Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms (6220 Views)

Revalidation Of Tinted Permit, Firearms Licence Begins Today / See The Job Borno State Governor Appointed 5 People To Carry Out(Pictured) / Jega Working With North To Install Buhari - Edwin Clark & Alex Akueme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Jeezy: 12:21am On May 22, 2011
This isn't even worth commenting on. How did this end up on the home page undecided
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Nobody: 12:53am On May 22, 2011
amebo mebo! and it made the front page!! wow!!!
anyway, i'm concerned about the level of hate most people on this site carry.always using the slightest (mis)oppurtunity to spit gabbage.suckers most of them.
@ op, good job! for being to provoke zombies.i hail!
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by marabout(m): 1:54am On May 22, 2011
So we don't have enough armed robbers yet?

Why not let people serve within their geopolitical region if they cannot scrap the service?

If somebody from Sokoto is hacked to death in Zamfara, then such is life.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by jujube(m): 3:14am On May 22, 2011
who are this mumu"s that is bringing topics like this. kai. this will not only bring war in the country but another method bringing or legalizing the sale of arms in the country.Northern copers go get mouth chie.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by vaLasce(m): 4:01am On May 22, 2011
no b only firearms,
na catapault!
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by joecrack(m): 4:15am On May 22, 2011
@moderators
how do posts like this see the light of day on NL,i'm really wondering what u guys are moderating,cuz dis site has turned into some lame sensational clueless story gossip site.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by BB013(m): 5:31am On May 22, 2011
@op
Don't think this is d U.S where they delibrated a high school student in a particular state be allowed the possession of a pistol. To be frank if I should be given 1 I'll shoot you first. grin grin
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Jenifa1: 5:34am On May 22, 2011
ok now whose foolish idea is this? why are our policy makers so dumb

why not just keep the corpers down south? I thought corpers go to the north to improve social and economic condition. since when did the govt start sending them to fight war agaisnt boko haram?
please what are the corpers going to do in northern public schools with guns in their hands?

youth corper or youth army? what are they?
shouldn't protection be the job of security officers and policemen?
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by eghost247(m): 5:57am On May 22, 2011
this is not a solution
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Bensonite: 7:47am On May 22, 2011
~Bluetooth:

How is this laudable ? Every corpers carry is to carry guns and you think you it's a good idea ? shocked shocked

I am only joking guy take it easy! NL is not real you know otherwise how can somebody just post something from him hea, d and we start commenting. If you laugh with a mad man, you may as well be thought to be mad. So no one should have commented.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Nobody: 7:54am On May 22, 2011
Bensonite:

I am only joking guy take it easy! NL is not real you know otherwise how can somebody just post something from him hea, d and we start commenting. If you laugh with a mad man, you may as well be thought to be mad. So no one should have commented.

Anyhow nothing do you but you may never know when our useless senators will start debating such rubbish.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2011
I go like am so that when it is time for me to serve I will request for Ak 47 lol
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by jmaine: 10:14am On May 22, 2011
[size=16pt]The Corp Members will simply use it to kill themselves as against the supposed threat from supposed extremist . . .The rise of Post University cult clashes will be heralded and off course armed robbery will be the order of the day[/size]
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by afrika(f): 10:30am On May 22, 2011
that would be the most stupidest idea ever. the best thing to do, is scrap the scheme or make it in such a way that people serve within their zone.

if u are a yoruba guy, from oyo, u can serve in ekiti, ogun,osun,lagos,and other neighbourin yoruba towns. if u are from d north, u can serve in borno, bauchi, sokoto, taraba kano etc after all, most of us have not finish touring round our zones talkless of taking some innocent citizens to bauchi to count cpc,pdp,pap,acn,acorn,etc tickets.

now, places like abuja, port harcourt, lagos would be on merit.
the pain is that, it is only from other tribes, that u see our girls and boys husslin to serve anywhere. but the hausa man wouldnt want dir girls to serve in the south south or south east. pregnant or married girls from SW,SS and SE even come to the north to serve all in d name of " there is gold hia"
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by mansmith(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2011
let's give them bombs as well?
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by playmode(m): 12:13pm On May 22, 2011
I know this is a scary idea especially for Nigerians who have a phobia for guns.Guns don't kill people ,humans kill people.That being said ,i dont think it is the best solution for the NYSC.They can set up a special protection unit within the NYSC . Members of this unit will guard Nysc corps members when they are on duty.Let say 5 Guards to protects 50 NySc corp member,if they are armed with an Ak47 each and properly trained ,they can easily silence a group of 100 murderers on rampage.

