Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,616 members, 7,801,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? (42515 Views)

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo) / Coca-Cola Nigeria Launches ‘mama’, The Affordable 1 litre Pet Bottle Of Coke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by uzoma213(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
bomsilaga:

You are embarrassing yourself for believing big business propaganda.
Just grow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWLQaz8nhQw
did you even watch that video?
The coke drink(can) used in the video was the regular coke(not coke zero) that contains sugar and it was clearly stated in the video that the zero coke has zero sugar to which even the host affirmed.

So what are you saying

2 Likes

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by docseun: 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Its a marketing trick...zero sugar does not mean zero calories..There are other sweetening substitutes like saccharine etc. which are less calorie dense than natural sugars...thats what they put into diet sodas like Coke Zero, Pepsi light etc. These drinks can still suppress your insulin levels and place you at risk of Type 2 diabetes..Even though these diet drinks are not as calorie loaded as Original Coke, Fanta etc....you should still take them in moderation. Don't fall for the hype.

1 Like

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by treatise: 6:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
uzoma213:
it is a lie o.
Check out the link from cancer.org

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/aspartame.html

Those are views influenced by multinationals just like saying "white Maggi" nor get adverse effects.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by showafrica(m): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
AroOkigbo:

There's no sugar.
Other sweetners are used to improve the taste.
Sugar isn't the only material that is sweet.

Glucose is glucose abi sucrose. Whether they use another thing or not, as far as ur test board indicates surgery test, it is suger.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Sariel(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
According to research, adverse effects of aspartame only occur at very high concentrations not generally achieved by daily consumption. Consuming large amounts of aspartame is bad because it may cause the following Headaches and migraines : Glutamate is a byproduct of aspartame that may trigger headaches or worsen migraine symptoms. Increased body mass index ( BMI ) or weight gain : Many recent studies have reported that consuming artificial sweeteners disrupts the metabolic response within the body. One of the reasons for this is because artificial sweeteners provide a sweet taste. In some cases, it is hundreds of times sweeter than regular sugar and this sweetness does not match the energy or calories that foods provide. When sweetness is matched by calories, the body is satisfied. When the sweet flavor is not followed by the right amount of calories, the brain does not get the same message. This can cause the brain to signal that it needs more, which interferes with metabolism. Diabetes : One of the side effects of aspartame is that it can actually cause a person to develop diabetes . Because it can affect a person’s metabolism, it can also affect the way that the body gets rid of sugars. This can damage the pancreas, which then causes issues with the production of insulin . Because aspartame interferes with metabolism, it can trigger metabolic syndrome. Phenylketonuria : Individuals with a metabolic disease called phenylketonuria cannot process aspartame, so levels build up in them and may cause complications. Cancer : There are claims stating that aspartame has carcinogenic potential. There are direct links that consuming aspartame can increase the likelihood of a person developing certain types of cancer. However, the evidence to prove it conclusively is missing. Heart disease : Consuming foods and beverages that contain aspartame can increase your risk of heart disease . If an individual is overweight, pre-diabetic, diabetic or at risk of heart -related diseases genetically, it is a good idea to stay away from foods and drinks that contain aspartame because these can dramatically increase the risk of heart- related diseases and other health issues. Memory loss (Alzheimer’s disease and dementia ): Drinking diet soda and consuming diet foods that contain aspartame can increase the risk of dementia by up to three times. Drinking aspartame- laden drinks seems to be the worst culprit because the body breaks them down into methanol, which is converted into formaldehyde. This is quite dangerous for the entire body, but especially for the brain. When the brain cannot distinguish between the sweetness of these drinks and sugar and expects calories to follow, it can cause many different types of issues. Some people may be sensitive to aspartame and experience symptoms like hives , rashes and trouble in breathing . Lupus is an autoimmune disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. Swelling caused by lupus can affect many different body systems including the joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, brain, heart and lungs . Mood irritability Depression Dizziness Seizures Erectile dysfunction ( ED ), impotency Anxiety Multiple sclerosis , generalized body pain Diarrhea Abdominal bloating What is aspartame used for? The purpose of aspartame in food is to reduce the amount of sugar and calories.
However, it cannot be used in cooking or baking because aspartame is not stable and will hydrolyze (break down) into amino acids when heated to temperatures above 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The function of aspartame is to act as a sugar substitute. It is about 200 times sweeter than sugar. Moreover, the calories in aspartame are negligible because it is so sweet that just 1 gram of the sweetener contains approximately just 17 calories.
cc: Uzoma213, Ghostrye, Ninisun, 2loadedguy.

