Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,132 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:30 AM

Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election (18073 Views)

Festus Keyamo Challenges Aviation ‘Experts’ To A Public Debate / Igbo Vs Bini: Reno Omokri Destroys Uche Chuta In A Public Debate (VIDEO) / You Lied’ — Amaechi Challenges Peter Obi To Public Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by BluntCrazeMan: 12:53am On Aug 23, 2021
ANAMBRA2021: SENATOR IFEANYI UBAH CHALLENGES PROF. SOLUDO TO PROVIDE HIS MANIFESTO WITHIN 48-HOURS, AND A PUBLIC DEBATE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF PRESENTATION OF HIS MANIFESTO.

In our quest to deepen our democracy which thrives on issue based and constructive deliberations, I have watched with keen interest, the mudslinging and needlessly disruptive comment made by Prof. Chukwuma Soludo of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) to the effect that a WAEC Certificate holder cannot govern Anambra State.

To the glory of God, having recently graduated with a 2.2 LL.B Hons from the Prestigious Baze University, Abuja by dint of hard-work ,I do not consider it necessary or feel the obsessive compulsion to flaunt my University Degree as it is not a prerequisite to contest for Governorship.

Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, etc all rose to the apex of success without degrees. It is also worthy of note to let Soludo know that those money bags he is anticipating to bankroll his campaign in Anambra are also not degree holders. In the same vein, those that gave him employment both in the past and present are also not degree holders. I am speaking the mind of other aspirants because I believe that anybody that wants to govern Anambra has the right to contest and should not be tongue-lashed because of a basic requirement by INEC.

The truth is that politics has evolved beyond uncouth aspersions and mud slinging. Having taken my time to carefully observe, study and analyze this statement, I have come to the conclusion that there is no justification in his statement as I personally believe that my formidable track record of achievements and wealth of experience as a private investor have earned me tremendous knowledge, skills and capacity to understand the multiple expectations of Anambrarians.

Prof. Soludo’s statement is a game of misdirection which seeks to distract us from focusing on robust policy arguments and constructive debates that will resolve the palpable crises of governance in Anambra State.

With the infrastructural decadence and what is happening in Anambra today, it is clear and evident that the state is in pain and in dire need of a leader that has a pragmatic and layman’s understanding of what governance is all about to redirect us to the path of sustainable and viable economic growth.

I sincerely retain the belief that the era of “textbook grammatical grandstanding” and theoretical politics is over in Anambra. Our people now want a leader with practicable ideas and dynamism to move the state forward. Ideas that will proffer sustainable solutions to the socio-economic problems beclouding the state due to bad governance brought to the fore by the present government.

In this regard, I am challenging Prof. Soludo to an open public manifesto debate with me. Let us put our manifestos out before the court of public opinion and adjudication so as to let the people decide their preferred candidate whose agenda resonates with the layman and electorate.

My manifesto which is tagged “Arise, a New Anambra is Possible” is a comprehensive road-map for the actualization of a New and Better Anambra that will open access to equal opportunities to all Anambrarians, guarantee quality infrastructural development, qualitative education, improved security and rapid industrialization in Anambra State.

Furthermore, I will also unveil my Policy Document tagged; The ANAMBRA SUSTAINABLE SOCIO ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION (A.S.S.E.T) which is an economic blueprint that incisively articulates and provides detailed Socio-Economic context/perspective on my Policy Thrust and Economic Roadmap for Anambra State.

Looking at how far we have come as a state, we cannot afford to go back to yesteryears of politics characterized by bitterness, avarice and verbal attacks. I am calling on Prof. Soludo to unveil his manifesto and engage the people of Anambra State constructively and objectively. I wish to further state, my readiness to fully sponsor such a debate within the next seven (7) days of presenting his manifesto.

Conclusively, elections and the debates that follow should be solely focused on issues that will be beneficial to the electorate, not about throwing everything, including the kitchen sink at each other. Our conduct during this pre-election period reflects our ability to perform our duties dutifully if/when elected into public office. I wish to implore every one of us to do the right thing with respect to ensuring that our campaigns are bereft of calumny and conducted in a proper and sane manner. I am rest assured that such a move will further solidify our democracy and entrench purposeful narratives that will change the tide of our polity positively.

Senator (Dr.) Ifeanyi Ubah
Anambra South Senatorial District.

Please click on the link below to download my manifesto:
https://www.ifeanyiubahfoundation.org/i/SEN-DR-IFEANYI-UBAH-MANIFESTO.pdf

SORUCE:
Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah’s Official Facebook Page.
https://www.facebook.com/152473798284206/posts/1695611983970372

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHbjgoVG6tk

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by BluntCrazeMan: 12:56am On Aug 23, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:

SORUCE:

Senator (Dr.) Ifeanyi Ubah is the YPP Gubernatorial Candidate for the November 2021 Anambra State Gubernatorial Election.

