Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution (19210 Views)

Hijab: MURIC Denounces The Action Of The JAMB Invigilators And Supervisors / Isreal Galadima The JAMB Guru: Throwback Pictures Of 2018 UTME Highest Scorer / Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by RioCarputo(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2021
he really got it right in jamb but one area we got issue with is about the jamb regularization, many of us graduate are still at home waiting for our admission to be regularize until it got done, we won't be able to mobilize for nysc.he should do something about it please.

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by TheAlchemist: 8:48am On Aug 22, 2021
Bsure:
The guy tried. It's not easy to change anything in Nigeria

Is change is welcomed if it brings about a more transparent and stronger institution. We are tired of story of a flash in the pan administrators... is he leaving a rigorous process that ensures 100% financial accountability.
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by joyandfaith: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2021
Miner13:
one thing is to have innovation another is to have improvement on it.no wonder you can no longer carry out malpractices and your usual machinery. kudos oloyede

This is not about cheating or JAMB. His cup would full one day. Just wait. He is a wicked jihadist. That was how you guys were hailing Abba kyari.
Ridicule is the first and last argument of a fool.-
Charles Simmons

See my signature
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Educationalserv: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2021
mrkings84:

U sound like a pro comedian!
Are you one??
sound like comedy to drugs takers ? Once high everthing looks funny .
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by joyandfaith: 9:04am On Aug 22, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:
[s][/s]

IPIG terrorist.

This is not about cheating or JAMB. His cup would full one day. Just wait. He is a wicked jihadist. That was how you guys were hailing Abba kyari

Charles Simmons

See my signature
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by ajericho(m): 9:06am On Aug 22, 2021
Integrity that doesn't apply for northerners
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by mapet: 9:13am On Aug 22, 2021
ayoncox:

It is unfortunate that we call tyranny good governance.
The same man creating stiffening system that fustrates young kids from gaining admission through his fanaticism is called messiah.
I laugh in Swahili

Awon eyan Miracle Centers......

Abeg your books and be diligent in study.....or tell your "young kids" to do same. Stiffening systems ko!

You want to cut corners

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by yahmohy27: 9:18am On Aug 22, 2021
nameo:
I have heard great things about this man like generating and returning about 40bn to the federation account when before he came Jamb had not returned up to 1bn total to the Federation account. Also, his tenure as VC Uniilorin.

I hope these are true.

If so, he is highly regarded by me and i would not forget his name again

Is because you have that thing people SENSE unlike some of those from risen ☀️ side
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Okeychigo: 9:33am On Aug 22, 2021
This man still remain the best jamb registrar ever.. Am a christian buh not fanatic .. This man remain good Muslim breed so far.. His system give me admission.. Without him, I for don give up in schooling ...
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by mapet: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2021
I want to respond to some of your submission...

Rootprof:
Oloyede have is own merit and demerit.
Like one man once said to prove you've done something great you don't need to talk or write much. I will write my views in points.

Point 1- Oloyede tried so much in generating and remmitting money to the government. Is good in accountability. But the main question is was jamb created to generate money ? I thought the registration amount should be reducing or the leftover money after exam should be send back to the applicants.

Yes, JAMB is expected to generate money. Do you expect that the parastal will run on loss? How much is the cost of SAT, TOEFL and similar certification bodies in other countries? It costs about 65K to register for SAT, Americans don't get it free. How do you account for the costs of content gathering, consultants, researches, infrastructure, proprietary, data. In the days we are clamoring for reduction in cost of governance, should JAMB not be able to stand alone, make money to cover its costs and provide for growth? Talking about growth, JAMB will begin to attract people from the corporate world to further rejig and prepare for a competitive future, some of these are at great costs....

Meanwhile exam fees was reduced by 1.5k, lately

Point 2- The validity of jamb should be 3-5 years if truly they wise applicants well and want to convince us jamb is not truly another tool in government hand to make money. Have come across many applicants that their scores reduced than their previous scores.
Please what is Oloyede doing about this.
While it is desirable to have Good JAMB scores for more than a year, I think the onus lies on Universities and not JAMB. JAMB conducts exams, UNI can decide this...
Point 3- Except you don't have siblings or anyone around you that you will claim jamb registration procedure is okay. This past jamb registration was worst, applicants sleeping at registration center,spending days, additional money and most importantly risking their lives and property just to register. Even during the era of jamb using form before the introduction of online registration it's not as tideous and difficult as this. Get more centers accredited for the registration.

I don't get you here. My daughter wrote JAMB this year, even though the school coordinated the registration, most of the registration was done online, payment online. I think it's the people who are yet to get used to the online process that converge in registration centers, else its a simple and straight forward process.

