Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR (70146 Views)

Former President Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Buhari Spotted In London / COVID-19 In Aso Rock: Infections Traced To Yusuf Buhari's Coronation As Talban / Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To Yusuf Bichi Magaji's Appointment As New DSS DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Realmi: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2021
I hope that guy will not be having brain touch
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by ATTAH012(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2021
Dis life enh,,,,,,,
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by YesBoss1(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2021
This story is misleading and quite unfortunate. The deceased doctor had a long history of depression and had attempted suicide twice as a medical student.
This has nothing to do with Yusuf Buhari or the management of Nisa premiere , but the Nigerian health sector at large that failed to care for his mental health.

4 Likes

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by obailala(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2021
This story get as e be. From the title, one would think the man's death had something to do with Yusuf Buhari.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Thermodynamics(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2021
thundafire:
Wetin concern Yusuf and the doc to commit suicide. See if u can't fight to overcome ur struggles and u believe killing ursef will solve it then u are wrong. I bet all those who committed suicide will be regretting it wherever they will be
Everybody has a tolerance limit, some are short, some are long, there is a limit every human can take, even you here claiming James Bond you too have a limit. I don't support suicide but I have no right to condemn anyone.
NEXT TIME IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY JUST SHUT UP, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE PASSING THROUGH IN THIS COUNTRY.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by J2381: 9:12am On Aug 25, 2021
So very unfortunate. I guess there's really no reward for good deeds nowadays.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by goodheart02(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2021
The whole thing still boils down to Buhari. Imagine a doctor earning 120K-150K amongst his needs and financial obligations, despite his commitment to saving lives and the sacrifices involved. That's to show u how bad the economy and Buhari led administration is to the health sector. Speaking from experience i know how tough it was for me to survive after graduation, despite i was a "so called" doctor in Nigeria. Every young doctor is writing exams to leave the country. And i can remember how many of my colleagues wrote those exams and some ended up depressed after several attempts. There are a lot of depressed and frustrated doctors in Nigeria today but many people don't know, and it reflects in the way they relate with patients and even junior colleagues. Those senior doctors acted under greed and frustration. Shame on the cow rearer in Aso Rock. And to those senior doctors frustrating the junior colleagues, i believe the system programmed them that way and they will never see good.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Imoobot(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2021
Since 2017, why is the news coming to front page by 2021?

I can not fit understand
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by witworth(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2021
E don tay wey ah don dey track Sahara reporter, na today d trap wey Dem set catch them for leg.
Rubbish report.
I don't like Nigerian government both past and present, but what's all these nonsense coming from sahara.
If Doctor kill himself, na wahala for d doctor head na.
From today, any sahara report wey ah don see their name on the headline, ah no go bother read am again, their cup don full, foolish people
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Itgeo: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:

I guess this should rather be captioned: "Yusuf Buhari: Dr.Obafemi's Ordeal and Tragedy of The Failed Nigerian Healthcare System." This is how the so called irresponsible consultants push younger doctors to difficult situations and unfortunately their untimely deaths.

See how this poor chap became the fallen guy because of their greed and wickedness.I guess this is one of the reason why the medical profession is so much bastardized that even the consultants themselves & junior colleagues are leaving this failed nation in droves to go overseas?

You need to see news report on the Saudi Arabia govt recruitment of Nigerian doctors @ Abuja ystdy to appreciate the rot of the system.Only NARD seems to be fighting well.The NMA and MDCN are useless.The govt should better see to his beleaguered family wellbeing because they got blood on their hands.Rest in peace young Doctor.

NMA and MDCN as u asserted are not entirely useless. They are both a kinda political associations, and that explains why you dont see them engage actively in strike. NARD is the foot soldiers with which they fight the govt
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by guiddoti: 9:14am On Aug 25, 2021
Mental health is real!
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by abc115: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2021

The source continued, “Seeing life was unfair to him, Dr Obafemi gathered money together to go and take PLAB (Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board test) in the UK with the mind of relocating abroad (mind you he graduated at 24 from the University of Ilorin, so he was very brilliant).

"The majority of the money he got was loan from the bank, to be paid back with interest - as his salary could barely feed and provide accommodation for him. Mind you, to take PLAB, you will need nothing less than N2.5 million, as at then, for the exams, flight and accommodation.” The source said Obafemi failed the examination and subsequently committed suicide.

Seun, why should this fake news be brought to Front Page
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by omojeesu(m): 9:17am On Aug 25, 2021
NMA leaders are mostly politicians seeking to advance their personal interests [Actually this self-centeredness applies to most Association and Union leaders e.g. NLC]

Note, however, that many times NMA leaders were once NARD leaders.

Many so-called 'senior colleagues' are wicked but they were once 'junior colleagues' complaining about how bad the senior ones were but become bad or worse when they too become senior.

It's not about post. It's about character ultimately.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by ThatFairGuy1: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2021
Sahara reporters is the most useless news reporter ever

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Semaj77(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2021
Vickym1:
This wicked regime has killed too many innocent souls... Thunder faya all that voted this wicked govt cry

What has this regime/Buhari got to do with the guy committing suicide

2 Likes

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by omojeesu(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2021
NMA leaders are mostly politicians seeking to advance their personal interests [Actually this self-centeredness applies to most Association and Union leaders e.g. NLC]

Note, however, that many times NMA leaders were once NARD leaders.

