Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? (1563 Views)

Why Babies Come At Night / How Do You Tell A Child Where Babies Come From? / What Lies Did Your Parents tell You About Were The Babies Come From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by modeM: 9:46am On May 20, 2011
Is it true first babies come late? Any advice on how to stimulate natural delivery when baby is gone overdue?
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by Blazay(m): 2:12pm On May 20, 2011
Please contact you 'GYN' for the best birthing process.
My plan may not be yours.

No. Not all first babies come later than 40 weeks.
Ever heard of the term preterm labor or preterm delivery?
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by ifyalways(f): 5:48pm On May 20, 2011
Do people take nld so serious for real that they wud rather ask Nlders such sensitive questions as oppossed to talking with their doctor
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by dominique(f): 10:16pm On May 20, 2011
in most cases (that i know of), they actually come earlier than due date.
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by Nekai(f): 8:20pm On May 21, 2011
Sex! grin
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by Outstrip(f): 9:34pm On May 21, 2011
I first came 1 week early
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by blank(f): 10:07pm On May 21, 2011
My baby came out almost 6 weeks early but was not premature. I think its different 4 each mum. If ur baby is dilly-dallying, I advise u 2 av plenty sex, exercise a lot and stress urself a lot. That was what I did unintentionally.

However, I think u should go to ur doctor and ask 4 labour 2 be induced. Don't wait 4 42weeks cos d longer he stays in d womb, d more likely he may swallow stuff that will choke him.
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by DadLolade(m): 11:38pm On May 26, 2011
My Wife had our first baby delivered on Wk 41.
Although the baby was Breech.

@ModeM
On Stimulating Natural Delivery:
1. Having a long Walk
2. Nipple simulation
3.Sex after week 38. The Semen (Sperm) contains "PROSTAGLADINS" which helps in stimulating Labour contractions and delivery when due.

But, See your Doctor for further Advice.

Let me chip in this.

[b]RATING BABY’S HEALTH AT BIRTH using Apgar Test Method

Shortly after delivery your baby's healthcare team will conduct what is called an Apgar test. This test is often something new parents obsess about, so it is worth covering briefly.

The Apgar test is nothing more than a measure of your baby's overall health and well being shortly after delivery. This score may help your doctor evaluate your baby's health some time after delivery or make important decisions regarding your baby's care immediately after delivery.

The Apgar evaluations are given twice, once a minute after birth and again after five minutes have passed. Here are some items your healthcare provider looks for when scoring:
• The color of your baby's skin (Pink or bluish for example).
• The rate of respiration of your baby.
• Your baby's heart rate.
• Your newborn baby's muscle tone and reflexes.
• Your baby's overall reflexes.
The one minute test can give your doctors some idea of how well your baby faired during delivery. The next test is a sign of how well your baby is adapting to life outside the womb. A low score does not necessarily mean something is wrong with your baby, but may mean that your baby should be observed for a short period of time or may need additional tests to ensure that your newborn baby is doing well after delivery.

Your baby's score is based on several parameters. Here are some guidelines for determining your baby's Apgar:
• Color - Pink babies are generally assigned a total score of 2 points, while 1 point is assigned babies close to pink and 0 assigned to babies that are blue or pale.

• Respiration - Your baby is assigned 2 points if she comes out crying strongly, 1 point if your baby is crying but weakly and 0 points if your baby is not crying at all.

• Heart Rate - Your baby is assigned 2 points if her heart rate is more than 100 beats every minutes, 1 point if her heartbeat is under 100 beats each minute and 0 points for no heartbeat.

• Muscle Tone - Your baby is assigned 2 points if moving about vigorously, 1 point if your baby is flexing her limbs gently and 0 points if she remains still.

• Reflexes - During the reflex test your baby will get 2 points for crying during the test, 1 point if your baby fusses briefly and 0 points if she remains silent during her exam.
[/b]

Most babies will receive a score ranging from 8 to 10 meaning your baby is in good shape.
Re: Is It True First Babies Come Later Than 40 Wks? by MrsSiena1(f): 2:19pm On May 27, 2011
No not really most first babies comes before 40weeks.

My baby came 2 weeks after the expected delivery date and believe I tried everything but it didnt work. Lol. And just when we were waiting for me to be induced the doctor made a decision to rush me to the theatre for CS cos she had her cord wrapped round her legs and the more she pulled the more she cut off the supply of blood.

So babies are different

(1) (Reply)

What Did You Think Of Your Inlaws When You First Met Them? Was First Impression Right? / What Will You Do If Your Younger Brother Humiates You This Way In Public? / How Much Is NEPA BILL In Your Area??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.