Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (850185 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Patricknetter: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2021
The DHL office, I went to said they don't do two way courier... Pls hw do u guys get ur stamped passport returned.. Am really confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:52am On Sep 15, 2021
Ketima:

Then, kindly print out that mail you sent to school and theirs stating they will only give you an enrolment letter once you land in Canada when going to the airport. If they ask for an enrolment letter at the airport, you now tell them orally about it and show the mail as proof of our verbal reply. Please when printing the mail, ensure the school email address, date of reply, and your email is showing clearly.

Again, if you have enrolled in the class, kindly print a page of your class screen as another proof of enrolment.

My humble opinion though
Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:53am On Sep 15, 2021
Patricknetter:
The DHL office, I went to said they don't do two way courier... Pls hw do u guys get ur stamped passport returned.. Am really confused
Go to another DHL outlet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
I checked it before. It is the same 1year program(see attached). It is just making me sick and I don’t want to put myself in a tight corner by taking a year program.

Confused!!!

Oh, this is serious, are there no other related course that is in line with your Career path progression ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by pjosh1(m): 10:00am On Sep 15, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
I checked it before. It is the same 1year program(see attached). It is just making me sick and I don’t want to put myself in a tight corner by taking a year program.

Confused!!!

You can go for the 1-year program I don’t think the duration of your program will affect your SP application, countless of pple on this platform have gotten sp with one year program. If you’re worried about d duration of your PGWP you can easily apply for another program in the same school after completing your program or another school in Canada and you’ll still get 3-year PGWP.
What matters the most is getting visa

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2021
from my wifes experience they were adamant about that enrolment letter at the airport and asked at the border as well. if you have completed a semester or have results or anything that proves that you are actively a student print and take to the airport. its not your fault there is nothing you can do about it. the correspondence that says you cannot have enrolment letter until arrival should be used at the airport as well. worst case you will be made to stand on the side for a while while they clarify. it shall end in praise for you and your loved ones.

gracedson:
Good day my people, my school just told me that they will only give enrollment letter when I lands in Canada, and I have read a lot here that immigration asks for it before boarding and even at the POE, what document can serve as a substitute ?
Or are there cases like this and were they allowed to board without Enrollment letter ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 10:03am On Sep 15, 2021
from my wifes experience they were adamant about that enrolment letter at the airport and asked at the border as well. if you have completed a semester or have results or anything that proves that you are actively a student print and take to the airport. its not your fault there is nothing you can do about it. the correspondence that says you cannot have enrolment letter until arrival should be used at the airport as well. worst case you will be made to stand on the side for a while while they clarify. it shall end in praise for you and your loved ones.

gracedson:
Good day my people, my school just told me that they will only give enrollment letter when I lands in Canada, and I have read a lot here that immigration asks for it before boarding and even at the POE, what document can serve as a substitute ?
Or are there cases like this and were they allowed to board without Enrollment letter ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2021
DeeApproved:
DURHAM COLLEGE WATAPP GROUP LINK

https:///G0yisG4uV951aljkxwrbzN
Durham college ..dis ur Link is not workIng
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
Hello Nairalander and gurus

All efforts to get colleges in Ontario that offers 2 years Post graduates certificate program in Human Resources Management or related courses have prove abortive.

Only Lambton colleges offer 2 years but the course is high, $27500 tuition fees and application fees of $150. It also includes lots of conditions and not available for May and June 2022 intake. Others colleges only have 1year program.

Try conestoga
What would you advice me to do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2021
just to add a bit of critique so you can counter it in your application when the time comes, you said your husbands job is freelance so i am not sure that will sit well with a VO as proof that you will actually return. is there a possibility you apply first then get the study permit using your child and husband as home ties and then apply for your family afterwards and then use that same freelance work as a means to solidify your husbands application for his own swop? because it will be a tall order that your family is very mobile despite the properties if you apply with yout husband and your kid. it may come across to them as you not being a genuine student seeing as you are carrying a career mobile husband as well as a young toddler that may distract the academics. (this is all positive critique that you should attempt to alleviate from the VOs mind) btw your child needs a visa and your husband a swop. or you could simply get them both a visitor visa and at the point of entry change to whatever is required of them.

