Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market (6373 Views)

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt / Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt / The Secret To Succeeding In An Ielts Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market by VoltageDivida(m): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2021
Istan2020:
Send me a DM if you're in Lagos
I have emailed you sir. Please respond
Re: The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market by Gfskw: 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
Hmmm
Re: The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market by Istan2020: 8:01pm On Aug 23, 2021
VoltageDivida:

I have emailed you sir. Please respond
Okay
Re: The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market by yemi1504: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
livebyday:
[s][/s]

Total jargon

Just have connection. No one cares how presentable your CV is if you have connection.

If you like use crayon and scribble your CV on toilet paper with connection (! Nigeria the job is yours .

I know people who didn't write their CV themselves because they don't even know how to create a CV ... Someone wrote it for them and submitted it with the right complimentary card attached ..

Calls were made behind the scene and the job was given to him in his house while he was playing video games...

Nigeria your resume is irrelevant, your interview question answering skills is pointless. Just have connection

You can say that again! It is who you know that gets you the job especially the plum jobs and Federal Civil service jobs.
Re: The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market by ReventifyCV: 11:58am On Aug 24, 2021
You are right. Please follow @reventifyinc on Instagram, Job alerts will be dropped there as time passes.
VoltageDivida:
I like the way you emphasized on the importance of connections.

The whole writeup can be summarized to saying, find a way to know the hiring manager, directly or by connect.
That's what's hindering some of us from getting jobs.

I am an Electrical and Electronics Engineering graduate. I have experience in solar power systems, electrical installations, electronics and computer systems repairs.

Please help me get a job. God bless you as you do. Amen!
Re: The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market by ReventifyCV: 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2021
Exactly, there are so many soft skills out there that one can learn. We have an entire article dedicated to that
Angelawhite:
First is adding value to yourself. A lot of people think graduating with a 2:1 or first class is enough to land you a job. Lol. Employers don wise. Employers want skills - proven skills. How much have you got ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

U-connect Text Message / Free Advisory And Recharge Cards For Job Seekers And Students (Sallah Special) / Bank's Test Format.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.