Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (850931 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 12, 2021
tyscott99:
If you get it right, they will approve your Visa under 7days from Germany.

Take your time to start from trend 19 on the processes and you will be fine.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2021
But what if the person course requires in-person and the school requires a compulsory deferral what do you advice should be done?
Thaiy:

Same happened to me, got it this morning, plus I already updated IRCC about it with new LOA. However, I reached my school for an annulment of the new letter and requested for a continuance letter which I will forward to IRCC when I receive it.

Since you have not got the new LOA, reach out to your school, tell them about the new development stop the deferral, begin classes online while you prepare to travel in the coming weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
May 23
Iffylove:
Hello everyone...
If you submitted in May and you have not received a decision yet...please kindly indicate
Thank you

We pray for good news for everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 12:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hello tourphland

Its not compulsory for an applicant who is not self sponsored to drop his or her SOA, but it is necessary..

But if you are a Self sponsored applicant, it is mandatory you drop your statement of account..

I personally know of some applicants who are not self sponsored who didn't drop their SOA but still got their Visa..

But please note, your Sponsor must be more than capable to see you through your schooling in Canada and also he or she must show readiness and commitment to sponsor you all through your study in Canada... Once your sponsor can show this, then you are good to go..

But to be on a safer side, I will advise applicants to also submit their SOA

Peace
tourphland:
makano

Please If an applicant doesn’t present his personal Statement of account is it a problem?
Even though The main sponsor provided it?
But the co sponsor just put landed property. Is it good to go?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by usor00(m): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
it depends on the school
Nenyenwobi:
Dear All

Please has anyone successfully changed course and gotten approval

Kindly respond
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by studywell: 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2021
Happy Sunday every one , I see that May applicants are getting approvals lately . I am an April 27th applicant and I have not gotten a decision yet . Please are there still April applicants on here waiting for a decision too .? All the best to every one of us still expecting and to those who got denied please do not give up . Have a blessed week ahead every one

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by atiteb4: 1:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
studywell:
Happy Sunday every one , I see that May applicants are getting approvals lately . I am an April 27th applicant and I have not gotten a decision yet . Please are there still April applicants on here waiting for a decision too .? All the best to every one of us still expecting and to those who got denied please do not give up . Have a blessed week ahead every one
hopefully you will hear from ircc this week. They should also start attending to June applicants

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
promo4:
Please guys I'm a newbie here and looking at getting admission in a Canadian university. I studied Elect/elect Engr with a CGPA of 4.1. I've been working in the field of Cybersecurity for 3 yrs + now. I want to do my Masters in Cybersecurity. Please I need your help as regards fully funded opportunities in Cybersecurity.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Cc @Lekiboboe @ frankrobbn @shuppy and many more

Google

"Professors of Cybersecurity Canada"

you would see Cybersecurity professors in each of their faculties and their Research Areas in various Canadian universities. After doing your diligence, you can now mail (Cold mail) them one by one for potential Fully-funded thesis based Masters opportunities in Cybersecurity research areas.

You can also go through the link below for
Schools in Canada offering Masters in Computer Science and locate their Cybersecurity Professors

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Computer+Science+&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=

Also google this

Master of Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence (MCTI)
University of Guelph, Ontario

How can you begin to do your due diligence?

Take your time and go through all contents in the link below, relate it to your field of study, research interests in Cybersecurity and start shooting your shots ASAP

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Await more contributions from others

Good luck!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bayor65: 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
makano:
Hello tourphland

Its not compulsory for an applicant who is not self sponsored to drop his or her SOA, but it is necessary..

But if you are a Self sponsored applicant, it is mandatory you drop your statement of account..

I personally know of some applicants who are not self sponsored who didn't drop their SOA but still got their Visa..

But please note, your Sponsor must be more than capable to see you through your schooling in Canada and also he or she must show readiness and commitment to sponsor you all through your study in Canada... Once your sponsor can show this, then you are good to go..

