Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,403 members, 7,781,161 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:05 AM

Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 (6836 Views)

Buhari Moves To Get The CJN Out Of Office Before The Election Dead Or Alive / Buhari May Not Extend Ig’s Tenure Despite Pressure / Buhari's Resignation: Secondus Not Capable Of Original Thinking - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Nemere2020: 8:46am On Aug 23, 2021
Despite sustained pressure to step aside, the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus will not leave office before the end of the tenure of the National Working Committee (NWC) in December.

Investigation revealed that the party boss is working on the premise that the NWC tenure is sacrosanct and cannot be shortened unless dissolved by the national convention through a motion.

Top sources at the main opposition party affirmed that the bringing forward of the national convention by party stakeholders under the leadership of its Board of Trustees (BoT) is immaterial because even if the exercise is held and Secondus and his NWC voted out, they will remain in office till the date of the expiration of their term.

“Tenure is four years. Four years is due to end on December 9.Hhow are you going to abridge it? Even if we do convention tomorrow, you can only handover to people who are coming on December 10. That’s the truth, except the convention now says the National Working Committee now stands dissolved, which will come via a motion,” the source volunteered.

“We have been having conventions. You cannot leave a vacuum. So, you must actually do the convention ahead of the new people that are coming in,” the party source added.

The Nigerian Tribune also gathered that contrary to widespread belief, Prince Secondus is therefore not seeking to postpone the date of the national convention from September or November as directed by the stakeholders because it will not affect his tenure.

“Even if the NEC (National Working Committee) says the convention is today, how does it remove the fact that the tenure of the people who have been elected into office will last till a particular date? it is a constitutional issue.

“Except the convention will now hold and say the life of the National Working Committee will end on the day of the convention,” a member of the NWC of the party told the Nigerian Tribune.

The source hinted that any attempt to shorten the tenure of the NWC can lead to unnecessary litigations in court, which the party will want to avoid.

“If they do that people will go to court. So, they have to be very careful. It doesn’t really matter when the convention is conducted, transfer of power must go with the day of the election.

“It doesn’t matter whether the date of convention is August, whether its September, October or November. The life of the National Working Committee will end on December 9. The new National Working Committee will come in on December 10,” the source further stated.

Findings also revealed that the present consultations by Secondus with leaders across the country are not about the PDP politics per se but centre principally on the worrying state of the nation.

A source close to the office of the party boss affirmed that Secondus is worried that despite the country appearing to be spiraling into abyss, leaders are quiet.

The PDP National Chairman has recently met with former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida and former President Olusegun Obasanjo in their residences in Minna, Niger State and Abeokuta, Ogun state, respectively.

“I think the concern is about the way Nigeria is bleeding. Ho be honest with you, the country is failing and it appears that the elders are quiet, they are silent. It calls for a lot of concern. I don’t think it is really political. Obasanjo, for instance is no longer a member of the PDP.

“Concerning the party, I don’t think there is so much issue there after the intervention of the elders and governors. I think what is just left is to return to that same committee and show them the timelines of INEC and what the party needs to do.

“I don’t think his visit has too much to do with the national convention. The national convention will come. It is natural.

“I read today Obasanjo talking about debts. Honestly, things are down, things are just too bad. I’m not even sure Nigerians know what they are confronted with and the government looks helpless.

“Even if we are talking about power will shift, what they (new rulers) will meet, how are they going to rescue it? And this insecurity matter is of a major concern. And for the president (Muhammadu Buhari) to have come out and say Africa is trhe next focus of terrorism, it sends a terrible signal.

“So, the elders of the country, statesmen themselves who have access to the man, they need to go and counsel him because it looks like we are just on autopilot and we are diving into an abyss and nobody is doing anything,” the source affirmed.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/despite-pressure-secondus-not-leaving-office-before-december-10/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by yanabasee2: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2021
Ok...
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by contigiency(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2021
He will remain just to continue coming second.

1 Like

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by tuborg: 9:42am On Aug 23, 2021
Okay
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Gbongwon1(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2021
Make pdp go sit down for gutters abeg.
A national party that has been in existence for over 20 years can not put their acts together

Disclaimer: you're hereby advised not the read or click on my signature intentionally tongue

1 Like

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by arthurwillia(m): 9:42am On Aug 23, 2021
Na wa o
Secondus comot make we see road, make way for our Oga wike
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by slawormiir: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by 9jayes: 9:43am On Aug 23, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Notoright with Wike
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Ikpeyi: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2021
Wahala for PDP

Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba for 2023...
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by tony0806: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by falseprophet: 9:46am On Aug 23, 2021
Bamanga Tukur, Ali Modu Sheriff, Secondus....

Same ol same ol

This I have seen!

1 Like

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by sanpipita(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2021
I don't understand why Nigerian politicians prefer ambush style of politics, if secondus ends his tenure who will die? that's they keep destroying everything with their selfish interests.

Look at APC today, since last they have no substantive chairman, I wonder why anyone will be trying to force secondus out when his tenure ends in few months

1 Like

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Tigiry: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Boxhup: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2021
Really
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Terrence98: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2021
Someone is occupying the highest position he can occupy in his life and you think he will voluntarily leave?
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by bolaayenimo: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2021
but no second term for him
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Ancecoker(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2021
grin
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by meshulemo: 9:50am On Aug 23, 2021
Were no won leave seat.. cheesy
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Faber(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2021
Ok...See the game plan

APC will give Tinubu the Ticket to please the West...they will tell their people to vote Atiku their own to retain the Presidency in the North.

APC Northern Cabals will come out and claim they conducted a free and fair Election. West will cry fowl play. North will laugh at them and begin decamping back to PDP.

Atiku/Wike is una president/vice come 2023.

This Yusuf Buhari wedding show all man say there are two classes in Nigeria. The Politicians and the rest of us. Don't mind the Politicians especially those of them up North, they are one.

1 Like

Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Antoeni(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2021
PDP is a house that is divided against itself
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Finnese001: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2021
The game plan was for him to forfeit his second term aspiration
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by Jaririseun: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2021
j
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by OjReloaded(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm...

Check my siggy smiley
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by KnowledgeVault: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2021
Okay

Did You Know?..

The sun isn't yellow, it's white. We see it as a particular color because of the light that's able to pass through the atomsphere. Most photos of the sun have been altered to be the color that we are used to seeing, but in space it's just white.
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by NumberGAS: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2021
grin
Re: Despite Pressure, Secondus Not Leaving Office Before December 10 by burberry7: 9:58am On Aug 23, 2021
Okay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu The Terrorist Finally Allowed To Wear Isi Agu Today - PHOTOS / Police Inspector Shot Dead By Patrol Team-turning The Gun On Themselves! / Boko Haram’s Expiry Date By Pius Adesanmi *Very Funny Article About ABATI & BEAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.