Meanwhile.....
The election will be massively rigged..
IT'S VERY SIMPLE AND CLEAR.
The new Amendment of the Electoral Act would not be concluded by then..
And thus, the use of “Card-Reader Accreditation” would still remain an outlawed option, thereby making it highly possible for the pen-and-paper type of rigging to take place comfortably.

barcaboi:

If you voted last election you’d realise accreditation was by card reader; then names are crosschecked on register sheet to be sure. Before papers are given to be voted. In cases card readers didn’t show the name; the register sheet is used.

@Barcaboi..
If you followed the Atiku-Vs-Buhari Tribunal cases of 2019 very well, the Card-Reader Accreditation process was not used in a lot of Polling-units across the nation, and the Atiku-Team wanted the court to nullify all those Polling-units where there were no Accreditation data from the Card-Reader (and in some other Polling-units where the Card-Reader Accreditation data revealed that there was serious over-voting).. But the Judgement of the Tribunal ruled that the Card-Reader Accreditation is not yet an acceptable electoral process according to the current Electoral Act, and that the only tool through which a petitioner can establish any claims of over-voting and any claims of manipulations in the accreditation data is only through the Voters-Registers.. The Judgement ruled that the use of the Card-Reader is very commendable though, but then, it is not yet recognised by the current Electoral Act.
So my dear, a lot of things are happening.

6 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Rugaria: 1:02am On Aug 23, 2021
Lol
This restless man.
E pain this one.. His name was not mentioned by Soludo when that statement about people without university degrees not being capable of ruling Anambra was made.. Na guilty conscience dey push am. And it has gotten to the extent of challenging Soludo to a debate. More like a fat cow challenging a lion to a fight!
How can one be that suicidal?
Goodluck trying to trash Soludo in a debate that will likely focus on economic policies. You just want to commit political harakiri..

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by kestolove95(m): 1:11am On Aug 23, 2021
Person wey no hear English won debate

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by kingsways: 1:12am On Aug 23, 2021
WAEC is not enough for Anambra

Soludo is right

63 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by kestolove95(m): 1:12am On Aug 23, 2021
Boni49:
Good one
oga how far with those money na? U are tempting me

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by BluntCrazeMan: 1:17am On Aug 23, 2021
Rugaria:
Lol
This restless man.
E pain this one.. His name was not mentioned by Soludo when that statement about people without university degrees not being capable of ruling Anambra was made.. Na guilty conscience dey push am. And it has gotten to the extent of challenging Soludo to a debate. More like a fat cow challenging a lion to a fight!
Goodluck trying to trash Soludo in a debate that will likely focus on economic policies. You just want to commit political harakiri..
Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah’s Running Mate (YPP) has “TERM-PAPER” as one of his qualifications...
Whatever that one means, I don't even know..

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Rugaria: 1:29am On Aug 23, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah’s Running Mate (YPP) has “TERM-PAPER” as one of his qualifications...
Whatever that one means, I don't even know..

If Ubah concentrated his efforts more in broadening his business, he will be of immense help to the good people of Anambra state. Creating quality jobs and all that. But he won't listen. He wants to be governor, senator or even president, just because he's rich. It's a huge problem in the East these days. Once they make mega billions, they jump into politics and start to constitute themselves into all sorts political obstacles for the ordinary people... It's even starting to look like they use politics to announce their "arrival".... Rochas Okorocha, Hope Uzodinmma, Ifeanyi Ubah, Orji Kalu, Orjiakor, Emeka Offor and Ubah brothers them.. it's insane.
Most times they have nothing intellectually poignant to add to governance. Just noise and bluster..

64 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Ofunaofu: 1:43am On Aug 23, 2021
Ifeanyi Ubah challenging Prof soludo to a public debate. That's a good one

grin
"Text book grammatical grandstanding"

But the truth is manifestos don't win elections in Nigeria

28 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by BluntCrazeMan: 1:55am On Aug 23, 2021
Ofunaofu:
Ifeanyi Ubah challenging Prof soludo to a public debate. That's a good one

grin
"Text book grammatical grandstanding"

But the truth is manifestos don't win elections in Nigeria

The Election will be massively rigged by-the-way....
The new Amendment of the Electoral Act would not be concluded by then..
And thus, the use of “Card-Reader Accreditation” would still remain an outlawed option, thereby making it highly possible for the pen-and-paper type of rigging to take place comfortably.

SmartPolician:
Anambra PDP no get sense. The only candidate that would have matched Soludo's popularity would have been Dr. Godwin Maduka. Now, he has joined a party that doesn't have the wherewithal to promote his campaign across the state, thereby making Soludo's election bid an easy task. Who knows? It may even be APGA members that worked against Maduka's interest in the PDP.