Point 4- What's the essence of post-jamb after jamb. Why the multiple exam if not to generate money. What's the government and jamb register doing about these.
The problem here is with the Universities and not JAMB. Even Prof Oloyede had condemned Unis still conducting Post-Jamb saying it is illegal. I agree too. What is the essense of Post-Jamb if we have a standard certifying body.

Finally I think the next jamb registration charges should be very low or free since they keep making money yearly and jamb is not a ministry. You're joking, right?
And to the government it's time you prove to us western education as not been turn to money making and not impacting knowledge alone. I remember then weac examination was free or almost free and most of our leaders benefits from such. The value of education is declining and very risky for development of the country. WAEC exam fees have never been free, someone carries the costs. In many States, Governors pay WAEC exam fees..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by mapet: 9:48am On Aug 22, 2021
joyandfaith:

Educationalserv: :
potential exam cheat located.
I wrote my jamb before your were born. Cheat was rare then. That was how you guys hailed abba kyari and buhari. End of the matter is better than beginning.

That you wrote your JAMB before he was born (even if true) is of no consequences to the discuss, neither does it confer any form of authority nor wisdom on you. Unfortunately, you that claimed you wrote JAMB back then, supports cheating....

2 Likes

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by MufasaLion: 9:51am On Aug 22, 2021
ayoncox:

The same man creating stiffening system that fustrates young kids from gaining admission through his fanaticism is called messiah.
I laugh in Swahili

Well, you'd see it that way since you ain't used to writing your exams yourself or perhaps you cheated through school.
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by IPIGSRSHALLOW: 9:53am On Aug 22, 2021
joyandfaith:

Charles Simmons

See my signature

Yeah that quote fits you perfectly. Wear it like a badge of honor.
IPIG reta@d.
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by jaeyking(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2021
chiedu7:
Why bother go to school when all u need to do is say ur from the north & u can score so badly & yet get admitted

Admitted in a Northern school bah
You can as well go to the south, score so badly and say you are from the south and get admitted.

Abi south una hate unaselves neh.

Abeg dey think before u talk
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2021
Rootprof:
Oloyede have is own merit and demerit.
Like one man once said to prove you've done something great you don't need to talk or write much. I will write my views in points.

Point 1- Oloyede tried so much in generating and remmitting money to the government. Is good in accountability. But the main question is was jamb created to generate money ? I thought the registration amount should be reducing or the leftover money after exam should be send back to the applicants.

Point 2- The validity of jamb should be 3-5 years if truly they wise applicants well and want to convince us jamb is not truly another tool in government hand to make money. Have come across many applicants that their scores reduced than their previous scores.
Please what is Oloyede doing about this.

Point 3- Except you don't have siblings or anyone around you that you will claim jamb registration procedure is okay. This past jamb registration was worst, applicants sleeping at registration center,spending days, additional money and most importantly risking their lives and property just to register. Even during the era of jamb using form before the introduction of online registration it's not as tideous and difficult as this. Get more centers accredited for the registration.

Point 4- What's the essence of post-jamb after jamb. Why the multiple exam if not to generate money. What's the government and jamb register doing about these.

Finally I think the next jamb registration charges should be very low or free since they keep making money yearly and jamb is not a ministry.
And to the government it's time you prove to us western education as not been turn to money making and not impacting knowledge alone. I remember then weac examination was free or almost free and most of our leaders benefits from such. The value of education is declining and very risky for development of the country.

1. Jamb generates money because they pay for a lot of stuff out of that money. Goverment wants them to generate more money because they no longer have enough cash to give mdas.

2. If the validity if jamb goes up by 3 to 5 years it would only make the backlog of admissions problem worse. In a given year there are more students than there are places for them. That's a problem for the education ministry to deal with

3. Again those things are beyond JAMBs control ie registration hiccups. We need better internet network etc.

4.Post jamb was brought in in 2005 because universities got tired of admitting cheats with high scores they could not defend. And the universities have refused to remove it to this day despite government talking to them about it.
Infact it was the constant gaming of the system that led to the appointment of the cur rent jamb registrar

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Fourwinds: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2021
sammirano:
Wicked terrorist That man is worse than buhari.
Go and sit down my friend. Even as terrible as Buhari his, this man appointment was the best he has ever made.. Nonsense everywhere
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Fourwinds: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2021
siraj1402:
I wonder what type of government Nigerian really want if anyone is still not pleased with Oloyede's way of managing JAMB.

