.
2 Corinthians 2:11 Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

We all know that as born again Christians, our duty is to pray for grace everyday to keep our garment stainless until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. What then is the need for twisting of the scriptures to suite our imperfections, when God has called us unto perfection in St. Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. And we have the grace to keep us moving in holiness when we ask.

I wish I could drop links of striking messages that will send people thirsting for holiness!!
Hmm, it is well! Satan is a liar
just saw this on a whatsapp status

Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Toluwarnih(m): 8:45am On Sep 07, 2021
Where did I stopped?
I should have started with sanctification,
Sanctification is the second work of Grace, after salvation which is the washing away of our sins by the blood of Jesus.
Even Jesus Christ was sanctified, as we all know he also partook in all these things as the author and finisher of our faith. Hebrews 13:12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Including water baptism, He even got tempted.
Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
St. John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
The Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Why not go to God in prayer, if you're saved already, and ask for the cleansing power of the blood to sanctify you, instead of trying to cover up with wrong concepts, eternal salvation and the likes...
Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

May God help us all.
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Toluwarnih(m): 6:05am On Sep 08, 2021
What else is yet to be said?
What do people think?
Will God use filthy hearts and people who continue in sin for his glory? Because once saved is forever saved?
When God said, Leviticus 20:7 Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
be holy, be preserved blameless!!

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
1 Peter 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:
if we then should follow his steps, we also should do no sin, and no guile be found in us.

Psalms 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.
please have a rethink to escape the great judgment. May God help us

2 Peter 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2 Peter 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
chai! I pray it's not too late for you!

You can further read the book of 1Corinthians 10

Also check Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
if Christ be hanged on the cross, to redeem us from all curses, are we supposed to bring back curses on ourselves through sin?

May God help us, Amen.
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by Toluwarnih(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2021
Even Paul said 1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

But I think one thing that's evident but overlooked is the thin line between an entertainment stage and an alter/pulpit that speaks the striking truth that melts the heart and prepare souls for the cause which Jesus died.
Any preacher that won't strike out the saving truth, so heavily, is just an entertainer bent on cashing out.

I pray the death of Jesus will not be in vain in your life.

The blood of Jesus is able unto our salvation and even to our sanctification, which is the constant and continuous melting of our heart to remain holy until death.
May God help us all. Amen!
Re: Is Once Saved, Always Saved Biblical? Prince Gabriel Okocha by sholay2011(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
Of course, once saved is not always saved (Revelation 20:12; Rev 21:27; Rev 3:4; Exodus 32:30-33; Ezekiel 3:20; Hebrews 6:4-6).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Anglican Opposes British Govt. on the Selection of Bishop of Canterbury / How Can I Abide In Christ This Year? / How Many Of Billions Of Christians On Earth Do You Think Would Make Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.