1 Like

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by deebrain(m): 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
aboyaji:
More like asking is Buhari from the North?

There are traces of sugar in that drink.

Most Nigerian production commercials or ads are built on the foundation of lies and deceit.

I had stopped taking those drinks long before now. They are made from flavours nowadays than natural produce.

Flavours contain sweeteners which at least contain fragments or lower percentage of sugar/ saccharine contents.

Do not let anyone deceive you.

The likes of Pepsi products have a lot of varieties in the market which are all as a result concentration of flavours - Flavours which contain high amount of chemicals which pose treat to human health.

Coca-Cola have followed suit in joining the bandwagon of churning out those dangerous drinks that we consume in the name of ENJOYMENT

May God bless you with live chicken this coming Christmas.

100% on point.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by BennyDGreat: 7:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
Limassol:
My brother desist from consuming sugar regularly, it ain't good for your health. Regarding kola nut take it in moderation and you will be fine.

Ok boss. I appreciate
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by dragunov: 7:35pm On Sep 12, 2021
seunmsg:

You can use dry and grind Dabino and use it as a sweetener just the way you use sugar.

Its debinu, oga auditor
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by OChimex: 7:37pm On Sep 12, 2021
lastchild:
somebody said this but I disagreed with him.

i thought every sweet thing is sugary except honey

In that case, those other sweetners he meant might be honey tongue
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by ofiko123(m): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
Definitely it is without sugar..
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by helicoptarr: 8:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Better is the one with sugar than those 'without' sugar.

The type of sweeteners in the zero sugar types are way more poisonous than the sugar in the regular ones.

Zero sugar a scam.

Other types of killer sweeteners include aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, saccharine, etc.

You can go online to check their implications on human health and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by ugosteine23: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sariel:
There is no Sugar in it, although what is in it is worse than sugar, it's Saccharine or Aspartame.
How is aspartame worse than sugar
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by BDXTRA: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad Dis thing don affect my eye oo.Any medicine for blur vision sad

You'd better stop sugary things if actually yu believe it is giving you blur vision. In fact you fit go do urine test o make no be say yu don dey suffer from Diabetic retinopathy. Be careful bro
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sariel:
There is no Sugar in it, although what is in it is worse than sugar, it's Saccharine or Aspartame.

Exactly what someone told me. The ingredient used is worse than sugar.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Cof1ex(m): 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
BennyDGreat:

Wetin be your key find findings
External Supervisor don come
In a nutshell...

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Trex4(m): 9:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
loko50:
A lot of ignorant responses here. It contains aspertame which is 200 times sweeter than sugar (sucrose) but has low calories compared to sugar.
E Tire me oh. I just pity the people that will be misled by these comments.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Kvng1234: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Depends on wat ur idea of sugar is and the types of sugar there is. First of, not everything that is sweet is a sugar. sugars ar divided in2 monosaccharides, disaccharides, and polysaccharides. Taking any form of sugar makes the body break it down to its simplest form which is Glucose (monosaccharide) hence all forms of sugar increases Blood sugar
Zero drinks mostly contain Aspartame which is not a sugar but a protein dat is as sweet as the sugar (200x sweeter than sucrose) .... the body doesnt break it down as a sugar bt rather as a protein which is broken down to amino acids etc and it has little or no effect on blood sugar. grin shocked
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by 123papas(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
lastchild:

Honey is a type of Sugar
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by chikason68(m): 11:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Sariel:
Saccharine as a food additive have been banned due to its cancerous nature. They use Aspartame which is 10times sweeter than sugar though they re indication that it could be cancerous as well but it has not been proven
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by wehdone(m): 12:27am On Sep 13, 2021
lastchild:

