Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,608 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum (4315 Views)

Learn How To Speak Pidgin Language / Legalise Pidgin Language / Nigerian Pidgin Language Bible Translation Project – A Great Move By God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by charlisco(m): 5:17pm On Feb 11, 2006
In this forum we are going to interprete pidgin Language to good english,
someone once told me that he his would like learn Pigeon language, but i am not too proud in it, so i am asking Nairaland to come to this guy aid.

It should follow this format

Pidgin Language:
if you monkey you go banana

Meaning in English Language:
if you do not perform well, you might end up out of the way
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by Z4M4eva(f): 5:23pm On Feb 11, 2006
P.L- you don "kolo"

E.L - You've gone "Crazy"
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by charlisco(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2006
"Pidgin" Language - dis guy don shet 4 church

English Langauaga - He has spoil every thing
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by hotangel2(f): 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2006
Pidgin english : You chop winch?

English: Are you insane?
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by candylover(f): 8:57pm On Feb 11, 2006
YOU DEY YARN DUST

YOU ARE TALKING NONSENSE
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by exu(m): 1:30pm On Feb 12, 2006
What does the word 'akata' actually mean,

I've heard it used and I know who it refers to but what does it translate as
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by charlisco(m): 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2006
it means trouble is at hand
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by charlisco(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2006
dis guy dey yan opater

means this guys is talking out of point
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by exu(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12, 2006
Is that's it's only translation, or is it one of those words with several meanings

Also, which language is that
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by Rolly: 8:49pm On Feb 13, 2006
@ exu, "akata" means white person as in a white man or woman
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by 1ofall(f): 1:45pm On Feb 14, 2006
@Charlisco, I think you might be thinking of "yakata"
as in "e don yakata" meaning it is ruined, could also say "e don kpafuka"
Akata is usually used to refer to people from the USA or The USA itself, eg "Akata don land" or "I dey go Akata"
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by charlisco(m): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2006
The one i knew of which it is used to refer to U.S are yanki and ghant or
ogodo-oyibo
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by exu(m): 7:07pm On Feb 15, 2006
what does 'ogodo' mean
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by Rolly: 8:13pm On Feb 15, 2006
as in Abroad, America, overseas in general
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by blkamrcngl(f): 5:30am On Feb 16, 2006
Akata is usually used to refer to people from the USA or The USA itself, eg "Akata don land" or "I dey go Akata"
So where does "Ikata" come from?
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by Rhodalyn(f): 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2006
u no sabi ''bleh''
u dnt understand english
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by sweetpea(f): 12:07pm On Feb 20, 2006
Na so una dey break pigin self? cheesy
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by limitless: 1:41pm On Feb 22, 2006
The correct spelling of pidgin English is not Pidgoen. I was beginnig to think we should have that language internationalised. What do you think? At least Patwa (the rastafarians language) is respected so why shoulcn't pidgin English receive some boost too.
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by Rhodalyn(f): 10:20am On Feb 23, 2006
yeh
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by babymine(f): 9:19am On Mar 08, 2006
Pidgin English - You don fall my hands

English - You've messed up big time grin
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by Rolly: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2006
i dey ache

i'm hungry
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by IBBFan(m): 8:57pm On Mar 11, 2006
Pidgin- as we dey kpenf for joint, na so AK con carry us disharge straight to jete make we do night

English- as we were drinking in a pub, police came to arrest us and locked us the cell for the night.
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by mamaput(f): 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2006
how body? (answer) e de inside cloth

how are you fine thankyou.
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by mamaput(f): 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2006
I piss for body

i was so mad
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by mamaput(f): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2006
Amibo

gossiper
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by IBBFan(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2006
mamaput, abeg whish corner you dey sell your lems?

madam, please where is your restaurant located?

note: lems means food
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by mamaput(f): 10:51pm On Mar 11, 2006
I never open but i go inform una
by dat time i no go get time for forum self
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by IBBFan(m): 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2006
to interprete what mamaput said;

i haven't opened one yet, but i will keep you all informed. by that time, i will have little or no time for the forum.
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by mamaput(f): 11:03pm On Mar 11, 2006
The one i like best is[b] JJC[/b] jonny just come

someone that just came new abroad and has not fitted in.

in my time there was bushmeat
a girl thats not up to date.
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by IBBFan(m): 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2006
cheesy cheesy yea, i always liked that bushmeat. u for open dictionary na, mamaput
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by mamaput(f): 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2006
I hate bush meat.
short story.
My boyfriend and I with his Friend were on the road, there was this bushmeat the friend saw and wanted to what ever.
cutting a long story short I was the only one with money on this day and after heave begging i promised to pay the bills if the bush meat comes along.
they stopped the car and asked her if she would like to go for a drink she said "yes" and she was with a Friend.
Well we went to a fine place and my boyfriends friend ask "what will you drink" both of them said "chicken".
The friend looked at me i nodded ( my money was enough)
Bushmeat and bushmeat(the girl friend ) went to the bathroom.
My money changed hands (in Nigeria a woman dose not pay the bill)
they ate more than only chicken then meatpei joined the list maybe salad i have forgotten not to talk of the cola.

After that they said "drop us here" that was it
i never saw my money but i had a good laugh
my boyfriend and his friend were mad .
its about 20 years ago this happened but i will never forget the look on their faces when they dropped the bushmeat. She did not even say thankyou or turn to wave,.
Re: Let's Interprete Pidgin Language On This Forum by IBBFan(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

very bad situation!!!!!! so who was supposed to mark the 3rd bushmeat or was it supposed to be a "mi naje trois"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why U Must Visit OGBA ZOO @benin City (photos) / What Is The Meaning Of This? / Kingmakers To Select New Obong Of Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.