Many so-called 'senior colleagues' are wicked but they were once 'junior colleagues' complaining about how bad the senior ones were but become bad or worse when they too become senior.

It's not about post. It's about character ultimately.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by gassbee: 9:20am On Aug 25, 2021
See as dis blogger dey find trouble , wen dem invite u come abuja, beat craze commot for dat ur head, make u no begin dey shout say dem dey harass u
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Lovenorth: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2021
Why did you include the name of Yusuf Buhari? Was he the one that advised him to go to abroad or committed suicide?

3 Likes

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by PAWG(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2021
Sahara reporters is getting useless by the day
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by zionstaar75: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2021
Which kind mumu story b this,u deserve 21 slaps for this nonsense write-up
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Fahdiga(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2021
dominique:
So it was Yusuf Buhari that made him to fail his PLAB examination?
You should have kept quiet instead of posting this junk. This post is a new low coming from you
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by ThatFairGuy1: 9:23am On Aug 25, 2021
This useless news can only be shared by chief wailer himself racoon.
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by talk2hb1(m): 9:23am On Aug 25, 2021
Malicious Report
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by PAWG(m): 9:24am On Aug 25, 2021
Fahdiga:
You should have kept quiet instead of posting this junk. This post is a new low coming from you

But seriously what has Yusuf Buhari got to do with his suicide? SR are messing with your head, I’m pretty sure you can see the narrative but due to the massive hate for the first family you don’t want to say the obvious

3 Likes

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Enyimbamercedes: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2021
A string of failures but the ultimately failure was on him for committing suicide

The judicial system failed him because he was unjustly sacked and knew he would get no justice even from the courts
NISA premier failed him by sacking him
CedarCrest failed him by not giving him a better offer despite making such a big referral to them
Nigeria failed him by not making doctors comfortable enough to stay here rather than go and write PLAB

But you see ehe...that PLAB na ritual oo. Pass it like this and your life has changed

My sister-in-law worked at the University of Calabar teachingHospital...poorly paid and all earning under 300k

Passed PLAB... got work I'm the UK and earns 3500 pounds after tax....let me help you with the calculation...over 2million per month

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:

I guess this should rather be captioned: "Yusuf Buhari: Dr.Obafemi's Ordeal and Tragedy of The Failed Nigerian Healthcare System." This is how the so called irresponsible consultants push younger doctors to difficult situations and unfortunately their untimely deaths.

See how this poor chap became the fallen guy because of their greed and wickedness.I guess this is one of the reason why the medical profession is so much bastardized that even the consultants themselves & junior colleagues are leaving this failed nation in droves to go overseas?

You need to see news report on the Saudi Arabia govt recruitment of Nigerian doctors @ Abuja ystdy to appreciate the rot of the system.Only NARD seems to be fighting well.The NMA and MDCN are useless.The govt should better see to his beleaguered family wellbeing because they got blood on their hands.Rest in peace young Doctor.

N120k salary?

A Doctor?
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by Liebermantic: 9:25am On Aug 25, 2021
Oh Dr Obafemi,why killing yourself?
Not passing the Exam is not a measure of your academic intelligence.. I'm crying reading the sad end of the story..Oh Obafemi!!why
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by King3urna(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2021
Racoon:

You said it all bro Yusuf should not be blamed for his death let’s get that facts straight this op seems you hate this young man so much he did not make him self if you were in his shoes you for don do pass am self omo stop the hate on him biko I hate em papa pass you but let’s leave this young man outta this
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by josephevergreen(m): 9:28am On Aug 25, 2021
God help us all..this is really painful..
Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by UDUJ(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2021
goodheart02:
The whole thing still boils down to Buhari. Imagine a doctor earning 120K-150K amongst his needs and financial obligations, despite his commitment to saving lives and the sacrifices involved. That's to show u how bad the economy and Buhari led administration is to the health sector. Speaking from experience i know how tough it was for me to survive after graduation, despite i was a "so called" doctor in Nigeria. Every young doctor is writing exams to leave the country. And i can remember how many of my colleagues wrote those exams and some ended up depressed after several attempts. There are a lot of depressed and frustrated doctors in Nigeria today but many people don't know, and it reflects in the way they relate with patients and even junior colleagues. Those senior doctors acted under greed and frustration. Shame on the cow rearer in Aso Rock. And to those senior doctors frustrating the junior colleagues, i believe the system programmed them that way and they will never see good.

That's what really shocked me. How can a medical doctor be earning a measly 150k salary a month? A whole medical doctor with their many years of training?

I still cannot bring my brain to fathom it. This country is useless.

1 Like

Re: Dr Obafemi Committed Suicide After Attending To Yusuf Buhari After Accident - SR by delzbaba(m): 9:29am On Aug 25, 2021
Very rubbish write up, sahara shit have started employing 3rd grade journos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Wins In Benue With 310,468 Votes / Kano Prince, Mustapha Ado Bayero, Marries 2 Wives On Same Day (Photos) / Governor Yahya Bello With His Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.