Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Worst Career Advice & Lucrative Tech Jobs Nobody Talks About - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Worst Career Advice & Lucrative Tech Jobs Nobody Talks About (872 Views)

Lucrative Tech Skill To Learn In 2023 / Common Interview Questions For Tech Jobs / Unpopular Tech Jobs That Pay More Than The Popular Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worst Career Advice & Lucrative Tech Jobs Nobody Talks About by Remitush: 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2021
I'll start with the worst career advice and list some of the lucrative tech jobs everybody seem to be overlooking.

When I got a job at the NGO I was working before in 2019/2020, my salary was 20k/month.

These are the reasons the HR had given to me to justify this pay as an administrative officer in the form of career advice.

1) I was a recent graduate of history with zero working experience so needed to be trained on the job

2) I hadn't done NYSC, so I'm lucky to start life early

3)The NGO is new and needed funding so I should lower my expectations and make do with what I have

4)There is hardly any job for history graduates except via strong connection.

5) I was told to be happy that I have a job in Buhari economy

Then I came across my current mentor and signed up for TSEAO meetup (Tech Skills and Endless Audience OPPORTUNITIES) that qualified me for a coaching program which eventually got me a remote job as a salesforce administrator for a company in the US which I already talked about here on nairaland.

You can sign up for TSEAO meetup here: https://paystack.com/pay/tech-skills-endless-opportunities

Here is what I found out :

A lot of companies in Nigeria are fond of justifying terrible pay with the threat that "there are thousands of people out there who will take less than what I am paying you, so you should be grateful"

There are thousands of people earning peanut from this threat.

But my career coach made me discover that:

Yes I am fortunate that I have a job
Yes I am fortunate I can put some food on the table
I should be happy and thankful but should never be satisfied.

She stated It's very okay to be happy and grateful but unsatisfied and to never let people give you advice that keeps you stuck especially if it is a pretty bad situation.

Some of the remote lucrative tech options I got to know that is rarely talked about include:

1) Salesforce Admin / Developer
2) Scrum master
3) ITSM mgt
4) Cyber biz analyst & Scrum
5) Biz intell analyst/consulting
6) ServiceNow admin & developer
7) Sql Bi analyst
cool HRIS admin
9) WordPress admin / developer
10) Technical Writing
11) UI /UX
12) Web design SEO

Use this link below to determine if its time for you to make a progressive shift in your career

https://forms.gle/f6QG2JY9cnwyMTWMA

1 Like

Re: Worst Career Advice & Lucrative Tech Jobs Nobody Talks About by Remitush: 3:14pm On Jan 16, 2023
Technology is exploding. Don’t sleep on it

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Affairs / Is It Worth It Switching To A Career In Telecommunication / Three Ways For Relocating To Canada By 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.