As for Ifeanyi Ubah, he should maintain his senatorial seat with his YPP because winning that position shows that he's hugely popular in his constituency. As for governorship bid, it's DOA. Meanwhile, he should endeavour to keep his businesses alive and settle his debt with AMCON. Politics is so lucrative in Nigeria that when businessmen join it, they don't mind killing their businesses because they make enough money from it.
@SmartPolician, you see this bolded statement in this comment of yours??
That's the exact reason why independent candidacy can never work in Nigeria.
Because, in Nigeria, we vote for party, and not for candidates.
Had it been that we have grown above party empathy, even if our desired candidate joins a very unpopular party, so far that he is the one we wanted, we will all still vote for him inside that unpopular party.

kcmichael:
Anambra election result
Apc = 209,555
Apga =190,506
Ypp=90,447
Accord =70 690
Pdp=69,549
@kcmichael...
You have just seen what I long saw three years ago.
Massive Paperworks will take place..
But we go still dey alright.
God will see us through.

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by SmartPolician: 2:47am On Aug 23, 2021
Anambra PDP no get sense. The only candidate that would have matched Soludo's popularity would have been Dr. Godwin Maduka. Now, he has joined a party that doesn't have the wherewithal to promote his campaign across the state, thereby making Soludo's election bid an easy task. Who knows? It may even be APGA members that worked against Maduka's interest in the PDP.

As for Ifeanyi Ubah, he should maintain his senatorial seat with his YPP because winning that position shows that he's hugely popular in his constituency. As for governorship bid, it's DOA. Meanwhile, he should endeavour to keep his businesses alive and settle his debt with AMCON. Politics is so lucrative in Nigeria that when businessmen join it, they don't mind killing their businesses because they make enough money from it.

13 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Tinubuadvocate: 3:17am On Aug 23, 2021
senator ubah still own federal government 500b naira I don't know when he will pay this money

10 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Monogamy: 4:45am On Aug 23, 2021
Hahahah, Ubah, a bicycle rider wey dey make reverse into a fuel filling station.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by MERCHANDISER: 4:54am On Aug 23, 2021
Ypp must win soludo is good but we don't need him
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by 33komkom(m): 4:57am On Aug 23, 2021
Very good
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by OBALOLA55(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2021
Rugaria:
Lol
This restless man.
OGA REST, WE DON’T WANT BUHARI’S BOYS IN ANAMBRA AGAIN angry

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by tk4rd: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2021
Lalasticlala,
Seun
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2021
You only challenge your mate to debate. Is Soludo your intellectual mate?

27 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by tishbite41(m): 7:19am On Aug 23, 2021
He might be right but challenging Soludo to a debate is suicidal!

22 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by ekesol: 7:19am On Aug 23, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:

SORUCE:

You can not pilot the affair of a model state with primary school certificate. Prof. Solido has said it now oooo.
Ndi Anambra this is 21st century don't elect a leader that will take you back to stone age
Ndewo

20 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by kcmichael: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2021
Anambra election result
Apc = 209,555
Apga =190,506
Ypp=90,447
Accord =70 690
Pdp=69,549

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by olacio: 8:09am On Aug 23, 2021
Hypocrisy Everywhere, Will this ifeanyi Uba employ people without university/Polytechnic degree in his capital oil.

It is people like them that will even set 1st class and distinction as minimum requirement.

Even Gatrman and Drivers he will request minimum OND, yet he's furious about Soludo statement.

As much as degree certificate does not define our intelligence and ability, it is a trend our society has decided to follow and him as Senator never saw anything wrong with it until now.

Las las all of us dey catch cruise for this country

18 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Powerexpert: 8:19am On Aug 23, 2021
Debate you ask and debate you shall get but in thine debating, lies and truth are spilled for the audience adoration.

Leave debate, let us see your plan and be ready to sign a binding document that should you fail, you waive immunity and be ready for legal battle.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by slimghost(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2021
Igbo kwuru si na-atuo ilu nkirika nkata agadi Achiri uche na aka.
Nobody called his name but he is here ventilating

20 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by JavaScript90: 8:29am On Aug 23, 2021
Soludo as a technocrat is the next governor of anambra state. Ubah should deal with this fact with tears and gnashing of teeth

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Idiko1: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2021
slimghost:

The statement accredited to Mazi Soludo, if it is true statement, is a bone-headed stream of thought. Nigeria has university graduates who cannot write to save their lives.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by tchaik(m): 9:13am On Aug 23, 2021
slimghost:

Interpretation.

"Whenever dry bones are mentioned, old women become jittery"

grin

10 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Ubah Challenges Soludo To A Public Debate On Anambra Election by Madmohamed1: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2021
ekesol:

You can not pilot the affair of a model state with primary school certificate. Prof. Solido has said it now oooo.
Ndi Anambra this is 21st century don't elect a leader that will take you back to stone age
Ndewo
I know soludo can never be a Fulani slave Anambra will kick him out

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DAWN Commission Convenes Meeting With SW Agric Commissioners On Food Security / Masari: I Will Never Negotiate With Terrorists Again / ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.