But to be on a safer side, I will advise applicants to also submit their SOA

Peace
Hello, readiness and commitment how? I am so so sorry to ask, I need answers. I used one of my uncle though we not related and we are not the same surname but he gave me his statement of account, he wrote a letter, passport data page and his tax clearance which I thought it was okay, that is why i asked the question earlier. Please i need answers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
mastersammy:
Hi everyone, I will like to bring this to your attention,something I feel some Applicants use to ignore bcus dey don't see it as something serious but in reality that thing is one of the things that determines weda their visa will be approved or not.
(That thing is CAREER/JOB prospects in home country)

Now some people are being ignorant of this thing by not taking it into consideration before applying for their study visa, although I don't blame them, some of them are not informed to that aspect.

Career/Job prospects in home country is one of the elements that plays a big role in determining your visa approval.
By this I mean, some applicants use to choose a program they feel is highly paid in Canada or it could be what ever reason that prompt them to choose anyhow program without considering some certain things.

For instance, a Visa officer may be working on an application, he or she will look into the career/job prospects of the applicant chosen program in their home country, by doing this they are trying to figure out the amount of job placement of the applicant proposed course in the PA home country.
Now base on their research, if they find out that their is little employment opportunities for the PA chosen program in their home country, this will raise eye brow on the side of VOs bcus they will be wondering why the PA has chosen to spend thousands of dollars studying a program that has high rate of unemployment in their home country but has high rate of employment in Canada.
Basically, this alone will signal the VO that the PA is trying to emigrate in disguise using study visa bcus the program the PA chose, has high job placement in Canada but low job prospects in their home country.
This in return will make the embassy to refuse the applicant visa with the following reason that they are not sure the PA will leave the country at the end of their studies bcus they feel there is limited employment prospects on the chosen field of study in the PA country of residence

To summarize this, let me give an example, an Iraq applicant is proposing to study French in Canada.
Now tell me, does this make any sense, obviously it will be hard to secure employment in Iraq using French degree certificate.

My advice to the intending Applicant, while choosing a program, choose it carefully and carry out research on the particular course you ve chosen to know the employment rate of the course in your home country and try explain in your Sop why you've chosen not to study the course in your country.

@bolded.
I disagree with you!!.
How do you think the VOs have that luxury of time to look at that thing you stated up there?
It isn't their business. When they give refusal reasons, it's either no career progression or academic progression. Nothing like your country doesn't have such employment rate.

The example You gave as well doesn't hold water. It's a choice and it's allowed if an Iranian wants to learn french from another country, it's either for the country of school good or for his own good and country. It's a win-win
Please lets mind how we dish info here. Leave emotions apart and also you dnt work with ircc to know what they do.
If one studied banking and finance and have a job in veterinary firm for 4years and you choose to study veterinary whatever in canada, it's not the VOs business to tell you there isnt job or employment rate on that program in your home country.
Just prove a solid point that you would leave canada, even though they expect you to stay back and help their economy and you can be a PR and citizen in few years, which is the Main reason people choose CANADA.

Please, what you said has no basis to be held strongly.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Onyekachiii: 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please can I use any dhl office around me to send my passport to vfs? I stay at Abuja and how much does it cost ? Thanks .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Geology, Geophysics, Oceanography/Marine Science, Meteorology & Climate Science graduates

University of Victoria, Canada

This schools gives FUNDING WELLA for Masters, PHD under the condition you do your due diligence (Cold Mailing Professors you have something in common with in terms of Research Areas)

See the link below for their Professors of Earth & Oceanic Science

https://www.uvic.ca/science/seos/people/faculty/index.php

Also endeavor to go through their "personal research websites"

Activate Cold Mailing Gears......

JI MA SUN!!!!!

Copied as received

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by AiLiya(f): 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2021
Teemenzo:

Same course i applied for. Congrats. We will see you there soon. I'm also a prospective Fanshawe college student.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing y’all in person smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Dukealara: 2:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
mastersammy:
Hello Canadian Aspirants.....
This information is for Applicants out there that there study visa app has been refused and they are thinking of giving up in their pursuit to study in their dream country Canada. I was inspired to put this down bcus I noticed some Applicants are giving up and are pulling the plug of their plans to move to Canada .
I don't blame them anyways, cus Canada embassy has a way of putting people into anxiety, curiosity and frustration base on the long wait and other things. But the thing is,there is a good news now, Applicants doesn't have to give up their dream to live and study in Canada anymore.

