Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:58 PM

Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration (10438 Views)

PIA: When 3% Is Greater Than 30% / Oyo Farmers Returning To Communities Seized By Iskiku Wakili / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by nairalandankrah: 5:53pm On Aug 24, 2021
Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mele Kyari, says the 3% operating expense allocated to host communities in the recently assented Petroleum Industry Act 2021 is more than the 30% profit share for oil exploration in the entire north

The NNPC GMD stated this on Tuesday when he featured as a guest on NTA’s ‘Good Morning Nigeria’ breakfast show monitored by The PUNCH.

He also said the Host Communities Fund would be within the control of the host communities, and would not be managed by the NNPC.

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had signed the Petroleum Industry Bill 2021 into law last week Monday, ending about 20 years of legislative stalemate of the bill. Now known as the PIA, the legislation would regulate all aspects of the oil sector.

By assenting to the bill, the President approved at least 30 per cent of the profit to be generated by the proposed Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited to go to the exploration of oil in ‘ the north basins according to Section 9 of the PIB.

The nothern basins include Chad Basin, Gongola Basin, Sokoto Basin, Dahomey Basin, Bida Basin, Benue Basin, amongst others.

At the moment, crude oil is obtained from eight states in the Niger Delta region which include: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers States.

The 19 northern state governments had in 2016 intensified their search for oil and gas in the region with the appointment of a British firm to carry out the exploration activities which was sequel to Buhari’s directive to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to increase the tempo of the crude oil find in the North-East.

With the presidential assent to the PIB, the oil exploration move of the 19 northern governors had received a huge boost.

However, the Pan Niger Delta Forum had lambasted the President for assenting to the PIB without the amendment of some controversial sections, adding that the move was a way to siphon oil money from Southern Nigeria to the North.

The group described as outrageous and fraudulent, the allocation of 30 per cent for the exploration of oil in the nothern basins, noting that oil business is a private affair and that investors should use their resources in the search for oil anywhere in the country.
https://punchng.com/3-to-host-communities-more-than-30-profit-share-for-oil-exploration-in-sokoto-others-kyari/

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Muchmore024: 5:54pm On Aug 24, 2021
Nobi una fault

19 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by 9japride(m): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
We the south south groups should say something about this?

5 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by mcbreeze: 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2021
Insult upon insult.
Ndị our oil, shee, Una no get mouth again.

When you keep fighting your neighbors for an unnecessary stuff. You can't fight for your right, you can't fight for self determination, resources control you can't even get any but will be everly ready to fight your neighbor who is fight for his freedom.

No be JuJu be that.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by BKayy: 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
So called Niger Deltans una hear am?
Since una allow Ijaw people that are not Indigenous to any place in Nigeria deceive una, on behalf of all reasonable people worldwide I'll say "Una deserve am"

Imagine Ijaw that the British brought here with them all the way from Ashanti Ghana and Sierra leone deceived most you to believe that 3% under Nigeria is better than 50% under Eastern Region.
Oh most of you don't know that oil producing towns not even LG or state used to collect 50% cut from Eastern Region until 1967 immediately the oil producing parts fell to Nigerian hands. Use your Google

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by buckeyemedia: 6:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:
Since una allow Ijaw people that are not Indigenous to any place in Nigeria deceive una, on behalf of all reasonable people worldwide I'll say "Una deserve am"

Imagine Ijaw that the British brought here with them all the way from Ashanti Ghana and Sierra leone deceived most you to believe that 3% under Nigeria is better than 50% under Eastern Region.
Oh most of you don't know that oil producing towns not even LG or state used to collect 50% cut from Eastern Region until 1967 immediately the oil producing parts fell to Nigerian hands. Use your Google
Animals fighting over nothing, 3%, 30%, go & add value ie build refineries, every time so so it is our oil? Go & attract investors, create hospitality & infrastructure, They will blame President Buhari for not building it for them? Even barely 20 years now, all the major oil companies ran away from the creeks & came to Lagos to establish their Headquarters.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by buckeyemedia: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2021
BKayy:

Nothing has changed mr man States & Local Government keep up to 85% of what they make, please do not confuse palm oil with crude oil? We know the British coined the Rivers & tributaries Of The Niger Delta The Oil Rivers, Palm oil is agriculture, State & Local Government jurisdiction, Crude oil falls under natural resources which is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Federal Government,

To the best of my knowledge, there is not a single country in Africa were the natural resources is not controlled by the state, states that produce oil in Nigeria get an extra 13%, not forgetting funding for the oil development commission ie NDDC. Please stop pleading to people to accompany you on your suicide journey.