BunmiBie:
After reading about 10 pages( I know people who have read the whole thread, kudos) I think it's best for me to share my plan with you guys and please, don't Waka pass, help me review. Please.
I am married with a child that would be 18months next year September,which I plan to resume school.
My husband is a freelancer, which means he can work from home from anywhere in the world.
Hubby has one hectare of land, two plot of land, another two houses, one completed and the second not yet completed. He can proof this properties, our name is on then. Although he do not have CofO. He has red copy, survey plan and receipt for all of them. We may get 2 CofO before then because we are already processing them.
Also, by the time I would be submitting my study permit application (by God's grace) let's assume April, hubby should have around 10k USD in his dorm account. By then I would have deposited for accommodation and pay my first semester (if I am correct) fees.
His parents are old which could also be a social tie I guess.
Our plan is for him to be my sponsor but we will be going together with our little boy.

1) what's our chance of getting my study permit
2) will he get work permit in connection to my application or how do we get Visa for him
3)does my child need to apply for any visa too, or he only need his passport

Gurus, please help me out so I won't make mistakes.
I am already applying for my transcripts to be sent to school in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:16am On Sep 15, 2021
usor00:
hi house, am a may 25th applicant still expecting my PPR and my school have started since on the 6th of September and I have deferred my admission to 2022 fall since my program is only in class program, and has only fall start. The school sent me a letter informing me that since I defer my admission it not a guarantee of admission for fall 2022. Should i upload the letter from the school or wait for IRCC to make a decision.Thanks.

NO.... wait till the admission is out otherwise apply for the next available session in 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Timegi99: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2021
Sheyman56:

What about Cape Breton University?
Not that I know of sorry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:18am On Sep 15, 2021
onyek82:

Bro I'm in the same shoe with you o, I applied July 13th but my program has started, was given till 21st this month to be in school or my fee will be refunded back to me, for me to reapply for fall 2022 that they don't do deferral. Omo I copied Ircc the email sent to me to facilitate my application but nothing has changed in my application. I am confused o

You might need to consider reapplying for admission again. Thats paying another application fee.

Sorry but what your school said is their policy and IRCC cant do anything about it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:19am On Sep 15, 2021
BunmiBie:

I have not completed my application and I have not gotten a supervisor yet
Do you suggest I wait to get a supervisor before completing my application or just go ahead with my application and wait for supervisor approval.
The program is M.Ed thesis based

If you seek funding from the school, you need to get a supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:20am On Sep 15, 2021
sam4774:

Nawaoo, Can the print out of the email chat between me and the Senior student recruitment advisor suffice?

My program is going to start by January,2022 and I plan on traveling by December. How did you wife go about it ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sam4774: 10:23am On Sep 15, 2021
hmm if it shows the email of the recruiter and it is synonymous with the schools email address i think you can show them the actual correspondence on your phone for that. have you completed any assignments? or any tasks that reflects on your student portal?

gracedson:
Nawaoo, Can the print out of the email chat between me and the Senior student recruitment advisor suffice?

My program is going to start by January,2022 and I plan on traveling by December.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lillord(m): 10:24am On Sep 15, 2021
sam4774:
just to add a bit of critique so you can counter it in your application when the time comes, you said your husbands job is freelance so i am not sure that will sit well with a VO as proof that you will actually return. is there a possibility you apply first then get the study permit using your child and husband as home ties and then apply for your family afterwards and then use that same freelance work as a means to solidify your husbands application for his own swop? because it will be a tall order that your family is very mobile despite the properties if you apply with yout husband and your kid. it may come across to them as you not being a genuine student seeing as you are carrying a career mobile husband as well as a young toddler that may distract the academics. (this is all positive critique that you should attempt to alleviate from the VOs mind) btw your child needs a visa and your husband a swop. or you could simply get them both a visitor visa and at the point of entry change to whatever is required of them.

