Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano (3999 Views)

Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days / ABU Professor Proved Buhari Victory Mathematically.(long Post But Interesting) / Nude Photos Of UNILAG English Professor Who Molests Female Students Leaked! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Akporo1234: 10:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Update from

Professor Aminu Mohammed Dorayi is a renowned educationist and adventurer that drove from London to Kano with his car.

The elder statesman is a Record-breaker, who broke a world record by driving his Peugeot 504 over a distance of about 4,000miles, in 24 days.

Prof Dorayi is a distinguished Abusite (Ahmadu Bello University) and respected professor of Chemistry.

He doubled as a former president of the ABU Student Union Government (SUG) for 1966/1967. Dorayi set up the Sharada Industrial Estate in Kano. He is also the first to organize trade fair in Nigeria.

He is called The Adventurous Chemist because of his passion for adventure. While in the UK, his journey was Inspired by several adventure books he had read. For instance, he read about the Marcopolos, the Mungo Parks, these adventurous stories fascinated him.

Dorayi, therefore proceded to make a record-breaking trip by driving his Peugeot 504 over a distance of about 4,000miles in 24 days.

According to the elder statesman to [url][/url], “England is an Island. So when you reach Southampton you have to take a boat, you and your car, to Calais, France. I drove through Paris and so on through Madrid, Gibraltar. So when you reach Gibraltar, you reach the Mediterranean Sea, where you also take a ferry to Algeria.

From there you enter the road all through, though there is no road, in the desert, you’re guided by your compass, your map.”

Speaking further on the trip, Prof disclosed that ”I became very keen during my PhD in the US. I had a Volkswagen which I bought for about 600 dollars at that time. I used it to drive across the desert over there.”

He added that he is highly adventurous, that is why even his autobiography is titled, The Adventurous Chemist.

Dorayi disclosed that as he bought the Peugeot 504 for 1000 pounds and hit the road immediately.

He said, ”I was assisted by the British Automobile Association (AA). They gave me the guidelines, the map, the route. They told me what to do in crossing the desert, and what not to do. So, I was quite prepared.

Speaking of his preparedness, Doriya said, ”Since I went to secondary technical school, I was technically inclined and I could service my car. I came from a technical background. Going back to Zango in Kano and hanging out with friends, they taught me confidence. So this thing has been in me for years. I enjoyed reading about trans-Sahara.”

In his encounter, Doriya noted that ”There was a place I passed in Algeria, and the day I arrived, it was raining heavily. Little children of 13 years and below were running helter-skelter and crying. When I asked the elders why they said those children had never seen rain before. No rain for 14 years, so they thought heaven was falling. They had to be counselled by their elders.”

https:///see-abu-professor-who-drove-504-car-from-london-to-kano-in-24-days/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by richeeyo(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
Make e try am in today's jihadist play ground called desert

15 Likes

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Treasure17(m): 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
What an adventurist! Great stuff.

10 Likes

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by illicit(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2021
I like adventure too

4 Likes

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by taiwotimitt: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
cool
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Akporo1234: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
Woawuu
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by jaeyking(m): 12:13am On Aug 24, 2021
Wow.
So road link London to Kano.

Time for me to hit the road grin

25 Likes

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by vickydankal(f): 3:50am On Aug 24, 2021
I don't want to start thinking about the link between nigeria and UK, but to drive the 4000 miles in 24 days just reminded me of the man that walked for buhari.

7 Likes

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by DenreleDave(m): 5:51am On Aug 24, 2021
grin

Cud this be through?
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by x123xlolls(m): 5:52am On Aug 24, 2021
Great man of Kano
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by JOACHINpedro: 6:11am On Aug 24, 2021
This was my dad's favorite official car back in the days.
He was my hero while on steering, each time his boss wasn't around, he would take us for a cool ride, that's why mom would always want him to drive her during Christmas.
Dad is an asphalt veteran kiss

11 Likes

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by adefemi007(m): 6:44am On Aug 24, 2021
Umm
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by luxs(m): 6:52am On Aug 24, 2021
That was then,try it now as a "NIGERIAN,
U won"t live to tell d story

1 Like

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by beauty7: 7:01am On Aug 24, 2021
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Gadafii: 7:06am On Aug 24, 2021
richeeyo:
Make e try am in today's jihadist play ground called desert
make he even try am for Lagos-ibadan-akure-okene-lokoja experess way, ma pantami boys go abduct am grin

1 Like

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Siggynigeria: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2021
jaeyking:
Wow.
So road link London to Kano.

Time for me to hit the road grin

That kin thing. Na to dey move oooo
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Siggynigeria: 8:03am On Aug 24, 2021
grin grin
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by talk2hb1(m): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2021
Mungo Park
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Generalwoodz(m): 8:57am On Aug 24, 2021
The good old days... Welcome to Nigeria where the past is better than the future.
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by ogkrakkid(m): 9:35am On Aug 24, 2021
Woow. Wat an adventurer. A great man indeed. sad
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by TripleAkutigi: 9:45am On Aug 24, 2021
I nvr hie anythin abt fuel finish nd wer he soak a fuel oo.
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by spy24(m): 9:50am On Aug 24, 2021
That was then when there was contentment

Now over ambition don dey kill the world
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Siggynigeria: 10:31am On Aug 24, 2021
It's just a pity.
Generalwoodz:
The good old days... Welcome to Nigeria where the past is better than the future.
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 24, 2021
Back then, things were easy and security was OK.. It was an Era whereby love still partially exist.. Nowadays, make I no even talk
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by TalkTalkTwins(m): 10:46am On Aug 24, 2021
wow
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
YU CALL ONLY TRY THIS IN 1930 NOT TODAY. undecided
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Sonsly041(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Abusite the greatest
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Harrykn: 1:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
Who knows this route??
Help a brother. Bicycle is 20k
Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by Kiddogarcia(m): 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2021
They thought heaven was talking, that line is sweet,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho

1 Like

Re: See ABU Professor Who Drove 504 Car From London To Kano by muller101(m): 6:42pm On Aug 24, 2021
Very true.

(1) (2) (Reply)

To All Federal Institution Students; What You Want To Know About "Remita" / Is This True About UNIBEN? (pic) / Is FG Surprising Us In This Hard Times With Our I.T(SIWES) Allowee? (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.