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by hisgrace090: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
Meaning that the little 3% is a favour to them?

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by buckeyemedia: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
hisgrace090:
Meaning that the little 3% is a favour to them?
3% from all the oil companies operating in the region? Only lazy people will complain, because they are retrogressive thinkers, they have no value to add.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Rugaria: 6:57pm On Aug 24, 2021
They now don't care.
Taunts and insults..
I Know it will come to this..
That's what happens when you refuse to push back .
Folks will rather fight IPOB that push off a very ruthlessly parasitic fulani regime..
That's how we got here

25 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by buckeyemedia: 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2021
Rugaria:
They now don't care.
Taunts and insults..
I Know it will come to this..
That's what happens when you refuse to push back .
Folks will rather fight IPOB that push off a very ruthlessly parasitic fulani regime..
That's how we got here
Too much money invested, can’t leave my property for another person (So called Fulani) to benefit, only cowards run from their country. The Federal Government of Nigeria has invested well over $80 billion dollars East of The River Niger, who will allow you take that, which your property? The sooner you leave Nigeria to actualize your utopia Biafra in a foreign land, the better for you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Staccato001: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2021
I'm sure you wouldn't have said this if you were on the other side of the divide too.

People pass bulk easily when they aren't directly affected negatively. Several years of degradation and environmental pollution coupled with abandonment, the region deserve bigger share and not paltry of what's eating up their region into gradual decadence.

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by AntiBMC(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2021
Where's PANDEF abi what's their name, that came out to attack Igbos because of small Edwin Clarke talk? Have they suddenly gone blind and deaf? Mvmu people.
Once it's Igbos, they spring up like giant vampire bats, calling for blood.

See how Fulani is sucking you pple dry like an almost finished ribena juice box, and even adding insult ontop. Now, you pple are no where to be found. I wonder, if it's because you people eat too much fish, it's affecting how you all reason. Where una go show liver, una no go show.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2021
Edwin clark, asari dokubo,nyeson wike how market?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by JovialJune(f): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
Una don hear am, ndi south south, if you can't speak against this daylight robbery no one will do that for you.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by lokoloko84(m): 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
Honestly, I wish this oil is in South east. The way these useless northerners are using insults on Niger Delta is irritating and annoying.
Those folks in that region are also docile, clueless and senseless as well.
I hate injustice.
Let the people in that region control their resources and do whatever they want to do with their lives but I know this nonsense will stop soon.

12 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by BKayy: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2021
lokoloko84:
Honestly, I wish this oil is in South east. The way these useless northerners are using insults on Niger Delta is irritating and annoying.
Those folks in that region are also docile, clueless and senseless as well.
I hate injustice.
Let the people in that region control their resources and do whatever they want to do with their lives but I know this nonsense will stop soon.
If it was in SE, by now we would have been returning from the 4th Biafran war

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by after4: 8:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
So they should build infrastructure with 3%, what happened to borno and other states that are collecting 30% in pretense of looking for oil that has never and will never be there? So you mean they should also clean up all the oil spill in their land which has messed up their environment, talking about pollution, they should build infrastructure on oil polluted lands? Is that what you are trying to say? And you using Africa as a yardstick for revenue allocation is just low, very low. It tells alot about your IQ, so what happened to Saudi, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, US, Iran don't they have oil? Is that how they do it in those countries? You want to use Africa that thinks like your cow master as a yardstick for anything good as a statndard?
No be your fault, Nah the Niger deltas wey be sey nah only ogogoro and kpomo dem sabi nah hem I blame. If e reach Igbo matter that pot belly go dey bring mouth, now dem don dey put hand for hem eye e don keep quiet like toad wey water swallow

buckeyemedia:
Animals fighting over nothing, 3%, 30%, go & add value ie build refineries, every time so so it is our oil? Go & attract investors, create hospitality & infrastructure, They will blame President Buhari for not building it for them? Even barely 20 years now, all the major oil companies ran away from the creeks & came to Lagos to establish their Headquarters.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by after4: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
Which useless 80bn and where e dey? The Niger bridge gej awarded or which one? How much be the refinery wey dem construct for Niger, or the rail wey dem borrow wey no pass SE, and should we clap for you that you built a fictitious 80bn imaginary contract with our money? Yes because till date the whole north do not add a dime to nigerian economy bot even Kano or kaduna that are the richest as they are all living on deficit so what exactly are you talking about. Nah the road wey un build abi Wetin exactly una do for SE?

buckeyemedia:
Too much money invested, can’t leave my property for another person (So called Fulani) to benefit, only cowards run from their country. The Federal Government of Nigeria has invested well over $80 billion dollars East of The River Niger, who will allow you take that, which your property? The sooner you leave Nigeria to actualize your utopia Biafra in a foreign land, the better for you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by naija4life247: 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
He has mental problems.