Go and sit down my friend. Even as terrible as Buhari his, this man appointment was the best he has ever made.. Nonsense everywhere

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Metalsmith(m): 10:08am On Aug 22, 2021
I thank God for his achievements,integrity. honesty and transparency in the management of Jamb affairs during his five year tenure. He is a model of a devout practicing muslim in public service. Christians and Muslims should search.identify and encourage devout Christians and Muslims with leadership skills and pushed them forward into public service. for a better Nigeria. Nigeria needs people like Dr AbduLateef AbduHakeem in Lagos and other known muslim scholars and leaders to plant the fruit of revolution that can transform Nigeria into Dubai model of governance that can transform Nigeria to paradise on earth..Nigeria needs leaders who are committed to live an exemplary life devoid of religious bigotry.nepotism and ethnicity. corruption and wealth accumulation.

2 Likes

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by FaithfuII18(f): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2021
olufunmi01:
Nothing concern me I just want to win bets
stay away from gambling if you value your life and career

3 Likes

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by siraj1402(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2021
Fourwinds:

Are you confused?
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by azikiweironsi(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2021
Truly Prof. Oloyede is a man of honour and deserve the next five years term. He made Unilorin to be one of the best universities in Nigeria and the world. Only Federal Government University that doesn't go to strike during his leadership. Kudos to you sir. Continue with your good work.

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by Fourwinds: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2021
siraj1402:
Are you confused?

I'm not confuse...it is you who don't understand my message....Buhari is bad but the person he put in charge of JAMB has done better than those who were there before him...

Hope my explanation is clear now
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by siraj1402(m): 11:03am On Aug 22, 2021
Fourwinds:

I'm not confuse...it is you who don't understand my message....Buhari is bad but the person he put in charge of JAMB has done better than those who were there before him...

Hope my explanation is clear now
....And you sure you understand my initial message?
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by adigun86(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2021
But he uses his Taliba training to stop the stealing in jamb, he made admission possible for those that never think they will study. A boy in my street that his parent each from hand to mouth gain admission into uniabuja without knowing anyone just by the jamb process. Please let's celebrate an achiever not wailer like our politicians.

JAMB taliban. Very wicked man!
Many people don't know him. Life is more than JAMB.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by OJURONGBE1(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2021
He should be made Education minister.
I like his honesty & innate abilities that have transformed JAMB from an Analog to a full stack digital system and reduce some bottlenecks like high registration fees & sanctions on special centres filled with malpractices.
Men like this are rare, regardless of his religious affinity. He's done okay but there are still a lot to improve on.

3 Likes

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by TWLifestyle: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2021
ayoncox:

I laugh in Swahili
lol - they should go and read . It's not oloyede frustrating anyone from gaining admission its lack of preparation . Becos young people have relied on others writing their exams , cheating through special centres etc it goes to show the calibre of our young ones who demand transparency in governance but want to cheat their way through life .

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by ThatFairGuy1: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2021
Enemy of progress. You deserve to be sent in exile in Afghanistan. NONSENSICAL
ayoncox:

I laugh in Swahili

1 Like

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by TWLifestyle: 11:57am On Aug 22, 2021
joyandfaith:

I wrote my jamb before your were born. Cheat was rare then. That was how you guys hailed abba kyari and buhari. End of the matter is better than beginning.
he performed well in unilorin, elevated the school to university of top choice . His efforts at jamb have been enumerated in the article . Wait till he fvcks up - if not commend him for a job well done - thats the way it works - if we are waiting for people to mess up NOBODY would ever be commended for anything they do right - including you .

2 Likes

Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by TWLifestyle: 11:59am On Aug 22, 2021
OJURONGBE1:
He should be made Education minister.
I like his honesty & innate abilities that have transformed jamb from an Analog to a full stack digital system.
Men like this are rare, regardless of his religious affinity. He's done okay but there are still a lot to improve on.
this comment is premium . Do you know what an oloyede at the helm of the education ministry would achieve ! I hope it happens .
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by kareemkamil(m): 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
This is the type of person we need in Nigeria
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by joyandfaith: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
IPIGSRSHALLOW:

Yeah that quote fits you perfectly. Wear it like a badge of honor.
IPIG reta@d.

This is not about cheating or JAMB. His cup would full one day. Just wait. He is a wicked jihadist. That was how you guys were hailing Abba kyari

Charles Simmons

See my signature
Re: Oloyede And The JAMB Revolution by joyandfaith: 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
mapet:

That you wrote your JAMB before he was born (even if true) is of no consequences to the discuss, neither does it confer any form of authority nor wisdom on you. Unfortunately, you that claimed you wrote JAMB back then, supports cheating....

This is not about cheating or JAMB. His cup would full one day. Just wait. He is a wicked jihadist. That was how you guys were hailing Abba kyari.

Charles Simmons

See my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB: Muslim Candidates In Hijab Harassed - MSSN / NANS Gives FG 7 Days Ultimatum To Call Off Strike, Plans National Protest / Facts About JAMB 2017 Results Upgrade & Why You Should Run From Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.