Check some work in Canada here---
https://viralsharebuzz.com/

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:25am On Sep 15, 2021
BunmiBie:
After reading about 10 pages( I know people who have read the whole thread, kudos) I think it's best for me to share my plan with you guys and please, don't Waka pass, help me review. Please.
I am married with a child that would be 18months next year September,which I plan to resume school.
My husband is a freelancer, which means he can work from home from anywhere in the world.
Hubby has one hectare of land, two plot of land, another two houses, one completed and the second not yet completed. He can proof this properties, our name is on then. Although he do not have CofO. He has red copy, survey plan and receipt for all of them. We may get 2 CofO before then because we are already processing them.
Also, by the time I would be submitting my study permit application (by God's grace) let's assume April, hubby should have around 10k USD in his dorm account. By then I would have deposited for accommodation and pay my first semester (if I am correct) fees.
His parents are old which could also be a social tie I guess.
Our plan is for him to be my sponsor but we will be going together with our little boy.

1) what's our chance of getting my study permit
2) will he get work permit in connection to my application or how do we get Visa for him
3)does my child need to apply for any visa too, or he only need his passport

Gurus, please help me out so I won't make mistakes.
I am already applying for my transcripts to be sent to school in Canada.

Your profile looks good but i need to let you know A VISA IS NOT A RIGHT BUT A PRIVILEGE.

1)That being said, your chances are 50/50..
2) If you include him, he will get a work permit but why dont you go with your child while your hubby serves as a hometie for you.
3) Not really since the child is still very much young.

My 2kobo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:26am On Sep 15, 2021
onyek82:
I just received an email from Nairobi Kenya office this morning

You have to keep waiting
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2021
Did Ircc stop working? Everwhere is dry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:27am On Sep 15, 2021
Patricknetter:
Pls, how do u know that ur stamped passport is ready for pick up

VFS will send you updates via mail or text
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:28am On Sep 15, 2021
gracedson:

I think once visa is approved, you upload to your admission portal and it would be sent to you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Anon123: 10:30am On Sep 15, 2021
Perfectyyyyyy:
Hello Nairalander and gurus

All efforts to get colleges in Ontario that offers 2 years Post graduates certificate program in Human Resources Management or related courses have prove abortive.

Only Lambton colleges offer 2 years but the course is high, $27500 tuition fees and application fees of $150. It also includes lots of conditions and not available for May and June 2022 intake. Others colleges only have 1year program.

What would you advice me to do?

Sadly yes, HRM is a one program but if you can look into other courses related to HRM like strategic global business management.

But if your heart is set on HRM, you might need to consider lambton.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikediaye: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2021
Blazca:
Did Ircc stop working? Everwhere is dry
tot I was d only 1 thinking of dis. Abeg make IRCC attend to May19 applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by gracedson: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2021
Anon123:

I think once visa is approved, you upload to your admission portal and it would be sent to you
Yes, I uploaded the Visa to my admission portal and it was approved but the enrollment was not sent to me automatically and it is not showing in my admission portal, so I sent an e-mail to the school asking for the enrollment letter and I was replied this morning that I will only get it when I arrive in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ezeonlinebiz(m): 10:36am On Sep 15, 2021
I have not been myself concerning this proof of fund thing. Must one have a certain amount of money in his account all through the six month before printing statement? I submitted two accounts statement. One is 6 month with monthly inflow and a balance of 2m. The money don't stay. But I have inflow and outflow of about 50m plus while the other account has 25m closing balance with inflow and outflow of about 26m plus. But my fear is that, one is just one month statement but the money was there all through that month untouched. We got that from a sales of properties. Hope I am safe with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by hoodboy(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2021
Patricknetter:

I experienced this too, went to two Dhl outlets in Lekki both said the same thing, I don’t know why. I even called dhl and they said they do two-way courier so I don’t understand the confusion with their service outlet. The lady gave me a number and said when it is ready for pick up I should call and they will go get it. So I just paid one way like that, will update on how the process went at the end of the day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.