I agree with this. Thank you for encouragement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by studywell: 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
atiteb4:
hopefully you will hear from ircc this week. They should also start attending to June applicants

I hope so , because lectures started already and this emotions and waiting thing not even allowing lectures get into my brain
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lekiboboe: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
For anyone graduate of Agricultural Economics (BSC, MSC)

This link consists of the list of Professors and their research areas at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada

https://grad.usask.ca/programs/agricultural-economics.php#Researchsupervisors

Kindly check and send the appropriate cold mails to Professors you have something in common with in terms of research areas

Sent as received

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by promo4(m): 3:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lekiboboe:

Google

"Professors of Cybersecurity Canada"

you would see Cybersecurity professors in each of their faculties and their Research Areas in various Canadian universities. After doing your diligence, you can now mail (Cold mail) them one by one for potential Fully-funded thesis based Masters opportunities in Cybersecurity research areas.

You can also go through the link below for
Schools in Canada offering Masters in Computer Science and locate their Cybersecurity Professors

https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Computer+Science+&program_level_merged=Master%27s+degree&program_language=

Also google this

Master of Cybersecurity and Threat Intelligence (MCTI)
University of Guelph, Ontario

How can you begin to do your due diligence?

Take your time and go through all contents in the link below, relate it to your field of study, research interests in Cybersecurity and start shooting your shots ASAP

https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/321#103487629

Await more contributions from others

Good luck!!!

Thanks alot and God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please anyone in Guelph Ontario oooo help am looking for apartment oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Iffylove: 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Why not use kijiji.ca

shams040:
Please anyone in Guelph Ontario oooo help am looking for apartment oooo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please how do I book upfront medical my location is Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by NmaEbube: 3:32pm On Sep 12, 2021
mastersammy:

Yea sure, it's allowed for your dad to will his property to you, atleast you will use it as one of your assets but I want you to know this that, for your dad to will his property to you, it doesn't add enough juice to your home ties, you need to secure more personal assets to add to the one your dad will give you.
I’m 24years old with a minimum salary, how am I going to acquire personal asset��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Bushboy009: 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Good evening everyone . Please what mode of payment can I use to pay for my Airbnb booking.. will naira card work ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shams040(m): 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2021
[quote author=Iffylove post=105744442]Why not use kijiji.ca

[/quote

Nothing is on kijiji oooo.

Please add me to the WhatsApp group For Ontario ppl

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Perfectyyyyyy: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need to candid opinion on what is my best chance of getting admission and visa. There is my situation, I graduated in year 2001 with 2.2 (Second Lower) in B.sc Biochemistry. But a year before my graduation because of the constant Strike, I secured a part-time job in manufacturing company as a marketer. The job became permanent full time and I rose to the position of Marketing Manager. That’s my one and only job, and I am still on the job.

Can I do a market in Biochemistry or any science related courses?

Or it would be preferable and easier to go through the process if I pick a Master or PG cert in any sales/marketing courses?

It is possible for my to sponsor myself?

I will greatly appreciate your sincere and detailed reply !

Cc @Lekiboboe @ frankrobbn @shuppy and
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 4:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
It seems you just created this moniker, I don't know why everything you advice sounds different from what I've learnt on here.

mastersammy:
Hi everyone, I will like to bring this to your attention,something I feel some Applicants use to ignore bcus dey don't see it as something serious but in reality that thing is one of the things that determines weda their visa will be approved or not.
(That thing is CAREER/JOB prospects in home country)

Now some people are being ignorant of this thing by not taking it into consideration before applying for their study visa, although I don't blame them, some of them are not informed to that aspect.

Career/Job prospects in home country is one of the elements that plays a big role in determining your visa approval.
By this I mean, some applicants use to choose a program they feel is highly paid in Canada or it could be what ever reason that prompt them to choose anyhow program without considering some certain things.

For instance, a Visa officer may be working on an application, he or she will look into the career/job prospects of the applicant chosen program in their home country, by doing this they are trying to figure out the amount of job placement of the applicant proposed course in the PA home country.
Now base on their research, if they find out that their is little employment opportunities for the PA chosen program in their home country, this will raise eye brow on the side of VOs bcus they will be wondering why the PA has chosen to spend thousands of dollars studying a program that has high rate of unemployment in their home country but has high rate of employment in Canada.
Basically, this alone will signal the VO that the PA is trying to emigrate in disguise using study visa bcus the program the PA chose, has high job placement in Canada but low job prospects in their home country.
This in return will make the embassy to refuse the applicant visa with the following reason that they are not sure the PA will leave the country at the end of their studies bcus they feel there is limited employment prospects on the chosen field of study in the PA country of residence.