If they do decide to go ahead and arm the Nysc members ,then they have to do a psychological assessment of each NYSC corp member that will be issued a gun.This is to prevent some jumpy or trigger happy dude  from having a gun and letting off fire without due provocation.Self control is very important when you have a gun ,it can save your life or ruin it in a jiffy.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by SUPASTAR: 1:22pm On May 22, 2011
Corp members are paramilitary
If they had allowed them to be armed if not for any oda thing, for self defense, I believe they wouldnt have been arrased and assaulted to the extent of murdering them like a cow taken to the slaughter slab by the Animal , so called Northerners shocked shocked shocked
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by adebio: 2:04pm On May 22, 2011
This is just a mere speculation. How can dis happens? I am very sure if dis is thrown to public domain many people wil not subscribe to it. How can they? If corp members are allow to carry gun that means d purpose of establishing them is outrightly defeated. If they allow them to carry gun, it means other ppl from other region who are not northern origin wil be given d same priority to defend themselves by carrying gun. If UNITY is key to d establishment of NYSC, they should not be allow to use gun.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 22, 2011
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Musiwa13: 5:47pm On May 22, 2011
b
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 22, 2011
All u fo*ols, instead of you to come out and rally 4 a breakup, you are here commenting on useless issues. Where are all the idio*ts at the yaradua should resign protest? Please wake up!
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by tlops(m): 6:50pm On May 22, 2011
Not a good idea for Nigeria, In Switzerland

stipulates that the soldiers keep their own personal equipment, including all personal weapons, at home. Compulsory military service concerns all male Swiss citizens, with women serving voluntarily. They usually receive initial training orders at the age of 18 for military conscription. About two-thirds of young Swiss men are found suitable for service, while alternative service exists for those found unsuitable

but this has also led to high rate gun suicide among youth in the country.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by vislabraye(m): 7:10pm On May 22, 2011
That would be foolish to start with. And who says the corpers wont abuse it? When they finish service would tbey hand over their fire arms
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 22, 2011
@outstrip, some corpers and graduating folks still want it oh. U fuwadu enuf for free in the service.Service any f.uc.kers and trainers.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by ronia(f): 8:46pm On May 22, 2011
No need of even saying corpers should carry gone because alot dont how how to use the gun.i think everybody should be posted to his or her state.so that people will not keep dying of what they know nothing of.Or rather corpers should not be sent to the not again.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by earlalright(m): 10:38pm On May 22, 2011
since the government and their host communities cannot i think a 16round pumpie won't be bad if they must go to the northern states or better still that machine that goes with a long chain of bullet
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by MOORCHMOORE(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2011
Blasphemy!!!

False!!!

Asi!!!
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by 702: 10:44am On May 23, 2011
@OP: that wud be so cool, wud love to serve my country again cuz i av gt unfinished business! grin
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by blank(f): 12:23pm On May 23, 2011
Its funny cos during my parents time, dey had real guns at their orientation camp. They had to carry live guns DAT were very heavy during the endurance trek. Don't think they will av enough guns to go round now.
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by kelvin(m): 4:25pm On May 23, 2011
The NYSC was originally created to foster unity among the various tribes of the country, and serve as a means of creating understanding and tolerance among Nigerians, irrespective of the language or religion. Obviously, the program has failed. Instead of uniting, it is tearing asunder and creating the false impression that Nigerians are not capable of living together PEACEFULLY. The program should be scrapped, period. When talk of arming corps members (who are supposed to be at peace with their host communities) arises, joke or not, it only serves to demonstrate the level of failure of the program. angry
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Koolking(m): 4:58pm On May 23, 2011
Ridiculous ehn!

However, it is a sort of empowerment to majority of corpers to be self-employed afterall no job after completing the service.

Applause to good government!
Re: Corps Members Drafted For The North To Carry Firearms by Pennywise(m): 5:10pm On May 23, 2011
In addition to all that has been said, corp members will become automatic target to local criminals for their arms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Recommend Oteh’s Sack, Say Her Appointment Is Illegal / Has GEJ Really Constructed 25,000km Of Roads? / Ebonyi Has Lowest Crime Rate In Zone 6 – AIG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.