There are sweeteners that are several times sweeter thann sugar. Neotame is over 10,000times sweeter than sugar... Lets say if you put one spoon of Neotame inside a tank of water, I'll need to put 10,000 spoons of sugar in my tank to achieve the same sweetness level that you have

1 Like

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by AroOkigbo(m): 2:15am On Sep 13, 2021
justmondris:

And you thing saccharine is a good thing?
Never said so. Topic is if there's sugar.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by AroOkigbo(m): 2:16am On Sep 13, 2021
bomsilaga:
I beg to disagree. Zero sugar uses more sugar to get to it's taste.
It's obvious you aren't into chemistry
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by AroOkigbo(m): 2:18am On Sep 13, 2021
ehinmowo:

Dt drink has sugar. I drink it and I experienced the same thing I experienced while drinking sugary drinks..
Yeah, we all have same feeling. ..but that doesn't make it sugar.
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by ipobarethieves: 10:22am On Sep 13, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed thanks so much.I really appreciate.I have done blood test I’ll go do urine test wen I’m less busy this Thursday.Once again,I appreciate
BDXTRA:

You'd better stop sugary things if actually yu believe it is giving you blur vision. In fact you fit go do urine test o make no be say yu don dey suffer from Diabetic retinopathy. Be careful bro
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by BDXTRA: 11:45am On Sep 13, 2021
ipobarethieves:
embarassed embarassed embarassed thanks so much.I really appreciate.I have done blood test I’ll go do urine test wen I’m less busy this Thursday.Once again,I appreciate

No mind me.....I'm just concerned, hence my emotions. Actually, you can get to know a diabetic state via blood test. If your blood test is okay and it is not diabetes, then you may need further diagnosis.

Urine test may not be needed if the Doctor does not ask for it. In short, you just need to see a doctor and lodge your complaints and he will know just what to do. It may be another issue that got nothing to do with sugar or diabetes.

It will be well bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by DonroxyII: 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2021
Cof1ex:
This is my University project work
I worked on how zero Coke and normal Coke raises the body sugar level and then comparing them to glucose (standard)...
What's your conclusion? What's the result of your hypothesis ?

Share with us na ? .....

I don't take any soda nowadays .... Zero or sugar .... I abstained already !!
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Cof1ex(m): 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2021
DonroxyII:
What's your conclusion? What's the result of your hypothesis ?

Share with us na ? .....

I don't take any soda nowadays .... Zero or sugar .... I abstained already !!
I have already posted this here...
Here, is a graphical representation of my results... From the graph, zero doesn't rise our blood sugar level, normal Coke does..
But zero Coke contains aspartame which is a deadly artificial sweetener, it's a popular low calorie substitute and It's cancerous.
Most people come online to condemn zero Coke because it contains aspartame without knowing that most of the product they consume everyday contains aspartame too, eg chewing gum, ice cream, even your malt with no sugar...
Note; most producers might not write aspartame in the label but will use the E-number E-951

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by DonroxyII: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2021
Cof1ex:

I have already posted this here...
Here, is a graphical representation of my results... From the graph, zero doesn't rise our blood sugar level, normal Coke does..
But zero Coke contains aspartame which is a deadly artificial sweetener, it's a popular low calorie substitute and It's cancerous.
Most people come online to condemn zero Coke because it contains aspartame without knowing that most of the product they consume everyday contains aspartame too, eg chewing gum, ice cream, even your malt with no sugar...
Note; most producers might not write aspartame in the label but will use the E-number E-951

Thanks a bunch !!
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by themes009(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2021
That's why ogoro or kainkain, whatever you call it, it's better than
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Over to coke addicts, what's ur say?
Re: Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? by ahnie: 6:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ma'am Dominique, lalasticlala and nlfpmod,pls kindly take my food thread to the front page.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christmas Chicken! Have You Noticed This Increase In Price? / See The Items I Bought For ₦5,650 (Picture) / Alligator Was Killed In My Neighborhood Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.