To summarize this, let me give an example, an Iraq applicant is proposing to study French in Canada.
Now tell me, does this make any sense, obviously it will be hard to secure employment in Iraq using French degree certificate.

My advice to the intending Applicant, while choosing a program, choose it carefully and carry out research on the particular course you ve chosen to know the employment rate of the course in your home country and try explain in your Sop why you've chosen not to study the course in your country.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
You will need a dollar card.
Naira card won't work and even if it did, we are limited to 100 dollars.
Bushboy009:
Good evening everyone . Please what mode of payment can I use to pay for my Airbnb booking.. will naira card work ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by flowbjones(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2021
Lianna2020:
You will need a dollar card.
Naira card won't work and even if it did, we are limited to 100 dollars.

Good Evening Everyone. Please I need someone here to guide me.

I applied for a PGD program in a school in BC, I was denied admission due to a reason I still don't understand.

I need help in applying to another college or university for my postgraduate program. I need information in respect of a school that is affordable, accessible and whose admission process is simple.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 4:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
Yes you can and price varies.
You will have to get there to find out.

Two way courier should be around 11k, just an estimate tho.

Onyekachiii:
Please can I use any dhl office around me to send my passport to vfs? I stay at Abuja and how much does it cost ? Thanks .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
You can find available date on their website and book.

ManLikeB:
Please how do I book upfront medical my location is Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 4:49pm On Sep 12, 2021
GodsGabby:

@bolded.
I disagree with you!!.
How do you think the VOs have that luxury of time to look at that thing you stated up there?
It isn't their business. When they give refusal reasons, it's either no career progression or academic progression. Nothing like your country doesn't have such employment rate.

The example You gave as well doesn't hold water. It's a choice and it's allowed if an Iranian wants to learn french from another country, it's either for the country of school good or for his own good and country. It's a win-win
Please lets mind how we dish info here. Leave emotions apart and also you dnt work with ircc to know what they do.
If one studied banking and finance and have a job in veterinary firm for 4years and you choose to study veterinary whatever in canada, it's not the VOs business to tell you there isnt job or employment rate on that program in your home country.
Just prove a solid point that you would leave canada, even though they expect you to stay back and help their economy and you can be a PR and citizen in few years, which is the Main reason people choose CANADA.

Please, what you said has no basis to be held strongly.

I've seen numbers of applicants Gcms that says low Employment prospects back home is one of the things that contributes to their refusal grounds, so your wrong if you say this thing doesn't matter bcus it does and VOs use to check these things at times cus they don't see how an applicant will be telling them he or she will return back home after studies to practice what they studied when in reality there is low job placement in the applicants country with regards to the course they want to study and to the VO it won't make sense to them.
If your saying VO doesn't have time to check these things then your in for a shock, you will be surprise that some VOs will go to extra length of checking applicant Facebook page using the their names, sourcing an information that will help them in Processing an application,why do you think some applications takes 6 to 7months or maybe more before decision is made.
That's why it's good to order GCMS bcus the VOs use to point out things like this there and they won't list it in refusal letter.
Anyways , i don't have time to argue about this, so it's ok for anyone to disagree with me but in my world this matters alot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mastersammy(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
NmaEbube:
I’m 24years old with a minimum salary, how am I going to acquire personal asset��

If that is the only asset you can secure for yourself then use it, it's okay cus it will go along way in helping your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
A quick one boss, are you an agent?
mastersammy:

I've seen numbers of applicants Gcms that says low Employment prospects back home is one of the things that contributes to their refusal grounds, so your wrong if you say this thing doesn't matter bcus it does and VOs use to check these things cus they don't see how an applicant will be telling them he or she will return back home after studies to practice what they studied when in reality there is low job placement in the applicants country with regards to the course they want to study and to the VO it won't make sense to them.
That's why it's good to order GCMS bcus the VOs use to comment on it and they won't list it in refusal letter.
Anyways , i don't have time to argue about this, so it's ok for anyone to disagree with me but in my world this matters alot.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (834)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.