Bandits will soon come and teach him a lesson his generations unborn will never forget

5 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Rugaria: 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2021
buckeyemedia:

And You invested the socalled 80 billion dollars from receipts coming from your bountiful Cocoa proceeds and groundnut pyramids? Abi?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by ComrdDRS1: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2021
Our Oyel them...... Natural foolishness

7 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by poiZon: 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2021
mcbreeze:
Insult upon insult.
Ndị our oil, shee, Una no get mouth again.

When you keep fighting your neighbors for an unnecessary stuff. You can't fight for your right, you can't fight for self determination, resources control you can't even get any but will be everly ready to fight your neighbor who is fight for his freedom.

No be JuJu be that.
Abia and imo states na from which region sef, abeg remind me.

4 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by orisa37: 10:05pm On Aug 24, 2021
He is an Unreasonable KYARI. Does he know how Plcs and Limited COMPANIES OPERATE? He said NNPC will operate like limited COMPANIES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Obamaofusa: 10:12pm On Aug 24, 2021
lol
Is Buhari the owner?

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Sirjamo: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2021
Their Son was there for five years, he didn't think of giving them 1%, Buhari gave them 3% they're still complaining.

What exactly did Jonathan spent his five years doing?

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Yves4real(f): 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
I have read the article twice and still can't find where he made the statement credited to him.
Anyway, if the lawmakers from the south voted for the passage of the bill, then, I can't blame any northerner for making careless statements regarding the PIA.
One revenge against the lawmakers that saw its passage is for the electorates to unite and make sure they don't return to the National Assembly. If they seek re-election, vote against them.
I will vote against the senator and member of the House of representatives from my senatorial District and constituent respectively.
They can't continue to feed fat on bribes given to them to go against the electorates.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Investigative: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
from today I don’t want to hear anyone claims delta niger orniur oil people again,I don’t need noise from cowards

9 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Maxymilliano(m): 4:26am On Aug 25, 2021
That's why a lot of people fail Mathematics, pls tell him to give us the breakdown of the financial implications let's know how 3% is greater than 30%. Story for the Gods.

7 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by gambia(m): 4:41am On Aug 25, 2021
Its well with this country
Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Aidejay(m): 5:02am On Aug 25, 2021
So based on my understanding of the post

30% of the profits NNPC makes will be used to fund oil exploration in northern Nigeria.
When there is almajiri and poverty crisis
Food crisis,
Failure of security infrastructure,
Overpopulation and strain in existing infrastructure,
Homelessness, banditry, crime.
They want to use 30% of dwindling oil revenue profi to fund oil exploration. shocked

Wawu!!!

For those who haven't heard yet - https://www.nairaland.com/6717645/wizkids-made-lagos-hits-no
Re: Mele Kyari: 3% To Communities More Than 30% Share For Oil Exploration by Bcock3030(m): 5:07am On Aug 25, 2021
Our federal Character is dead

Meanwhile...
Our Award-winning HERBAL PENIS ENLARGEMENT organic OIL is the most advanced penis enlargement Product available worldwide. It's Developed with active ingredients with the sole purpose of giving you a permanent Bigger, THICKER, STRONGER, and longer penis without any form of side effect.

This is Revolutionary!!!

A Penis Solution That Gives You a Bigger, Thicker, Stronger, And Larger Penis. And Also Make you last 45 to 60min In Bed While maintaining and Healthy
Erection.

I personally call it the “penis Brain REMEDY”
Come and enjoy our % Discount.

Safe yourself from Bedroom embarrassment. Be that MACHINE man, Madam need better Stroke. Order and enjoy the good pleasure. You are just a phone call away from permanent Solution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asaba Massacre 1967 -- Newest Article / Rivers Polls: INEC Releases List Of Collated LGA Results / 2023: Osinbajo Should Accept APC Ticket If Party Rejects Tinubu - Hanga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.